Week 3: 186.6 (no loss for week three)
    Week 4: 184.8
    Week 5: 183.6
    Week 6: 181.4
    Week 7: 180.2
    Week 8: 179.8
    Total Challenge Loss: 12.2lbs.

End of challenge goal weight: 165 lbs.
    Weight Loss Remaining to Goal: 14.8 lbs.

Measurements: (done every 2 weeks)

No measurements this week and drunk as a skunk for Thanksgiving!!!
    I fully expect next week to be up, but I'm okay with that, Spent it in the company of family, what more could we ask for :drinker:
  • 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Oops, been a while since I weighed in...

Challenge Goal Weight: 135 (and fit into my ski pants again!)
    Strengths: Cardio (avid runner)
    Struggles: Always hungry!
    Weekly Success: small loss 0.5 lb
    This Week’s Personal Challenge: rough week, I was sick and super busy with work... happy I just survived!

Start weight 154 (08/16/11) or 146.5 (09/26/11)
    08/17/11 - 152
    08/24/11 - 150
    09/01/11 - 148 (goodbye 150s!)
    09/08/11 - 146.5
    09/16/11 - no weigh-in this week, will report back next week
    09/23/11 - 146.5
    09/30/11 - 144 - exceeded my month-end goal by 0.5 lbs!
    10/08/11 - 143.5

Measurements (every 4 weeks):
    08/11/11 -- neck: 12.5 . . chest: 39 . arms: L12 . . . / R12.75 . waist: 31 . hips: 41 . . . thighs: L25 .. / R25.5
    09/08/11 -- neck: 12.25 . chest: 38 . arms: L12.25 / R12.50 . waist: 30 . hips: 40.5 . thighs: L23.5 / R24.5
    Guess I need to update these measurements when I have a chance!

Sick of being sick! Finally started feeling better from my cold over the weekend & got a nice long run in... only to feel awful today & fear I am coming down with the flu! This has got to end!
  • LolaVaantz
    LolaVaantz Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Please tell me the group isn't closed yet!!!! I want to play too!
  • mrsmellymac
    mrsmellymac Posts: 236 Member
    Options

We are an open group and ready for action! Feel free to suit up by sharing the following info:

Starting Weight:
    Challenge Goal Weight:
    Strengths:
    Struggles:
    Weekly Success:
    This Week’s Personal Challenge:

Starting Measurements:
    Chest-
    Right Bicep-
    Left Bicep-
    Waist-
    Hips-
    Right Thigh-
    Left Thigh-

Welcome to the group!! There's no set weigh-in day but we try to have all the measurements and such in by 11:59pm every Sunday! Jersey will then post our results and such!
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    You guys did awesome this week! And thanks for all of the "check-in's!" Happy Belated Thanksgiving to all of the Canadian group members! Hope the holiday didn't set you back too much!!

To anyone interested in joining: This is an OPEN group! We are always accepting new members! :)

18 WEEKS UNTIL VALENTINE'S DAY!! (minus one day)

Biggest Weekly Loss (determined by %): Legalchica having lost 2.8 pounds! (1.8%!!)
    Biggest Challenge Loss (Starting September 26, 2011 - determined by %): Actresskat having lost 4 lbs! (2.2%!!)

Weekly Chart:
    Italicized means Starting Weight
    Bold means Current Weight
    Underlined means Weekly Loss
    If you didn't check in this week, it means your weight will stay the same.
    If you don't check in for more than two weeks I will stop charting your results. But fear not! If you want to come back just let me know and you'll be charted again!

Jellybean1971: 208.5 lbs | 204 lbs | 1 lb
    SpecialK_Flett: 181.4 lbs | 179.8 lbs | .4 lb
    321blueeyes: 146.5 lbs | 143.5 lbs | .5 lb
    Mrsmellymac: 211 lbs | 208 lbs | 1 lb
    Legalchica: 159 lbs | 156.2 lbs | 2.8 lbs
    Actresskat: 183 lbs | 179 lbs | 0 lbs
    Jersey3025: 174.2 lbs | 173.6 lbs | 1.2 lbs
    Cantjustcant: 202.6 lbs | 202.6 lbs | 0 lbs

This Week's Challenge: So.... there was only one person who checked in regarding last week's challenge (Thanks Legalchica!!) I guess what I am wondering is, if this is something you guys are interested in doing? I don't want to keep posting challenges if everyone is going to skip them anyway! The thing is, I want this to be more than just a weight loss "check in" topic. I want us to have some group discussions, more than just a once a week post. What are all of your thoughts on the above stuff?

