Men... taking a poll...

Options

Replies

• mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    My first wife tried to kick me between the legs once during an argument. I reflexively brought my knee up and she broke her toe on my shin. Caught hell for that.

But, NO. I would never strike a woman. Period. She would have to be a threat to someone before I would put my hands on her. And then, only enough to stop her.

I love all these absolutes that someone would NEVER strike a woman... then the assumption that you'd just use nice restraining moves to stop her from doing damage. The assumption that you could handle any woman in the world without ever hurting them in silly. I am a big guy with some martial arts training, and I know for a fact that there are women out there who could kick my *kitten*. If they chose to do it I couldn't simply grab their hands and hold them in place, I'd either have to let them do whatever they wanted (potentially hurting my family) or attempt to stop them by whatever means I had.

It's not nearly as simple as you seem to want to make it.

But I agree, "I would never hit a woman" sounds a lot nicer.

I think a lot of people are only thinking in the context of their relationship. They're not thinking about a stranger who has questionable intentions. That's why I said if it were a stranger hitting me then they would be hit back. Women are less likely to commit a violent crime so as men we don't have as much to worry about. But let's say 2 women tried to gang up on your wife and were hitting her. There are 2 so you can't restrain both of them. When you intervene they turn on you. Do you let them beat the hell out of you and your wife or do you take them out? I wouldn't think twice about it.
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Depends upon the situation.

My first response is "No" I would not.

However, much depends upon whether or not the slap was an attack or a reaction to some situation where at least some of the blame was mine. ie I made a joke/remark that offended.

As for an attack. If I could remove myself from the situation with out escalating the violence, I would.

In the end though, if myself, or any of my family or friends are being threatened and the only apparent choice at the time is to defend by violence. I would regardless of the sex of the person(s) involved.

This is exactly correct. Every word.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Police now arrest men and women for any type of physical alteration what so ever on domestic violence calls..........who ever struck first, goes to jail

also, I ve seen a few of those COP shows that have women going off on a cop........they slap and grab cops and expect nothing in return......yeah, right.

off to jail, you dont pass GO or collect........

I did work with a nice guy whose wife used to beat him , slap him, totally humilate him as much as she could. He left her after he was so embarrased lying to us at work, that those black eyes he had came from playing foot ball with the kids.........Sad, she was a nut case and Im glad he left her...........
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I am from the school of thought that if you are bad enough to pass a lick you are bad enough to receive one. Women, keep your hands to your damn self! I don't condone a man hitting a woman but, I be damn if I want my brother or any male relative to allow a woman to beat them just because it is a woman. Act like a woman! I will punch that heffa for you!
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I am from the school of thought that if you are bad enough to pass a lick you are bad enough to receive one. Women, keep your hands to your damn self! I don't condone a man hitting a woman but, I be damn if I want my brother or any male relative to allow a woman to beat them just because it is a woman. Act like a woman! I will punch that heffa for you!

I'm going to call you if a woman ever hits me. Sounds like you can take care of the situation for me. :)
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    Options
    I would never hit a woman, just the way I was raised. Legal aspect of it is, if I were to hit her and she calls the cops I am going to jail if she has any redness or swelling, of course if I have redness or swelling she would also go (KY has some of the strictest domestic violence laws).
    When I was a police Officer my ex threw a fit becasue she had just had lasic surgery and wanted mcdonalds, so i took her thru the drive thru and when we got home I laid her food out for her. Apparently the fries were cold so she threw a glass vase at me, so i started cleaning up the mess and she came over and started telling me how fing stupid I was that I should have checked the bag before we left and kicked me in the ribs. I came up off the floor with bad intentions, grabbed my keys and left, called her mom to come stay with her and drove around. Why you ask...I again would never hit a woman, also if I did I would have been arrested for Domestic Violence , and lost my job.....

respect. im sure that took alot of restraint

i'd like to say i would act the same way, but you can never say for sure until you're in that situation...

true character comes out in the eyes of adversity
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Yes...Moral of story...Keep your damn hands to yourself.
    Thts bad for u to say.......would u want sum one slapping ur mother despite wht she may have done? No!!! Or would u want sum one slapping ur daughter. Ur crazy

Then may God have mercy on that person's soul, cause I sure as hell won't. But, this is not about my mother or my daughter. This is about if a woman hit a man. I never saw my mother raise her hand in anger at a man or raise her hands period. I will teach my daughter to respect herself and to be a lady who will call her daddy if any man put their hand on her. I teach my sons not to hit others and to respect people, regardless of gender. Crazy...You ain't seen crazy unless you raise your hands at me...man or woman. I guess when a police office tackles a woman who is being beligerant, he is being crazy also, or is he ju
    stified.
    Double standard or not.....men shouldn't hit women.

Your opinion, like he said I've never seen mymother or my sister hit a man. So I wouldnt have to wonder if it was them, but I have have been swung on by a girl, I didnt hit her back but I choked the *kitten* outta her. It depends on the man, some dont care and they will hit a woman without question. And it depends on the situation, especially if she pulls a gun or knife on me, im going to knock her azz out.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I would never hit a woman, just the way I was raised. Legal aspect of it is, if I were to hit her and she calls the cops I am going to jail if she has any redness or swelling, of course if I have redness or swelling she would also go (KY has some of the strictest domestic violence laws).
    When I was a police Officer my ex threw a fit becasue she had just had lasic surgery and wanted mcdonalds, so i took her thru the drive thru and when we got home I laid her food out for her. Apparently the fries were cold so she threw a glass vase at me, so i started cleaning up the mess and she came over and started telling me how fing stupid I was that I should have checked the bag before we left and kicked me in the ribs. I came up off the floor with bad intentions, grabbed my keys and left, called her mom to come stay with her and drove around. Why you ask...I again would never hit a woman, also if I did I would have been arrested for Domestic Violence , and lost my job.....

