Hot For Cupid (Valentine's Day Group)

Options
There are 140 Days until February 14th (20 weeks!)
Let's join forces and get ourselves sexy for St. Valentine!
The head of the old V-Day group had to step down so I figured I would start it back up and see what magic we can do!
Old Group Found Here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/319033-beautifully-loved-valentines-day-challenge?page=5

Weigh-In Days:
We all have different weigh in days, and some of us don’t want to get on the scale 2 or 3 times a week in order to “check in” with our groups. For this reason, we will have open weigh in days. Each Monday, the weights will be tallied and recorded. Please have your weekly weigh in (and/ or measurements) by Sunday at 11:59 PM.

Challenges:
Each week the group will be posed a challenge. These, of course, are optional, but will likely be loads of fun. Feel free to complete group challenges as well as personal challenges each week. Posting these challenges in this topic will help us to help you meet your goals! Remember, we are here for each other! Mad props will go out to those who stand above the crowd!

Fun Facts:
Each week we’ll throw a fun fact out there for you regarding health, fitness, nutrition and the fun holiday that we’re heading towards. Feel free to add interesting and fun facts of your own!

Setting Goals:
Let’s do our best to set goals that are realistic and healthy. There are 20 weeks left until Valentine’s Day, so goal weight should be determined with that in mind. Remember that it gets harder (and slower) to lose weight once you get closer to your goal, so it may not be realistic to expect 2 lbs to be lost every week for the whole 20 weeks! Remember that a healthy weight loss is a slower one, usually 1 – 2 lbs a week is considered safe and sustainable!

We are an open group and ready for action! Feel free to suit up by sharing the following info:

Starting Weight:
Challenge Goal Weight:
Strengths:
Struggles:
Weekly Success:
This Week’s Personal Challenge:

Starting Measurements:
Chest-
Right Bicep-
Left Bicep-
Waist-
Hips-
Right Thigh-
Left Thigh-

Replies

• pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'd love to join! This sounds like a great group and I would love to look hot for Valentine's! (If I get one!) :happy:

Starting Weight: 137.4 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 122 lbs
    Strengths: Keeping to an exercise goal plan.
    Struggles: Sweets and cake!
    Weekly Success:
    This Week’s Personal Challenge: To really push through 30 day shred level 2.

Starting Measurements: (I will need to buy a tape measure and then fill this in - maybe tomorrow!)
    Chest-
    Right Bicep-
    Left Bicep-
    Waist-
    Hips-
    Right Thigh-
    Left Thigh-
  • Legalchica
    Options
    Count me IN! I'll have measurements in tomorrow.
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I was hoping to reach my goal by Xmas but with my current food issues I don't think that will happen but Valentine's Day sounds perfect for me. I am at work currently so I will get all my info to you first thing tomorrow morning. Looking forward to this challenge :happy:
  • chedeco
    chedeco Posts: 109
    Options
    My name is Michelle, I'm 5'2"-5'3"ish, and I started this journey at 200 lbs. I live in western Massachusetts and can't wait to look hot for cupid! :love:

Starting Weight: 180.7 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 140 lbs.
    Strengths: Motivating, being proud of my accomplishments, logging meals even when they're TERRIBLE
    Struggles: Getting enough water, not pushing myself hard enough, carbs and soda
    Weekly Success: Got a lunchbox, healthy food, and pre-planned all my meals for when I go back to work this week
    This Week’s Personal Challenge: 50 sit-ups every day

Starting Measurements: I'll measure tonight! :wink:
    Chest-
    Right Bicep-
    Left Bicep-
    Waist-
    Hips-
    Right Thigh-
    Left Thigh-
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Welcome guys!! It's good to have you!! Guess I should add my own information. This has been carried over from the old group!

I'm 5'9" and hail from Manitoba, Canada.

Starting Weight: 179.5 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 165 lbs

First Week: 178.5
    Second Week: 176.8
    Third Week: 176.4
    Fourth Week: 175.4 lbs
    Fifth Week: 175.0 lbs
    Sixth Week: 174.2 lbs
    Total Challenge Loss: 5.3 lbs

Weight Loss Remaining to Goal: 9.2 lbs

Strengths: Commitment to the Rushfit program (and enjoying it!)
    Struggles: Water intake. Ugh, SO BAD at this.
    Weekly Success: I saw a counselor for the first time and grew a ton from it. I go back in another week and a half.
    This Week’s Personal Challenge: Drink WATER! Minimum 8 cups a day!
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you

Starting Weight: 208.5
    Challenge Goal Weight: 175
    Strengths: my family
    Struggles: not pushing myself hard enough and remember to get all my water
    Weekly Success:
    This Week’s Personal Challenge: will be to do 100 squats a day

Starting Measurements:
    Chest-
    Right Bicep-
    Left Bicep-
    Waist-
    Hips-
    Right Thigh-
    Left Thigh-

Will edit with my measurements later
  • pmich08
    pmich08 Posts: 193
    Options
    Definitely want to join.
    Need the support and the accountability!

