30 Day Shred Challenge?

Options

Replies

• duramater27
    duramater27 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Level 2, Day 8 done. Whew!

jellybean82, welcome back to the wagon and you will remain an enigma to me with your mastery of Level 2!!! I suppose someone has to like it to balance out the rest of us level 2 haters. Way to go!
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Forgot to check in earlier. Level 3 day 3 i think.

Still loving it. I love the extravuse of weights although, lets be honest, im only using three pounders. I need to get some fives at least. The squats cleans are way too easy. Okay the jump squats make up for that...

I do love the definition my arms are getting. Its nice to flex muscle and actually see it. :)
  • jellybean82
    jellybean82 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Level 2, Day 8 done. Whew!

jellybean82, welcome back to the wagon and you will remain an enigma to me with your mastery of Level 2!!! I suppose someone has to like it to balance out the rest of us level 2 haters. Way to go!

Thanks! I've been really bad for falling off the wagon, hopefully I can stay on track this weekend, I'm Canadian and this weekend is Thanksgiving, the pie is just so tempting! I'm staying close to home so I should be able to get my workouts in. I might have to hop on the treadmill too because let's face it...I will be eating pie. :laugh:

And it's only the 2nd circuit that I can get through, the rest I can't stand, those walking push ups are the bane of my existence, at least they are right at the start and they are over with right away. I was told this morning that my arms are looking smaller! WOO HOO!
  • runninggirl262
    runninggirl262 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Did two sessions yesterday. I am going out of town next Monday. i didn't want leave with 3 days left in the SERIES! I did Level 3 day 1 at 4:00 am and Level 3 day 2 at 8:00 pm. I figured 16 hours apart is pretty good. Besides I feel like I can see the finish line.

I'll fit in a few more "two a days" this week, with the goal to to do Level 3 day 10 next Monday. Then hop on plane to business meeting 27 pounds lighter and several inches smaller (TBD next Monday how many inches it is)
  • RubyDarling
    RubyDarling Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I was naughty. I jumped ahead to Level 2 (I should be on L1D9 but it just wasn't challenging me and I was losing interest).

I didn't find L2 THAT bad... I had to have a few breathers doing the plank jumps, and the cheerleader things really hurt, but it was ok! I love being covered in sweat at the end of it.

It is much harder on my knees though - they're both hurting right now. I'm going to have to stick with Anita for this level, I think.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Still here. Came home too late last night to post, but not too late to fit in level 2 day 8. This morning level 2 day 9. Thinking of what other poster said about skipping day 10 and starting Level 3. I just reviwed the moves for level 3. I am not so excited to start those moves either.

I will decide tomorrow

I'm doing the shred for the 2nd time and what I missed the 1st round was when Jillian M says' "Move to the next level when you are ready . . ." We all seem to think its carved in stone to split it up in to 10 day sections per level, when we dont really have to. Though it would seem logical. Ms Michaels could have been clearer about that part.
  • Asec
    Asec Posts: 5
    Options
    why doesnt anyone reply to my previous message...
    youre all just posting your ''succes'' stories but no one will take the time to reply....

anyone? pls?
  • RubyDarling
    RubyDarling Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    why doesnt anyone reply to my previous message...
    youre all just posting your ''succes'' stories but no one will take the time to reply....

anyone? pls?

Sorry, but I don't feel qualified to give out medical advice, especially as I don't know anything about your injuries :)
  • runninggirl262
    runninggirl262 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

have been reading about the 30day shred. but im just not sure what it is...
    howlong is one workout?
    i have a back injurie and cts in my arms and im thinking if the 30day shred will be good for me, as it contains weights etc....

can someone specify a bit more how everything works?

Hi,

The Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred is a 28 minute circuit training workout using a combination of strength, cardio and ab work. Yes it uses light weights and there are jumping jacks. I have a herniated disc and sciatica and it can aggravate it if your are not mindfull and listen to your body. I would really suggest that you check with your dr first because I'm sure you know that back injuries are no fun. Other than than that I love the program. I just learned the hard way to not over do it and take a rest day every few days.
  • jellybean82
    jellybean82 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    L2D6 is done!

