Dating someone on MFP?

Options

Replies

• Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    Online is truly I great way to meet women. I dated a super model I met online for two years. She was so busy with photo shoots we never got to meet in person. Ahhh the memories.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    No one here is going to be all that taken by what I look like,that is okay.
    Most friend requests have been because someone liked my bizarre at times sense of humor.
    It has still made for great friendships so just be who you are and take a deep breath and understand that it is stuff like that what people really care about as far as being friends.
  • RobMacca1
    RobMacca1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I defo would, i think MFP is the best for this as the usual dating sites are a little sleezy and this way you know you have a common ground.

too bad nobody will have me eh.....
  • RobMacca1
    RobMacca1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm all for it! There are some hotties around these parts!
    I totally agree, I got my eye on someone ;) lol

Lol!! Does he know??

I think so, Not sure if he feels the same way. lol

i honestly had no idea.....
  • BuffTexan
    Options
    Being serious here... I'm 45 yrs old, not many ladies MY age that are into fitness at the same level I am (generally speaking). I had a 32 yr old gf about 6 months ago but that didn't work out. So it only makes sense to find a like-minded person on a website that's all about eating right and exercising! :)

The short version: I found someone through MFP :heart:

shhhh, you weren't supposed to SAY anything about us, lol
    Oh crap! I meant... uhhh... online dating is soooo hard... :wink:
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    If I was ever back on the market, hell yeah! I've met some great people on here that would probably be great dating material! :p

me?right?
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    bahahahahaha Just posted a status asking if this was a fitness site or dating site incognito

You didn`t get the memo on that? unsure.gif

Apparently not! :blushing:
    I can see though how it could happen....dating is difficult and you know you already have this one thing in common...
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Why should it matter where you meet them...a fitness site, a club, the gym, work? If you have common interests and are attracted to someone why not??

I agree whole-heartedly... if it works, it works. :bigsmile:
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    I was interested, they were interested, and the distance factor was within reason - Sure why not?
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    I agree, this absolutely happens, and I see nothing wrong with it. I think meeting online can be a great way to meet because you are really forced to talk and get to know the actual person. And, I think being online can also make it easier to truly be yourself! The only downside is you have to be careful you don't fall for someone really far away, unless you like flying!
  • CheetoBandoto
    Options
    I wouldn't knock it. We're all people on the same page and understanding what everyone is going through, so its bound to happen. :)
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'd do it. Why not?
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Why not? I just have doubts because I happen to live in the middle of nowhere.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    why not? relationships always happen on forums, of any kind.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Options
    No, but my boyfriend joined, so sort of lol
  • FuxsinEllie
    Options
    You notice that those who are.....aren't really commenting.

My lips are sealed though.....
  • Being2befit
    Being2befit Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    :) best thread but im pretty sure alot of ppl meet each other on here, but how many really last? pshh.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    :) best thread but im pretty sure alot of ppl meet each other on here, but how many really last? pshh.

Good question.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Helllooooooo single ladies How u doin

Just so you ladies know, Zip is the one on the right. Oops, I mean on the left!! He is not a pig!!

LOL!!
    So... who's single and looking?

*raises hand...waving frantically*
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Funny but I'm married to someone who is on MFP and since we've been getting healthy together our relationship is better than ever and just last week Hoots said it feels like we are dating again, so I would have to say yep it would be good and why not.