Massive RESPECT to you. I am in the same situation where I would lose my license if I am even arrested, so I have to show restraint and walk away from any situation that is hostile. That being said, I would not hesitate to defend myself if I felt me or my family's life was in danger.
    It is all about that self responsibility we keep hearing. You are held accountable for you actions. I think I love you, BTW.
  • spyork
    spyork Posts: 187
    Options
    NEVER!
  • FitnessElle
    Options
    Hands are for groping -- not for hitting. ;)
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    As a girl, if I throw punches ... I expect to have to block them too.

I don't get beat up, but I don't beat up the men in my life either.

I hate the double standard when it comes to violence. Humans have instincts and violence happens to be one of them. Primitive, yes, however it is in our DNA code.

I'm 5'10" and I could probably beat the crap out of half the guys in this thread... doesn't mean they should allow it, accept it and I should be a total b**ch because of it.

My husband is 6'3" and he's a trained fighter. We play fight and sometimes one of us gets pop'd in the mouth or ribs by accident - we're tough, we don't get upset or need to take a walk.

If I get mad at him, sometimes I'll punch him. He punches me back and we laugh about it. You can get as righteous as you want... but it works for us ;)
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    January 1st 2004, I was a backup officer on a DUI stop. Female driver, 145 lbs, completely wasted. The arresting Officer cuffed her , she started resisting so I grabbed her flailing arm and got the other cuff on. He put her in her back seat as her family who heard it on the scanner arrived and was being beilgerent. I am trying to calm them down when I hear banging from the back of his car. He neglected to seatbelt her in, so I walked over, opened the door ang got the seatbelt, ran it across her to buckle it up when she bit me on the shoulder. God I wanted to elbow her but just ended up slamming the door and told him to get her outta here. I checked my shoulder later on in the shift and she had drew blood, I had my uniform shirt, a long underwear shirt and tshirt on that night becasue it was cold. I had to go to the emergency room where they drew blood and put me on HIV meds until they got her blood drawn and tested her. The next day my daughter was born, happiest day of my life, but I couldnt kiss my wife because of the bite and the meds I was on.... A few months later still waiting for the results I had my court appearance on her. Her attorney asked me if we could work something out since it was her first DUI. I told him about the birth of my daughter the next day and that if his client could give me the opportunity to congratulate my wife with a kiss back then I would agree to a deal.....they never asked me again about a deal.
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    To clarify my earlier response.

The reason I see to strike back is there is immenent mortal danger. I can take a slap or more and walk away. I am not going to lay down and die for you.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Ladies, don't make things physical. Just don't. If we do it it's considered abuse or assault. So don't think to yourself "I can get away with it" and smack men around willy nilly.
    Hitting someone is to be done in self-defense only. Not because you didn't like what someone said.

Agreed.
    A slap is not life threatening so it deserves no retaliation. Doesnt matter who it came from, why or where. Just walk away. Or run if thats more appropriate.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Tough question to answer. I have never been struck by a woman so I'm not sure how I would feel about it and especially how I would react to it.

I think that if a woman did slap me, I wouldn't have to do much because my wife would curb stomp that b!tch in a heartbeat.

I also think that if you want to fight like a man, you have to be prepared to receive a beatdown like a man. Regardless of your own gender. Risky endeavor for sure.
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    A slap is not life threatening

Usually true, but you won't always know the person's medical history. You could kill them.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options

Bwahaha Love this post! True true.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Ladies, don't make things physical. Just don't. If we do it it's considered abuse or assault. So don't think to yourself "I can get away with it" and smack men around willy nilly.
    Hitting someone is to be done in self-defense only. Not because you didn't like what someone said.

Agreed.
    A slap is not life threatening so it deserves no retaliation. Doesnt matter who it came from, why or where. Just walk away. Or run if thats more appropriate.

If a man slaps me, we're going to have some pretty serious issues...and justified, striking or in any other way invading another person's physical being is legally considered assault, and I'm going to react. The same if he spits on me etc.

If a woman slaps me (which I kind of got off the topic of with my initial post), it'll be ignored. I've tried the restraint thing...it doesn't work out so well. Women who are restrained (imagine grabbing her wrists), struggle. This invariably leaves bruises, which will land you in jail...not to mention make you feel like dirt. Better to just stand there and be slapped. Oddly enough, this was the scenario the last time with my ex though. I wasn't leaving the house with her and my kids...not knowing if they'd be there when I got back...and the slaps weren't getting her the reaction she wanted I guess...so she then tried gouging my eyes out along with ripping out my throat lol.

As a man, there's no way to come out even in that situation, much less win. It's lose/lose...only.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    You should never hit a woman for any reason, always turn the other cheek.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    It is never OK to hit someone, regardless of gender. I hate when women do this, knowing most men would never hit a girl. We're not talking self defense here.

This.

There is no reason to actually hit/slap a person unless you are in actual danger. Let's just not hit one another, children.