WEEK 1- Jillian Michaels Killer Buns & Thighs**CLOSED**

Options

Replies

• QBee73
    Options
    Completed day one and burned almost 400 calories. Definitely am glad I decided to do this!!
    Still am trying to figure out how to add this thread to my feed though.
  • plc765
    plc765 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    For those who don't have a HRM, how are you entering it into your exercise diary? Circuit training I guess?

I have a cheapo HRM, so I normally don't use it all the time. I am logging this as 40 min of circuit training, and for me it gives me 315 burned. Not sure how accurate this is, but I normally go by what MFP gives me and it seems to be working out so far.

Good luck to everyone, and oh yes, that chair pose on one leg is killer!!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    hey qbee, because you've responded to this post... it will now show up on your profile under "recent forum posts"... so you can easily access it!!!

great job everyone!!!! we are certainly gonna have some killer buns & thighs soon :happy:
  • xhaller
    Options
    I agree that side plank positioning is just odd. It's not even my legs that hurt as much as my shoulder. I can't seem to stretch into that pose the right way!

Did my second day today!

And when I was thinking of how much it sucked, I remembered everyone else out there who is powering through. Thanks for the motivation!
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Did Day 3 today after taking a rest day yesterday. It must have helped because I didnt hurt one bit today and it felt good. I did make sure that when doing the warm up I really stretched it out good!,Those side planks are hard for me because I have weak wrists and have a hard time supporting my body weight. Especially on my left side:sad: And I really have to concrentrate to be able to do the front and back kicks while balancing on one leg so I dont fall over! But I am loving this workout!!:happy: However my calorie burn is so low, only 199 today for 41 minutes. :cry: Everyone have a great Thursday!
  • Luella70
    Luella70 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Am soo soo IN!!!

SW: 164

HIPS: 43"

LEFT THIGH: 25"

RIGHT THIGH: 25.5"
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Did Day 3 today after taking a rest day yesterday. It must have helped because I didnt hurt one bit today and it felt good. I did make sure that when doing the warm up I really stretched it out good!,Those side planks are hard for me because I have weak wrists and have a hard time supporting my body weight. Especially on my left side:sad: And I really have to concrentrate to be able to do the front and back kicks while balancing on one leg so I dont fall over! But I am loving this workout!!:happy: However my calorie burn is so low, only 199 today for 41 minutes. :cry: Everyone have a great Thursday!

Girl I know it hurts to see such a low calorie count but, just think of how nice your toned thighs and buns are going to look after this 6weeks!!! Keep on Pushing!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options

I think the more you are in shape the lower your burn is...I am assuming so that leaves me OUT OF SHAPE:sad: BUT I am not giving up because after this butt kicking I will be so IN SHAPE!! and plus you all have my back... BUT today I THOUGHT i wasnt sore..UNTIL i got down to do those same moves:noway: my cal was lower so I was a little excited i must admit..BUT those planks i know will never get easy along with those butt kicks over the shoulder umm NO! LOL...
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies :)

weight 170.8
    hips 41"
    thighs 25" (both)

I just joined! I got my dvd yesterday and also did my first day yesterday. My hrm read 473 calories for my first go but will admit I didn't give it my all, cause I had to watch the move first then jump in. Hated side plank with leg raise but loved plank squat :D but my favs are planks anyway. Glad to join in and get some support and motivation :D
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Whoa! Just did level 2 and OUCH! I know my hamstrings are going to be sore tomorrow. I had a couple of interruptions this mornig due to kids and a phone call but they were welcomed because I needed to stop for a breather and water. Some of the moves were really easy for me yet others really had me dying.
  • SexyCook
    Options
    Whoa! Just did level 2 and OUCH! I know my hamstrings are going to be sore tomorrow. I had a couple of interruptions this mornig due to kids and a phone call but they were welcomed because I needed to stop for a breather and water. Some of the moves were really easy for me yet others really had me dying.

