Hot For Cupid (Valentine's Day Group)

Options

Replies

• 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Well, finally got about 7.5 hrs in last night, the past few have not been so good 5-6 hrs but it has been a crazy week at work & lots of 5am mornings required.

I'll be skipping the formal weigh-in this week - starting my prep for Sunday's Half Marathon & already starting to carb-load, up 0.5 lb so far to 142 and expect to be 144 by race day (yes, there is science behind this, I promise :smile: ). The next few days will be fun eating for prep/recovery, then I plan to switch back to weight-loss mode on Tues so that I can finish the month back at 141 or 142 lbs.

I fully intend to get LOTS of sleep tonight and a lazy Sat so that I'm all set for race day!
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your race!! And enjoy that carb loading! Yummmm!
  • JetzGurl
    JetzGurl Posts: 217 Member
    Options

@SpecialK_Flett- How long have you been using Ami? Do you need it more than you don't? What happens if you don't take it?

I've been using it on and off for about a yar and a half. My Dr prescribed it to help with almost debillitating headaches caused by tension. I take them only as needed and they don't help me sleep, they help me sleep better, if that makes any sense.
    I can sometimes go months without taking any. I have difficulty getting to and maintaining REM sleep. I'm up at the slightest sound, usually my son talking in his sleep, and then dream strangely until I get up in the morning...EXHAUSTED!
  • JetzGurl
    Options
    I'm the same way, I need the TV in order to sleep.

So I'm not the only one who needs TV to sleep! Good to know I'm normal!
    What I started doing is putting in a series and watching the shows. Then I lay down, close my eyes, and imagine the show. I pass out before the episode is even over. Then I put on the sleep timer. I always put in Friends or Futurama because I know both episodes very well (from watching them before bed). It helps me a lot!
    That's a great idea. I'm going to try that. I will probably try Frasier as I love that and know every episode really well. Thanks for the tip!

We have the same routine, if we're in bed in time for Futurama or American Dad, we fall asleep to that. If not, then we choose a another show/series but, it has to be one that won't keep our attention, lol. Sleep Timer set for 30-60 minutes, depending on how tired we are, and we're off to the races!
  • JetzGurl
    Options
    I'm new and am going to join your challenge
    Starting Weight: 188

Challenge Goal Weight: 150

Strengths:
    Struggles:
    Weekly Success:
    This Week’s Personal Challenge:

Starting Measurements:
    Chest- 43.5
    Right Bicep- 14.5
    Left Bicep- 13.2
    Waist- 41.5
    Hips- 42.5
    Right Thigh- 23
    Left Thigh- 23

This is my MIL! I'm excited she joined~~~

A warm welcome to your MIL!!
  • mrsmellymac
    mrsmellymac Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way, I need the TV in order to sleep.

So I'm not the only one who needs TV to sleep! Good to know I'm normal!
    What I started doing is putting in a series and watching the shows. Then I lay down, close my eyes, and imagine the show. I pass out before the episode is even over. Then I put on the sleep timer. I always put in Friends or Futurama because I know both episodes very well (from watching them before bed). It helps me a lot!
    That's a great idea. I'm going to try that. I will probably try Frasier as I love that and know every episode really well. Thanks for the tip!

We have the same routine, if we're in bed in time for Futurama or American Dad, we fall asleep to that. If not, then we choose a another show/series but, it has to be one that won't keep our attention, lol. Sleep Timer set for 30-60 minutes, depending on how tired we are, and we're off to the races!

that's hilarious. We don't have the American Dad DVDs but sometimes we'll choose to watch it on cable. Only thing I don't like is the commericals, I just prefer the DVDs lol. Its not like they are boring shows, sometimes I catch something I've never heard on Futurama and I totally crack up while trying to sleep lol
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Sleep challenge completed about half the week! Working nights and having to get a kid on the bus early in the morning doesn't help!

Weigh in for the week....199!
  • panyg
    panyg Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody!

