WEEK 1- Jillian Michaels Killer Buns & Thighs**CLOSED**

Options

Replies

• OneBKDiva
    OneBKDiva Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have completed JM B&T's Wk 2 Day 1!! I added some weight today which I am very proud of, but I struggle with that inner thigh plank exercise. So I try to do a couple and when I can't do anymore I convert it to the back in the day inner thigh exercise when you do the same thing sitting. My goal is to complete that in it's entirety. But instead of stopping, I switched it up to get some burn:-) Also I will alternate B&T and 6wk6abs. Doing the both of them together is wayyyy too much for me. I just started level 2 with 6wk 6 pk since I was on hiatus since vacay. Keep pushing everyone, we got this!!
  • OneBKDiva
    Options
    Correction I am on wk 1 day 3 since the week run wednesday to wednesday :-)
  • OneBKDiva
    Options
    I realized I have to alternate the two as well. They both are extreme workouts I want to give 100% and if I do them together I will slack somewhere.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I hope it's ok that I'm going through the levels earlier. I just like to keep my workouts mixed up. Did level 3 this morning and it is a MONSTER!! I'm going to be going through all three levels and maybe throwing in one of her other workouts in here and there. This is an excellent workout!

No problem...Do it the way you like...I just wanted to confirm the way the challenge is going... You are rocking it the way doing..APPLAUDS go to you honey! We got this..
  • SexyCook
    Options
    I have completed JM B&T's Wk 2 Day 1!! I added some weight today which I am very proud of, but I struggle with that inner thigh plank exercise. So I try to do a couple and when I can't do anymore I convert it to the back in the day inner thigh exercise when you do the same thing sitting. My goal is to complete that in it's entirety. But instead of stopping, I switched it up to get some burn:-) Also I will alternate B&T and 6wk6abs. Doing the both of them together is wayyyy too much for me. I just started level 2 with 6wk 6 pk since I was on hiatus since vacay. Keep pushing everyone, we got this!!

Honey you are doing GREAT!! I am only going to add 6w/6p 3 days for a ab workout...
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    Options
    I hope it's ok that I'm going through the levels earlier. I just like to keep my workouts mixed up. Did level 3 this morning and it is a MONSTER!! I'm going to be going through all three levels and maybe throwing in one of her other workouts in here and there. This is an excellent workout!

I know what to expect on level three. I will be doing level one again this week and then moving on to level two. I will be trying to do five days instead of four.
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options

I know what to expect on level three. I will be doing level one again this week and then moving on to level two. I will be trying to do five days instead of four.

I am with you on the 5 days for the week. I am going to do the same because I really like the burn I get with this one. Level 1 again this week as well and then we will be on to level 2 yay:happy:
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options

Sounds like fantastic plan:bigsmile: Rock it out!!
  • SexyCook
    Options
    GET GIRLS!!! I can feel the excitement...BIG Results!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Did day 3 with weights right after Insanity just to hate on myself, then went walking :laugh: body was not too happy but hopefully it will shape up!

Thanks for the reminder, sexy cook, I was thinking about doing the workout twice today just to get in 4 before level 2. Instead I will do it everyday until Thursday to get in 6 before level 2.

Remember what Jillian said, if your burn goes down or you are finding the moves too easy, add ankle and/or hand weights. I challenge those that havent tried ankle weights yet to do it at least once before level 2! :happy:
  • OneBKDiva
    Options
    Yes girl!!! I will love that forever lol!!
  • OneBKDiva
    Options
    I have some ankle weights I am going to add when I start week two. I should be ready by then!!
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options

I am also trying to add in 6w6p, so I am going to try to do one in the morning before work and the other one after work in the evenings. I was able to that once this week. I have to get better at doing it in the evening. Have you done 30 day shred or Ripped in 30 yet? I found both great and really helped me when I first joined and started losing weight. I will probably do one more week of level1 then move on to level 2, unless next week I find level 1 just not challenging then I will move on mid week.

I have done 30ds with less than spectacular results maybe 1-2 inches and 1-2 lbs. I have done Ripped 2x as well with no real results either. I want to do 6w6p especially cause a lot of ladies are doing it as well but part of me thinks I should stick to some other cardio, like getting back into running. I haven't decided yet I have til tomorrow but then again i will be busy tomorrow so I maybe only able to get in KBT and not much else. Everyone is killing this workout :D
  • SexyCook
    Options
    Did day 3 with weights right after Insanity just to hate on myself, then went walking :laugh: body was not too happy but hopefully it will shape up!

Thanks for the reminder, sexy cook, I was thinking about doing the workout twice today just to get in 4 before level 2. Instead I will do it everyday until Thursday to get in 6 before level 2.

Remember what Jillian said, if your burn goes down or you are finding the moves too easy, add ankle and/or hand weights. I challenge those that havent tried ankle weights yet to do it at least once before level 2! :happy:

I am taking on the challenge from you to use ankle weights starting tomorrow...I am a little nervous...TEEHEEE..but thanks for making me push harder...
  • dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Awesome job everyone!! I did the Cardio section for the Brazilian Butt Lift today. That is a bit like Zumba, I think, although I've never done Zumba. Definitely will feel it in my bum bum tomorrow: ) Hope to do KB& T on Tues!
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    Options

I am taking on the challenge from you to use ankle weights starting tomorrow...I am a little nervous...TEEHEEE..but thanks for making me push harder...

jillian michael also has calves weights. This is what is use and luv how they wrap around my calves. I am on the ankle/calves weight chalenge. This will get you prepared for level two.
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    Options
    Awesome job everyone!! I did the Cardio section for the Brazilian Butt Lift today. That is a bit like Zumba, I think, although I've never done Zumba. Definitely will feel it in my bum bum tomorrow: ) Hope to do KB& T on Tues!

I did brizal butt lift and luv the program. I did a hybrid (brizal butt lift and chalene extreme). I had good results but I think jillian is going to take me to the next level.
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    Options

I agree with you 100%. I get a better burn adding the hand and ankle weights. Adding the weights will prepare you for level two and three. I accept this chalenge.
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    Options
    ATTENTION:

Just confirm what was brought to my attention...We OFFICIALLY started on Last Wednesday to confirm that everyone would have their DVD...which means he weeks will run Wednesday- Wednesday....So please note that..I know some had a head start on this but I just wanted to make sure we were all the same mindset....Now feel free those that started early if you feel like you been on level 1 when your 2 weeks is up go ahead and go to the next level..I will be Posting Week 2 this wednesday and we will updated and chat with one another there..Remember at the end of Level 1 we will be doing measurements AGAIN...Let me know if you have any questions..

NOW.....I did my 3rd workout on Jillian and my burn has come down alot..YEAH...and I am loving this DVD...now the chair stands, side plank, and sumo squats lifts are not getting easier but I am still excited for what it will bring.. Glad to have you ladies support and constant suggestions with what we can do..WE GOT THIS...Hope you all have a great day!

Is it ok I do my week monday - friday due to work schedule and I am going to try to do five days a week instead of four days.
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    Options
    Ladies we are getting killer burns and making killer progress. I am proud off each and everyone of us. Keep up the incredible killer progress ladies. :happy: Let's kill it again this week.