30 Day Shred Challenge?

Options

Replies

• duramater27
    duramater27 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    level 2, day 6. 4 more days at this level?!?! egads.

hey, been a little quiet on this topic, are people still at it? hanging in there on the shred???
  • runninggirl262
    runninggirl262 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Still here. Came home too late last night to post, but not too late to fit in level 2 day 8. This morning level 2 day 9. Thinking of what other poster said about skipping day 10 and starting Level 3. I just reviwed the moves for level 3. I am not so excited to start those moves either.

I will decide tomorrow
  • RubyDarling
    RubyDarling Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Urgh, you guys aren't filling me with confidence for level 2!!

I did L1D6 today and I'm breezing through it now.

I also sneakily took my measurements, and I've already lost about 5 inches all over, which I'm amazed about. Not much weight loss though, which I expected.
  • runninggirl262
    Options
    Level 2 Day 10.DONE!!!!

rachmack: It's not that bad, but it's not any fun if you can't complain about it. It's good complaining.

In the end we are going to look great. Stick with it.
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 4, 14 days total doing Jillian
  • duramater27
    Options
    Urgh, you guys aren't filling me with confidence for level 2!!

Ah, sorry for the lack of confidence filling! It's not that it isn't doable, it's that the "becoming easy" part doesn't seem to materialize! So many moves are in the plank position and they are TOUGH!! BUT, you'll definitely feel it and that is the point.

Keep up the good work!
  • TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    Options
    Haven't been checking in for a few day but I've stayed on schedule! Completed L2D10 this morning and boy am I glad it's done. I can't wait to move on tomorrow. I've only lost 1 inch off my waist and 1/2 inch off my hips so far. We'll see what level 3 does... I am starting to see some shadowy definition in my abs though which is exciting!!
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Exactly what Durameter said.

In level 1 by about the 4th day you are feeling confident, you think "Wow! This is great! I am getting better at this, its easier!"

Then comes level 2. Its still only 20 minutes but you never get that moment where you think "This is getting easier." No, it is pain to push through every single day. With success wavering just out of reach.

But Level 3-- Ahh! That feeling that you are awesome comes back! The planks are cake compared to level 2. You are a muscle machine. Yes, its work but you can feel the progress you are making again. You think maybe you made it to heaven. Anything is better than Level 2.

*grin*
  • RubyDarling
    RubyDarling Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Ahh ok, thanks for clarifying, guys! Bugger about it being so tough, but I am up for the challenge. I

Three more days of L1, then I'm onto L2!
  • duramater27
    Options
    Level 2, Day 7000. I mean 7. But it seems like 7000.

One bright spot of level 2 -- not so many close ups of that woman's insanely fat-free, ripped abdominal muscles.
  • l8trg8tr
    l8trg8tr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I will start tomorrow as well - good luck
  • talia25
    talia25 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Was so glad to move onto L3 today, oh so much better than L2 which I just hated! Only 9 more days, however thinking I might do a couple of days morning and night just to speed things up as I bought Ripped in 30 and would like to start it next week
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Finished L1D5 today, and finding it MUCH easier than the beginning :)
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I know!! Isnt level 3 like a breath of fresh air after level 2?

Also I agree that Anita's abs are unbelievable. I will never be at that point... Although I'm not quite sure I want to either. I want to have *some* shape.

I'm going to only be able to do six days total of level 3 before I leave on my hiking trip. I'm actually disappointed that I'm not going to be able to do the whole thirty days in a row!
  • runninggirl262
    Options
    Level 3 day 1. Great workout. So excited- I like the variety in this round
  • jellybean82
    jellybean82 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I completely fell off the wagon, I felt miserable for a few days and didn't work out once. I got back at it last night and completed L2D4.

After this is done I might try Ripped in 30, has anyone here done it before? It is similar to the Shred?
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 6, 16 days of Jillian Workout!
  • TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    Options
    Completed L3 D1 today and it killed me. I had to revert back to beginner moves for some of the jumps and planks :(((( maybe in a few days I can kick it up a notch as I get used to it again.
  • Asec
    Asec Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi all,

have been reading about the 30day shred. but im just not sure what it is...
    howlong is one workout?
    i have a back injurie and cts in my arms and im thinking if the 30day shred will be good for me, as it contains weights etc....

can someone specify a bit more how everything works?
  • jellybean82
    jellybean82 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    L2D5 is done! I think I like the 2nd circuit the best on this level, I can normally get through it without having to take a 5 sec. break.

My arms are getting really toned, the back of my thighs are less jiggly and I have noticed a *slight* difference in my abs. I'm holding off until the end though for my measurements.