Motivated Mama's ( Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• momof2_0710
    momof2_0710 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Completed everything today! Yayyy! I had a pretty good day yesterday. Finally ppl are starting to notice that I have lost some weight. But my eating wasnt so great!:sad: My uncle made brisket but the killer for me my cousin made some homemade bbq sauce and omg it is soooooooo goooodd! Then I had pizza and breadsticks and then my hubby bought some budweiser and I had a couple. Dang it! So I didn't even log everything. Today was much better. All meals were pretty much healthy and I was able to get my exercises done. Hope you ladies had a good weekend!
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Completed everything today! Yayyy! I had a pretty good day yesterday. Finally ppl are starting to notice that I have lost some weight. But my eating wasnt so great!:sad: My uncle made brisket but the killer for me my cousin made some homemade bbq sauce and omg it is soooooooo goooodd! Then I had pizza and breadsticks and then my hubby bought some budweiser and I had a couple. Dang it! So I didn't even log everything. Today was much better. All meals were pretty much healthy and I was able to get my exercises done. Hope you ladies had a good weekend!

It truly is a journey, right? You are still HERE and I am glad! :wink:
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    Here comes my truth!
    I have to get my head back in this, I was way over sodium today! I made homemade enchiladas for dinner. (not the healthy version) My husband is hispanic and his family makes fabulous mexican foor so his mom tought me the recipe.
    So this week has been a roller coaster for me, I have been self sabataging and I am acting like the old me. I find myself feeling like I will never be thin or healthy. I almost made it to my 1st goal of 30 lbs loss, only have 0.4 lbs to go but after this week I wouldn't be surprised if I gained. I start thinking somedays that I have lost almost 30 lbs and that is amazing but other days I focus on how far I have to go.:grumble:
    Starting the SAHMU Group and this one has been such a help and inspiration to me, I just need to find a way to get back to where I was 2 weeks ago. Find that drive and determination I had.
    Thank you for letting me vent a little and I am so sorry to put negativity on our thread but I figured this is a place for not only our truimphs but our downfalls too.

Thank you all for your support, wow I needed it yesterday!

I am feeling much better today, I woke up early and went on a 35min brisk walk and it made my whole day better. I know that through this I am going to have rough weeks, I just have to try not to let it drag me down for an entire week. I cannot undo what I have done to myself, I can only move forward. I start work this Thursday as alot of you know and I think I was having alot of anxiety about it so instead of dealing with it, well I was eating it! I took today and really just tried to remember all the reasons I am here fighting for this, and tried to pay attention to the fact that I have worked hard and I have come so far. All of your kind words helped me with that.

Today
    Cardio - Done
    Skater Squats- Done
    Yesterdays Strength- Done (today)
    Under Carbs- Done

Feeling Motivated again--- Yay! I can say Done! :happy:

SO happy for you! Way to go! :smile:
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    I SO have more to say but I better "report" in and go to bed! :wink:

SU. 9/24 (posted on SAHMU regroup thread & on spreadsheet)
    CARDIO:
    Input calories burned? yes
    Nutrition: Under carbs? yes
    Exercise: 50 skater squats? yes

TWO days off from the gym... boy I missed it! WAIT... did I just say what?
  • lprunty
    lprunty Posts: 108
    Options
    Good morning!!! Welcome to the group Amanda. :-) I hope you guys had a good weekend. Mine was pretty good. Went hiking yesterday, and looks like it's going to be a regular weekend thing. :-) Yay! There are so many beautiful places to hike here in Colorado Springs.
    Well it's off to work I go! Have a lovely day!!
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Amanda. I am a military wife. My daughter is 8 weeks old.I have had some trouble getting motivated to get back into the swing of things. I used to go to the gym 5 days a week and work out for at least 1 hour, not to mention had a really good diet. I had already lost 15 lbs when I got sick and had to stop exercising. After I got over that (about 6 weeks later), I found out I was pregnant and just didn't have the motivation to start back at that point. I had a bout of depression around the same time due to moving to a new place, where I had no family and no friends. I was unemployed and kept getting rejected by possible employers. I have since started working (and returned to work post pregnancy) to a full time job as a probation officer. I do not have access to a gym that offers day care during times that I can go and I prefer exercising in a gym. It keeps me honest. Exercising in the home is possible but not something I am very famliar with. I have and pull up bar and a body ball to work with right now. I did not want to invest a lot of money into something if I wasn't going to stick with it. I hoping I can get the support to keep things going.

Welcome Amanda...Glad to have you with us! You've joined a great group of ladies!!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I still need

sisa2324 & SunshineKB to come up with the Food Challenge

circusmom & mom2caelebncasyn to come up with the emotional challenge

Send it to my inbox and thanks in advance, I will put the challenge together for next week tonight.

Karie
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Amanda. I am a military wife. My daughter is 8 weeks old.I have had some trouble getting motivated to get back into the swing of things. I used to go to the gym 5 days a week and work out for at least 1 hour, not to mention had a really good diet. I had already lost 15 lbs when I got sick and had to stop exercising. After I got over that (about 6 weeks later), I found out I was pregnant and just didn't have the motivation to start back at that point. I had a bout of depression around the same time due to moving to a new place, where I had no family and no friends. I was unemployed and kept getting rejected by possible employers. I have since started working (and returned to work post pregnancy) to a full time job as a probation officer. I do not have access to a gym that offers day care during times that I can go and I prefer exercising in a gym. It keeps me honest. Exercising in the home is possible but not something I am very famliar with. I have and pull up bar and a body ball to work with right now. I did not want to invest a lot of money into something if I wasn't going to stick with it. I hoping I can get the support to keep things going.

