Sexy in Six ***Closed Group*** Week 4

Options

Replies

• sakus32
    sakus32 Posts: 101
    Options
    THURSDAY QOTD: BIGGEST STRUGGLE

Doing what I know works for weightloss and not seeing the scale move. I started a new prescription in Feb and watched myself gain 20 lbs almost instantly. The weight stayed, even with calorie ranges/calorie counting/exercise,etc. After consulting w/the NP that prescribed the medication, I stopped taking it and am now seeing the weight come off. I think these instance make us look at health a different way. We go to doctors and take medications to be "healthy" or promote health, but in sometimes those medications do the opposite. Some people would accept the 20lb gain, but that's a roadblock I had to remove.
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Motivation...though once I start doing my workouts, I do great! and living with people who aren't watching what they eat as closely. They're making brownies, buying crap...ugh. I make the majority of meals, so that makes it much easier, and my hubby has been so supportive, telling me I "should workout" when I say I'm tired or sore and not going through drive thrus or getting easy take out. But my mother lives with us, and if I take her grocery shopping with me it's impossible!
  • zaiikaa
    zaiikaa Posts: 112
    Options
    Thursday QOTD: Ever since you started on your weight loss journey, what has been your biggest obstacle and how did you over come it

Since my SO went back to school and has 8am classes, we've had to switch to 5:30am workouts. First, I am not a morning person. Second, I'm used to a lot of sleep. I've always gotten 8-10 hours. Nevertheless, I've been doing this 5:30am jazz for a couple weeks now. Never thought I'd be out working out before dawn.
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Thursday QOTD: Ever since you started on your weight loss journey, what has been your biggest obstacle and how did you over come it

I would say money-because I can't afford a gym membership or better food-but they are excuses. I know that I can still work out without a gym and I can still eat well if I prioritize, cut coupons, etc. Money is only as big of an obstacle as I let it be.

The true struggle is with my motivation. I want to be smaller, smoking hot, healthy... but I hate to exercise and I love food. It's so easy for me to say I give up and just be "fat and happy". I haven't overcome that yet. It's a daily and weekly battle.
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    My biggest obstacle because I let it be is lack of consistency when i am really motivated then almost nothing can stop me then there are times when i just let myself succumb to laziness in logging and watching what i eat and exercising When i do that it drives me crazy yet it still may take some time for me to be reenergized :grumble:

i am still working through this but fitting into smaller clothes and reminding myself that this permanent lifestyle chane WILL get me to my goal weight and finally i will not have to shop in the fat ladies store ever again really hrlps me be more consistent than ever before

sorry about no punctuation in my message i had carpal tunnel surgery this morning and am trying to type with my left hand only i really miss my right hand lol
  • arcticbear
    arcticbear Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    my biggest obstacle seems to be my work....... I started this during the vacation, which was great , and that enabled me to be focused and get momentum going. Also exercising was easier. Now, though, I am getting very desk bound - working crazy hours, eating very late....... I'm not sure how to get over this. Just about keeping within my limits, and I am keeping on at logging so that I remember how much everything costs. Phew! Then, now I'm getting home so late, I also have to remember to answer the QOTD in time etc etc. I realise that this SExy in Six challenge has actually helped me to overcome this difficulty. Interesting how much it helps to have solidarity, encouragement and so on.

Looking forward to weigh day tomorrow! (Go TEam Purple!!!!!) xxx
  • NicholeAJ
    Options
    Wednesday: my freebie would be my arms! I can hide everything else but not being able to feel good in sleeveless stuff sucks!

Thursday: my biggest obstacle is not over eating giving up then saying I'll start back Monday, that was a bad cycle that I still struggle with!
  • j99li
    j99li Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    My biggest obstacle because I let it be is lack of consistency when i am really motivated then almost nothing can stop me then there are times when i just let myself succumb to laziness in logging and watching what i eat and exercising When i do that it drives me crazy yet it still may take some time for me to be reenergized :grumble:

i am still working through this but fitting into smaller clothes and reminding myself that this permanent lifestyle chane WILL get me to my goal weight and finally i will not have to shop in the fat ladies store ever again really hrlps me be more consistent than ever before

sorry about no punctuation in my message i had carpal tunnel surgery this morning and am trying to type with my left hand only i really miss my right hand lol

Get well soon :)
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Thursday QOTD: Ever since you started on your weight loss journey, what has been your biggest obstacle and how did you over come it?

My biggest obstacle is fitness/exercise. I started out this thing strong. I was working out regularly, but I have slowly slacked off. Now there are more days a week that I don't work out than the days I do :ohwell: . I still make an effort, but I have to really push myself. I keep hoping to find the one thing I love. Not sure I ever will. Lately, work has been a big struggle too lately. I have been super-stressed at my job and working really long hours. When I finally get home, I am too stressed and exhausted to do anything, let alone workout. I am trying to get home earlier though. I haven't overcome my obstacles, but I know they are obstacles and I take action to make it better.
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options

Emotional Eating...To be quite honest I'm still working on it.....Very hard to get the mind set needed to overpower it!
  • codonnell13
    codonnell13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

Mindless snacking. Sometimes, especially when I'm tired or stressed, I'll start munching and not even realize what I'm doing.
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    My biggest obstacle? Not planning ahead enough or not following through on a plan. Sometimes when I'm travelling or running around it's just easier to grab that McD's hamburger and tell myself that it's okay as long as it's under my numbers, but it's not the best choice I could make.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Choosing to spend my time working out. I really don't enjoy it. And I could spend the hour and a half doing something else I enjoy. But I know I have to, in order to lose weight, I know it's healthy and I know their will always be an excuse soo I suck it up and do it anyways. When I weigh in and see results its worth it. But the more I go the more I don't dread working out as much.
  • persanta
    persanta Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    FRIDAY - QOTD

OK its Friday so I`m going to keep this simple. One sentence answers only!

I am your Fairy God mother and can grant you one wish today - you can chose ONE food or drink thats going to change to Fat Free & Calorie Free and you can enjoy for the rest of your diet without any consequences.......

Mine is Cream Cakes Mmmmm
  • tjutrostina
    tjutrostina Posts: 94 Member
    Options

Biggest obstacle is probably my job, cos of the long hours and really, all I want to do after work is just to zone out and do nothing. This really discourages me from exercise, so I just do things like walking from my office to the train station or do weights while watching tv.

I travel very often for work too, and this disrupts my exercise and diet plan. So I try to do it before bed or right after I wake up. Yesterday was tough, due to the travel schedules and I was in Hong Kong. I decided to walk the streets non-stop as I would back home, and clock it for speed and distance. So that way, I get my cardio workout too.
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I am your Fairy God mother and can grant you one wish today - you can chose ONE food or drink thats going to change to Fat Free & Calorie Free and you can enjoy for the rest of your diet without any consequences.......

First let me say, That would be wonderful lol lol. I would choose Lasagna !
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Pizza!!!!!
  • sakus32
    sakus32 Posts: 101
    Options
    Cafe mocha w/whipped cream and chocolate drizzle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • j99li
    j99li Posts: 421 Member
    Options

LOL Bubble tea!!!
  • tjutrostina
    tjutrostina Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! This must be my biggest wish ever!

Definitely make Pasta zero calorie!!!!