Motivated Mama's ( Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    So, the only "official" exercise that I got today was doing the bridges. I got all 50 completed just now. I was also under my sodium today. And I'll go enter my 0 on the spreadsheet now :)

My goal tomorrow is to get my morning walk in and then possibly doing some Wii exercises too, but I hope to at least get the walk in. Weekends are difficult for me to exercise due to my hubby and older son being home, but I figure since this is a lifestyle change, I should do what I'll do for my life, which for me personally, is to spend more time with them instead of working out. We'll see what tomorrow's plans are, though.
  • lprunty
    lprunty Posts: 108
    Options
    Check in for today

Under sodium- yup :-)
    calories burned-306 Not too bad
    50 bridges- up next!

A decent day. Tomorrow I get to go hiking with a friend. :-)
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great day!!!

Today is my off day, so I will get my exercises in tomorrow, I will also do my bridges from today tomorrow... Can we still do that and get points?!

I was under my sodium though! YAY!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great day!!!

Today is my off day, so I will get my exercises in tomorrow, I will also do my bridges from today tomorrow... Can we still do that and get points?!

I was under my sodium though! YAY!

ya that is okay with me to do them tomorrow.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Here comes my truth!
    I have to get my head back in this, I was way over sodium today! I made homemade enchiladas for dinner. (not the healthy version) My husband is hispanic and his family makes fabulous mexican foor so his mom tought me the recipe.
    So this week has been a roller coaster for me, I have been self sabataging and I am acting like the old me. I find myself feeling like I will never be thin or healthy. I almost made it to my 1st goal of 30 lbs loss, only have 0.4 lbs to go but after this week I wouldn't be surprised if I gained. I start thinking somedays that I have lost almost 30 lbs and that is amazing but other days I focus on how far I have to go.:grumble:
    Starting the SAHMU Group and this one has been such a help and inspiration to me, I just need to find a way to get back to where I was 2 weeks ago. Find that drive and determination I had.
    Thank you for letting me vent a little and I am so sorry to put negativity on our thread but I figured this is a place for not only our truimphs but our downfalls too.
  • lprunty
    lprunty Posts: 108
    Options
    Here comes my truth!
    I have to get my head back in this, I was way over sodium today! I made homemade enchiladas for dinner. (not the healthy version) My husband is hispanic and his family makes fabulous mexican foor so his mom tought me the recipe.
    So this week has been a roller coaster for me, I have been self sabataging and I am acting like the old me. I find myself feeling like I will never be thin or healthy. I almost made it to my 1st goal of 30 lbs loss, only have 0.4 lbs to go but after this week I wouldn't be surprised if I gained. I start thinking somedays that I have lost almost 30 lbs and that is amazing but other days I focus on how far I have to go.:grumble:
    Starting the SAHMU Group and this one has been such a help and inspiration to me, I just need to find a way to get back to where I was 2 weeks ago. Find that drive and determination I had.
    Thank you for letting me vent a little and I am so sorry to put negativity on our thread but I figured this is a place for not only our truimphs but our downfalls too.

I think we all have our up and down times. I know I certainly do. What's important is that you recognize your old patterns so you can do something about it, and you are!! You are such a great motivator for all of us. I see that you have lost almost 30 lbs and it makes me think that I can do it as well. Keep up the good fight and you will succeed! I have faith in you. :-)
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Here comes my truth!

Karie,

You motivate all of us so much.. Eating wise, even I haven't been extremely good this week.. I feel like having all the unhealthy food.. But yes it was for 2 days and I am slowly coming back.. I have been telling to myself that I need to exercise more and have been working out.. Take some time off, do some introspection and relax...What I do is, I go in front of the mirror and look at myself with a huge belly.. and keep telling to myself that I need to reduce and reach my goal... and yes i will soon... there are few dresses in my closet which doesn't fit me very well and I will be able to wear those only when i reduce and look better...

You work so hard and I am sure you will back to the same Karie who was 2 weeks back.. :-)

30 lbs is a very long way...thats really amazing.. I wish if I could go so far..
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    So I want to get everyone involved in preparing the challenges so for next week I need:

Momof2_0710 & amyelizbradley to come up with a cardio Challenge

LoveNevrNds & Linake11 to come up with the Strength challenge

sisa2324 & SunshineKB to come up with the Food Challenge

circusmom & mom2caelebncasyn to come up with the emotional challenge

Send it to me on my profile in a msg and I will put it together and post it, every week I will assign teams to come up with some part of the challenge, I think this will help keep it interesting.

