Foodies Unite!

Options
43d0c408.jpg

Here we go! Started my morning with my Sunday Ritual.... Beignet's and coffee

Not as bad as you think! But this was one tradition I was not willing to give up!

Replies

• TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    Options
    the "img" should be lower case to show the photo. Looks yummy!!!

43d0c408.jpg
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Haha thanks I was searching how to fix it... What about size?
  • TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    Options
    hmmm, I'm not sure how to resize the photo. Maybe there's an option in photobucket.
    Are those beignets homemade?
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    Yep... I do this every Sunday morning before church!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    As far as I'm concerned were all here to make our lives better, not to punish ourselves.

Food is here to nourish and nuture us.
    What we choose is all about priorities and trade-offs.

Went I eat healthy I feel better and am happier... went I indulge I enjoy every bit of it.
    I'm trying had to eliminate the guilt/food link.
  • stace0308
    stace0308 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Beautiful way to start the day! Have to know the recipe if you have time to post????
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Lovely
  • jerridavis2
    Options
    Auntiebabs!!! Thank you for that so much!!! I have a huge food/guilt link. Even when I am under calories for the day, like yesterday! I printed your comments and taped them on my desk as a reminder of this truth! :)
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    29b0c454.jpg

Dinner tonight... Buffalo Chicken Thighs with Buttermilk-blue cheese Smashed Potatoes
    Cooking Light Magazine-September issue
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I think I will stay away from the beniegts (or however you spell that) but I think the chicken looks pretty good. I should have taken a pic of the blackened red snapper I had for supper with the brown basmati rice s/broccoli & tomato. My hubby won't eat the rice unless it has lots of "stuff" in it so in go the veggies!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    Start taking pictures!

The beignets are my "splurge" but I count the calories and so far so good... 35 pounds in 35 weeks... I'm sure once I stop I'll have to adjust but til then.... Bon A Peteit!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    Last image of the night I swear! But I had to share these... They are by WW and they are a Fruit and Honey Energy Bar. These have been a staple for me and my husband and are absolutely amazing! Not only are they delicious, but the healthy ingredients inside will surprise you! Try them! They are 324 calories with the chocolate and hold us over til lunchtime!

c5ec9880.jpg
  • vsharkey
    vsharkey Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was recently surprised to discover that beignets aren't as terrible as I thought! One beignet from Cafe du Monde is only 60 calories, though there's no real nutritional value in it to speak of. But as an occasional splurge, it's definitely not the worst choice I could make.

Those buffalo chicken thighs and potatoes look awesome! I'm going to have to make those sometime soon. Dinner tonight was a cauliflower-chickpea curry over rice--delicious, but I didn't take any pictures.

And could you post the recipe for those energy bars? They look so good!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    Will do it tomorrow morning! (while eating mine and drinking coffee!) lol
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    f1f62eaf.jpg

Braised Short Ribs with Egg Noodles

The Best of Cooking Light 12

488 calories
  • ReginaB13
    ReginaB13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    003.jpg

002.jpg
    Cajun lime tilapia over a bed of black bean corn salsa and mushrooms, onions, and diced tomatos :) Serve with lemon garlic baby spinach (made from fresh).
  • ReginaB13
    Options
    Last night's UNHEALTHY meal :)
    Shrimp scampi over fettucini pasta... for my hubby!
    035.jpg
    033.jpg
    034.jpg
  • ReginaB13
    Options
    ONE MORE!! The candy apple slices I contributed to the wine and cheese party!
    031.jpg

029.jpg
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    Ooohhhh those look sooooo good!