Foodies Unite!

Options

Replies

• fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Nice! I have never tried a savory bread pudding but I'm tempted now!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    a0ddfef8.jpg

Bacon Ranch and Chicken Mac and Cheese

Cooking Light
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    ca51e4d3.jpg

Not too bad... But this is our cheat day so for rare occasions it's pretty good!
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    [img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/2011-10-16_18-21-27_618.jpg[/img]

Zesty Garlic Shrimp from the Weber Big Book of Grilling. It's better if you use panko instead of regular bread crumbs, but I just did the regular way tonight.
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    That looks good!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    40455cdd.jpg

It's called Lady and the Tramp Spaghetti and Meatballs... I thought it was cute!
  • pixlamarque
    Options
    That is cute. We were discussing spaghetti yesterday. The sweetie and I have different spaghetti philosophies. He is a meatball man and I am a meat sauce girl (usually with lots of extra veggies in the sauce), so we rarely have spaghetti. I'm sure as the boy gets bigger and eats more real food that it will be a more frequent meal around here.
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    af73dacd.jpg

Cheesy Chicken Bagel Pizza.... Cooking Light Sept 2011 issue
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    8ad1433d.jpg

Chipotle Rubbed Flank Steak Tacos with Tex Mex Couscous
    Cooking Light App
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I don't have a photo, but wanted to share what hubby did the other night.
    We marinate filets of chicken breast in various sauces, and defrost the night before for easy grilled meals. Earlier this week, rather than grilling, he simmered them in a 3 qt sauce pan to cook them. I had no faith, and thought they would be gross and rubbery, but they were awesome!
    We had them with mini baguettes and one of his incredible salads. He makes the dressing in the bottom of the bowl and mixes in the ingredients. The dressing is EVOO, fresh garlic, a squeezed tomato, and then the mushed tomato gets diced into miniscule pieces, onion, shredded carrot, feta, and what ever else we feel like tossing in (sometimes craisins, fruit, mushrooms, whatever is around) and the lettuce.....it is quick, easy, light, and delish!
    I will start putting some pics up, too.
    Everything on here looks great!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    10c23665.jpg

Pan-Fried Shrimp with Creole Mayo and Dirty Rice
    C.L. July 2011
  • ReginaB13
    ReginaB13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Those shrimp look INCREDIBLE!!!!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    195bd6ba.jpg

Slow Cooker Pork with Noodles....
    Food Network May 2011

Makes a lot! I always have lunch for a couple days with this one!
  • pixlamarque
    Options
    That dressing sounds good, Mrs. Jax. L*oves, the pork looks yummy. Not at all what I expected it to look like (my pork is never pretty).
  • pixlamarque
    Options
    [img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/2011-10-23_20-49-14_490.jpg[/img]

The is the Mahogany Turkey Breast (Cooking Light). I know it looks overcooked, but it was perfect. The color is from the glaze. It made a very nice, crisp skin and the vegetable gravy was very good (I used the onions to cook the turkey but left them out of the gravy as the sweetie doesn't like them).

[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/2011-10-23_20-55-55_961.jpg[/img]

Same turkey plated with my own recipe for Cornbread, Sage Sausage, Apple and Raisin dressing. There are lots of similar recipes out there, but this version that I just threw together was better than any of the recipes I have tried. It's a keeper. It isn't light (366 cal/serving), but the turkey is pretty low so it balances out (the suggested serving size on the turkey is 6 oz, but I usually only have 3, not to be light, just because that is all the meat that I want).

I'm only mad that I forgot to pick up the Brussels sprouts that I wanted to go with everything. We were lacking in veggies in the house tonight.
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    Looks great! Love stuffing.... But now that you've mentioned brusselsprouts I kinda want those too!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    c4139755.jpg

Grilled Chicken with Pesto Farfalle

Cooking Light 2008

No one ever believes this is from a healthy magazine!
  • cjh1007
    Options
    I enjoy your postings!!!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    3ae496a8.jpg

Grilled Pierogies and Kielbasa

Food Network July/August issue
  • ReginaB13
    ReginaB13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Dinner tonight, lunch for tomorrow. Super low-cal!!

Turkey Bean Chili

016-1.jpg

015-1.jpg