40+ Club: Fall Fitness Fanatics

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

Chris - you are looking mighty slim man. Wear those skinny jeans proudly! You have worked so hard, you deserve to show off. :happy:

Alf - your hubby sounds like a smart man - taking his wife for lunch AND shopping!! Sounds like a keeper to me. :wink:

Tron - glad you got that stuff straightened out. Wow - that's quite a mix up on the condo.

LadyPersia - sorry to hear about all the issues and concerns over your mom. ((((HUGS))))

Swiss - good job on keeping up with your classes.

I had a sluggish weekend. Yesterday was horrible. I didn't even get dressed which is sooo unlike me. Kept telling myself I was going to get off that couch and workout, but I didn't.:tongue: Today was a better day. Went to the gym and did some strength training and then went for a short run with a newbie runner. We ran/walked, but still felt good to be out there. Weather is supposed to be on the mild side all week, so great for running. :happy:

Have a great night. :flowerforyou:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: AWW, sdereski, I think that it is good for us to take an occasional break. Glad that you are back to it.

hewhoiscd, you are such an inspiration.

:flowerforyou: alf, I love stories of couples having fun together. It brings you so much closer.

I have not been here much because I am simply too busy. Supervisor is out and that leaves me with a lot more work. I also noticed at another thread that a lot of people are missing. Maybe just tied up with the holidays. Anyway, I love reading all that you post.
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hello!

Quiet obard. I'm sure you're right Swiss, everyone must be busy getting ready for your holidays. It's a regular ol' weekend for me in Canada. Our Thanksgiving was last month.

Chris - did you ever think you would have the problem of losing weight when you were trying to gain? Only in my dreams. :tongue:

Got up early this morning and did my CardioX workout. I hate getting up, but love the fact that my workout is done for the day. If I end up doing anything else after work, it's bonus.

Having another good day so far food wise. Do have a long day again - it's French class tonight, so I won't get home til 9. :yawn:

Hope you are all having a good day. :flowerforyou:
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Interval Elliptical: 30 minutes for 400 cals. Was going to do a 5k on the treadmill, but it was in use. But got a good work out in on the Elliptical :)

Wore my Levi 511 jeans to work today and to my date tonight for Mini-Golf. I was surprised by how comfy they were to wear all day, think I'll get more, but in different colors.

*silvana: lol, ironic isn't it :) Good job on the Cardio X!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Chris - so glad you wore those jeans!! You need to strut your stuff while there is stuff to strut is what I say. :laugh:

Did my back & bicep workout yesterday morning and then did a 5km run after work. Was supposed to do my yoga this morning, but I slept in and didn't get it in. I sure hope I feel up to it tonight. Hate missing the workouts. Yoga is so long though 90 minutes! UGH!

All the snow we got last week is melting away just beauituflly! It's been a nice mild week. Hope this weather lasts for a while.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you celebrating today.:flowerforyou:
  • hewhoiscd
    Options
    Treadmill: 3 miles in 28m56s :) Over a minute quicker than when I ran it two days ago. No A/C in the fitness room today AND I forgot my towel, lol. I am SOAKED.

sdereski: lol. Sometimes I just did the 1st 45 minutes or so of the Yoga X on one day, and the last half on the rest day.
  • tron3002
    tron3002 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to take a moment to wish you all a very happy thanksgiving. I am very thankful for each and every one of you for being so supportive on our weight loss/fitness journey.
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    It has been one heck of a week and Im thankful I survived it. I did that by all of your wonderful post so I have to say Thank you to my determined, strong, goal orientated fall fitness friends:)

Hugs

My vulture brother is circling right now with all that is going on with my mom. I am taking each day slowly. Thank you for all your words of wisdom. I appreciate them.

Have a wonderful weekend.

---Kim
  • hewhoiscd
    Options
    This morning I got a helmet, so now I'm ready for my Inline Skates and Pads when they get here on Wednesday :)

Then I went to Busch Gardens Tampa. Walked 4.5 miles over about 3 hours and burned 500 calories. Took some pics, you can see them here:

http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff62/Hewhois_photos/Busch Gardens Tampa/2011-11-26/

*LadyPersia: Here's to a better week!

*tron: happy thanksgiving :)
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • pepper06
    Options
    hi everyone! I've missed you! My life has been a roller coaster. I have had so much going on with my Mother.....she is gaining lives and I am loosing lives. She had additional strokes while visiting with me (brought her up for my dau's college graduation), and then she fell thru my laundry room door broke her wrist, congestive heart failure followed, 2 additional strokes. I finally got her back to AL and she declined even more! I was 3 days away from leaving (was about to have to bring her back up north w/me-she cld not function-total brain shut down) when her leg was in pain to touch, put sock on! Did ultra sound of her leg and it was totally blocked! Prayed about doing operation-did it and she survived-no additional strokes-her circulation is bk and she is thinking sooooo much better. We go thurs to hv the staples removed and then next weekend I will be driving bk hm by myself.
    I have missed the gym for a month! My eating has been stress eating and I have gained-not a ton but enough to hurt. When I get bk my gf and I are kicking butt to get in shape..Lady P: I certainly understand your stress level-when I return hm I think I am going for a stress test-my heart can't take all this.t! Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving-healthy one!:flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! MIA again! But I am back, at least for today!!! :laugh: I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Mine was good, quite at the house. We decided this year to stay home and cook. My brother, his wife and baby came over and also my daughter and my granddaughter. It was nice. We are still eating leftovers of course. LOL

Sdereski, lovely picture. You are so pretty. Keep up the good work with P90X!!! :drinker:

Swiss, thank you for keeping up with this thread. There are tons of people missing. :noway: I did hear from Stiring. She is doing well, She has been very busy. I am worried about Sing though. I have not heard from him at all!! He usually replies to my emails and nothing...I hope he is ok as well as his family. This is the time that most of us get very busy or just kinda lazy... :laugh:

Tron, good to hear from you. How is your brother and family doing?