Well good going Sweet...Thats amazing you are on Level 2..You go girl!
  • Frenshan
    Options
    Wow!!! Completed day 1 of this dvd!!! Wow is all I can say!!
  • rv40
    rv40 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone that has started your DVD! You are getting closer to having killer buns and thighs. I get mine on tomorrow and I am joining the party! I noticed that I do have the largest hips on here and I was like okayyyyy!! But u know what.... Genetics is not getting the best of me. I am gonna knock it down with my soon to be killer buns and thighs!!!
  • SexyCook
    Options
    Congrats to everyone that has started your DVD! You are getting closer to having killer buns and thighs. I get mine on tomorrow and I am joining the party! I noticed that I do have the largest hips on here and I was like okayyyyy!! But u know what.... Genetics is not getting the best of me. I am gonna knock it down with my soon to be killer buns and thighs!!!

Hey girlie...We do have one more curvelicious dime piece..No worries you may have the hips but honey that waistline is so the truth..LOVE your shape...I can just picture it honey!! We are so going to rock this!!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, sorry I'm late, thanks to sexycook for the memo. My DVD didn't come yesterday and my mailman delivers late, so I guess I will be behind. The worse part is I saw it the other day at target!

My measurements (gained an inch everywhere recently due to a failed pregnancy :frown: ):
    Waist - 26. Hips - 36. saddlebag Area- 37. thighs 22.5, left a few mm bigger

Today I did Week 4 of Ripped in 30 followed by Butt Bible (a tough workout I ordered before I heard about Jillians). My parents are in town so I will probably have to start tomorrow if I get the DVD tonight.

What kind of diet are people doing? I am set at 1250+exercise cals, I find lower carbs helps my lower body
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    So I did Level 1 this morning and I did all the advanced moves plus weights. I am so happy I was able to make it though!!! I challenged myself to get a higher calorie burn.
    Those who are getting a low burn, do you have light weight or heavier more challenging weights? I think until Level 2, that piece will make a big diference in the burns.

Yes I agree with everyone on the least like moves......Man those one legged chair poses are a bear and the plank to squats are a BEAST!!
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    So I did Level 1 this morning and I did all the advanced moves plus weights. I am so happy I was able to make it though!!! I challenged myself to get a higher calorie burn.
    Those who are getting a low burn, do you have light weight or heavier more challenging weights? I think until Level 2, that piece will make a big diference in the burns.

Yes I agree with everyone on the least like moves......Man those one legged chair poses are a bear and the plank to squats are a BEAST!!

I am using 5 lbs weights. I am about 10 lbs away from my goal, so my calorie burn has gotten lower as I have lost weight. I may have a lower weight but I dont know about being in better shape! Lol. I still have a lot of toning to do. I just have to work harder and maybe longer for better burns! I am on 1330 + exercise calories. One of the reason I want bigger burns, I want to eat more!! I am definately sticking with this, I need toned legs, mine are muscular.
  • SexyCook
    Options

HONEY tell me about it....Thank goodness tomorrow is the rest day for me...So running and gym it possibly is!! GOOD JOB EVERYONE!
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    Options
    Today I did level one advance moves with weights again which makes it's my third day. This dvd is kicking my butt. I so LUV the program beacuse I am getting a killer burn and I know I am getting a effective workout due to the soreness. I did Brizal Butt Lift and paid over $70.00 for the dvd and I didn't an effective workout like it get from Jillian killer buns and thigs which was only $8.00. SMH at myself.

Yes I also agree with everyone on the least like moves......Man those one legged chair poses are a bear and the plank to squats are a BEAST!!

I also agree with those who are getting a low burn, do you have light weight or heavier more challenging weights? I think until Level 2, that piece will make a big diference in the burns

Today I burn 762 but I pushed myself hard.
  • SexyCook
    Options
    Today I did level one advance moves with weights again which makes it's my third day. This dvd is kicking my butt. I so LUV the program beacuse I am getting a killer burn and I know I am getting a effective workout due to the soreness. I did Brizal Butt Lift and paid over $70.00 for the dvd and I didn't an effective workout like it get from Jillian killer buns and thigs which was only $8.00. SMH at myself.

Yes I also agree with everyone on the least like moves......Man those one legged chair poses are a bear and the plank to squats are a BEAST!!

I also agree with those who are getting a low burn, do you have light weight or heavier more challenging weights? I think until Level 2, that piece will make a big diference in the burns

Today I burn 762 but I pushed myself hard.

YOU guys are doing awesome..We are so dedicated wit this and driven..The results are going to follow..