Don't forget to add your PERSONAL CHALLENGES to your posts! We can only help to support you with them if we know what they are!
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 168.2 (Oct 7)
    Challenge Goal Weight: 140
    Strengths: I know how to eat well and I'm getting better at incorporating exercise into my week.
    Struggles: I work 2 jobs so planning my food and making time for exercise can be difficult.
    Weekly Success: This is the longest I've stayed motivated and committed to my plan. I feel like I've got some momentum now and I'm ready to go!!
    This Week’s Personal Challenge: By Friday 10/14 I will have exercised 4 times, 30 or more minutes each.

Starting Measurements:
    Chest- 38.5
    Right Bicep- 14
    Left Bicep- 14
    Waist- 38.5
    Hips- 45.5
    Right Thigh- 27.2
    Left Thigh- 26.5
  • Legalchica
    Options
    Lets go!
  • Caligirl125
    Options
    Starting Weight: 225.2 lbs. (10/10/11)
    Challenge Goal Weight: 195.0 (2/14/12)
    Strengths: I have done Weight Watchers enough times to know what I should be eating and I love to cook and try new recipes.
    Struggles: I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibroymalgia so working out is often a challenge, plus I always struggle to drink enough water.
    Weekly Success: I just started, so I don't have a success yet, but I plan to!
    This Week’s Personal Challenge: I aim to work out for at least 45 minutes, 5 times this week. I may not be able to keep up that pace, but I want a jumpstart as I begin this journey.

I will post my five, measurements and my stretching reaction later today. I am very excited to join this group! Thank you for having me! :flowerforyou:
  • LolaVaantz
    Options
    Hi, I'm Andrea...

Starting Weight: 265
    Challenge Goal Weight: 200
    Strengths: an at times positive outlook, a sense of humor, a snazzy fashion sense
    Struggles: not always a positive outlook.....feeling very discouraged right now
    Weekly Success: This week.....i've made it two weeks without eating fast food, pretty amazing really
    This Week’s Personal Challenge: start a video program

Starting Measurements:
    Chest- 48inch
    Right Bicep- 18
    Left Bicep- 18
    Waist-44
    Hips- 53
    Right Thigh- 29
    Left Thigh- 29
  • 321blueeyes
    Options
    Sorry Jersey, I completely forgot to comment on the stretching! I'm a super-stretcher - absolutely love it & always work it in post-run and even when I'm just watching TV at home. My personal challenge is usually to work it into a more dynamic workout - like yoga, pilates, etc. so that I can get some toning work done as well!

Please do keep up the weekly challenges :flowerforyou: they are always good inspiration for the things we might otherwise overlook!
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    Ok! No problems! Here is this week's:

Weekly Challenge: This week your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to try something new. Roller blade, swim, run, weight train, try a new DVD, find a new form of exercise and do it for at least 20 minutes at least ONCE this week!!
  • LolaVaantz
    Options
    OH my goodness HOW EXCITING that I just accepted the weekly challenge before I knew what the weekly challenge was!

WOOT WOOT! I decided some muscle work would be good to mix in and hopped on the Total Gym for the first time. I had to make my husband show me how it works as we got it from his father when I decided fat was not a very good accessory.

YEAH, Mini accomplishment!
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    Great job Lola!! Can't wait to hear how the week goes!!

My Weekly Check In:

Starting Weight: 179.5 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 165 lbs

First Week: 178.5
    Second Week: 176.8
    Third Week: 176.4
    Fourth Week: 175.4 lbs
    Fifth Week: 175.0 lbs
    Sixth Week: 174.2 lbs
    Seventh Week: 174.8
    Eighth Week: 173.6 lbs
    Ninth Week: 173.2 lbs
    Total Challenge Loss: 6.3 lbs

Weight Loss Remaining to Goal: 8.2 lbs

New Mini Goal: 169 lbs (It's a weird number but it's 26 lbs lost total AND means I'm at a healthy BMI!)

Weekly Success: Pushing through a rough couple of days of exercise due to the violet side effects from my CT scan.
    Weekly Struggle: Beating myself up about my slow weight loss... sigh
    This Week’s Personal Challenge: Be under control for my 3.5 day holiday....
  • mrsmellymac
    mrsmellymac Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Ok! No problems! Here is this week's:

Weekly Challenge: This week your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to try something new. Roller blade, swim, run, weight train, try a new DVD, find a new form of exercise and do it for at least 20 minutes at least ONCE this week!!

