Foodies Unite!

Options

Replies

• pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    [img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/2011-09-25_15-16-08_984.jpg[/img]

Cooking Light Chocolate-Mint Bars from the October special edition (Readers Top-Rated Recipes). They were good, but not quite as good as they looked. The texture on the cake was a bit squidgy. I didn't like the ingredients for the cake much either (called for lots of chocolate syrup). I would definitely make the toppings again, but on a different low fat chocolate cake recipe. Or, even better, on chocolate wafer cookies. That would be just like Thin Mints. Yum.
  • pixlamarque
    Options
    Gorgeous pics, UpEarly!
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    16a166ce.jpg

Chicken Chili Verde C.L. App

(how do I make the pics smaller?)
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Oooh - all the new posts from the past couple of days look wonderful! Thanks everyone! :)
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I don't have a picture but I made my first picante sauce from the fresh veggies at the Farmer's Market today. DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    [img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/2011-09-25_15-16-08_984.jpg[/img]

Cooking Light Chocolate-Mint Bars from the October special edition (Readers Top-Rated Recipes). They were good, but not quite as good as they looked. The texture on the cake was a bit squidgy. I didn't like the ingredients for the cake much either (called for lots of chocolate syrup). I would definitely make the toppings again, but on a different low fat chocolate cake recipe. Or, even better, on chocolate wafer cookies. That would be just like Thin Mints. Yum.

Those look amazing!! Could I have the recipe, please?
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    http://www.cookinglight.com/eating-smart/recipe-makeovers/mint-condition-treats-00400000037162/

I'm guessing this is it....Cooking Light Magazine is really good about posting their recipes and hers look just like these!
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    http://www.cookinglight.com/eating-smart/recipe-makeovers/mint-condition-treats-00400000037162/

I'm guessing this is it....Cooking Light Magazine is really good about posting their recipes and hers look just like these!

Thank you! :smile: Never checked this site out, will have to look through it.
  • pixlamarque
    Options
    Yes, that is the same one. The direct link to the recipe is:

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/chocolate-mint-bars-10000001714574/

Pretty much any of the Cooking Light recipes can be found by doing a recipe search on www.myrecipes.com . That site has recipes from Cooking Light, Southern Living, Sunset, and a couple of others.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I love food and love to cook. Haven't taken pics though. Mexican is one of my favorites and I love tostadas so here's how I do it.

Rinse and drain a can of black beans. Mash completely, add a little water for consistency and a pinch of salt (to taste). I use this instead of refried beans.

Use 1 serving (look at can) and divide between 2 corn tostadas (120 calories for 2--Ortega....each brand is a little different but close)

Top with whatever you want. I make ground turkey with taco seasoning and use 1 serving or made guacamole (little splurge but just use 1 serving). Top with lettuce and salsa.

This is usually (depending on how much you use) under 500 calories and totally filling.....cuz it's 2!!! I love this!!!
  • pixlamarque
    Options
    [img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/2011-09-25_19-02-44_9.jpg[/img]

Cream of Cilantro Soup (Southern Living, recipe can be found on www.myrecipes.com). I am not a huge cilantro fan so when a friend made this years ago I didn't want to try it but she insisted. I'm glad she did because I have been making it for almost 10 years now. I prefer it hot, but it is good cold as well (so it works year round). One cup is 156 calories (without the croutons). The most I ever want is about a cup and a half. It goes great with veggie fajitas on the grill. It is pictured with a tequila marinated salmon from the Weber Big Book of Grilling. If you want the recipe for that, just Google Weber tequila salmon and it comes up right away from someone's forum post (along with a salad/dressing, so be sure to read carefully).
  • pixlamarque
    Options
    I love food and love to cook. Haven't taken pics though. Mexican is one of my favorites and I love tostadas so here's how I do it.

Rinse and drain a can of black beans. Mash completely, add a little water for consistency and a pinch of salt (to taste). I use this instead of refried beans.

Use 1 serving (look at can) and divide between 2 corn tostadas (120 calories for 2--Ortega....each brand is a little different but close)

Top with whatever you want. I make ground turkey with taco seasoning and use 1 serving or made guacamole (little splurge but just use 1 serving). Top with lettuce and salsa.

This is usually (depending on how much you use) under 500 calories and totally filling.....cuz it's 2!!! I love this!!!

Yum. I love tostadas. I use the fat free spicy refried beans from Old El Paso. The spicy ones can be hard to find but they are YUM!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    Looks good pix!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    iPad likes to double post for some reason.....:huh:
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    d6a90cee.jpg

Orecchietti with Peas,Shrimp and Buttermilk Herb Dressing

Cooking Light magazine 453 calories for 2 cups worth!

It's a spicy one people!
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options

Orecchietti with Peas,Shrimp and Buttermilk Herb Dressing

Cooking Light magazine 453 calories for 2 cups worth!

It's a spicy one people!

Is that dill and chives I see? Man, it doesn't look spicy! Looks totally YUM!
  • fallenangelloves
    Options
    Yes it's dill and chives.... But also 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper!

a8abc1bb.jpg

Chicken with French Sauce, Parsley Potatoes and Roasted Asparagus with Feta

Cooking Light App
  • pixlamarque
    Options
    Ok, that last one looks fabulous. I never even looked for a Cooking Light app. I'm on it now. I just ate and that made me hungry. Shame on you.
  • pixlamarque
    Options
    [img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/pixlamarque/Food Pics/2011-09-28_17-39-08_139.jpg[/img]

Wasabi and Panko Crusted Pork with Gingered Soy Sauce (Cooking Light Reader's Top Rated Recipes). The recipe can be found (along with pretty much every other Cooking Light recipe) at:
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/wasabi-panko-crusted-pork-with-gingered-soy-sauce-10000001160662/

This was good but not great. I really liked the wasabi/ginger combo in the sauce, but it just felt like it lacked a little something. Some bites were really good and some were just ho-hum. Served with plain basmati rice and a green/wax bean mix.
  • ReginaB13
    ReginaB13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    These new additions look SOOOOO goood! I took a hiatus from cooking, but here are my recent creations :)

Tuna Ceviche-- This is probably my favorite food.
    yum003.jpg

yum002.jpg

yum012.jpg

Tartlets-- Some were stuffed with olive tapenade and feta, some with a goat cheese with walnets and dried cranberries, and some with a spinach mixture!

I only got a photo of the goat cheese/walnut ones!
    yum007.jpg

yum005.jpg