Motivated Mama's ( Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    hey ladies I saw another post on here for a free 2yr sub to fitness magazine. the link is http://www.8moms.com/deal/national/fitness-magazine and when you sign use the promo code: PARENTING8.

When you sign up validate the code. The promo is for a 2 yr sub to fitness magazine for $7 but when you use the promo code it gives you an $8 credit. So its free. I just ordered mine so it works. Just wanted to share this with you ladies.

Thanks for this, I will do it tomorrow!
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    hey ladies I saw another post on here for a free 2yr sub to fitness magazine. the link is http://www.8moms.com/deal/national/fitness-magazine and when you sign use the promo code: PARENTING8.

When you sign up validate the code. The promo is for a 2 yr sub to fitness magazine for $7 but when you use the promo code it gives you an $8 credit. So its free. I just ordered mine so it works. Just wanted to share this with you ladies.

It's sold out!!! :frown: But thanks for posting! :wink:
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies! It is busy around here this morning, I'll take the time to read thru all the post and add my own later when I get everything calmed down.
  • circusmom
    Options
    Hi All, sorry it took me so long to find my way to our thread, but I finally made it!
    So about me, My name is Shawn I'm 42 and Mom to four kids, Ricky 23 (not living at home), Regan 12, Jena 5, & Nathan 3. And if that isn't enough I also operate an in-home daycare, and I'm looking at starting an Etsy shop (I must be out of my flippin' mind!)
    I never really had any weight issues until after Nathan was born, the weight just started creeping up. I didn't even notice until this last spring when we were planning a family week-end trip to Orlando. I pulled out my shorts and none of them fit. They were a little tight when the cold weather started but I didn't think I wouldn't be able to fit into them. So I went and got a few pairs that fit (only three) and promised myself that I would get back on MFP after vacation (had used this site with my SIL 6 months before but only half heartedly).
    Well, after vacation we met some friends for dinner and I made the comment "what a day to go out to dinner, I just started a diet today."
    Well, one of these friends "T" made the comment that went something like..."Shawn seriously, your in your 40's, get over it, your not going to look like you did in your 20's anymore. Your getting old, you should really just accept it."
    Well that comment light a fire in me that I hadn't felt in a while. I was going to show him, hope you like those words buddy cause your going to eat them! That was on April 18th and I was @ 152, for me that was what I weighed at the end of my last pregnancy. Somewhere along the way I've lost the desire to "show him" (okay mostly), and now it's about where I want to be at this point in my life. I've realized that I love working out, it makes my feel great and i handle the stress of daycare much better.
    Okay enough about me and more about the challenge.

Emotional: For me having a week off was a good thing, with school just starting I was having to change my routinue and that wasn't working well, I also had to figure out how I was going to workout when it get cold (that probably won't happen til Dec), since all my weights and treadmill are on our porch (lifting metal weights at 5am in 30degree weather does not sound appealing to me. True Floridaian here, born and raised, I don't do cold!) Anyhoo, I think I have everything workout and I'm ready to go!! Along with this challenge I'm starting Jamie Eason's 12 week program on bodybuilding.com.

Wed: completed hip flexors, and under carbs.
    Thurs: completed push up, should be under cal for today we'll see.
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Got through the workouts today and yesterday, I have every intention to go back outside later and run after josh in his power wheel. My mother in law made us supper last night and she is obviously not sensitive to the fact that I am dieting because she made fried chicken and french fries LOL I ate enough to not be rude, and took a little home with us for lunch today but man it sure made me feel gross for eating something so greasy! Maybe next time I will bring my own salad to her house! Hope everyones having a good day!
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Got through the workouts today and yesterday, I have every intention to go back outside later and run after josh in his power wheel. My mother in law made us supper last night and she is obviously not sensitive to the fact that I am dieting because she made fried chicken and french fries LOL I ate enough to not be rude, and took a little home with us for lunch today but man it sure made me feel gross for eating something so greasy! Maybe next time I will bring my own salad to her house! Hope everyones having a good day!

