40+ Club: Fall Fitness Fanatics

Options

Replies

• LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Alf- Hugs right back at ya
    sdereski, chris, Swiss- I find that running and strengh training sooth my soul.
    Pepper again Many hugs.

Its cookie tie and I dont know how to approach this. I usually bake for my friends and have received request already. I was very bad last month so baking would be a treat when I was bad and that is a start of a bad behavior reward system; I am not ready for>>>ROFL

I have been on MFP for 493 days and I can honesty say I dont think I would have gotten through as well as I have without you guys. Thank you. My invisible friends
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: LadyPersia, I have to agree with you. MFP has been a great help to me also.

I am only one pound over what I weighed before Thanksgiving. So, I am sure that will probably be gone by tonight. I am thinking that most of it was water retention.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello friends!!!! How is everyone doing??? I am just busy busy busy!! Mainly with Zumba. I am hosting a fundraiser this Saturday and have been stressing out cause not a lot of people have registered. :cry: Everyone keeps encouraging, well except for one of the staff from the organization I am doing it for, that everything will be just fine and people will show up. Hey maybe I should post it in MyFitnessPal!!! Just thought about it! I am just going to remain positive and whatever outcome we have we will just have fun and have an awesome event!!!

Swiss, I am also worried about Sing. He has never, after all these years, been gone this long. And like I said, he has always responded to my emails. Stiring said she was going to message him but I dont know if she did or not. Even when his mother passed away he stayed in contact with us. Hmm.

LadyPersia, Holiday cookies sound so good but I am with you, it would just be way too tempting. LOL

I am at work so I'd better get off...Take care!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Oh no alf, Now I am really worried. I think that I will message him also. Hopefully, he will answer one of us.
    And while I am replying to your post, I have to say that you look great. I say that because all the Zumba instructors in my area are over weight. What is with that???
  • MommyFancypants
    MommyFancypants Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Found this thread and hoped it was OK to post!

I'm Tina and I'll be 41 in January and I've just started becoming a Fitness Fanatic. I can always use the support!

I started on Monday with a spin class and I can honestly say that I'm hooked. Then arms yesterday and legs with 30 on the treadmill with intervals today. I'm loving this! In just the week I started here I've already lost 3 pounds! :happy:

I was with Spark People since 2006 but they have gotten WAY too big and impersonal. I'm loving the newness of this site and how much more of a food data base they have over Spark! It's so much easier to use too.

Thanks all! --Tina

13047829.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • LadyPersia
    Options
    Welcome Tina
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome Tina. I also have a profile at SparkPeople. I know what you mean about beening impersonal. I use the site for printing off information to share. They do have lots of good ideas. I am taking a spinning class on Saturday mornings. I have gone to four of them. Still waiting for it to hook me, I really have to force myself to go. But, I burn more calories there then with anything else.
  • alf1163
    Options
    Swiss, thank you for the compliments. Yes, I have seen instructors who don't "look the part" but some are excellent instructors. IMO in any profession you have to set an example and "look the part" so to me it is important to not only preach health and fitness but that I also do what I preach and that my appearance proves it. I dont have a perfect body, not anywhere near it, but I am healthy and fit especially for my age. LOL I am going to send Sing another email. :(

Tina, welcome!!!! Keep up the good work!!!! Spinning is an excellent class!!! I havent done it in a while :(

Gotta go!!! Take care!! Hugs!
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Still hanging on to that last pound that I gained last week. I was hoping to have lost all of them by now.
  • KristaH71
    Options
    Hello everyone! I turned 40 in Septemeber and I plan on making my 40+ years look good!
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Welcome KristaH71. You can make you 40s look great. Just stay with us. We will encourage you. By the way...I am 60 and in the best shape of my life. With the exception of this spare tire that is slowing leaving.
  • LadyPersia
    Options
    Maybe I'm silly but when I get down I usually stop drinking water. I noticed as soon as I begin to drink water, I feel so much better and have more energy. So cheers...get your water on:)