Still mainly doing the modified moves though, but at least I'm doing it!
  • Brandywine82
    Options
    I did the 30DS last year and lost 8lbs! It is so worth it...Jillian kicks butt:) Good Luck everyone
  • Saffyra
    Options
    Whew! Level 3 is GREAT! When I stretch all my muscles groan :D

L3D4 done! I'm gonna miss three days, too. I didnt think of doubling up... My shoulders are sore...

And is anyone else having soreness in that inner thigh muscle? Those jumping squats really work it!

So far 7lbs lost but I'm waiting to measure the inches until Friday. I have to end early because of vacation.

I never thought of moving on "when I was ready". I was gonna be a stickler for ten days each (until level 2-- and I tried... I got to day 9!) I was ready to end level 2 at day 4 because it was such a pain!!

P.S. If you start your own topic with your question or ask questions in the appropriate thread, they will be answered. And rudeness doesnt make anyone want to reply unless they are very sweet like dshalbert. Also... Google is your friend. Cheers!
  • duramater27
    duramater27 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Level 2, Day 9 complete. One more day of pluck-my-eyes-out Level 2, and then I'm on to the highly-touted Level 3. And given my propensity to gain weight nearly entirely in my butt and thighs, the idea of a good exercise for said areas sounds promising.

I'm WICKED impressed (as we say in New England) at everyone's stick-to-it-iveness!! Even to the point of doing 2-a-days. WAY TO GO, FOLKS!

(This post has been brought to you by Hyphens-Are-Us.)
  • TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    Options
    Hi all,

howlong is one workout?
    i have a back injurie and cts in my arms and im thinking if the 30day shred will be good for me, as it contains weights etc....

Hi there,
    As another poster mentioned can't really comment on what's appropriate for your back injury. There are a lot of movements that work your core (abs and back). each workout is 20 minutes, plus 5 minute warm up. So they are quick, but intense. You do 3 circuits in each session: strength, cardio, abs. There is a beginner/low impact option to follow and Jillian mentions this as an option if you have an injury. the disclaimer, as with any workout program is you should do it with your doctor's OK.

If you are curious about the exercises themselves and have Comcast (assuming you live in the US). You can view the first 2 levels on Exercise TV (under sports & fitness). You can also google it and find some clips online and Jillian's website that will tell you more.
  • MrsHallum07
    MrsHallum07 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I purchased mine at Walmart for under $10
  • MrsHallum07
    MrsHallum07 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just bought the dvd yesterday, this morning I did L1D1. It wasn't too bad, but I am going to commit myself to this workout, I was lookin to trade in my trainer @ the gym anyway. I think this will work for me, plus save me gas in the car from driving 8 miles to the gym.
  • Saffyra
    Options
    Its way better than the gym! Youll really enjoy it. And seeing the results is the best part!
  • Asec
    Asec Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi all,

howlong is one workout?

Hi there,
    As another poster mentioned can't really comment on what's appropriate for your back injury. There are a lot of movements that work your core (abs and back). each workout is 20 minutes, plus 5 minute warm up. So they are quick, but intense. You do 3 circuits in each session: strength, cardio, abs. There is a beginner/low impact option to follow and Jillian mentions this as an option if you have an injury. the disclaimer, as with any workout program is you should do it with your doctor's OK.

If you are curious about the exercises themselves and have Comcast (assuming you live in the US). You can view the first 2 levels on Exercise TV (under sports & fitness). You can also google it and find some clips online and Jillian's website that will tell you more.

Thanks, very helpfull.... I actually live in Amsterdam so the tv option wont work...ive tried googling it and also youtube found some clips.
    I guess I just wont know till i try it. :-)

And 30days for 30 minutes, do you really get a body ''changing'' result?.... Thats real hard to believe, I used to work out about 8 hours a week and didnt get the results I see on some before and after pictures here.
    If it really works I think I really really have to try it :-))
  • TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    Options
    I just did L3D3 and I'm so psyched to have 1 week to go. I'm noticing a lot more stamina and height in my jumps but still struggle with some of the advanced moves. Can't even bend my knees on the rock star jumps. How sad is that? but I think it's from muscle exhaustion. I was goofing off with my 3 year old the other night and we did the jumps and I managed much better than after Jillian's torture!