Men... taking a poll...

Options
adjones5
adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
My psyc class got into this argument for 2 hours today... if a woman slaps you is it okay to hit her back?

Replies

• d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    That is a situational thing. If it's some lady jumping me on the street or just all out attacking me and I don't know why or who it is then yes I would defend myself. Probably before I ever realized it was a lady.

If it's someone I know and a slap for something I said or did or anything like that, then no. Basically if I'm not trying to be mugged or jumped then the answer is no.
  • terabyte1
    Options
    Not at all. I would just walk away
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    No.
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't think it's ever okay to hit someone back (regardless of gender) unless you thought you were in real physical danger.
  • RollinDawg
    RollinDawg Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Never hit a woman...ever.
  • mase1432
    Options
    no, definitely not. Men shouldn't hit a woman, unless she threatening a dudes life lol
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    My psyc class got into this argument for 2 hours today... if a woman slaps you is it okay to hit her back?

I wouldn't do it regardless, but depending on the situation and if she initiated then it may be "okay". Probably not okay if she is only slapping, but if it escalated further maybe.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I've been slapped and haven't retaliated. But it sure isn't easy!

Ladies, don't make things physical. Just don't. If we do it it's considered abuse or assault. So don't think to yourself "I can get away with it" and smack men around willy nilly.

Hitting someone is to be done in self-defense only. Not because you didn't like what someone said.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    That is a situational thing. If it's some lady jumping me on the street or just all out attacking me and I don't know why or who it is then yes I would defend myself. Probably before I ever realized it was a lady.

If it's someone I know and a slap for something I said or did or anything like that, then no. Basically if I'm not trying to be mugged or jumped then the answer is no.

I seen a video where 3 women tried mugging a man outside a bank after he withdrew lots of cash from an ATM. After being hit and scratched as spectators just stood by, he finally falcon punched one of them and knocked her out, the other 2 ran off.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Any man who answers "Yes" to this is a coward.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I agree with Juliesummers
  • RollinDawg
    RollinDawg Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't think it's every okay to hit someone back (regardless of gender) unless you thought you were in real physical danger.

I'd never hit a woman, but if a man throws a punch I WILL do the same. I was raised to never start a fight, but to damn sure finish one if I need to.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    It is never OK to hit someone, regardless of gender. I hate when women do this, knowing most men would never hit a girl. We're not talking self defense here.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Yes...Moral of story...Keep your damn hands to yourself.
  • 1CALIJIBARO2
    Options
    HELL NO ! ! ! I don't care who did what first....No F@%# Way does a man strike a Woman..........
  • azQmaster
    azQmaster Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    no, but Ill push her real hard!
  • GymRatRaceRunner
    GymRatRaceRunner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    No, I'd just walk away. It's not cool to hit a woman for any reason. If you get slapped, you probably deserved it anyway.
  • BIG_Lew
    BIG_Lew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Hell no!!!! Never hit a woman under any circumstance
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Depends on where we're slapping each other...

Oh, wait...no, of course it's not!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Any man who answers "Yes" to this is a coward.

Some women are bigger and stronger than men, so in that case wouldn't the coward be the woman for picking on the man?