GREAT challenge! I decided to add weights to my Zumba work out today...its not a different exercise persay but it really took its toll on me. I think I'm going to do the weight thing every other day now, I loved it!
  • 321blueeyes
    Options
    Hmm... something different but definitely nothing that will leave me too sore since I'm just over 1 week from my half marathon. Yoga dvd perhaps? Haven't done that in a very long time!
  • 321blueeyes
    Options
    Lost 2 lbs, now weighing in at 141.5

So excited to finally see some movement again both on the scale and in measurements. I had quite a few "fat days" recently, felt bloated and gross, even tried on an old pair of pants just to reassure myself that the weight loss was actually real. Finally last night, as I was stretching, I looked down at my leg and thought "wow, my leg looks kinda skinny at this angle!" Such a huge NSV- my thighs are a trouble zone!

Challenge Goal Weight: 135 (and fit into my ski pants again!)
    Strengths: Cardio (avid runner)
    Struggles: Always hungry! This week was tough emotionally, still reeling from my recent breakup :brokenheart:
    Weekly Success: wore a button-down shirt - no tightness across my chest anymore!
    This Week’s Personal Challenge: EAT CLEAN! track my veggie intake!

Start weight 154 (08/16/11) or 146.5 (09/26/11)
    08/17/11 - 152
    08/24/11 - 150
    09/01/11 - 148 (goodbye 150s!)
    09/08/11 - 146.5
    09/16/11 - no weigh-in this week, will report back next week
    09/23/11 - 146.5
    09/30/11 - 144 - exceeded my month-end goal by 0.5 lbs!
    10/08/11 - 143.5
    10/14/11 - 141.5

Measurements (every 4 weeks):
    08/11/11 -- neck: 12.5 . . chest: 39 . arms: L12 . . . / R12.75 . waist: 31 . hips: 41 . . . thighs: L25 . . / .R25.5
    09/08/11 -- neck: 12.25 . chest: 38 . arms: L12.25 / R12.50 . waist: 30 . hips: 40.5 . thighs: L23.5 . / R24.5
    10/15/11 -- neck: 12 . . . .chest: 38 . arms: L12 . . . / R12 . . . . waist: 29 . hips: 39.5 . thighs: L22.75 / R23.75
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I found the new threat. Sorry, I haven't checked-in for several weeks. I went on maintenance for several weeks during a stressful time at work and have been back at it since October 1.

Last time I checked in with you all I believe I was 215 lbs.

Today I weighed in at 211.6 lbs. (down 3.4 lbs since 9/24)

IT IS GOOD TO BE BACK. I still have time to make my 185 goal by Valentines Day, but I gotta buckle down.

Thanks a ton for the new leadership. I'm in it to win it!!!

Love the weekly challenge. This weekend I'm going to ride a bike for the first time since I was under 10 years old!!!
  • nekosimba
    nekosimba Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 267lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 237
    Strengths: Eating well at work
    Struggles: Sweets, being lazy, not motivating myself to workout
    Weekly Success:
    This Week’s Personal Challenge: Start the Biggest Loser Bootcamp DVD

Starting Measurements: Will get these to you when I get a tape measure.
    Chest-
    Right Bicep-
    Left Bicep-
    Waist-
    Hips-
    Right Thigh-
    Left Thigh-
  • shrinkinglily
    Options
    Hello, I would love to join! Valentine's day is just about when I should be hitting my goal, and this will help me stay focused on the time frame.

I am a 5'5 mama in Northern California. I have 17.5 weeks until V-day so I will adjust my goals accordingly.

Starting Weight: 178.6
    Challenge Goal Weight: 150
    Strengths: Sticking to a varied workout program, logging in every day and staying on track
    Struggles: Occasional HUGE splurges... Sometimes a few days in a row... Too much salt in general.
    Weekly Success: My fifth Zumba class was the most challenging and fast-paced but I did it with great energy and seem to be picking the steps up faster than before. (Update - I also just realized that I have lost 9 inches around my waist since I started this Sept 1st. Could that be?:noway: )
    This Week’s Personal Challenge: Get a food scale and check my assumptions about portions. Drink all my water and start taking vitamins again.

Starting Measurements: (Will fill the rest in soon.)
    Chest-
    Right Bicep-
    Left Bicep-
    Waist- 33.5"
    Hips- 43"
    Right Thigh-
    Left Thigh-
    Neck- 13.25
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 208.5 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 175 lbs

Week 1 : 205
    Week 2 : 204
    Week 3 : 202
    Total Challenge Loss: 6.5 lbs

Weight Loss Remaining to Goal: 27 lbs

Strengths: this week, getting in all my work outs
    Struggles: still, still still struggling to meet my daily calories
    This Week’s Personal Challenge: . Do get into ONEderland, just need to lose 2.5 lbs

Thanks for the challenges, I love them sorry will try to post more often. This week I'm going to try yoga, I've never done it so will see how it goes.