Hubba Hubba for the Holidays (CLOSED GRP) - Part 2

Options

Replies

• bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT....thanks....might have to post on facebook lol

I'm sure many of you have seen it, but everytime I read it, it inspires me. . . .thought I'd share with all of my AWESOME Hubba-Hubbas :flowerforyou:

sdd72p.jpg

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!

Sharon
  • vallejos6
    vallejos6 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I feel bad tying stressed for the weight loss honors this week as I didn't really lose anything, just dropped the nasty water weight that was hanging around. Not that I didn't have a good week, I did, and hoping this next week will go well also. I have a dinner date on Saturday, but it's with my "fitness guru" friend and her husband, so it will be easy to stay on track. And, even though we are doing pool after dinner, they don't drink, so don't have to worry about adult beverages derailing me either. Today we have an easy exercise day, just a walk and lower body weights (although I have a feeling I won't feel it's so easy when I'm doing my lunges.. ugh, I hate those!)

A good NSV yesterday, had a conference to go to downtown for work, and saw some people I hadn't seen for almost a year, and I got lots of good comments on my weight. I have only lost about 15 pounds in that time, but apparently it made more of a difference than I thought it did, woo hoo!

Good luck with the scale vacation bluiz (and everyone joining her!). Have a great day everyone!

~~Veronica
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    stressed1mom, vallejos6, kcthatsme, alisons7598, shickam062604, & gmomlyn - Congrats to you all for being our biggest losers! Very inspiring!

Guess what? By my count...We Had 26 Losers This Week! :drinker:
    Isn't that great! We're all focusing on making every effort to meet or get closer to our 1st mini-goal.
    Good luck to us all...We're In It To Win It!
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    Today I feel pretty. I noticed that I felt my cheekbones and jawbone when I washed my face in the shower. Then I noticed that I feel SHOULDERS when I'm drying there. When I put my leg up to towel it off, I can see the shape of my quad. In certain lighting, I can see my collarbones. When I have high heels on, and I'm walking up the stairs, my husband notices EVERYTHING ;-) including my calf muscle definition (slight). I'm looking better in my clothes. My earrings look better next to my face. :-) I can finally put my wedding rings on again. Everywhere on me is definitely thinner and looking it. Today I am 146.8. I still have a way to go to get where I want to be. There is still plenty of fluff when all of the clothes are off. But I am so happy to feel pretty again. I definitely don't feel this way every day. But today I do.

How are you feeling lately?
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    that is so great kristen....it feels great to feel great lol.....i wish i spent more time looking nicer lol but i just dont have the "need" or the desire most mornings...i never wear makeup unless we are going out and i usually only put on lipstick and eyeliner...i dont "do" my hair but let it air dry each morning and only "blow" it out when i get it cut/styled or sometimes when we are going out....hmmmm, maybe tomorrow i should try harder to look pretty....i mean i dont feel ugly persay lol but i dont feel beautiful right now either lol....i do notice the "new" parts of my body though...my cheekbones/jawline, my collar bones, my shoulders, my calves and shins, my fingers & hands....all of these things/areas make me feel "skinny".....thanks for posting this....
    Today I feel pretty. I noticed that I felt my cheekbones and jawbone when I washed my face in the shower. Then I noticed that I feel SHOULDERS when I'm drying there. When I put my leg up to towel it off, I can see the shape of my quad. In certain lighting, I can see my collarbones. When I have high heels on, and I'm walking up the stairs, my husband notices EVERYTHING ;-) including my calf muscle definition (slight). I'm looking better in my clothes. My earrings look better next to my face. :-) I can finally put my wedding rings on again. Everywhere on me is definitely thinner and looking it. Today I am 146.8. I still have a way to go to get where I want to be. There is still plenty of fluff when all of the clothes are off. But I am so happy to feel pretty again. I definitely don't feel this way every day. But today I do.

• jllipson
    Options
    If it's not a problem, I think I'm going to switch my weigh ins to Sunday - simply because I cannot get onto a computer early enough on Mondays. This would allow me the entire day on Sunday to get my weight on here for the chart!
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    If it's not a problem, I think I'm going to switch my weigh ins to Sunday - simply because I cannot get onto a computer early enough on Mondays. This would allow me the entire day on Sunday to get my weight on here for the chart!

That would work out just fine.
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    stressed1mom, vallejos6, kcthatsme, alisons7598, shickam062604, & gmomlyn - Congrats to you all for being our biggest losers! Very inspiring!

Guess what? By my count...We Had 26 Losers This Week! :drinker:
    Isn't that great! We're all focusing on making every effort to meet or get closer to our 1st mini-goal.
    Good luck to us all...We're In It To Win It!

WTG Great work everyone! If your struggling set smaller goals. Let's shed those pounds!!
  • LadyPersia
    Options
    ABout the scale. Im not quite sure all the reasons why but I can fluctuate between 145-139 in two days. I can not break the 139. Sunday when I did my weigh-in I was 144. That was after a fat filled weekend. On monday after drinking tons of water and eatting better I went down to 142. Today 141. Mid cycle for me I crave sweets and salt. Does anyone ele have this problem. I was the highest gainer but thenext day I had lost 2 pounds. I am aware it is all water weight, but if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate. My workouts have been consistent and have even increase doing the Wappo Warrior routines.

HELP...

Kim
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options

this made me SMILE....i am so happy that you are feeling pretty ...its a great feeling i have felt that way on occassion(not lately)but still smiling!!!!