Workouts are back on track and I have dropped 3 pounds. ALmost back to my plateau over the summer. I will reach 135 by Jan.
  • _LoseHere
    Options
    This will help you to lose weight http://tinyurl.com/c5sxhku
    Take a look at my result

me.png

Just used _h_t_t_p_://tinyurl.com/c5sxhku
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: LadyPersia, I have noticed that I don't drink my water when I am down. I think that I just want to give up. I lose weight so much better when I do drink water. Hey, I also would love to be 135 by Jan.
  • alf1163
    Options
    Hello!!!!! Well, it looks like this group is getting smaller...:noway: Where is everybody? Thank you Swiss and LadyPersia for keeping it alive. I cannot include myself cause I have been MIA a few times. :laugh: Welcome to Krista!!!! :drinker:

Well, I weighed in this morning, first Friday of the month. Up 2 lbs from last month. :grumble: I kinda felt it and noticed it so I am not surprised. What I need to do is not gain anymore...this time of the year is very trying to me. It is getting better though. I really need to get back to strength training. I have stopped for about a couple of months now. I like to get it done early in the morning and have felt tired not wanting to get up early to workout. I do teach my zumba classes 4 nights a week and they are pretty intense. I am hosting a fundraiser tomorrow, a 2hr zumbathon for a non profit organization that provides respite program to children and young adults with developmental and physical disabilities. My son goes to their camps. I know I wont be doing the entire 2 hrs tomorrow since I am hosting and will be taking care of all the details but I am performing a few songs. Wish me luck!!

Speaking of water, it is the most important nutrient!!! I love the stuff! LOL I usually drink a liter in the morning, when I am at work I make sure I drink 2 liters more, with dinner I drink about the same (1LT) and then when I teach I drink about that same amount. When I am home I tend to drink less but still close to a gallon. I can feel and notice the difference when I dont drink enough. That happens when I am traveling ugh!!

Lady Persia, way to go on your weightloss!!!!!!! :drinker:

Have a wonderful weekend!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Treadmill: 3 miles in 27m39s! Over a minute faster since last weeks 28m56s :) Feeling pretty good afterward too. A bit of an ache in the shins, but not much. Started getting a side stitch around 2 miles, but it went away fairly quickly. Over all, I'm pleased with my progress so far :)

Yesterday, I tried out my new inline skates for the 1st time. Didn't have much time, had to squeeze it in during my lunch, but it was fun :) Looking forward to getting better at it though, lol.

*alf: Its good to see you posting again :) Sounds like you've been, and still are, busy!

*Krista & Tina: Welcome!

LadyP: I always feel better when my training is on track :)
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    <<<---Updated my legs pic. It's hard to get a decent shot without being indecent, lol. Best I could do this morn.

Have you heard the one about the guy/gal who signed up for a mail-in course on motivation? They failed 'cause they couldn't be bothered to keep buying stamps... :laugh:

Did pushups, situps, chinups and Bicep Curl strip sets this morning. Going to a book club for lunch in a bit, then maybe do a little inline skating afterward. Or go to Busch Gardens. Or both :D
  • MommyFancypants
    MommyFancypants Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am so loving this...I lost a total of 6 pounds in the first week alone! :happy: What an incentive. I don't expect a big number like that this week but I'm inspired to make a good go at this!

I did spinning again yesterday, cleaned a house (not mine!) on Thursday (and burned over 200 calories!), did lots of legwork and some intervals on the treadmill on Wednesday, arms on Tuesday....The fact I'm not in the gym today sucks. I'm at work from 12p-12:30 am tonight and I'm stuck sitting at a desk the entire time. I guess I've earned a day of rest. :laugh:

Drink that water and I hope all had a good day!

--Tina

13047829.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • tron3002
    tron3002 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I got P90X, insanity, and hip hop abs. I was gonna get started on the 1st of this month but we had a huge wind storm, 94mph winds that knocked down trees every where. I live in a forest area with tons of 100 ft + tall pines, etc. One fell on my neighbors house pinning her on her couch destroying her house I doubt they will be allowed in to salvage their belonging. I heard she had surgery but other than that I don't know how she is. Another tree behind us and a dentist office were literally split in half by trees. One HUGE one fell across our street thank goodness my son new a back road or we wouldnt have any way out. Another one fell on my in laws truck...The those are a few examples of what happened in walking distance from my house....The power has been out sense Thursday morning and now they are talking about some sort of damage to the water supply so we are in danger of running out of water. I don't know what's going on these past 3 years with all weird weather and trees falling. This needs to stop though.
  • LadyPersia
    Options
    Tron you are in my prayers.