Foodies Unite!

Options

Replies

• ReginaB13
    ReginaB13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    ...Cream of cilantro soup??!! OMG. I'm addicted to cilantro..... I HAVE to make this.
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Wow those both look good! Never tried ceviche...
  • ReginaB13
    ReginaB13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You have to get the highest quality of fish (sushi grade) and not be afraid of technically uncooked fish. :)
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    8e83c491.jpg

Quick-Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce with Spaghetti

Cooking Light
  • Faythee
    Faythee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Love this thread ! Yummy
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Okay, I don't know how to download pictures but this am I made the multigrain pancakes from Cooking Light..''my recipes'' it was an October 2003 issue. OMG!!!!! So light fluffy and the texture was great. I had a pear sauce with it. Sigh....so nice on a cold rainy day.
    Now for you moms it would be better bc you make your own mix and keep on hand! You bdon't even have to buy pancake mix no more just use what you made. Fabulous! Pull it out and whip up anytime! Cooking can be FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Bab's Double Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins

How do these look???

BabsDoubleChocolatePumpkinMuffins.jpg
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Bab's Double Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins

How do these look???

They look great!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Okay, I don't know how to download pictures but this am I made the multigrain pancakes from Cooking Light..''my recipes'' it was an October 2003 issue. OMG!!!!! So light fluffy and the texture was great. I had a pear sauce with it. Sigh....so nice on a cold rainy day.
    Now for you moms it would be better bc you make your own mix and keep on hand! You bdon't even have to buy pancake mix no more just use what you made. Fabulous! Pull it out and whip up anytime! Cooking can be FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

That sounds sooooo good!! I've been looking for a recipe for pear sauce!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options

Here's babs muffins!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    8ac2cd8e.jpg

Very simple Tuscan dish.... Roasted Sausages and Grapes! Served with a glass of chianti.... Yum!
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    T2JrE.png

Tonight's dinner . . . a brontosalad (as my dad and I call them) with various baby greens, mini heirloom tomatoes, orange bell pepper, onion, and Trader Joe's feta with herbs. Just waiting to be dressed with delicious evoo.
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    b3525691.jpg

Nikki_too's Apple and Pear Crisp with Cranberries!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    dc1e1a2d.jpg

Back to some basics tonight with Cooking Lite's October issue Meatloaf... And steamed Broccoli!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    87a945f9.jpg

Chicken with Cacciatore Sauce
    Food Network Magazine March 2011 issue
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I haven't had cacciatore chicken since I was a little kid!! I remember it being awesome, though!!
  • sherry_augustine
    sherry_augustine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! Unfortunately I don't have time to cook like I used too...busy working 50-60 hrs a week then I have tons of school work in the evenings and on weekends. Will contribute when I get a chance!
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    [img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/PA030087.jpg[/img]

Chicken and Wild Rice Salad with Almonds (Cooking Light, www.myrecipes.com) . This was the best thing I have made in a long time. The fig vinegar makes it. I found fig balsamic vinegar at Whole Foods. It is a little pricey, but the dressing is so good that I will be making it regularly as my go-to salad dressing for regular salads, so I figure I will get my money's worth. It would be good without the chicken as a side dish as well and I think some sauteed mushrooms would be good in it too. We ate it warm but it is supposed to be served cold. I think this will be even better tomorrow. Can't wait!

[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/pics057.jpg[/img]

This was Cooking Light, Bourbon Pecan Tart with Chocolate Drizzle. It wasn't too exciting, just a pretty standard pecan pie. I probably wouldn't bother to make it again (mainly because it glued my tart pan together--not worth the clean up!), but if pecan pie is your favorite you would probably like it.
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    All of the new stuff looks great! I love goat cheese so those tarts might get made soon. And I've never been a big fan of red sauces, but the Cacciatore looks good. I love olives.

For the folks that are having trouble figuring out how to load pics to the forum, you need to save your photos to photobucket (www.photobucket.com) and it will generate a link that you copy and paste into the body of your reply. You DO have to edit the code a tiny bit once it is copied into your reply. Life will be much easier for you if you don't have a space in your album name (i.e. foodpics instead of food pics). Check out the following link, it is a great pictorial how-to on loading photos (and re-sizing if you need to) :

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/262875-need-help-adding-pictures-look-here-pic-heavy