Starting Weight: 160 (at 156 right now)
    Challenge Goal Weight: 105
    Strengths: Logging, everything, every day!
    Struggles: Motivation to exercise, even when I am not busy and totally have the time.
    Weekly Success:
    This Week’s Personal Challenge: To follow my exercise plan perfectly!

Starting Measurements:
    Chest- 37.5
    Right Bicep- 12
    Left Bicep- 12
    Waist- 30
    Hips- 39
    Right Thigh- 23
    Left Thigh- 23
  • 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm in, will re-post my info later tonight!
  • JetzGurl
    JetzGurl Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Name: Kristi

Challenge starting weight: 192
    Week 1: 189.4
    Week 2: 186.6
    Week 3: 186.6 (no loss for week three)
    Week 4: 184.8
    Week 5: 183.6
    Week 6: 181.4
    Total Challenge Loss: 10.6 lbs.

End of challenge goal weight: 165 lbs.
    Weight Loss Remaining to Goal: 16.4 lbs.

Measurements: (from last week, done every 2 weeks)

Neck: start - 15 current – 14 ¾ down ¼”
    Chest: sm – 43 ¼ cm – 42 ½ down ¾”
    Left Bicep: sm – 11 7/8 cm 11 7/8 same
    Right Bicep: sm – 13 1/8 cm 12 ¼ down 7/8”
    Waist: sm – 41 cm – 40 1/8 down 7/8”
    Hips: sm – 45 ½ cm – 45 ¼ down ¼”
    Left Thigh: sm – 24 ½ cm – 23 3/8 down 1 1/8”
    Right Thigh: sm – 24 3/8 cm – 23 ¼ down 1 1/8”

I have seen quite a fluctuation in my measurements and I’m not sure if it’s due to placement consistency or the fact that I am doing some circuit work and am showing some muscle improvement. While I’ll continue to track my measurements, I’m not going to put too much focus on them. I am seeing visible changes in my body (in the right direction) so I’m not concerned at this point.

I think my strength is in my determination. I am determined to live a healthier life. As I shrink out of my clothes, I donate them because I know that I will NEVER need them again!

I think my weakness is making exercise a priority. I can get distracted very easily.

This week’s challenge is to faithfully complete all of my EA workouts...ON their designated day!

Your Plan to get to your goal weight:

Maintain Calorie Goal – This has been going well with the exception of dinner at Montana’s for my daughter’s birthday, but I’m okay with it 

Treadmill – I have not been on the treadmill at all this week. This is only because I have chosen to focus, not on my Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010 for the Wii like last week, but my EA Sports Active 2 for my PS3. I LOVE IT!! I’ll gush more about it after Friday’s check-in.

Run for the Cure - I have registered for the Run for the Cure event in Winnipeg, MB on October 2nd. Our team will be walking the event which is 5 kms so my August goal is to train to accomplish this without collapsing :)

I had a huge victory on the weekend. I rocked my ‘Little Red Dress’ for a friend’s birthday dinner. I bought it over a decade ago for a Christmas party but ended up going with something else. It hasn’t fit me since...until now :p

Here’s to another amazing week ahead!
  • 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Name: Amber
    Starting Weight: 154 (08/16/11) or 146.5 (09/26/11)
    Challenge Goal Weight: 135 (and fit into my ski pants again!)
    Strengths: Cardio (avid runner)
    Struggles: Always hungry!
    Weekly Success: the pants I wore today were a bit less tight than when I work them last week :drinker:
    This Week’s Personal Challenge: take time to log my food! I spend a lot of time away from the computer & my Blackberry doesn't support the MFP mobile app, hard to take the time to log at night after the damage is done!

