Motivated Mama's ( Closed Group)

Options
14567810»

Replies

• NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Here is the link for our Week 2 Challenge

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/354220-motivated-mamma-s-week-2-closed-goup

We got home super late from the mountains, so I will meet you all there in the morning, hope you all have a great night.
    Karie
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Wow... I feel like I failed this week. I have been feeling down on myself all week long, not to mention I have had a sick baby. I have lost 19 lbs so far, but that is only a little compared to how far I NEED to go. Sometimes it is hard to focus on moving forward when I see how far I really have to go still. All that said, my husband has reassured me that he is behind me 100% and that he can see the progress I have made and thinks I look great. That gave me the little push that I needed to start getting my head in the right place again. I am recommitted and want to move forward. My goal this week is to do cardio every day, and to end my day doing Yoga, I want to burn at least 300 calories a day also. So, here is to a new week, a new challenge and a new attitude!!

Tasha,
    You are one hard working Girl, maybe you just needed a rest. I have been having a bad week too. We just have to pick ourselves up and try again. You deserve this! You are an awesome friend and great at encouraging others. I am going to hold you to that 300 calorie a day promise, so watch for me~
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Emotional challenge:
    I think it might help by giving me a place to start. I know that these are listed to do in addition to one's daily routine, but I'm finding it hard enough to get motivated just to do the challenge. It's hard to find the energy, let alone the time. I think it may be easier once the little one is on a better schedule as she gets older. I think I have to start getting up before work, because Lord knows I'm beat after work. However, I was so into exercising before that I find it a bit cumbersome to start all over. I almost feel like I failed even more because I have to start over. I know that sounds ridiculous!! Anyway, back to the point. It gives me something to focus on, something to work toward rather than focus on what I have to "redo"

Tuesday
    Under Fat - SUCCEED by 6
    Superman 5 reps for 30 seconds - I only did 2. (I did not realize just how much of my core strength I lost being preggo!)
    pushups on ball 15 reps 2 sets
    clamshell crunches with ball 15 reps 2 sets
    pushups on ball (beginner) 15 reps 2 sets
    no additional cardio
    over calories

You amaze me! After my son was born, I spent 3 months sitting on the couch breastfeeding him, I feel like that is all I did. LOL. I didn't do alot other than eat and sleep. So you are awesome for working hard to get yourself back! We are here fo you and I know you will succed!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    I have to share:

As you all know the last few weeks my motivation has been weak. I was afraid that I had lost my will power and wouldn't be able to get it back. Girls, I was wrong! It's back :happy:

My alarm woke me at 530 this morning and I hit the snooze button and immediately fell back asleep. When it went off again 9 mins later my first thought (courtesay of that fat-girl mentality I was mentioning earlier this week) told me to reset it for 630 and go back to bed. Literally as soon as I processed that thought I had this rush of energy and adrenaline - like my body was telling my brain to shut the heck up and I turned off the alarm and hit my workout hard. I am so proud of myself (not a feeling I am used to!) that I just had to share with the group.

Thanks for keeping me motivated ladies!
    Lynda

This is my awesome partner for you!!!

You rock Lynda!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    I need everyone to make sure they have put there points and calorie burns in by tonight. If you need help let me know.

Karie
  • CoachMelissaDi
    CoachMelissaDi Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Emotional Challenge: Well I am glad that I am here now. I needed a challenge. Things got rocky there for a while but I'm back and ready to lose this last 30lbs.!!!! I have until Feb. 2012 to lose it all!

You're back! Yaay! You've so got this this time around!! :)

I know I hated to leave you girls high and dry at the last week! I just had major issues to deal with. So glad to be back with everyone!
  • CoachMelissaDi
    CoachMelissaDi Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Wow... I feel like I failed this week. I have been feeling down on myself all week long, not to mention I have had a sick baby. I have lost 19 lbs so far, but that is only a little compared to how far I NEED to go. Sometimes it is hard to focus on moving forward when I see how far I really have to go still. All that said, my husband has reassured me that he is behind me 100% and that he can see the progress I have made and thinks I look great. That gave me the little push that I needed to start getting my head in the right place again. I am recommitted and want to move forward. My goal this week is to do cardio every day, and to end my day doing Yoga, I want to burn at least 300 calories a day also. So, here is to a new week, a new challenge and a new attitude!!

Tasha, we got this!!! I am here for you my teammate! We will support each other. Just write me if you need to talk or rant or rave or whatever! LOL!
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Ladies,

I have put on 0.2 lbs this week, but thats not making me feel low.. I was expecting more than that.. I have been sick for last 3 days and havent been exercising at all.. But I am back this week, make sure I get full points this week..Yay!!!
  • momof2_0710
    momof2_0710 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose this week :angry: !! WTF!!!! I busted my *kitten* all week long and the scale did not move!!! Grrrr! Ok I feel better expressing how I feel now! So here is to a new week and just maybe I can make it up! :drinker:
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    I didn't lose this week :angry: !! WTF!!!! I busted my *kitten* all week long and the scale did not move!!! Grrrr! Ok I feel better expressing how I feel now! So here is to a new week and just maybe I can make it up! :drinker:

You have been very dedicated so I think you will see results next week. Keep it up Girl! Your doing awesome.
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options

I am sorry! That's tough! Try and think outside the norm, look at your food, exercise, sleep etc. and see if there are any places where it could've been tightened up; also, maybe it's time you "shake up" your exercise routine...

Sometimes it just doesn't make "sense"... BUT they true victory is that you are still here, still heading in the right direction; you will rock this, of this I am confident! :wink:
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Ladies,

I have put on 0.2 lbs this week, but thats not making me feel low.. I was expecting more than that.. I have been sick for last 3 days and havent been exercising at all.. But I am back this week, make sure I get full points this week..Yay!!!

I am glad that you are feeling better!
  • NewLife_11
    Options

I am sorry! That's tough! Try and think outside the norm, look at your food, exercise, sleep etc. and see if there are any places where it could've been tightened up; also, maybe it's time you "shake up" your exercise routine...

Sometimes it just doesn't make "sense"... BUT they true victory is that you are still here, still heading in the right direction; you will rock this, of this I am confident! :wink:

Very well said! I agree completly.