I encouter the same thing at my sister's house, except in that case I think it is a saboatge thing. She has always been the slim one but in recent years she has gained quite a bit but was still smaller han me. Now we are about the same and if I keep going on the path I'm on I'll be smaller than her in no time. Clearly drives her nuts! Anyways, she is always trying to force food down my throat and even goes so far as to try and pour my salad dressing (if she even made salad). So I started to showup with my own salad with a small container of fat free dressing. I explained that I wasn't trying to be rude to her and that I love her cooking (which may be an exaggeration but I wanted to smooth ruffled feathers) but that it is important that I have food that fits with my dietary plan to supplement the meal she prepares. She thinks I'm crazy but it's hard to argue with someone when they phrase it in a direct but polite manner. So now I can bring my salad/veggies/whatever and have a small portion of her fried chicken, etc so as not to be rude adn the problem is solved. Now if I only I could get her to stop cutting me cake even after I say no! lol!
  • circusmom
    Options

I encouter the same thing at my sister's house, except in that case I think it is a saboatge thing. She has always been the slim one but in recent years she has gained quite a bit but was still smaller han me. Now we are about the same and if I keep going on the path I'm on I'll be smaller than her in no time. Clearly drives her nuts! Anyways, she is always trying to force food down my throat and even goes so far as to try and pour my salad dressing (if she even made salad). So I started to showup with my own salad with a small container of fat free dressing. I explained that I wasn't trying to be rude to her and that I love her cooking (which may be an exaggeration but I wanted to smooth ruffled feathers) but that it is important that I have food that fits with my dietary plan to supplement the meal she prepares. She thinks I'm crazy but it's hard to argue with someone when they phrase it in a direct but polite manner. So now I can bring my salad/veggies/whatever and have a small portion of her fried chicken, etc so as not to be rude adn the problem is solved. Now if I only I could get her to stop cutting me cake even after I say no! lol!

I do this on a regual basis, everytime I have a meal at my in-laws. My MIL is an awful cook, an example: she drains all the water off of canned green beans and replaces it with margrine almost a cup of the stuff. No, I'm serious, the beans are swimming in melted margrine. Makes my stomach cramp just thinking about it. I always bring a BIG salad just incase there is nothing I want to eat.
  • bella_babe_86
    Options

I do this on a regual basis, everytime I have a meal at my in-laws. My MIL is an awful cook, an example: she drains all the water off of canned green beans and replaces it with margrine almost a cup of the stuff. No, I'm serious, the beans are swimming in melted margrine. Makes my stomach cramp just thinking about it. I always bring a BIG salad just incase there is nothing I want to eat.

Well atleast Im not alone on this one! The only problem is my MIL is an amazing cook, she's ran 3 different restaurants...her specialty is good (BADBADBAD) southern cooking LOL, I know she means well but I will deffinetely be bringing my own salad or dressing or something next time around!
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Thursday
    Cardio - Done
    Nutrition - Under calories -Done
    Exercise - 50 pushups (modified as needed) - Done

I don't think I did a introductory thing. So, I will do it now and try not to make it too long! Oh and add my Emotional Challenge too!

I'm Stacey. Mom to a 5 yr old boy, Mr. B and a 3 yr old girl, Miss E. My husband is a hard working man of the railroad. I had gained tons of weight years ago with my ex-husband. We ate out ... a lot. The highest I got to was around 180. I lost about 40-45 of that once we separated. I kept the weight off until I had been with my husband for about a year. The weight crept back on. My husband is about 6 feet tall and skinny as a rail! He can eat anything and everything and not gain an ounce! That does not help! LOL! I went on Weight Watchers and lost whatever I had gained. Great! Then we went house hunting. Bad. Then we got married and had our son. I was hovering around 165-167 after delivering him. Never lost it. Got pregnant a year before I really wanted to with our daughter. Thankfully I did not gain much with her and was able to get back to the mid 160's. Then last year I quit smoking. I gained so much last year. This past January I said that last year was my year to quit smoking and this year was my year to loose this weight! I'm still smoke free and so far this year I'm down 20 pounds! :) I'm a shorty at 5'3" and should NOT weigh what I weigh. I'd love to loose another 10 - 15 before the new year! This fall and holiday season is gonna be a big test!! But I'm headstrong and I will stick with this!

Here is my Emotional Challenge;

I have missed this challenge. I need to be pushed a bit each day to report and complete my day. I did awful over the weekend with food and I know I was way over calories! Don't bother looking ... I did not log all my bad food choices! LOL! Then I caught my kid's cold Monday and felt like I died! LOL! So, I was kinda happy to not have to report anywhere! I did not exercise for like 3 days either!!! O.O I did get back into the groove Tuesday though and totally on-track now! Yay! So ... here we go!
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I have a favor to ask ladies. I am lacking in motivation right now. BIG TIME! Here's the list of reasons I have been using for the last 2-ish weeks for not giving it everything I had:

1) As you may recall, I fell down the stairs and twisted my ankle badly. No break but came really close to tearing stuff. Boo. I have kept to my walking since but have totally backed off on heavy exercise. At first this was legitimate but now I'm pretty sure I'm making excuses for myself. If I twist my ankle oddly or something it does still twinge but at this point I'm willing to bet exercise would help the situation more than harm it, providing I don't do something stupid. So this argument is effectively null.