Thank you in Advance ladies!

GREAT idea; I definitively agree! Okay here's my contribution for next week:

Cardio challenge ideas = for a minimum of 3 days, do a different cardio exercise AND maintain a range of 60% - 70% of your maximum heart rate (optimal for fat loss) for 20 minutes minimum, not including a warm-up & cool down, (this can be a collective total, i.e. you can do intervals). Check out the link for a Reference Guide to Aerobic Exercise and a "Target Heart Rate" calculator.

Hope that this is what you are looking for!
    Thanks Karie!

This is great! As long as I can figure out my heart rate, I don't have an HRM.

Check out the link that I posted... there is an article on there on how to take your heart rate and figure it all out; it's easier with a HRM but you don't have to have one! ;)
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    Here comes my truth!

Wow... today is the day for truth... so here's mine...
    I am at a similar place for myself today; even re-setting my weekly loss to "maintenance" I still was waaaay over my cals... I too am so close to my goals that as I see myself slipping back into my past emotional/ mindless eating self, I get frustrated. Today was a tiring day with my husband gone on a trip & me alone with both ever so demanding kids... I was nosing around the kitchen & pantry, trying to find something that would satisfy that emotional food craving & I found some chocolate that my Mom had hid in my freezer the last time she visited (she does this all the time with candy/ high fat snacks etc. at her own house) and unfortunately my strength was really weak... well, needless to say I reverted to the "old" me. I haven't been like this in so long- I keep telling myself that tomorrow's a new day, get back on the wagon, etc. etc. but it hurts TODAY; it's frustrating TODAY...

I am thankful that you vented a little Karie; we need to see that and share ALL of our experiences; it helped me feel that I'm not alone on a really tough day.
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    Sa. 9/23 (posted on SAHMU regroup thread & on spreadsheet)
    CARDIO:
    Input calories burned? yes
    Nutrition: Under sodium? yes (amazing)
    Exercise: 50 bridges? yes

:noway:
    :explode:
    :grumble:
    :frown:
    :ohwell:
  • asteingiesser
    Options
    Hi, My name is Amanda. I am a military wife. My daughter is 8 weeks old.I have had some trouble getting motivated to get back into the swing of things. I used to go to the gym 5 days a week and work out for at least 1 hour, not to mention had a really good diet. I had already lost 15 lbs when I got sick and had to stop exercising. After I got over that (about 6 weeks later), I found out I was pregnant and just didn't have the motivation to start back at that point. I had a bout of depression around the same time due to moving to a new place, where I had no family and no friends. I was unemployed and kept getting rejected by possible employers. I have since started working (and returned to work post pregnancy) to a full time job as a probation officer. I do not have access to a gym that offers day care during times that I can go and I prefer exercising in a gym. It keeps me honest. Exercising in the home is possible but not something I am very famliar with. I have and pull up bar and a body ball to work with right now. I did not want to invest a lot of money into something if I wasn't going to stick with it. I hoping I can get the support to keep things going.
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Amanda. I am a military wife. My daughter is 8 weeks old.I have had some trouble getting motivated to get back into the swing of things. I used to go to the gym 5 days a week and work out for at least 1 hour, not to mention had a really good diet. I had already lost 15 lbs when I got sick and had to stop exercising. After I got over that (about 6 weeks later), I found out I was pregnant and just didn't have the motivation to start back at that point. I had a bout of depression around the same time due to moving to a new place, where I had no family and no friends. I was unemployed and kept getting rejected by possible employers. I have since started working (and returned to work post pregnancy) to a full time job as a probation officer. I do not have access to a gym that offers day care during times that I can go and I prefer exercising in a gym. It keeps me honest. Exercising in the home is possible but not something I am very famliar with. I have and pull up bar and a body ball to work with right now. I did not want to invest a lot of money into something if I wasn't going to stick with it. I hoping I can get the support to keep things going.
    [/quote

