We're Losing It-Biggest Loser Challenge (closed group)

Options
Hey everyone! I decided to start a thread so everyone can introduce themselves and get to know each other and who you are competing against. You can also "friend" each other if you want. How about to start...your name, age and a couple of facts about yourself, fun or otherwise!

I'll be posting info here and on my status from now on, so you can check either place...and feel free to post anything you want here too. I'll be reading it a couple of times a day to keep up. If you're not familiar with threads, once you respond, this thread will be in your topics and you can then refer to it any time.

Welcome, let's get losing, and everyone have fun!:smile:

Brandi

Replies

• EricaSno28
    Options
    Hi all!!!! I'm Erica - 29 & holding ... from South Lousiana (GO SAINTS!!) ... just trying to get back to a much healthier, happier me. I've have much success so far through MFP ... but always looking for a challange. They keep me going! Feel free to add me if you would like ... I love making new friends.... People call me "smiley" because no matter what I always carry a smile!

sooooo.... Cheers to us!
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My name is Christy. I am 34 yrs old, happily married, work full time and I have 4 children under the age of 10. So, you can know that I am busy!!! I started @ 160 lbs and am now @ 144 lbs. My goal is 135 lbs. I have not really lost any weight all summer long. Actually, I have gained 2.5 lbs as my lowest weight was 141.5. That was before vacations, camping, weddings, outings, etc. I was fine with maintaining through the summer but now it's time to start losing again. For exercise, I do a little kickboxing, bike riding and will be starting back up Jillian Michaels. Let's do this!!!!
  • ged630
    ged630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am Gayle 35, Married for 12 years (Happily 95% of the time) , work full time, have 3 kids, 16, 9, and 3. Also have PCOS but am not currently being treated for it. I was down 26 pounds in May but have gained some of that back (Currently down 15 pounds). :( But I know I can do it. Finding the time to workout is a struggle for me. Let the challenge began!!!!
  • 2011_4mygirls
    2011_4mygirls Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Good morning! My name is Bobbi and I am 35. I am the mother of 3 beautiful daughters (18,10, 8). My husband and I have been together for 18 years and married for 12. I have struggled with weight for most of my adult life. I reached my highest in 2007 weighing 226 pounds. I have slowy lost down to 197 (did reach 180 last year and gained back 17).

Exercise has always been hard for me to stick with. I am praying that I found my secret motivation on Monday of this week. I used my husband's ipod and fell in love with it. Music is what has been missing!! SO, I had to get myself one and I have already loaded it with music! WOW - what a difference. I actually woke up at 4:45 AM this morning to make it to the gym b/c the rest of my day is very busy!!!!

I look forward to getting to know everyone who is involved with this challenge!!!

SW = 197.4
    GW = 180 (for this challenge)
  • alisons7598
    alisons7598 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! My name is Alison and I'm 36 yrs old. I have been married for nearly 13 yrs ( will be on Monday, lol) and have 5 amazing kids. My step-son is 15 but you will see me refer to him as my oldest since I have been with his dad since he was just 2 and consider him my blood child:) I also have a 12 yr old son and 3 daughters 4, 8 ,and 10. I am a SAHM and since my husband works really odd hours I am a busy mom with after school activities, homework, preschool, ect. I have lost over 120 pounds since I joined MFP and love challenges because they help keep me focused and on track. Feel free to friend me so we can support each other:)
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Hello friends! My name is Kim, I'm 38, single, no kids. I've been working seriously on this journey for a year now and started at 291.5, now down to 201.5. I love a challenge and can't think of better people to be with in that challenge:) For exercise I love my Step Classes and I've missed them lately due to a calf strain but next week I plan on getting right back at it. It's been too long since I've had my big burns:) Now let's do this!
  • mjawesome
    mjawesome Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello all! You guys all sound great :) My name is Mandy and today is my 6th month anniversary of my lifestyle change! I joined the group because I'm in a bit of a slump of 'what do i do now?' my weight loss has slowed, so I think it will be some good motivation. I have lots of kids ;p and a wonderful husband ;)
  • SunSand76
    SunSand76 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi Peeps!

My name is Holly, I'm 35 and live in western Canada. I have 2 girlies (16 & 12). I work full time and life is busy! I started my lifestyle change (aka - My mission to stop being fat) in November 2010. To date I've lost about 65 pounds, want to lose another 20, maybe more! Currently I'm doing the Couch to 5k running program for the second time around. I'm not a great runner...but I want to be :) I have a 5k run in Disneyland coming up in January so I need to prepare for that. On my non-c25k days I like to take brisk walks, and once and in a while I bike. Trying to do as much outdoor activity as I can before it snows.
    I'm excited about this BL Challenge that Brandi is organizing for us.

Feel free to add me as a friend, love having fun motivated individuals to interact with.

Take care,

Holly :0)
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    My name is Michelle and I am 31 years old. I have a 7 year old daughter and a 5 year old son. I work full time as a pediatric vent/trach nurse and I am a student as well - I am working on my 2 year RN degree. I have tried many times to lose weight and have not been very successful but this time seems to be going better all around. I have lost 60 pounds and hope to lose at least 10 more (which will put me at my first goal - to be below 200 for the first time since I can remember). I tried to do the C25K program but had a very difficult time getting into it so I made a modified version for myself. I walked my first 5K in June, jogged/walked one in August, and walked a second one in August as well. I am doing 3 more 5K's before the end of the year as well. I love walking but wish that I had more time to do it. I am looking forward to doing this challenge and wish everybody luck :) Feel free to add me as a friend and we can encourage eachother as we go.
  • kimcat73
    Options
    Omg, I just need to share .... if you have an Ipod/Ipad/Iphone, try out the Nike Training Camp app. It is really a good workout and there are so many options to choose from! Anyone else have a good tips to share?
  • loseit4ever
    loseit4ever Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Omg, I just need to share .... if you have an Ipod/Ipad/Iphone, try out the Nike Training Camp app. It is really a good workout and there are so many options to choose from! Anyone else have a good tips to share?

OMG...I STILL need to try this! I WILL do it Friday. It looks so good!
  • Fitformykids
    Options
    My name is Scott and, as many of you know, I am Brandi's (loseit4ever) husband. I am 38 and have 3 wonderfull kids.
    2 boys age 6 and 4(almost 5) and our girl...1( 2 in Jan) I started this journey in January this year. I was getting to the point
    that I was concerned I wasn't going to be here for my wife and kids, when they get older(the kids...not my wife). I have struggled with my weight for my whole adult life. I lose weight VERY easly but lack the will power to continue and keep it off. A year ago I
    lost 35 pounds only to gain that and another 15 back. I started running a little this year and even ran the Warrior Dash.
    LOVED IT!!!
    I am very excited for this challenge!! My goal was to lose 75 pounds this year. At the rate I am going, if I hit it now...I will have lost
    at least 100. That includes all of the weight that I have lost...gained...lost....gained...etc. The goal is to go from 250 downto 175.

I love my MFP peeps...THEY ROCK!!!
    Friend me....I love new friends. I try to be supportive to all. Sometimes....I don't do the greatest but like everybody.....we are all busy.

LETS GET IT DONE!!!!
  • kimcat73
    Options

OMG...I STILL need to try this! I WILL do it Friday. It looks so good!

Did the Hurricane today and it kicked my butt! We are talking dripping sweat! LOL
  • mikeyken
    mikeyken Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My name is Michelle (or Mikey since there are 2 here:) ) and I am also 31. I have 3 kids (7,6 and 2). I've been doing this for 4 months now and have lost about 36 lbs total. I try to get my exercise in while the kids are asleep so that means I do all inside type of stuff unless I'm out playing with the kids. I have a good wii exercise program called EA sports active personal trainer. I love it, but would love more wii suggestions if anyone has them cuz kinda gettin old. I have also done Jillian's 30 day shred and am working on week 4 C25K.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Rebecca. I just turned 28. I'm married to a wonderfully supportive man, and we have a black cat furbaby named El Bandito. I joined this challenge because, well, I wanted to. I've been part of BL at work and finished in the top 5 both times. I like having weekly checkins and reminders, the support, and the friendly competition. Lately my focus has wavered, so I need this to help get me back on track.

I'm about halfway through my journey. I'm planning to lose between 120-140, depending on where my body performs its best. I meet a personal trainer once a week, jog 3-4x a week, and ride my bike a lot. I'm looking forward to running outside this winter. I can't stand the treadmill, and I've actually broken mine twice while running :) My goal is to run a marathon in 2 years.

I'm excited about this. We got this, guys!
  • mom2alexandmatt
    Options
    Hi! My name is Melanie and I'm 38 years old, mother of 2 boys, ages 8 and almost 16. They are the center of my universe! I joined MFP in January and have lost 42 lbs during that time. I haven't lost any weight in about the past 6 weeks however. I've been crazy busy with work and my kids and haven't been as dedicated to my fitness. This challenge is just what I need to get me out my slump however! We are having family pictures taken on November 6th, and I'd like to lose 8lbs by then. That's 6 weeks to get my butt in gear! I do have some knee issues that keep me from being able to run or do alot of jumping, so I try to do low impact workouts. I look forward to geting to know you all through this challenge!
    Good luck everyone and happy losing!

:flowerforyou:
  • loseit4ever
    loseit4ever Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hey Peeps! How's everyone doing with the challenge so far?? I'm doing really well this week, so I'm excited! For some reason when I decided organize this, all my determination came back!! I'm going to let us all get through this first week, and then I'm going to start doing some challenges for prizes here and there.

I know a couple of you mentioned putting in some cash (like $5 per person) to use to get a prize for the winner at the end or to use as a cash prize. What do you think? Scott and I are going to try to get a couple of donations to give as prizes for certain challenges along the way also.

Don't feel like you HAVE to do any challenge, but everything we are going to do is just to try to help all of us stay on track and get where we want to be!

Thanks to all of you for joining and giving me ideas! I love you guys!:heart:
  • mom2alexandmatt
    Options
    I'm not having the greatest week... I'm so crazy busy at work and stressed beyond belief. It's leaving me mentally exhausted. I have been working from home at night and not fitting in any exercise, except on Monday. I'm hoping that the weekend lets me unwind (though I will still be working from home). I am MAKING A COMMITMENT to exercise and eat well from here on out!!!
  • SunSand76
    Options
    Hi guys :)

I'm having a decent week so far, exercising each day. I've been a little on the tired side and have fantasies of blowing off workouts in favor of extra sleep, but so far I've kept myself in check in that dept. My eating has also been good this week and I'm continuing to make good decisions overall. However, going out for beers with a co-worker tonight. Even though they will fit into my calorie allotment today, alcohol is alcohol and my body tends to treat it like it's a big 'ol bag of sugar. So we'll see. I plan on drinking lots of water again tomorrow to keep my system flushed. I've managed to not completely deprive myself over the last 10 months and still lose weight, I don't intend to start now. Gotta live (everything in moderation of course!!).

Wishing everyone great success and awesome days ahead :D

Holly•*•*•*•
  • SunSand76
    Options
    Good for you! Way to re-committ yourself!