2) Hormonal. I was having trouble with the type of BC Pill I was on so I switched brands and am experiencing some out of whack hormonal stuff while I adjust. I am very sensitive to this sort of thing so this could be a real thing. I really felt the first few days but now it's been a week and I'm fine. So I need to stop telling myself I'm allowed to eat what I shouldn't eat because of hormones. That's total BS!!

3) I'm tired. perhaps do to seasonal change? Perhaps because I've been busting my butt for 4 months and I'm a little tuckered out? Either way, I've had a break and I know from experience that when I have a solid workout in the morning I have more energy all day.

4) and this is the one I'm most afraid of. I'm destined to be fat. I've lost 35.5lbs and my brain keeps telling me I am entitled to a treat. Except one treat becomes two becomes three, etc. My point here is that weight loss for me is not just about the physical effort. It is a mind game. And right now, my fa-girlt brain is winning. How can I counteract this? Well... I'm not really sure. But I figure a good place to start would be to share all of this with you and get your feedback. Also, typing it out forces me to acknowledge the lameness of my own excuses (and let's be honest, they are LAME!!!). But most importantly, this is my small way of telling my fat-girl brain to SHUT THE #%@^ UP!!!! I know I've got the ability to do this. I've done it for four months with fantastic results! There is willpower somewhere deep down in here, and I think I just found a speck of it.

So here's the favor I would like to ask: If you don't see "26 mins circuit training, general" beside my name tomorrow morning, give me hell! On here, private message, whatever. Because I'm setting the alarm for 530 tomorrow morning and I know my fat-girl brain is gonna pipe up and tell me to go back to bed. And I think I may need the added encouragement of all the Motivated Momma's on my *kitten* to get myself up and out of bed. Cuz I don't want to let our group down. And more than that, I don't want to let myself down.

Phew! all of that has helped me feel a little more motivated. Thanks for listening! See you in the morning :wink:
  • circusmom
    Options
    I have a favor to ask ladies. I am lacking in motivation right now. BIG TIME! Here's the list of reasons I have been using for the last 2-ish weeks for not giving it everything I had:

1) As you may recall, I fell down the stairs and twisted my ankle badly. No break but came really close to tearing stuff. Boo. I have kept to my walking since but have totally backed off on heavy exercise. At first this was legitimate but now I'm pretty sure I'm making excuses for myself. If I twist my ankle oddly or something it does still twinge but at this point I'm willing to bet exercise would help the situation more than harm it, providing I don't do something stupid. So this argument is effectively null.

2) Hormonal. I was having trouble with the type of BC Pill I was on so I switched brands and am experiencing some out of whack hormonal stuff while I adjust. I am very sensitive to this sort of thing so this could be a real thing. I really felt the first few days but now it's been a week and I'm fine. So I need to stop telling myself I'm allowed to eat what I shouldn't eat because of hormones. That's total BS!!

3) I'm tired. perhaps do to seasonal change? Perhaps because I've been busting my butt for 4 months and I'm a little tuckered out? Either way, I've had a break and I know from experience that when I have a solid workout in the morning I have more energy all day.

4) and this is the one I'm most afraid of. I'm destined to be fat. I've lost 35.5lbs and my brain keeps telling me I am entitled to a treat. Except one treat becomes two becomes three, etc. My point here is that weight loss for me is not just about the physical effort. It is a mind game. And right now, my fa-girlt brain is winning. How can I counteract this? Well... I'm not really sure. But I figure a good place to start would be to share all of this with you and get your feedback. Also, typing it out forces me to acknowledge the lameness of my own excuses (and let's be honest, they are LAME!!!). But most importantly, this is my small way of telling my fat-girl brain to SHUT THE #%@^ UP!!!! I know I've got the ability to do this. I've done it for four months with fantastic results! There is willpower somewhere deep down in here, and I think I just found a speck of it.

So here's the favor I would like to ask: If you don't see "26 mins circuit training, general" beside my name tomorrow morning, give me hell! On here, private message, whatever. Because I'm setting the alarm for 530 tomorrow morning and I know my fat-girl brain is gonna pipe up and tell me to go back to bed. And I think I may need the added encouragement of all the Motivated Momma's on my *kitten* to get myself up and out of bed. Cuz I don't want to let our group down. And more than that, I don't want to let myself down.