Amanda Welcome!!! We are so happy to have you as a part of this challenge!!!
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Since I went sooooo far over on my sodium yesterday, I really looked at what I'm eating that has so much salt. Well, I learned some things that I didn't know, and I'm really hoping that someone else didn't know these facts also, so I don't feel quite so foolish. Almost everything I eat has naturally occuring sodiun. My morning poached egg, has sodium. My beloved tapinaki veggies, yep, they all have sodium, from the zucchini to the onion, all of 'em. And the oyster sauce I use to stir fry those wonderful veggies, OMG it might as well have a whole salt lick!!! Then there is the fake crab meat that I had (apparently anything from the ocean has very high sodium levels due to the fact that it lives in ....wait for it........SALT WATER!!!!) The only thing I can adjust for my diary is the green beans, since I entered "green beans" not "no salt added green beans".
    So anyhoo, I'm just amazed that for the most part I eat pretty healthy, but everything I eat has sodium, whether it's there naturally, from being processed or if I add it for flavor...I'm just doomed on this one.
    I guess it's a good thing I drink a LOT of water durning the day!!!!

Edited to add: Oh, and even the crystal light I love has 30g per 8oz serving.....and I drink around 3 quarts of it a day!!!
  • sisa2324
    sisa2324 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Okay, so after a week and a bit of slacking, I decided today that I'm back. I won't be going as full out on the exercising as I was during the month of august, but am going to make a much larger effort. So hopefully I will have all of you to help keep me accountable. On a different note, has anyone else noticed the healthy food choices becoming much easier to make? It's become such a habit, and have found some great new recipes, that eating well has been pretty fun. I tend not to like having leftovers because that means I might not be cooking the next day. Still have a problem with sweets, but at least meals are much easier now.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I had a good day overall :)

Got exercise in this morning, went to the movies and saw Lion King 3D with my boys and hubby this afternoon (and we eat had a semi-healthy snack! I had a packge of animal crackers, the boys shared some Kashi cereal with raisins, and DH had a granola bar).

Then came home and just finished up my skater squats for the day.

3 points for me! :)
  • SunshineKB
    SunshineKB Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    hey just wanted to heck in! I had a surprise visitor this weekend (my close friend I haven't seen in a while came & surprised me for my bday) so I have not been on here but I will get caught up to date tomorrow night! I am still trucking along, sorry I haven't been present on the forum
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Okay, so after a week and a bit of slacking, I decided today that I'm back. I won't be going as full out on the exercising as I was during the month of august, but am going to make a much larger effort. So hopefully I will have all of you to help keep me accountable. On a different note, has anyone else noticed the healthy food choices becoming much easier to make? It's become such a habit, and have found some great new recipes, that eating well has been pretty fun. I tend not to like having leftovers because that means I might not be cooking the next day. Still have a problem with sweets, but at least meals are much easier now.

totally agree! my husband and I were having that conversation earlier because we were at a friend's place last night and there was lots of junk out and we were both drawn to the veggies more than the chips, etc. healthy food is starting to feel like a natural choice! WIN!
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Today has been my rest day and my hubby is travelling.. So feeling bored at home, took a walk in the park for sometime and again i was bored..Probably I am not used to staying alone... TOM is here, so feeling uncomfortable.. Watched a movie, but again i was bored..lol.. Tomorrow is going to be a better day.. :-)
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Hellooo! Today ended up being a rest day for me too-- I knew it was going to be crazy, as we had church, I had a work party this afternoon, and then we stayed for supper at the friend's house who was watching my kids for the afternoon. I had great plans of getting in a workout when I got home and the kids to bed, but I was gathering up stuff for the Diabetes Pick-up ( has to be out there for 8 am!) and now it's 11:00. I figure I'll get my rest in-- starting 30DS tomorrow!!

Annoying though.. I'm over in my everything though! Well, except my protein.. crud.

Much love to you all! Muah!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Here comes my truth!

Thank you all for your support, wow I needed it yesterday!

I am feeling much better today, I woke up early and went on a 35min brisk walk and it made my whole day better. I know that through this I am going to have rough weeks, I just have to try not to let it drag me down for an entire week. I cannot undo what I have done to myself, I can only move forward. I start work this Thursday as alot of you know and I think I was having alot of anxiety about it so instead of dealing with it, well I was eating it! I took today and really just tried to remember all the reasons I am here fighting for this, and tried to pay attention to the fact that I have worked hard and I have come so far. All of your kind words helped me with that.

Today
    Cardio - Done
    Skater Squats- Done
    Yesterdays Strength- Done (today)
    Under Carbs- Done

Feeling Motivated again--- Yay! I can say Done! :happy: