Hubba Hubba for the Holidays (CLOSED GRP) - Part 2

Options

Replies

• bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Denise - I think you should guss yourself up now & then - always a plus when you run into someone you haven't seen in a while :)

amy,
    i'm taking your suggestion lol...i just put on eyeliner and lipstick i had in my purse and at lunchtime i'm going to run to target and grab a new makeup mirror for my purse, a few new eyeliners, a lipliner pencil and a few new shades of lipstick and maybe even a gloss, eeeegadddssss....LOL....oh and i put on some perfume by clinique, happy too...

i even went into the bathroom and wetted my fingers and mussed up my hair, i have hair that looks better when scrunched and messy....

thank you. i feel pretty right now and i bet someone will say something cause when i came in i had none of this "****" on my face lol...
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    Denise - I think you should guss yourself up now & then - always a plus when you run into someone you haven't seen in a while :)

amy,
    i'm taking your suggestion lol...i just put on eyeliner and lipstick i had in my purse and at lunchtime i'm going to run to target and grab a new makeup mirror for my purse, a few new eyeliners, a lipliner pencil and a few new shades of lipstick and maybe even a gloss, eeeegadddssss....LOL....oh and i put on some perfume by clinique, happy too...

i even went into the bathroom and wetted my fingers and mussed up my hair, i have hair that looks better when scrunched and messy....

thank you. i feel pretty right now and i bet someone will say something cause when i came in i had none of this "****" on my face lol...

FAB-U-LOUS!!! LOVE IT!!

And...

LadyPersia - I agree with Pam3 about the zig zagging. Also, it will make a difference if you are drinking enough water and getting at least 7 hours of good sleep a night. I think taking a good multivitamin helps too.

"Sweat is fat crying" - I LOVE THIS!!

craft338 - Welcome back!

jklm - What happened? MFP says your account is deactivated... :-(

Ladies, I'm sorry that I didn't get a mini challenge out this week (yet). I was actually going to ask a couple of our losers but didn't get to it. Since we still have a few days, this is what I'd like for us to do. If you normally don't drink 8 or more cups of water a day, whatever amount that you normally drink, add one cup every day through Monday. Also, do one exercise that you haven't done in more than two weeks. For instance, I normally do the treadmill, elliptical, walk, or swim. So I'm going to incorporate the mini trampoline into one of my workouts this week.

Make these four days count! Sending slimming vibes your way...

P.S. I did as fatchristine suggested... I have a pair of capris that are smaller. I've tried them off and on for a little while. This week I can zip and button them but they are TIGHT!!! Working for them to be loose!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hi

Just checking in to say hi and I hope everyone is doing great
    this week. :flowerforyou:
    I have gone back to the South Beach plan Phase 2.
    I hope it starts working soon. This plateau thing is getting really
    annoying. :sad:
    Hope to see great results next week everyone!!
    Keep at it!!

>>>>Like is what we make it, always has been, always will be>>>>Grandma Moses
  • bluiz13
    Options
    does anyone have her email address??? you can't even send a message to her...i dont want her to be gone....anyone have info???
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    does anyone have her email address??? you can't even send a message to her...i dont want her to be gone....anyone have info???

i hope she not gone....her acct said deactivated:sad:
  • nwohler
    nwohler Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Congrats to stressed1mom, vallejos6, kcthatsme, alisons7598, shickam062604, & gmomlyn, great job on being the BIGGEST LOSERS this week.
  • kcthatsme
    Options

I don't. I hope someone does!
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Just 0.4 pounds away from hitting my minigoal!!

Craft338 - welcome back!

Kris - down 1# woo hoo!

Denise - love that your beautified! I'm not the best about always getting makeup on for work, but on the days I do, I really feel more confident!

Shirley - love your Grandma Moses quote!

Have a great day all!

Amy
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    Scale-free folks: which measurements will you be reporting for the challenge? I take 8 or 9 measurements, but it doesn't seem fair to report all of those measurements if y'all are only reporting 4 or 5. Can we agree upon a list of measurements to sum and report? Just so it's fair/consistent?
  • gmomlyn
    gmomlyn Posts: 134
    Options
    Happy Friday, all! I'm having a great morning! 4 of my grandchildren took the bus to school from my house this AM....but since they left, I've been grandchildren free! I love all 10 of them....but it's nice to have some time to myself once in a blue moon..lol! :)
    So..what made my morning great.....I tried on a ton of clothes in my closet. I am going to a dinner next week with my husband. It's actually a company dinner they are having in honor of my husband, and it's going to be more of a roast than anything, and my presence has been requested. I've already been warned I'll be asked to tell some good stories, which isn't too difficult being I have been married to the man for over 34 years!

Anyway, I went through my closet trying to figure out what I'm going to wear to the dinner. What I discovered was...I have a lot of clothes I never wear and, since I lost some weight this past month, lots of my clothes are looking pretty good on me. That's why I'm having a great morning. I read the posts in which some of you gals talked about how you are really loving on the changes you see in your bodies since you lost weight and toned up. Well, I've only been on the diet/exercise bandwagon since Sept 1, so I can't say I see big changes in my body yet....but I can really tell that things are happening by the way my clothes are fitting. My workouts are also getting so much easier to complete. I mostly do the WATP videos....but the 2 and 3 mile videos are almost too easy now...so lately I've been focusing on the 4 and 5 mile walks.

As far as my clothes...I still have a few pairs of jeans and dress pants I'm waiting to fit into. Do all of you have many sizes of jeans and pants in your wardrobe? I have from size 10 to size 18's! I'm wearing 16's now. The 18's are getting way too baggy, and I'm ready to donate them. My 14's are still too snug to wear, can't zip the 12's, and I think the 1 pair of 10's I have must have run big in their size, cause back when I bought them I know I was just fitting into a size 12.

I do have the one outfit I can't wait to fit into. It's actually a pair of dress pants, but they are the best dress pants I have ever bought. When they fit, they make me look long and lean! Yeah, baby! They seriously make you look a lot thinner than you really are! I put them on this AM, and I can zip and snap them, but I still need to lose probably about 10 or so pounds to be able to fit in them perfectly. I'm shooting for Thanksgiving with those pants.

And now....off to the store. My dd#! who introduced me to this site (she only uses it to log her food and exercise) walked out of the house with my tape measurer the other day. She's not seeing the scale go down, so she wants to track her measurements. I personally like my scale, but I also like to measure....so I'm off to buy a new one. And this post is getting long......so......
    everyone have a super weekend! Monday's weigh-in is coming fast! Good luck to all!
  • bluiz13
    Options
    shannon...i'm not "competing" with measurements...when i report them it will just to be to show MY progress without the scale so report whatever measurements you take....the more you go down the better for you...i do think kristen just wants the total down or up since the last time each time you report though...so say over the 9 areas you measure next week you go down a total of 4 inches post to your chart -4in and she will know to show that in the chart....
    Scale-free folks: which measurements will you be reporting for the challenge? I take 8 or 9 measurements, but it doesn't seem fair to report all of those measurements if y'all are only reporting 4 or 5. Can we agree upon a list of measurements to sum and report? Just so it's fair/consistent?
  • Pam3
    Options
    Happy Friday, all! I'm having a great morning! 4 of my grandchildren took the bus to school from my house this AM....but since they left, I've been grandchildren free! I love all 10 of them....but it's nice to have some time to myself once in a blue moon..lol! :)
    So..what made my morning great.....I tried on a ton of clothes in my closet. I am going to a dinner next week with my husband. It's actually a company dinner they are having in honor of my husband, and it's going to be more of a roast than anything, and my presence has been requested. I've already been warned I'll be asked to tell some good stories, which isn't too difficult being I have been married to the man for over 34 years!