Week 1 - 08/17/11 - 152
    Week 2 - 08/24/11 - 150
    Week 3 - 09/01/11 - 148 (goodbye 150s!)
    Week 4 - 09/08/11 - 146.5
    Week 5 - 09/16/11 - no weigh-in this week, will report back next week
    Week 6 - 09/23/11 - 146.5

Measurements (every 4 weeks):
    08/11/11 -- neck: 12.5 . . chest: 39 . arms: L12 . . . / R12.75 . waist: 31 . hips: 41 . . . thighs: L25 .. / R25.5
    09/08/11 -- neck: 12.25 . chest: 38 . arms: L12.25 / R12.50 . waist: 30 . hips: 40.5 . thighs: L23.5 / R24.5

I am a bit worried about meeting my month-end goal. I think I've hit the point in my weight loss journey where my body is slowing down considerably. I've adjusted my calories to 0.5 lb loss per week but am really struggling against the hunger. I really don't think this will be a 2-lb week. Time to focus on the veggies - broccoli, it's a good thing I love you!
  • mrsmellymac
    mrsmellymac Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    [Challenge starting weight: 219lbs]
    --Week 1: 215.0 -4lbs 4lbs lost total
    --Week 2: 213.0 -2lbs 6lbs lost total
    --Week 3: 215.2 +2.2lbs
    --Week 4: 213.0 -2lbs 6lbs total
    --Week 5: 211-2lbs 8lbs total
    --week 6: 211-0lbs 8lbs total
    [End of challenge goal weight: 180lbs]

Sept Goal: 199lbs, not seeming possible. But I will take getting OFF this mini-plateau. Maybe since now I"ve changed my cal intake, it'll help. I've started exercising 4x a week, I'm hoping to increase that to 5x for october.

Challenge Starting Measurements:
    neck: 13.5
    chest: 48 in
    arms: left 15 in and right 14.5 in
    waist: 43.0
    hips: 47.0
    thighs: left 23.4in and right 24in

WEEK 2 measurements
    **chest: 46
    arms: Left 14.5 and right 14.25
    waist: 42.5
    hips: 47.0
    thighs: left: 23.5 and right 25 (?)....I think I didn't measure correctly the first time.

WEEK 4:
    -2.0 lbs
    Measurements
    chest: 45.25
    arms: Left 15 and right 14.50
    waist: 39.5
    hips: 44
    thighs: left: 25.75 and right 26.5

WEEK 6:
    Measurements
    chest: 46--I think its because I'm nursing. I shouldn't really measure this.
    arms: left 16 right 15
    waist: 38.5 ---I must be doing something right! I didn't lose weight but I lost an inch
    hips: 44
    thighs: both are 24.5

So, I have a few NSV: first my waist is down another inch, but also, I am OUT of my 48DDD nursing bras and back into my 44DD pre-pregnancy bras! and out of the four rows of claps, I'm on the 3rd row to keep the girls up!!!! I'm going to have to buy new bras soon
  • Legalchica
    Options
    OK I'm in! Here are my stats:

Starting Weight: 159
    Challenge Goal Weight: 140 (hopefully?!?!?)
    Strengths: working out hard when i do go ... and healthy eating... unfortunatly i typically add in some of the other stuff to much...
    Struggles: long term dedication
    Weekly Success:
    This Week’s Personal Challenge: Start adding strength training back into my workouts

Starting Measurements:
    Chest- 37"
    Right Bicep- 12.75"
    Left Bicep- 13"
    Waist- 30.5"
    Hips- 42.75"
    Right Thigh- 25.75"
    Left Thigh- 25.75

YAY!!
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    Welcome ladies! It looks like we have a good start to the 20 weeks! I think it's important to remember that unlike other groups, this is a marathon and not a sprint (or even decent jog). We have 5 months (ish) until our goal time and that means that for the next 139 days, we have to work hard at staying motivated and focused! Something that may help with this is to bite the bullet, get into your skivvies or two piece bathing suit, and take before photos (front, back and side). Trust me, you will appreciate it when you do.

We can do monthly photo updates, biweekly measurement updates and daily bouts of laughter and encouragement.

I took my before photos before I started the Rushfit program 2 weeks ago. I am planning on snapping some "midway" photos after week four (that's in two weeks) and then final shots at the end of 8 weeks.

What are your plans for today?
  • kendradl
    Options
    Hello All!!! Here are my measurements and other info:

Start Weight - 170.2
    Challenge Goal Weight - 130
    Strengths - When I get in the right mindset nothing can stop me, getting there and staying there for some reason seems to be harder lately.
    Struggles - Getting in that right mind set, although I think I am back there now.
    Weekly Success - definitely to drink more water, I always seem to slack off on that.
    This week's personal challenge - To not snack while I am making my lunch or supper, this is hard for me.

Starting Measurements:
    Chest - 36"
    Right Bicep - 13"
    Left Bicep - 13"
    Waist - 30.5"
    Hips - 39"
    Right Thigh - 27"
    Left THigh - 27"

I am really looking forward to this challenge, I am making Valentine's Day my final day to be at my goal weight and to finally be healthy. This is it the final push and I will succeed :bigsmile:
  • kendradl
    Options
    Plans for today include work, sweat session after work and then downtime before bed - a typical day for me :smile:
  • actresskat
    actresskat Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 26 and live in the UK with a beautiful Maine Coon, Alaska. Fed up of being fat - and I have that weird 'I don't think I'm fat thing' but when I take pictures I don't recognise myself so finally facing the truth - yep, that girl in the pic IS you!