@lady....how about calorie zig zagging, i thinking of trying it myself...it when you cahnge up your caloric intake daily, google it for a better explanation

off to a spin class(and try and get some PT exercise for lower body)hate those

have lovely day:flowerforyou:
  • FitJ1210
    Options

I love this .. all the little things ( HUGE really) that you have noticed and worked so hard for are your reality. Isnt it the best to have your DH take notice! I remember being at my goal "health" looking down and seeing thinner thighs, I couldnt beleive it was me. I cant wait for that day again. Kudos to you Kristen... youve hit a milestone :smile:

Just waking up and having my java... but I feel great ready to tackle my w/o and my day.

Have a AWESOME day ladies :flowerforyou:
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    ABout the scale. Im not quite sure all the reasons why but I can fluctuate between 145-139 in two days. I can not break the 139. Sunday when I did my weigh-in I was 144. That was after a fat filled weekend. On monday after drinking tons of water and eatting better I went down to 142. Today 141. Mid cycle for me I crave sweets and salt. Does anyone ele have this problem. I was the highest gainer but thenext day I had lost 2 pounds. I am aware it is all water weight, but if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate. My workouts have been consistent and have even increase doing the Wappo Warrior routines.

HELP...

Kim

This might help?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/351771-measurement-vs-scale

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/349396-losing-lbs-and-weight-training
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    I'm sure many of you have seen it, but everytime I read it, it inspires me. . . .thought I'd share with all of my AWESOME Hubba-Hubbas :flowerforyou:

sdd72p.jpg

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!

Sharon

Thanks for posting... read from the motivational quote thread "Sweat is fat crying" :laugh:
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    sharon - love the poster!

kristen - it's wonderful that you posted your story of recognizing you're feeling pretty! congrats on all your hard work and congrats on noticing and enjoying the payoff!

sometimes we're so focused on where we want to be that we forget to look around and see how far we've come in our journey to our goal weight. i've felt pretty recently when i cut my hair and bought some "new" thrift shop clothes that fit better. i noticed that some of my old clothes are too big and needed to be given away and some old clothes now fit me correctly. it's been amazing to find this out! i'm especially happy to be able to go on more difficult hikes (now that i'm 30 lbs lighter) because being in nature makes me feel alive and happy. i know i've got 40 lbs to get my goal weight, but i'm making sure to notice and enjoy my hard work and success so far.

let's all look around and notice our success today and love ourselves where we are today...let's not wait till we get to our goal weight to do that. we're beautiful as we are today!
  • bellamia88
    bellamia88 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi didn't know we started a new page *oops* anyways this week i'm at 193.5
  • bellamia88
    bellamia88 Posts: 149 Member
    Options

HELP...

Kim

Hmmm are you consuming a lot of sodium or eating too little? Just my personal experience but I recently broke out of a plateau that lasted 3 months. I was fluctuating between 197-200 still excercising 4 times a week. I decided last week I was going to cut out all frozen meals as well as up my calories for the duration of that week. Yesterday I weighed in and was down to 193.5 also weighed myself this morning just to make sure it's an accurate weight and it still was so give that a try if you haven't already. I also avoid weighing myself during tom since I automatically gain a couple pounds.
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hello All! Well, as of this morning, I am 1.3#'s closer to my mini-goal for next week with 1.5#'s to go. I am determined to make it happen!

"How are you feeling lately" .... clothing is fitting better - I have more options now. Some of my size 14's are fitting again (yay!) I have 2 pairs of pants I coudn't fit into in July, that I can now button & zip (but need a few more pounds before they're comfortably wearable. Definately noticing more definition in my face - jaw, cheekbones... and loving that my collarbone is back! More energy, lately I don't even "think" about food as much!

Sharon - love the "life" mantra you posted :)

Kristen - love that you are feeling & noticing the changes!

Denise - I think you should guss yourself up now & then - always a plus when you run into someone you haven't seen in a while :)

Pam - sorry that you are not seeing the results of your hard-work show up on the scale. I'm rooting for you!!

FinJ1210 - "sweat is fat crying" - I have never heard this before, and LOVE it!!

jklm = agree - we should enjoy as much of the "now" as possible!

Have a great night & wonderful Thursday all!

Hugs,

Amy :0)
  • LadyPersia
    Options
    ]

Hmmm are you consuming a lot of sodium or eating too little? Just my personal experience but I recently broke out of a plateau that lasted 3 months. I was fluctuating between 197-200 still excercising 4 times a week. I decided last week I was going to cut out all frozen meals as well as up my calories for the duration of that week. Yesterday I weighed in and was down to 193.5 also weighed myself this morning just to make sure it's an accurate weight and it still was so give that a try if you haven't already. I also avoid weighing myself during tom since I automatically gain a couple pounds.
    [/quote]

Yes I think I dont eat enough or properly. Thank you for your ideas:) Many wonderful suggestions. I noted the web sites and going to surf today on breaking this plateau!!!

Have an awesome day everyone!
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i posted on the last thread :blushing:

sorry guys....i've been MIA recently because of work ohwell i work at a school, so september is always crazy for me. i felt kind of overwhelmed, so i took a break from logging and counting calories. now that things are calming down at work, i've gotten back on track and i actually lost 0.6 lbs when i was just hoping to maintain. it feel great to be back, and it feels even better than i can keep up with the weight loss and healthy lifestyle even when i'm not logging or keeping track of everything i eat drinker

there's no way i can reach my first mini goal, but maybe taking that 2 week break will help jump start me for the NEXT mini goal bigsmile

09/05: 204.6
    09/12: break
    09/19: break
    09/26: 204.0
    10/03: <<< 198.6 >>>
    10/10:
    10/17:
    10/24:
    10/31: <<< 192.6 >>>
    11/07:
    11/14:
    11/21:
    11/28: <<< 186.6 >>>
    12/05:
    12/12:
    12/19:
    12/24: <<< 180.6 >>>
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I am checking in at 187.0 this week lost another pound !