Phew! all of that has helped me feel a little more motivated. Thanks for listening! See you in the morning :wink:

If it makes you feel better, my alarm is set for 5am too!! I'll be right there with ya, doing wha needs to be done!!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Lynda-
    I can relate to #3 and #4 for sure, I have been feeling this way all week. I have to pump myself back up some how. I know I can do this! I just have to find my drive again.
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options

Lynda- I am sure, if I dont see 26 mins circuit training when i wake up (since you are already one hour ahead i guess), I'm gonna message you everywhere..lol

But yes, today was my craving day, in the afternoon i wanted to have chocolates and for dinner I had like i was hungry for a week.. but yes i did exercise more today and shall repeat it tomorrow to burn my dinner portion.. :-) I hope this makes you little more motivated..
  • momof2_0710
    momof2_0710 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thursday
    Nutrition - Under calories: Complete under by 1 calorie lol
    Exercise - 50 pushups (modified as needed) Did this with insanity day 3

I added my calories burned!~

I also added my point for the emo challenge since I did that one yesterday.
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I'm not going to be able to do measurements this morning because I don't have anything to measure with. We only have "regular" tape measurers, like with tools. But I'm going to the store after my morning walk when Casyn wakes up and I'll pick one up then and measure myself this afternoon.

Here's a little introduction about myself and anyone feel free to ask any questions you'd all like :)

Hi, my name is Amy. I am a SAHM to my 2 year old son, Casyn. I also have a 7 year old son, Caeleb, who is in second grade. My husband in Russ and we live in the DFW area of Texas, but are originally from Missouri. I started my weight loss journey last September. It has been a slow, gradual change for me. I decided to just start walking more and eating smaller portions. That changed into eating slightly healthier and then I found MFP in January and started tracking/calorie counting and exercising more. The only exercise I do is walking (pushing Casyn in the stroller) around the subdivision and playing Wii games (EA Sports Active 2, Just Dance 2, Wii Fit Plus, and Wii Sports). I have lost 94 lbs. so far, but right now I'm extremely unhappy with the way my body looks. I have a lot of extra skin and it's really dragging me down mentally. I'm hoping that I can soon move past it, but that's what's up with me right now, LOL.

As for how I did without a challenge this past week, I honestly wasn't sure what to do with myself at first. I had gotten into such a routine of "following" what we were supposed to be doing that it kinda knocked me off balance. But, I was proud of myself, I still worked out, some days even more than I normally would. I did good with my food and I lost 2 lbs.

So nice to "meet" you! Congrats on the weight loss; way to go!!
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    I think we all probably have that fat-girl mentality, I know I do! (I ate like one tonight too) But being here and doing what we're doing is just proof that there is a skinny girl under all the fluff just waiting to get out! We just gotta find ways to make that skinny girl a little more bossy than the fat girl! Im glad that you were able to get all of this off your shoulders and let it out, we all make "lame" excuses for ourselves, I just continue telling myself that this decision I made is the same decision I made when I decided I wanted to have a child, I cannot just give up on him because im tired or he's throwing a fit, therefore I cannot give up on getting healthy, even though my mind, body or hormones are throwing a tantrum of their own.
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I just wanted to check in really quick before I head to bed. Pretty good day today, I did my strength training and was able to play outside with my little man. Hope it was a great day for everyone!!!
  • amyelizbradley
    Options

I know how you feel and honestly what I have discovered for myself is that there is always "something" else that sets me up to not take care of myself (whether that be lack of motivation, bad self talk, unhealthy eating, not working out etc.) When I began to feel that way, I noticed that there was something in my life that I needed to re-adjust/ handle differently. To make an incredibly loooong story short: I stopped and did some soul searching, partially on my own, and partially with a therapist. I discovered that the usual culprit is stress; my therapist helped me devise strategies to negotiate around my negative self talk & helped me recognize when I needed to take care of myself (& ways to do so). I am nowhere near getting it "right" every time but I am sabotaging myself less and less; it's a journey, no doubt....

I'll be right here supporting you to the best of my ability; here's to the new challenge!
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    I think we all probably have that fat-girl mentality, I know I do! (I ate like one tonight too) But being here and doing what we're doing is just proof that there is a skinny girl under all the fluff just waiting to get out! We just gotta find ways to make that skinny girl a little more bossy than the fat girl! Im glad that you were able to get all of this off your shoulders and let it out, we all make "lame" excuses for ourselves, I just continue telling myself that this decision I made is the same decision I made when I decided I wanted to have a child, I cannot just give up on him because im tired or he's throwing a fit, therefore I cannot give up on getting healthy, even though my mind, body or hormones are throwing a tantrum of their own.

I really like the way that you said exactly what was swimming around in my head; thanks for sharing!
  • amyelizbradley
    Options

THANKS! I'm checking this one out!