J CREW - C25K - WEEK 1

Options
12345679»

Replies

• felicity866
    Options
    i completed day one this morning and went for a 30 min walk this afternoon....it is nice to know that others are starting at the same time...

good luck everyone!
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi Felicity! That's so wonderful that you started the program!! It's great- I think if you stick with it, you'll be surprised at how far you''ve come! Unfortunately the title of this particular thread, is a little mis-leading....most of the participants on this thread currently are in the later stages of the C25k program. HOWEVER, please know you are more than welcome to particpate :flowerforyou: We're all about support here!! Cheers to completing Day one:drinker: Hope to see you post again !

Week 7, Day 3 went down! Sooo happy to be done with week 7! On to week 8:glasses: Ha! Okay, so I was feeling a little braver, and kicked up my run to a whooping 4.2:laugh: :laugh: on the treadmill, and the walk up to 3.1. My total calories burned were 314, with a distance of 2.24 mi. Again, it wasn't so bad, I have to agree with previous comments, as my mind often seems to tell me to quit, but my body can keep it up and endures through by the time the last 2 to 3 minutes of the run, I seem to get a second wind. I think I'm going to have to credit that to my P90X routines...(heck it's been good for somethin :wink: )

Anyhow!! Cool Runnings Everyone- see you shortly for beginning of week 8! Can't believe only two more weeks to go!! Let's do this!!:glasses:
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Things have been crazy for me the last week. Just moved on Thursday, so last week was taken up with packing & visiting with people before we left. Got all 3 runs in, just didn't have time to post here :)

Ran week 8 d1 today around our new apartment! Think I found a park with trail & frisbee golf woo! Will have to check it out another time when I'm not so exhausted lol. Saw quite a few people out walking & biking. Nice to be in an active area. There are actually hills here! Which will be a nice challange, as they are not too huge. Messed up the c25k app again and ended up running the cool-down too. Oops!

So glad to see that you ladies are still going strong! Mocha & motivated, I don't know how you do those long runs on a treadmill. I get so bored & start looking at the timer every minute lol. Debs, so glad you are not getting hung up on the distance. I am starting to realize C25K is really just somewhere to START running. Here are so many different directions to go after completion. I can't believe we're so close to being done! Crazy!
  • debs6
    debs6 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Wow- well I have just finished Week 8- and as Kyak just mentioned- that only leaves week 9- so three more runs and I am finished with the program. So staggering that we are all so close to completion. I pretty much did 4K today - so getting somewhere- albeit very slowly. I not realise that I probably will not reach the full 5K when I first finish the program, but reading the c25k forums- that is incredibly common. So after completion my first ambition will be to work myself up to the full 5K- and my best guess is that it will take me at least another month. I will be trying to do this distance within the 30 minute allocation - so will just gradually try to increase my speed. As I need to consider my heart rate - I obviously will just have to improve my cardiovascular system until it allows me to run that bit faster. I am tremendously proud of myself for reaching this far - and considering next week only contains a two minute increase in time- I have great confidence that I will achieve this- barring of course injury.

So ladies - by next week or very close we will all have finished working through the program. Do you have any plans for what you will do when you are finished the whole program? I was chatting about this to my daughter recently as she is only two days behind me. We both decided that we would probably continue to run at least three days of week interspersed with other training. Both of us have really enjoyed the running and don't want to lose the fabulous gains that we have made.
    Have a lovely day
    Debbie
  • MochaBlues
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

Well week 8, Day 1 -went down! I had to actually use a jogging knee brace to get through today's run, and I can tell it made all the difference. I will likely use it for the remainder of the program, I may use two, I guess all the stress from this and P90X, has put a bit of strain on my aging knees ! AnYHOW, my currents stats with this run are as follows: 328 calories, 4.1 mph on runs, 3.0 on the walks, 39 mins! Slowly but surely ...it's getting closer to the end. I was thinking that after the program I will likely to keep up running the 30 mins at least 3 times per week trying to slowly increase my speed until the weather breaks and I can get outside and run in the spring. I was also looking forward to possibly training for a B210K after the 1st of the year as well, saw the app on my phone....so that maybe a goal for 2012!

Kiayk- The only reason, I'm able to get through the runs on the treadmill is the distraction of the TV, otherwise youre right I'd be too focused on the time as well. heck I still look down at it from time to time.

Have a great run this week-till next time!!! Cool Runnings:glasses:
  • debs6
    Options
    Yay !!!! Today I did my first ever 30 minute run and was pleased to be able to finish it - although I have to say I really had to stick it out and I found it a real challenge. I don't think it had anything to do with the extra few minutes - I think it had more to do with the sudden very warm weather here. Even though I waited until after sunset - it was still quite warm. Either that - or I was just off for the day. I didn't run as far as I was running in week - even though I felt really challenged the whole time.
    Like Mocha- I have decided that once I am finished( in just two more running days), I will continue to run 3 times a week and focus on improving my distance/speed. The weather is poised here to really heat up - so hopefully I will not have to make too many concessions or changes to my running.
    Keep up the great work team - soon we will all be finished!!

