Men... taking a poll...

Options

Replies

• Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Any man who answers "Yes" to this is a coward.

I may be a coward but I bet you ever hit another man again
  • Random_Name
    Options
    I have your pole for you right here...

Dammit.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Equal rights argument anyone??
    I was taught and have taught my sons to NEVER hit a woman, no matter how much she may deserve it.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Why did the woman feel the need to use physical violence?
    I think the real question here is: Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?
    Would she do it if she knew there would be a price to pay?
    Would the situation be different if it were two women?
    I think this is a great Psychology/Sociology debate.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Yes...Moral of story...Keep your damn hands to yourself.
    Thts bad for u to say.......would u want sum one slapping ur mother despite wht she may have done? No!!! Or would u want sum one slapping ur daughter. Ur crazy

Then may God have mercy on that person's soul, cause I sure as hell won't. But, this is not about my mother or my daughter. This is about if a woman hit a man. I never saw my mother raise her hand in anger at a man or raise her hands period. I will teach my daughter to respect herself and to be a lady who will call her daddy if any man put their hand on her. I teach my sons not to hit others and to respect people, regardless of gender. Crazy...You ain't seen crazy unless you raise your hands at me...man or woman. I guess when a police office tackles a woman who is being beligerant, he is being crazy also, or is he justified.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    The question would be a lot easier to answer had it used the term lady.

Then it would be an easy answer - No. You don't hit a lady.

But alas, you did not use that term. As a result, it is not so cut and dry.
    This question is moot, as a "lady" would have never slapped him in the first place.
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Wait, can this be multiple women in yoga pants?

I'll fight them all at once!!!!!!
  • STARSHINE1975
    Options
    i would answer no almost always.

But I have witnessed an incident where a female co-worker always cried abuse from her boyfriend. One night I was out with them and after a few drinks, she became verbally abusive to him and then took it to the physical level by jumping on his back and punching his face. He tried his best to remove her and finally he fell backwards (he wasn't a big guy), which caused her to hit her head on a table. She immediately started to scream that he was beating her when he never laid a hand on her other than to stop her hands from punching him.

In that instance, I lost all respect for that girl. It took everything out of me to not say something when everyone at work asked what happen to her head and she claimed victim.

Some women are mean and use the fact that most men won't hit a woman back. I agree with a previous poster that everyone should keep their hands to themselves regardless of gender.
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    For a slap, no. If she's bearing down on me with a 9" Santoku, all bets are off.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Its not right, but men have testosterone, which can make then quick to anger and it can be a knee jerk reaction. So sometimes they dont' even realize what has happened until after they did it, just going on their natural reflexes. If you hit a man, you should expect to get hit like a man......thats all im saying.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    My psyc class got into this argument for 2 hours today... if a woman slaps you is it okay to hit her back?

No! Walk away and take it like a man. Now, if a woman comes at me with a weapon now we've got a different topic.
  • NinjaMonkey201
    Options
    A few years ago I had a couple of roommates. They were together for probably 5 years (and are still together and sadly, married). The entire time I lived with them, SHE beat the living crap out of HIM all the time. They had the kind of relationship where they only loved each other when they hated each other. I was present for one of their "fights" when she hit him in the head with a rock. He used her "abuse" as an excuse to sleep with any no-name in a bar, and she used his "cheating" as an excuse to beat the hell out of him.

All this time, not once, did he EVER lay a hand on her. Even when she hit him with he rock, he NEVER touched her. He'd leave for days and shack up with anyone he could find, but never touched her.

But that's exactly how she grew up. If something happened in the house, her dad beat the hell out of her mom. And in turn, her mom beat the hell out of her. Generation afer generation of abuse.

On the other hand... he was no angel, either. He got drunk one night and started a fight with me, and pushed me. That was the very night I moved out, and the last time I spoke to either of them.
  • Random_Name
    Options
    My honest answer is that it depends on how much you paid her for it and you both had safe words.
  • toddgaines
    Options
    If a woman slaps me there is a good chance I deserved it (although I can honestly say it has never happened), but I would accept the slap as punishment for whatever came out of my mouth that shouldn't have, even if it was a punch I would never hit back. However, if a woman came at me with a knife or gun or something I am sure instinct would take over and I would do what needed to be done to protect myself. That being said I am also extremely well trained in non-violent methods of detaining someone and ensuring they can't inflict any damage on me while at the same time not doing any real damage to them either. I've been trained to the degree that these moves are always my first reaction in a violent situation, so I really could never see myself throwing a punch in any circumstances outside of a boxing ring.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I don't really think people should be hitting anyone back unless it's to defend themselves. However, in a situation where the woman is consistently hitting the man, I wouldn't overly criticise him if he did hit back. It doesn't make it right, especially as it's not exactly fair game and he's probably bigger/stronger than her and could do more damage, but then what would give her the right to do the same to him.
    There are women that just think it's ok to hit a man for so many things. Even if he's done wrong there's no excuse for violence (apart from self defence)
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I have slapped twice (two different people) and guess what...I will never slap again. I learned my lesson after I ended up in the emergency room getting my face glued back together.
  • Dylanzmom
    Options
    Its not right, but men have testosterone, which can make then quick to anger and it can be a knee jerk reaction. So sometimes they dont' even realize what has happened until after they did it, just going on their natural reflexes. If you hit a man, you should expect to get hit like a man......thats all im saying.

^^^ thank you, finally someone said it!!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I would never hit a woman. Men who do are utter scum.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    My honest answer is that it depends on how much you paid her for it and you both had safe words.

Yeah you're getting a friend request. Awesome.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    My psyc class got into this argument for 2 hours today... if a woman slaps you is it okay to hit her back?
    Depends on where she slaps me:wink: If it was my butt, I'd pull out the cattails.