Starting Weight: 183
    Challenge Goal Weight: 146
    Strengths: All or nothing - means I go for it but also a bad thing too!
    Struggles: Trying to eat 5-a-day
    Weekly Success: Getting on the cardio bike for the first time in over a year and a half
    This Week’s Personal Challenge: 30 mins exercise every day

I'm working towards eventually getting back the washboard abs I had at 15. I want to look and feel stunning when we visit Disney next year. Want to wear that grey dress that I bought to, ahem, 'fit into'.
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    ^ When is your trip next year?? We are honeymooning in Disney World in October 2012. SO excited!!

I am... supposed to update on Wednesdays... but I am going to wait. I am hoping that things change in a couple of days. Right now I am up 0.6 lb. I am confused and upset and all kinds of discouraged. But I see a dietician tomorrow. We'll see how that goes.
  • kendradl
    Options
    Good Morning All!!! Jersey I just noticed that you are also from Canada, I am in Alberta!!! My other half is from Manitoba and we try to get there every year, never made it this year though sometimes plans don't actually go as planned :laugh:

Thought I would just share a little bit about me so we can get to know each other a little bit, since we are going to be together until Valentine's Day :bigsmile:

I am 33, have a common law husband and 3 animal kids, Paden my chocolate lab and my cats Moe and Tiger (all who are part of my profile pic). Paden is my exercise buddy and he loves it, we did the C25K program together and now go for a daily run every morning before work. He enjoys it so much that he sometimes even wakes me up before the alarm :huh: why he won't let me sleep I have no idea!!

I was in lala land for most of the summer, I didn't lose much and wasn't behaving with food and exercise the way that I should have been. But I am back at it and have restarted my strength this past Monday and already I can feel it and all the benefits that come with it.

I had originally wanted to be at my goal weight by Xmas this year but with all my slacking off through the summer I am not sure I will make it and that is why this challenge is perfect for me, Valentine's Day will be my day :happy: I am not giving myself any other options this time and I am looking forward to the challenge and the fire that I ignited in myself.

Looking forward to working with all of you through this, I can't wait :happy:
  • actresskat
    actresskat Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    We haven't booked the big Disney trip as yet - just saving up for it but hopefully it'll be April-ish next year. So amazing Jersey3025 that you are going for your honeymoon- it's the best place in the WORLD!! And a great motivation for UGW and that sort of thing.

Don't sweat the 0.6lb thing...my scales don't measure 1/2 lbs...expect it's water or a little bit of extra muscle. Stick to what you're doing and it'll come down. I find from the past that if you go say 2 weeks with a plateau and stick it out, that the same amount of weight drops off, just in one go instead!
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    Alright! I am biting the bullet and checking in for the week.

Starting Weight: 179.5 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 165 lbs

First Week: 178.5
    Second Week: 176.8
    Third Week: 176.4
    Fourth Week: 175.4 lbs
    Fifth Week: 175.0 lbs
    Sixth Week: 174.2 lbs
    Seventh Week: 174.8
    Total Challenge Loss: 4.7 lbs

Weight Loss Remaining to Goal: 9.8 lbs

Strengths: Commitment to the Rushfit program, Consant quest for knowledge and research
    Struggles: Water intake, beating the holy crap out of myself if the scale moves the wrong way or if I make a poor decision
    Weekly Success: I am seeing a dietician today to (hopefully) get some real answers regarding my food intake and how it's effecting my weight loss (macro %, daily caloric limit, BMR, estimated exercise expenditure, etc)
    This Week’s Personal Challenge: Drink WATER! Minimum 8 cups a day! (This continues to be my goal. I have been doing quite well so far and I feel like if I push at it for a little while longer I could make it more of a habit)

Daily Challenge: If you are one of the people who check in with the group daily, I have a challenge for you. In your next post, include a list of 5 things that you love about yourself! It'll help us to get to know you AND it'll help you to love yourself!

My Five:
    1. I love my eyes. Blue and big.
    2. I love my heart. I am genuinely kind and good natured.
    3. I love my goofy nature.
    4. I love my sometimes overwhelming passionate side.
    5. I love my geeky brainiac self. Comic books, science fiction and fantasy, RPGs, Books, BOOKS, BOOKS!!

Weekly Challenge:
    I was thinking we should save this until our first official week. Look for this to be posted on Monday morning!!