Debbie
  • debs6
    Options
    Just finished W9D3- so I AM OFFICIALLY A GRADUATE OF C25K----YAY!!!!!
    I still need to work on my distance and I will do that over the next few weeks until I manage to do the 5K within the thirty minute allocation. It is good as it will keep me on track and encourage me to keep going. Keep up the great work gang- I am sure we will have several more graduates in the next few days to weeks.
    Thanks for the support - it has really kept me focussed and on track
    Debbie
  • MochaBlues
    Options
    WOW Great Job Debs6!! CONGRATULATIONS on being a C25k Grad~:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: That's so wonderful, well this holiday week has taken its toll on me - but I did just literally finish week 8, day 3 just a few moments ago! I managed to get in day 2 yesterday... thanksgiving was rough, but I'm so glad I didn't let it deter me from sticking with it.

Just one more week left until I get to join the ranks of the grads:glasses: Really looking forward to it. Well today's run 38 minutes at 4.1 mph, unfortunately my HRM didn't record the whole run,so I didn't have an accurate calorie burn-but yesterday's was 311...so I'll take that! This week is nearing the end for me-everyone keep it up!! Cool Runnings!!
  • KiyaK
    Options
    AWESOME Deb!! Truly something to be proud of. We should all be proud that we stuck with the entire program. That's over 2 months!!

Mocha, I also finished week 8 this week. Went home for Tday, and my parents live in the country on a sand road. The hubby convinced me to run a 4-mile section with him. Ended up with 4.1 miles in 44 minutes including warm-up & cool-down... As my husband ran in the piles of sand left by the grater... apparently I run too slow for him :grumble: lol

Can't believe we're almost done!! And my first 5k is only 2 weeks away. Eek! Like both of you, I plan on continuing running 3 times a week and hopefully running many more 5ks :bigsmile:
  • debs6
    Options
    Really well done to both Mocha and Kyak- you have both done really well and are approaching the end at a rapid pace.I think it is kinda nice that you both head into week 9 together - as hopefully you will finish pretty close to one another. Mocha- my speed works out to be much the same as yours - and I am trying to work on increasing it slowly. I think it will come with time and increased resilience. Today when I ran I thought I was going to do very badly as I found the run a challenge as I am just coming out of a two day migraine. Even walking yesterday was such a struggle. Pleasantly I found I had made just a small improvement - so considering everything - I was delighted.

Good luck with your final week- and look forward to your graduation in three more runs

Debbie
  • KiyaK
    Options
    Literally just finished my LAST RUN OF C25K!!!! I'm maaaaybe a little excited... :bigsmile:

Starting out, I really didn't know if I would finish. I have always HATED running with a passion, and even my mom thought I was crazy for attempting this program. But I have REALLY enjoyed it. It has made me push myself and improve in something I have always sucked at. I even had my husband buy me Underarmour coldgear so I can continue to run throughout the winter :tongue:

And my first 5k race is next Sunday!! Can't wait to see how it goes :happy:

I would like to say THANK YOU Deb & Mocha for all the support throughout the last 9 weeks. I really don't think I would have stuck with it if I didn't know I had this group to report back to. Good luck in all your future running!!!:flowerforyou:
  • MochaBlues
    Options
    Okay so happy to report...Today was my LAST run!! YAY!! Feels so good to finally be a graduate along with both of YOU!!

I will continue to run 3x per week and like Debs6 work on increasing my speed....Kiyak, I'll be rooting for you as you complete your 1st 5K- I know you'll do awesome!

Continue on Ladies and Rock oN!:flowerforyou: :glasses: :drinker: :drinker: Cool Runnings!!
  • debs6
    Options
    So well done to both of you!!!! I already sent a message to Kyak on the mobile app-and only noticed today that you have finished as well Mocha- so wonderful. I have to say the same Kyak- it has been a delight reporting back to both of you and having two lovely women to share the journey with. Mocha you will have to let me know how you go with your distance as you build up. I have just bought a treadmill as the weather is getting too hot here for running outside most evenings and I have never been fond of the idea of going to gyms. I still much prefer the idea of running outside - but sometimes the weather just doesn't allow it. Kyak - please make sure you keep us up to date with how your run goes in the next week or so - I remember it is coming up soon.

Thanks so much for the ongoing companionship and support- we will have to make sure we stay in touch :)
    Debbie
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    wow...so from all that started it was the three of you that finished it out!! Proud of y'all!!
    I am still fumbling along. Finished week 6 day 1 last night. It wasn't bad at all. I took about a two week break!! I am looking foward to the 25 minute runs...believe it or not! I am ready for them.
    Wishing you all the best on your journeys of running.
    I will continue to plod along. Not planning on doing any 5k's until March or April of next year. I am having some cosmetic surgery in a couple of weeks..so I will be out for about 4 weeks!

As always....cool runnings :glasses: :glasses: :drinker: :drinker: