HOW COULD SOMEONE DO THAT?!

Options

Replies

• feliciapeters
    Options
    we had that happen at my work frequently.... so I made a cake and put exlax in it..lol... we found out who the culprit was

really? even more childish than stealing someones lunch.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    we had that happen at my work frequently.... so I made a cake and put exlax in it..lol... we found out who the culprit was

Such judgement...
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    you would think people grow up eventually. nope. doesn't happen. :grumble:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Back in the 70's, someone was getting into my luch on a regular basis in the corporate lunch room. Left him a little something in a sandwich. It stopped after that. I'd like to tell you what I did, but not sure what the statute of limitations is on such a thing.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Back in the 70's, someone was getting into my luch on a regular basis in the corporate lunch room. Left him a little something in a sandwich. It stopped after that. I'd like to tell you what I did, but not sure what the statute of limitations is on such a thing.

:drinker:
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    It has not happened to me but has happened to several people I work with. We have some, let's say, contract laborers who are, um, ok geez, work release guys. The first time things happened people lunches were stolen, huge cans of coffe went missing among other things. Now, it is starting to happen again. They may be cheap labor, but really, is it worth all of that.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    That really sucks. Unfortunately, it is a common occurrence in workplaces and dorm rooms! I would suggest buying a double zipper bag and getting one of those lunch box combo locks to go around it (not easy to pick like a diary lock and they are made to be light weight for your lunch bag). :) I've never experienced this, but I had a friend who did. She explained it after I asked, "Why the heck do you have a combo lock on your lunch bag???" I couldn't believe that people would do that.

Another tip, if you have someone that is just stealing drinks (which may not fit in your bag) and they deny it every single time and you know who it is, and they are those plastic bottles with the wrappers, you can just unroll the wrapper and initial it on the inside and then stick it back on. When they deny it you can take it off and show them. :P
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    This happens at my work all the time. It's really annoying, especially for those who know me - if someone came to me and said "Hey I'm really hungry, I have no food/money/etc..." I would give them my lunch or my "mad money" ($5.00 I hide in my wallet).

But to just flat eat my food or take a bite and put it back...wtf? That's just not cool.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Make them pay for it
  • krik84
    Options
    I'm with you- someone stole my raisins out of my desk drawer. Who steal raisins??- I think some people must just have sticky fingers (pun intended)
  • staceyrrad
    staceyrrad Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Some people are so negative on here, haha, it's not the end of the world for me, it was just a shock for it to happen in the first place.

I had actually stumbled upon who the culprit was, I'm not allowed to do/say anything because it has to do with me, so I am waiting to see what 'my' manager will do about it. Nothing crazy. Everyone's been hiding their food in the their lockers now though, aw. :frown:

The gentleman who took my food was a guy that I had actually borrowed some money to the previous week in order for him to get home easy by cab or whatever, because he had a lot of stuff to carry one day. Go figure.

However today....

He asked to borrow my P90X dvds. Seriously dude? Really. WTF?
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Entertaining story. You'll have to let us all know how it turns out.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I am imagining a few scenarios here and all of them are deserving of a high five and a shot of whiskey.
  • Norton1971
    Norton1971 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It happened to my brother on a regular basis. So, he put dog food in his sandwich one day and as usual someone stole it. They never went missing after that. LOL. Not that I recommend anyone to do this but it was funny.
  • NostalgicDruid
    Options
    I had a problem with the women I used to work with stealing my coffee creamer. No one would admit to it, so I filled up an empty bottle of half milk/half vinegar and put it in the fridge. Nobody took any after that.

lol...I have the same problem. I think I should try this....
  • baldchocnsexy
    Options
    I hope you catch the 'sumb%^$@!
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    it's so hard for me to imagine how people can do this. like, I see 3 scenarios:
    1. the person also brought a chicken wrap to lunch, and accidentally ate yours
    2. someone brought lunch, picked up yours by mistake, took a bite, realized they were wrong- to which the appropriate action would be to find out whose it was and apologize profusely
    3. someone's a lunch-stealing *kitten*

sounds like you either encountered a very shy 2 or a 3. who the hell purposely eats someone else's lunch?
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    That's terrible. . . Sorry you had to go through that. . Hope this doesn't happen again. . hugs!
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

Really? I don't think that's childish. It's an effective way to put a halt to the problem. On a grander scale, should we not try to catch criminals in the act either?
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    It isn't just the wrap- it's the fact that they took it in the first place. Just plain disrespectful. I would take a cooler and keep it by your purse. :)