bump
  • sweetazcandi524
    sweetazcandi524 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I made great baked chicken breasts the other night. You could also grill or broil them, too.

I marinated three huge chicken breasts in the juice of 2 lemons and 1 lime, with two diced Serrano peppers, some cilantro, ancho chili powder, fresh garlic, and just a dash of kosher salt. I left them in the fridge overnight and then baked them at 325 for about 40 minutes. I added the juice/marinade to the baking dish. They were really good with baby spinach and guacamole.
  • flamegirl72
    flamegirl72 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    bump - great ideas!
  • gunmetalsunrise
    Options
    if it hasn't been suggested tandoori chicken is a great easy idea for chicken breasts. you can find a variety of recipies but basically yogurt + lots of spicy spices + lemon juice + chicken breasts then put them in a pan, cover with tinfoil, and crank the heat up super high for a brief time and it cooks pretty quickly. plus you can use the yogurt mixture in the pan for a sauce. :)
  • Ange_
    Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make this:

http://www.publicradio.org/columns/splendid-table/recipes/chicken_breasts_stuffed_with_figs_prosciutto_and_gorgonzola.html

tonight.

I don't want to buy any special ingredients to do it though, so i'm going to substitute some low fat fetta for the gorgonzola and weight watchers bacon for the prosciutto. I do have the figs already.
  • Heather2784
    Heather2784 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • dbutorac
    dbutorac Posts: 120
    Options
    bump
  • mkdiva71
    mkdiva71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    1 can each of low sodium cream of chicken, cream of mushroom and cream of celery soups
    Pour them all into a pot, stir in one can of water, 1 stick of butter (or butter substitute) and 2 cups of uncooked rice
    Cook over med/high heat until butter is melted. Make sure you keep an eye on it by stirring it so it doesn't stick to the pot
    Place 4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts in a casserole dish and sprinkle them with Mrs. Dash seasoning. (I use lemon pepper or garlic and herb) But you can also use regular garlic powder or whatever seasoning you like. I am just trying to watch my sodium intake...
    Pour the soup mixture over the chicken breasts, cover with foil and let cook for 45 minutes @ 425 degrees. Uncover the dish and let it cook for 15 more minutes
    Serve with steamed veggies of your choice and enjoy. Oh, and save me a plate:tongue:
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    bump
  • klakers3
    klakers3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Bump! I was needing some ideas for spicing up my chicken dishes as well! :)
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    For great recipe ideas visit www.skinnytaste.com
  • BeckyProctor
    BeckyProctor Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Quick and easy! Brown boneless chicken in skillet then pour in a jar af Salsa and let it simmer for a few minutes. My family loves it served with rice.
  • Doreykn
    Doreykn Posts: 4
    Options
    Chicken tacos instead of ground beef. I usually boil the chicken then pull it apart (shred) or slice it up. Add taco seasoning. Add any toppings and get the lower fat shredded cheese and whole wheat or multi-grain tortillas. Good stuff!
  • lc971
    lc971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I take a chicken breast, and slice it into long strips. I dip them in egg white then roll them in Progresso Panko Bread Crumbs(Italian Style) and bake them in the oven at 350 degrees. About 20 -25 minutes each side. I spray the pan with PAM. I use Ken's Steak House honey mustard(lite) salad dressing as a dipping sauce.
  • CanuckTracy
    CanuckTracy Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Bump! I am always looking for new ideas, I like to try different things. Thanks for recipes!
  • lolo406
    lolo406 Posts: 71
    Options
    they all sound sooo good!
  • iowatransplant
    iowatransplant Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Bump