bump
  • kelly81082
    kelly81082 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Has anybody had any results with this? Please share :)
    It likely made them full when eaten. Nothing you eat will 'flush' fat.

As killergb says, this soup works as it's low fat but filling so if you eat it your calorie count for the day will probably be lower than usual. Sounds delicious, and I'll be trying it, but any suggestion of 'fat flushing' is a myth.
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Betherella93
    Options
    bump :)
  • Ashland104
    Ashland104 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I will be trying this!
  • AngelEyes127
    Options
    BUMP!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Looks good but "Fat Flush" is of course impossible.
  • eawilkrsn
    Options
    i tried this a few weeks ago and my whole family loved it!!!
  • eawilkrsn
    Options
    I made this soup yesterday.... YUMMY!!!!
    It tastes just like Chili! ( I used 93/7 Ground Turkey ) just be careful and put the exact amount of Cayenne in there. Mine is warm but I could feed it to a little one and be fine. I used the exact amount, but you can taste it a little.
    I weigh myself every Sunday/ Monday.... depending on my mood to log.... and I logged my loss for the week yesterday. From yesterday to today, I lost 1.4lbs! I won't log it, I only log my loss once a week, but I am staying on this plan for 7 to 10 days to see what happens!!! For what it is worth, I work all week on the treadmill to see a 1.4lb. loss so this is exciting! I may have just lost some water weight all of the sudden, who knows, but I will tell you this..... I have never, in the past months....seen a 1.4lb. loss overnight!
    Also, this recipe below makes( 5) 3 cup servings so if you want to do this for a week or two, you might want to double the ingredients. 10 servings is five days if you don't want to feed your family this for days and days. If you are feeding the family, well, you might want to make it every other day or something. MY HUSBAND LOVES IT! So, I will be making this every other day for the next week to week and a half.......but I just know that it is going to be worth it! I have a good feeling about this one!
    ~FAT FLUSH SOUP~
    ‎2 tsp. Olive Oil
    1 1/4 lbs. Lean Ground Beef, Turkey, or Shredded Chicken
    1 Onion, chopped
    2 cloves Garlic, chopped
    1 Bell Pepper, seeded and chopped
    ... 8 oz. Mushrooms, chopped
    1 (14oz) can Crushed Tomatoes
    1 (32oz.) bottle reduced sodium tomato or vegetable Cocktail Juice
    1 (14oz) can Beans rinsed and drained.
    1 Tbs.Ground Cumin
    1/8 tsp. cayenne, or to taste
    1/4 cup each fresh Cilantro and Parsley, chopped

In a stockpot, heat Olive Oil over Medium-high setting. Saute meat/ poultry until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside. Saute Onions, Garlic, Peppers, and Mushrooms until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients, except Cilantro and Parsley. Cover and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in Cilantro and Parsley. Cover and simmer 10 minutes longer. Store soup in refrigerator up to 5 days. Freezes well. Makes 16 cups.
    1 serving = 3 cups
    Calories 315 Fat 9g cholesterol 65.8mg Protein 31g Carbs.30g Sodium1185mg. Fiber 8g.
    BTW.......I JUST BROWNED MY TURKEY AND TOSSED IT ALL IN A CROCKPOT FOR TWO HOURS! SO MEATY TOO!

i also added yellow squash to the mix. so yummy!!!
  • MikeG2
    MikeG2 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Just made the "fat burn soup" which is actually more like chili, I'd say. Tastes great even though I had to substitute cumin with curry powder, you could also use chili powder. Although, does anybody know if cumin is an active ingredient in the fat burn?
  • mindy2185
    Options
    bump
  • tracym22
    tracym22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I've made this using 'Quorn' mince which reduces the calories. Has anyone actually lost any weight using this so far?
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    can i omit the turkey and make a vegetarian version (with beans i guess?)
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Bump! I've been craving chili. I will try this. Little nervous about such a wide variance in the yield of the soup. I'll try to remember to update much mine makes.

I agree with others the "Fat Flush" name is silly marketing.
  • macspud
    Options
    Bump, thanks for sharing :drinker:
  • wwk10
    wwk10 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I thought the article included squash in the recipe.
    I use buttenut squash even though it is starchy.
    I also use 2 bell pepper instead of one. I use one red and one green.
    Since using MFP, I have learned bell peppers are loaded with good stuff, Vitamin A, C etc.
    I used 97/3 ground beef instead of turkey.
    I think I end up with 7 servings of 2 cups per serving

MFP says about 405 calories.

Did you enter yours and check the calories?
  • wwk10
    wwk10 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Nevermind. I see it in the first post.
    I use 2 lbs of 97/3 ground beef not 1.25.
    I thought of using chicken instead of beef but I dont seem to ever get any iron.
  • wychwych
    Options
    bump
  • sjackson1717
    sjackson1717 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    bump