Anyway, I went through my closet trying to figure out what I'm going to wear to the dinner. What I discovered was...I have a lot of clothes I never wear and, since I lost some weight this past month, lots of my clothes are looking pretty good on me. That's why I'm having a great morning. I read the posts in which some of you gals talked about how you are really loving on the changes you see in your bodies since you lost weight and toned up. Well, I've only been on the diet/exercise bandwagon since Sept 1, so I can't say I see big changes in my body yet....but I can really tell that things are happening by the way my clothes are fitting. My workouts are also getting so much easier to complete. I mostly do the WATP videos....but the 2 and 3 mile videos are almost too easy now...so lately I've been focusing on the 4 and 5 mile walks.

As far as my clothes...I still have a few pairs of jeans and dress pants I'm waiting to fit into. Do all of you have many sizes of jeans and pants in your wardrobe? I have from size 10 to size 18's! I'm wearing 16's now. The 18's are getting way too baggy, and I'm ready to donate them. My 14's are still too snug to wear, can't zip the 12's, and I think the 1 pair of 10's I have must have run big in their size, cause back when I bought them I know I was just fitting into a size 12.

I do have the one outfit I can't wait to fit into. It's actually a pair of dress pants, but they are the best dress pants I have ever bought. When they fit, they make me look long and lean! Yeah, baby! They seriously make you look a lot thinner than you really are! I put them on this AM, and I can zip and snap them, but I still need to lose probably about 10 or so pounds to be able to fit in them perfectly. I'm shooting for Thanksgiving with those pants.

And now....off to the store. My dd#! who introduced me to this site (she only uses it to log her food and exercise) walked out of the house with my tape measurer the other day. She's not seeing the scale go down, so she wants to track her measurements. I personally like my scale, but I also like to measure....so I'm off to buy a new one. And this post is getting long......so......
    everyone have a super weekend! Monday's weigh-in is coming fast! Good luck to all!

so HAPPY for you...what an awesome feeling...enjoy it....

i had a very nice day...spin class, then meet two of my sons for lunch, and then had my hair done(high lights)....i feel pretty
    LOL....have a great weekend all

:flowerforyou:
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    So you know how doctor's office scales have those things on the lower part....you know to put it on 50, 100, 150, and 200....and then the smaller slider on top for individual pounds? We have a scale like this at work, and I'm happy to say I was finally able to stop putting the bottom slider on 150 and can now put it on 100 and then move on to the smaller slider :bigsmile:
  • trimformecmb
    trimformecmb Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    So you know how doctor's office scales have those things on the lower part....you know to put it on 50, 100, 150, and 200....and then the smaller slider on top for individual pounds? We have a scale like this at work, and I'm happy to say I was finally able to stop putting the bottom slider on 150 and can now put it on 100 and then move on to the smaller slider :bigsmile:

sweet!!!! good for you!
  • Pam3
    Options

WHAT A GREAT FEELING!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options

Victory!!
  • chelsea32291
    Options
    yay! Thats awesome, congrats! :)
  • trimformecmb
    trimformecmb Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    yuck----sick kids all week, even a 2 am trip to the ER!!!!
    !trying to keep in perspective about life balance and burnout......and not losing patience in myself for not seeing the results in the timeline i expected....but, i just did 20 minutes of hulahooping and totally ignored the floor that needs to be vaccummed.....
    so, sorry for the pity party....hoping that everyone has a great weekend!
  • kcthatsme
    Options

Fabulous!!

fatchristine - Sorry about the sick kids. :-(
  • gmomlyn
    gmomlyn Posts: 134
    Options
    yuck----sick kids all week, even a 2 am trip to the ER!!!!
    !trying to keep in perspective about life balance and burnout......and not losing patience in myself for not seeing the results in the timeline i expected....but, i just did 20 minutes of hulahooping and totally ignored the floor that needs to be vaccummed.....
    so, sorry for the pity party....hoping that everyone has a great weekend!

Hope your children are feeling better! A trip to the ER is stressful enough for a mom....but at 2 AM, that means you probably got little to no sleep last night! Take care of yourself too!

And...20 minutes of hulahooping....good for you. Ignore that floor! I could never hula hoop, even when I was a kid. Couldn't keep the hula hoop up and going around. But, one of my granddaughters won a hula hooping contest last year.........LOL....she didn't inherit her skills from me!