I've been doing better with the sleep challenge. I got 6 hours on Thursday night and 7 hours last night. That's pretty good for me!

@ 321blueeyes Enjoy the carb up and good luck for the race!

@ Jersey3025 Did you sleep better last night?

@ mrsmellymac & SpecialK_Flett You both have great taste in TV! I love American Dad. It's usually on everynight at about 11:30pm and it's part of the daily "help Pany fall asleep" routine!
  • livinglifeandlovingit
    Options
    Hi I have been out of the loop for about a month now, not really checking in from the original challenge. I would like to continue on with you guys since I just learned that the original leader had to step down for personal/health reasons. If there are no objections I will jump right in.

Thanks
  • mrsmellymac
    Options
    Hi I have been out of the loop for about a month now, not really checking in from the original challenge. I would like to continue on with you guys since I just learned that the original leader had to step down for personal/health reasons. If there are no objections I will jump right in.

Thanks
    join in girl! and welcome back!
  • mrsmellymac
    Options
    [V-Day Challenge starting weight: 219.0lbs]
    --Week 1: 215.0 -4lbs
    --Week 2: 213.0 -2lbs
    --Week 3: 215.2 +2.2lbs
    --Week 4: 213.0 -2lbs
    --Week 5: 211 -2lbs
    --week 6: 211 -0lbs
    --Week 7: 209.0 -2lbs
    --Week 8: 208.0 -1
    --Week 9: 208.2 +.02
    --Week 10: 206.4 -1.8lbs
    [End of challenge goal weight: 180lbs]

Week Challenge: I did pretty good, I stayed within 7-8 hours of sleep, with the exception of last night where I slept 11 hours (it was COLD and I snuggled with the baby and the hubby <3)

My struggles: I was pretty upset all week because my weight wouldn't move in the right direction. There was one time it was actually at 210! ugh!!!

My strengths: Dropped down 4lbs from the two that I gained. I've kept up with my Zumba challenge! Its gonna be day 12 and I'm still keepin' at it. Even if I feel like crap! lol Also, my sister-in-law signed me up for a 5k next month (maybe too soon for it) and I started training today. I honestly feel like dying, but I know that it'll get better!

GOAL FOR THE NEXT 8 DAYS: GETTING INTO ONE-DERLAND!

---If you want to join my Zumba 30 Day Challenge , here is the thread! You can join whenever you like, you just have to log in everyday! We'll have a composite of measurements and stuff on Oct 30, the 2 week mark from the beginning of the thread.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/366488-zumba-30-day-challenge

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE!! Can't wait for the next challenge Jersey!
  • 321blueeyes
    Options
    I'll be skipping the formal weigh-in this week - starting my prep for Sunday's Half Marathon & already starting to carb-load, up 0.5 lb so far to 142 and expect to be 144 by race day (yes, there is science behind this, I promise :smile: ). The next few days will be fun eating for prep/recovery, then I plan to switch back to weight-loss mode on Tues so that I can finish the month back at 141 or 142 lbs.

I fully intend to get LOTS of sleep tonight and a lazy Sat so that I'm all set for race day!

Well it's a good thing I slept well Fri night ~ 11hrs... because last night I got less than 3! On the eve of my race, no less :grumble: Combination of race jitters, anxiety over personal issues (stupid ex, crazy neighbor who chased me down the street the other day, etc). Carb loading worked - weighed in at 144 this morning :blushing:

Fortunately the good Fri night plus lazy Sat still allowed me a great race - 2:11:15 finish for the half marathon, my new personal best :bigsmile: Now it's back to lazy for today - hopefully a nice long nap too!
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    oooh, bump for later! =)
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 208.5 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 175 lbs

Week 1 : 205
    Week 2 : 204
    Week 3 : 202
    Week 4 : 201
    Total Challenge Loss: 7.5 lbs

Weight Loss Remaining to Goal: 26 lbs

Strengths: this week - managing to exercise around my gimped foot
    Struggles: Struggled to figure out things to do without hitting my wrecked foot
    This Week’s Personal Challenge: . Do get into ONEderland, just need to lose 1.5 lbs
  • panyg
    Options
    I was going to post tomorrow morning but I've got a busy day at work tomorrow, starting at 7:30am so I'll use today's weight.