Hi Amanda! Glad you've joined us! I'm impressed by your drive - when my son was 8 weeks old fitness was the last thing on my mind. I wish it had been because I'd be so much farther along now than where I am. I'm sure you will find the group to be incredibly supportive, I know I have.
    I'm also unable to get to the gym. Just aren't enough hours in the day and I prefer to work out in the morning and am unwilling ot sacrifice any more sleep than I already do - some I'm a home workout kinda gal. I can reccomend a couple good workout videos if you'd like. I prefer to do circuit training as you burn more calories in a shorter span of time and can also break the circuits into multiple workouts if time is a factor (can you tell I'm pressed for time?!?) Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred is great as is the No More Trouble Zones. All you need is 3lb weights and a mat if you are working on a hard surface. Those are both pretty intense so if you want to start slower you might want to try Prevention 3-2-1 Circuit Training. It's a bit lower impact but sill packs a good punch.
    Cheers!
    Lynda
  • CoachMelissaDi
    CoachMelissaDi Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I will try harder this time ;)
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Can I join? I will try harder this time ;)

Of course you can!! I am going to put you on the spreadsheet right away. Give me a few minutes, I will also be putting you with a buddy. This challenge we will each have turns to create a part of the challenge.
    Karie
  • natijade
    natijade Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Went over my cals by ten today! Absolutely gutted! 1 less piece of choccie and I would have got the point, grr!

Having a really bad/stressful time atm with going back to uni, really struggling to keep up with the whole weightloss/exercise thing. It's really disheartening, I've done so well and now feel like I'm throwing it all away as when I try and get my work done I just feel compelled to eat & snack and I get really stressed out if I can't. My meals are still healthy so that's good but I'm just snacking again when I haven't snacked for months :-( And I don't have time for exercise really apart from my weekly classes, Zumba and pilates.

Hopefully I'll get back in the swing of things soon and get it sorted! :(
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Its time to start getting my head back in the game. I feel like I've been neglecting myself, my diet and all of you ladies the past few days, Had some really bad food days over the weekend and havent really been working out. Even today I woke up with a terrible headache and absolutely no energy. Im SO worried about weigh-in on wednesday because Im sure i've gained. Tomorrow I will be back in this 100% for today I got some cleaning done and will do the strength exercise whatever it is for today.
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Sunday
    Cardio ~ No workout, but I did some walking!
    Nutrition - Under Carbs ~ Done
    Exercise - 50 skater squats ~ Done

Monday
    Cardio ~ Oh ... yeah .. DONE!
    Nutrition - Under calories ~ Done
    Exercise - 25 Tricep Dips with Bent Knees ~ Done

Just checking in! I also updated the spreadsheets!! Yay!
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    For Monday:
    Cardio- None today, still pretty sick, try tomorrow
    Strength- Dips, done
    Nutrition- under cals, done
  • momof2_0710
    Options
    Monday:
    Cardio - Done
    Dips - Done
    Under Cals: Not finished logging yet, but most likely will be

So I finished Week 1 of Insanity and I am so loving it. Its very hard, but i'm doing the best that I can. I now have 7 more weeks left. Can't wait to see what kind of results I will have.
  • momof2_0710
    Options

Hi Amanda,

Glad you have joined our group. I wish you the best of luck.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Don't have a lot of time, but just wanted to post my stuff for today and I'll go update the spreadsheet.

Monday
    Cardio ~ Done
    Nutrition - Under calories ~ Done
    Exercise - 25 Tricep Dips with Bent Knees ~ Done
  • asteingiesser
    Options
    I am totally struggling...I just can't say no to food right now!!! I don't know what the deal is.....

Can someone explain how this is going to work just to make sure I understand....I really don't want to disappoint!!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    I am totally struggling...I just can't say no to food right now!!! I don't know what the deal is.....

Can someone explain how this is going to work just to make sure I understand....I really don't want to disappoint!!

You can do this! Stay strong, find something to distract you. Drink a big glass of water, it does help.

Do you need help understanding the challenge? If so I will try to help.
    Each week there will be a 4 part challenge
    Cardio
    Strength
    Food
    Emotional
    You will recieve points each day for these and that will be explained each challenge.
    This week your cardio challenge is to simply put in your calorie burn each day and you recieve a point for that. Also the Pair with the highest calorie burn will recieve a bonus point.
    Strength
    There is a list on the first page of this thread with a link to explain each strength exercise for each day, you recieve a point for each day you complete that exercise.
    Food
    In the same list as the cardio there is a list of things to saty under like sodium,carbs,ft each day you do this you recieve a point.
    Emotional
    There is a question posted on the first page of this page, alot of us where in this challenge before but because you are new you can just let us know why you think a challenge might help you?
    Make sure you put your points and calorie burns in daily.
    We weigh in on wednesday mornings, if you cannot wednesday morning please do Tuesday night. The team with the highest weight loss percentage (I still need to figure out how to do this) will recieve a bonus point.
    There is also a measurment chart for you to input your measurment.

Hope this helps,
    Karie
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    For Monday:
    Cardio- None today, still pretty sick, try tomorrow
    Strength- Dips, done
    Nutrition- under cals, done

Hope you feel better soon!