WEEK 1- Jillian Michaels Killer Buns & Thighs**CLOSED**

Options

Replies

• SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Ok I just finshed day two and it was still a killer. Today I added weight to the workout and stayed with the advance level through out the dvd. I think this might have been a mistake cause I hurt even more now. I will do a extra/longer stretch like Gemini_1980 advised since I have several yoga tapes.

Committ...Yeah i am going to add stretching myself.
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: BUMP

SexyCook that's awesome you burned 671 calories. Does anyone else have any idea how many they are burning? I was estimating about 400 or so, but that's not based on anything scientific. I'd love to know what other people think!

I burned 450 calories the first day and around 380-400 every day since.
  • uniquemoves
    uniquemoves Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    BUMP :)
  • SexyCook
    Options
    :flowerforyou: BUMP

SexyCook that's awesome you burned 671 calories. Does anyone else have any idea how many they are burning? I was estimating about 400 or so, but that's not based on anything scientific. I'd love to know what other people think!

I burned 450 calories the first day and around 380-400 every day since.

Well darn it!! I guess i was in the pass out zone..I am sure it will lower the more I get use to it!!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    i burned 240 cals doing it... (but my burns are always lower than everyone elses, LOL)!!
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    i did level 2 yesterday and feel just a bit sore. That dvd is alot of plyometrics thats for sure! I havent added weights but i might try it.
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I am lucky to burn 200 calories!!:sad: Will add more stretching in tomorrow. Thanks for the tip! And yes that chair pose is a killer!! I am also shaking so badly.
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Did Level 1 this morning. Those one legged chairs are HARD. Ouch! I'm jumping in there doing the advanced versions with the weights. Thanks for tip on the stretching!

I didnt have one leg chairs on my Level 1...am I missing something!

When they go into chair pose and then lift one leg. Ouch, that made the leg you're standing on burn!
  • SexyCook
    Options
    Did Level 1 this morning. Those one legged chairs are HARD. Ouch! I'm jumping in there doing the advanced versions with the weights. Thanks for tip on the stretching!

I didnt have one leg chairs on my Level 1...am I missing something!

When they go into chair pose and then lift one leg. Ouch, that made the leg you're standing on burn!

OH YES....and that Plank and Jump up SQUAT...BEASTLY!!
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    For some reason those plank into the squats were fairly easy for me. I guess because I've been doing planks and squats forever. It was also really hard keeping my balance on the front kick back kick without putting that leg down. I had to really focus on a spot on the wall for that one.
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I am getting so excited hearing everyone feedback, mine should be arriving tomorrow. I will be stalking the mailman again. Keep up the great work Ladies!!!

My Specs:
    Right thigh- 24.5 inches
    Left thigh- 24.5 inches
    Hips- 41 inches
    Waist: 37.5
  • SexyCook
    Options
    For some reason those plank into the squats were fairly easy for me. I guess because I've been doing planks and squats forever. It was also really hard keeping my balance on the front kick back kick without putting that leg down. I had to really focus on a spot on the wall for that one.

I hated the Planks on 6w/6p and never got strong in them...but i didnt like them then and especially dont like them now..BUT I LOVE THE BURNED! DAY 2 here we go...
  • ginny5775
    ginny5775 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You ladies are making me super excited to do this in a bit. My measurements are H-41, LT-23, RT-23. I'm in another group doing 30DS so I'll probably be dead tomorrow!! Lol
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    hi guys!!!! looks like everyone's doing so well!!! YAY!!!

my least favorite moves so far:

-side plank (& lifting the bottom leg) :grumble:
    -chair pose on one leg :cry:

that lady is CRAZY!!!! & i LOVE it!!!

measured my waist (for you steph!!!!!!) 28.5 inches
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    OMG that side plank leg lift pose?:mad: I do the beginner version and I am always shaking like a leaf while the lady on TV is doing it like a model LMAO uh oh that is going to take a minute to master that one:devil: those plank hamstrings get me everytime:frown: but when Jillian tells me I will be able to wear my heels and look bangin' in my skinny jeans then I know I will be back at it again:bigsmile:
  • dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Awesome job everybody!! So proud of you:love: I hurt my back this weekend, so holding off one more day before doing it again, but I did it for the first time last Sat. Loved it!! But definitely tough. Did yoga tonight, so hoping that that helps my back.

Oh, and I think someone asked about cals burned? I did 336 on Sat. dlj
  • MissDwood
    MissDwood Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    burned 477 the first day!
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    For those who don't have a HRM, how are you entering it into your exercise diary? Circuit training I guess?
  • SexyCook
    Options
    For those who don't have a HRM, how are you entering it into your exercise diary? Circuit training I guess?

Well I know most pals have a HRM but I would measurement it up with my other long workouts...if you think its more intense give yourself extra cals burned...Either way it goes...your eating is on point..You will still lose..Thats what i use to do when i didnt have one..Hope this helps..
  • SexyCook
    Options
    Completed Day 2 of Jillian and MAN....I thought i wasnt as sore but when i got down to do those same moves..THOSE areas were burning...My Cal burn wasnt as high so i assuming that i am adjusting accordingly....

Checking in with a 39 minutes 599 cal burn per HRM....YEAH!! Tomorrow is rest day...THANK GOODNESS..