- 1/2 Teaspoon coriander powder;
    - 1/4 Teaspoon cumin powder;
    - 1/2 Teaspoon garam masala;
    - 1/2 Teaspoon turmeric;
    - 1/4 Teaspoon chilli powder;
    - 1/4 Teaspoon cayenne pepper;
    - 1 Teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves;
    - 1/2 Teaspoon salt.

Dump everything in a bowl, mix thoroughly. Add as much chicken breast as you want after trimming off any fat (this is enough to do about 6 full chicken breasts, so at LEAST four portions worth - you can also freeze any excess once cooked if you're doing single portions). Marinade for supposedly a minimum of four hours, but I'd really suggest a fully 24 hours in the fridge for this.

Once you're ready to cook, just take as many chicken pieces as you want, and bake for around 7 minutes (highest shelf, 200C), turn and give them another 7 minutes. Turn a final time, given another 5-6 minutes (until starting to slightly char) - ready to serve.

We usually do these with salad and homemade wholemeal naan. In total, this comes in at around 390 cal, so at most 100 per serving (and that's assuming it's actually eaten - most will just be thrown away after the chicken is removed from the marinade).
  • chestnutbrown
    Options
    Bump. Who knew you could do so many things with chicken?! ;o)
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I marinade skinless chicken breasts in soy sauce, garlic & ginger for at least 20 minutes then fry in low fat spray or a tablespoon of oil (sunflower, vegetable or olive) then I have them hot either in a stir fry or with rice & salad or veg OR I cool them and put them in a multigrain wrap with lots of salad and have it for lunch! Just add as much garlic, ginger & soy sauce as you like!!! for 150g chicken breast it's about 229 cals :)

I'm liking the Pepsi max idea that sounds yummy. May try that this weekend x
  • ackkk
    ackkk Posts: 16
    Options
    Great chicken recipes on this thread!! Thanks.
  • magsue
    magsue Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Bump these are great
  • kellicruz1978
    kellicruz1978 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Bump! These all sound great!
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    ooh im glad you liked it.

you have a crockpot?

chicken breasts on bottom
    can of corn
    can of kidney beans (or whateve ryou like)
    jar of salsa or picante sauce

cook for however long you need to (all crockpots are different)

last 30mins add in a block of light cream cheese - cook till melted

eat plain, over rice, in a wrap...DELICIOUS...

Looks delicious,but the SODIUM must be sky high!?!?!?
  • hastenbeck
    Options
    bump
  • JeanetteButler
    Options
    bump
  • hillary124
    hillary124 Posts: 112
    Options
    Omg, these all sound great! I cant wait to make them when i go home for the summer.
  • fanaticlubvi
    fanaticlubvi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Here's an idea when you want creamy taste without the guilt ;)

Depending how you like it, you can adjust the spices to make it more or less spicy. I also sometimes add a very little cayenne and skip the peas (less calorie count) . Cornstarch makes the recipe thicker, so you can also play with that.

http://lowfatcooking.about.com/od/poultrydishes/r/creamychickcurr.htm
  • misty0413
    misty0413 Posts: 212
    Options
    I have a george forman grill so i will use mrs dash for seasoning. For lunch today had grilled chicken cubed with black beans salsa , lettuce and a little cheese rolled in a whole wheat tortilla. Or if I want chicken salad I grind upthe chicken with red onion and pickle, then either use light mayo on whole weat or 1/2 an avacado mashed and spread on the bread instead of mayo. Use the same chicken and shred with BBQ sauce on whole wheat bun. grilled chicken served over a bed of rice wiyh sauted veggies. I think for me just cooking 3 or 4 chicken breasts (boneless- skinless) then I just use half at a time.
  • Valleycat60
    Valleycat60 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Greek Chicken Rolls

4 boneless skinless breasts, pounded to 1/4' thickness
    2-3 c. frozen chopped spinach, thawed
    3-4 scallions, finely chopped
    1 t. dried dill
    3/4 c. crumbled feta cheese
    1 - 2 :smile: T. oilive oil
    Panko or Italian style bread crumbs
    Butter flavored PAM cooking spray

1) Saute spinach & scallions over low heat until limp; add dill, and place in bowl.
    2) Add Feta cheese to spinach mixture
    3) Lay chicken breasts flat - evenly divide spinach mixture for the four breasts, place in middle - keeping approx. 1/8 inch from edge of chicken
    4) Roll up chicken breasts tightly - Spray with PAM - roll lightly in bread crumbs
    5) Place in shallow casserole dish coated with PAM - spray bread crumb coated breasts.
    6) Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 55 - 60 min. - (you may need to bake longer based on size and thickness of chicken)
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of cutting my chicken breasts into cutlets, spreading cream cheese on them and rolling them up (I got chive and onion cream cheese, or something like that lol) and then wrapping them up in a piece of bacon and then baking in the oven.
  • MissB0949
    MissB0949 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Just thought of another one! Take a bag of broccoli florets, thawed of course, and layer the broccoli and 2 cooked chicken breasts, chopped in a pie dish. Sprinkle your favorite LF cheese on top. Mix the healthy heart bisquick mix, enough to cover, and pour on top. Bake until bisquick is almost fully done and sprinkle more cheese on top and bake the rest of the way through. Delicious!

Oh yum, can't wait to try this
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Grill them! Then put a a serving size of your favorite BBQ sauce on the side. I like it so much better than putting BBQ sauce on the chicken while grilling.
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can go through later... :)
  • Hairhacker
    Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Great ideas...saving for later!
  • coppers2002
    coppers2002 Posts: 25
    Options
    BUMP