Lady Persia ((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))

Pepper, wow, it's been a while. Good to hear from you although sad to hear you have been through so much with your mom. :cry: Glad to hear she is doing better. I cannot even imagine what she has been through and you having to deal with all that. Take easy and return to your fitness routines slowly but consistently. Working out will definitely help with the stress.

Chris, ROCK those skinny jeans. :laugh: I will check out your pics.

Have a great evening! :flowerforyou:
  • hewhoiscd
    Options
    Haven't done a 60 minute run for awhile. Been doing research on run training and they suggest at least once a week doing an easier paced longer run. Yes...despite my best intentions, I am being sucked into the world of running :D

Today's Treadmill Workout: My weekly slow long "run", 4.36 miles in 60 minutes. For you runners, does that seem about right? I tried to keep my BPM around 150, usually stayed between 145 and 155. My cals burned calculator says I did ~750 cals. I feel good, like I could go another hour or more :)

*alf: I'm trying :D Glad your Thanksgiving was enjoyable :)

*pepper: wow! What a time you have all had!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hello all,

My goodness pepper, I am so sorry to hear all that you have been through with your mom. As Alf said, the exercise will help deal with the stress, but take it easy, and take care of yourself. ((()))

Alf - thank you. :flowerforyou: I am still doing the P90X. Was at the Chiro's on Friday, and he said "no running for 2 weeks". Thank goodness I have P90X!!

Chris - that does sound right for a slow, easy run. The fact that you could have gone for another hour also says it as well.

Not too much else to report. Did my kempo workout this morn and worked up a great sweat. Tomorrow is chest & back and ab ripper. Love the ab ripper. :happy:

Hope everyone else is doing well.

I have started my Christmas shopping, but slowly. Will now try and get myself ready for the Christmas holidays.

Have a great night all - watching my one of my favourite movies - Love Actually. :happy:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: sdereski, what is ou favorite movie? You didn't say. Yesterday I found a station on my satellite TV called Retroplex. It shows all old movies. The kind that my husband and I can both enjoy.

hewhoiscd, I hate to admit it but I hate running. Mainly because I am so clumbsie. I am sure that I would injure myself. Glad to see that you are enjoying it. Keep it up.

:flowerforyou: Annette, I have been terrible about not responding also. But, you now have me worried about sing. I know that he will disappear for days or weeks at a time, but if you can't get an answer from a message, then I wonder. Praying that all is well with him.

My goodness Pepper, You are under so much stress. Not good for a person. Please remember to take care of yourself.

I missed two days of exercising last week. One because of going to visit a college with my daughter and the other because I had to work over. I did make up some of it last night. I don't usually visit the Y on Sundays but my husband talked me into it. I am planning on getting back to at least five-one hour sessions a week.
  • sdereski
    Options
    :flowerforyou: sdereski, what is ou favorite movie? You didn't say. Yesterday I found a station on my satellite TV called Retroplex. It shows all old movies. The kind that my husband and I can both enjoy.

The movie is called "Love Actually" :smile:
  • hewhoiscd
    Options
    Lots of Sets of Seated Overhead Press, Strip Sets on Bicep Curls and then push ups. Been neglecting my upper body workouts lately with all this cardio.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: sdereski...LMAO..I thought that the "Love Actually" was part of your statement. You know..as in you actually love that movie. :laugh:

I discovered that Retroplex shows old movies with violence and nudity. Found this out the hard way last night. Too bad they can't stick to Doris Day movies.:bigsmile:

I am still up 2 to 3 pounds from Thanksgiving. I went to the strength class last night. I love them so much. They make me feel so good.
  • hewhoiscd
    Options
    Treadmill: Short "Fast" Run day. Did a 1/2 mile warm up walk then ran a mile in 8m58s. I'll do better next time for sure. I must confess that I haven't eaten much today, just been busy. Feeling it now.
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    hi everyone! I've missed you! My life has been a roller coaster. I have had so much going on with my Mother.....she is gaining lives and I am loosing lives. She had additional strokes while visiting with me (brought her up for my dau's college graduation), and then she fell thru my laundry room door broke her wrist, congestive heart failure followed, 2 additional strokes. I finally got her back to AL and she declined even more! I was 3 days away from leaving (was about to have to bring her back up north w/me-she cld not function-total brain shut down) when her leg was in pain to touch, put sock on! Did ultra sound of her leg and it was totally blocked! Prayed about doing operation-did it and she survived-no additional strokes-her circulation is bk and she is thinking sooooo much better. We go thurs to hv the staples removed and then next weekend I will be driving bk hm by myself.
    I have missed the gym for a month! My eating has been stress eating and I have gained-not a ton but enough to hurt. When I get bk my gf and I are kicking butt to get in shape..Lady P: I certainly understand your stress level-when I return hm I think I am going for a stress test-my heart can't take all this.t! Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving-healthy one!:flowerforyou:

Here is a big hugs for you.