Challenge start weight: 218 (Tuesday)
    Challenge Goal Weight : 168

Week 1: 214.6

This Weeks Loss: 3.4
    Total Challenge Loss: 3.4

Week Challenge: 3 hrs Sleep Tusday, 5 hrs Wednesday, 6 hr Thurday, 7 hrs Friday, 5 hours Saturday. Not great really!

Strengths: Joined this challenge! Lost 7.4 pounds this week

Struggles: Only went to the gym once, haven't felt in control of my eating, water intake poor, feel bloated

Goal for the week: Go to the gym at least 3 times, eat well, go under 210
  • mrsmellymac
    Options
    I was going to post tomorrow morning but I've got a busy day at work tomorrow, starting at 7:30am so I'll use today's weight.

Challenge start weight: 218 (Tuesday)
    Challenge Goal Weight : 168

Week 1: 214.6

This Weeks Loss: 3.4
    Total Challenge Loss: 3.4

Week Challenge: 3 hrs Sleep Tusday, 5 hrs Wednesday, 6 hr Thurday, 7 hrs Friday, 5 hours Saturday. Not great really!

Strengths: Joined this challenge! Lost 7.4 pounds this week

Struggles: Only went to the gym once, haven't felt in control of my eating, water intake poor, feel bloated

Goal for the week: Go to the gym at least 3 times, eat well, go under 210

what did you to this week to lose 7.4lbs. I really wanna know! I have 7lbs until my first goal! hahahaha
  • panyg
    Options
    what did you to this week to lose 7.4lbs. I really wanna know! I have 7lbs until my first goal! hahahaha

What did I do? I gained 12 pounds in the previous 2 weeks! I personally wouldn't recommend it :-)

It's easy to lose a large amount in a few days when you have been binging and you are bloated.
  • JetzGurl
    Options
    Wanted to let everyone know that Jersey will be charting results a little bit late this week. Her brother was hit by a car on Sunday and she has been at the hospital since. It was fairly serious but he making positive steps in his recovery.
  • 321blueeyes
    Options

What did I do? I gained 12 pounds in the previous 2 weeks! I personally wouldn't recommend it :-)

It's easy to lose a large amount in a few days when you have been binging and you are bloated.

looks like you two are discussing the carb/glycogen phenomenon! lots of good data out there from reputable sites like weight watchers. the brief version: obviously it's unlikely that you ate 3500 * 12 = 42,000 extra calories (over and above you daily needs) to gain the full 12 lbs in 2 weeks. sure, maybe a few lbs are actual fat gain but most of that gain (and subsequent loss) is usually caused by the glycogen/water storage in your body (muscles and organs) - 3 parts water to one part glycogen. suddenly cutting calories (carbs especially) will cause your body to use the glycogen & associated water, leading to big loss at the beginning (or a big gain) but you won't see these type of results week after week (unless you have a LOT of weight to lose).

I just went thru this (on purpose) to carb load for my race - gained a solid 4 lbs in 5 days & expect it to fall back off within 2-3 days when the swelling in my muscles goes down... leaving me pretty close to my pre-race weight 141-142. this also allowed me to run an awesome race!

btw - I am by no means a low-carb diet type of person, my carb macro set at a solid 50% and I often go over :smile:
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join!

Starting Weight: 224
    Challenge Goal Weight: 185
    Strengths: I'm really not sure
    Struggles: Making too large of portions, not wanting to be active
    Weekly Success:
    This Week’s Personal Challenge: Walk a mile a day and drink 10+ cups of water a day

I dont have a tape measure