Replies

• Chellek81
    Chellek81 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    2 miles down and only 8 pushups to go!!
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I was also out of town this weekend and have just joined the challenge. I only lost about 4 lbs last month and was very disappointed because during the summer I was losing 10 lbs a month! I gotta get back on track and not let college pull me down and bring my weight back up!!! Ready for this! WIll be doing my push-ups and running shortly!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Anyone else sore from the push-ups??? I can't move my arms today but I've still pushed through 20 this morning :bigsmile: Just a question....can a Zumba class count towards my 3 miles for the week? I wear a HRM so I should be able to work out how many miles (or in my case kilometers!) I've done?

Yes - if you have some way to convert activity to miles - that's perfectly fine! (That's actually how we're going to do November's challenge!!)
  • Athena413
    Options
    Hi, can i still join?

Absolutely! Just add your name and starting weight to the spreadsheet!
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    OMG, pushups are killing me!!! But I can already see a difference in my arms, so I'll push through it. I've had to space out the 60 pushups during the day, so I can actually complete it. Oh, also doing the knee pushups, as I can only complete 2 proper pushups before falling flat on my face. This is such fun though, and I honestly look forward to completing every day.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Weigh in.. 202.6..
    Only got 60 pushups done!! My arms are killing me!!..lol..
    1.76 miles walked since Sunday.
    48 oz of water down..
  • Athena413
    Options
    Push up every day or every other day? I thought we only can do weight lifting every other day so the muscle has time to recover.

If you are concerned about muscle recovery - feel free to skip a day.
  • Athena413
    Options
    I am new to MFP and I could not find the spreadsheet. I tried to put the spread sheets url manually said it wasn't there...please help i know must be doing something wrong:sad:

You should just be able to copy and paste the link into your browser. I think you have to be using a PC, though - don't think it works with phones.
  • Athena413
    Options
    Just a friendly reminder - please do not change the sorting or any of the formulas in the spreadsheet...only add your name/update your weights. :smile:
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I didn't see this until today, but I weighted on 10/1, so putting that in and starting push ups tomorrow!
  • youuluvashh
    youuluvashh Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Week 1:

10/1 - NOTHING
    10/2 - NOTHING
    10/3 - 64oz - DONE/ Push-Ups- DONE/ 0 Miles out of 3
    10/4 -
    10/5-
    10/6-
    10/7-

Should I count the distance on my eliptical or just when I go walking/jogging??
  • Athena413
    Options

You can count elliptical - the goal of the mini-challenges is to get people up and moving...if you're already actively working out, you can stick with what you normally do. To be honest, I don't do a lot of the mini-challenges because I have a set schedule I do from my personal trainer. Some people just need that extra push that a challenge brings.
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    My weight is in, water drank every day, walking done every day but the push up are a no go....too hard on my knee replacements.

Pam aka Cherubcrnp
  • Seraph1120
    Seraph1120 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    3.5 miles done so far! Woohoo...not stopping there though. I like that I'm starting to feel more comfortable jogging.
    Haven't gotten to the push-ups yet...procrastination. I'll get them started tomorrow. =P
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    10/1 64 oz water / 60 push-ups / 0 miles
    10/2 80 oz water / 60 push-ups / 0 miles
    10/3 80 oz water / 60 push-ups / 0 miles
    10/4
    10/5
    10/6

I ought to have fantastic upper arms this week since I'm also in a challenge that we're doing wood chops in! WHEW!!! I LOVE the burn!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I just noticed the weekly challenge now. I'm almost to the water goal but pushups have not been done yet but I'll try to get as many as I can done tonight.
  • zumbawhit
    zumbawhit Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    It's cool that people can convert Zumba and elliptical exercises to running, but I think (if you are able) if you'll TRY to run, even a short distance, you'll see that it is COMPLETELY different. I was doing Zumba for 5 months before I ever started running, and it was still a whole different ball game. Once I started running, Zumba kept my VO2 level up, but not really the other way around. But still... to each his own!
  • manorexicmarshmallow
    Options

You can count elliptical - the goal of the mini-challenges is to get people up and moving...if you're already actively working out, you can stick with what you normally do. To be honest, I don't do a lot of the mini-challenges because I have a set schedule I do from my personal trainer. Some people just need that extra push that a challenge brings.

Thanks, I want to do the weight-loss challenge, but was worried the other challenges would injure me, given that my Ripped in 30 workouts are practically killing me already.
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm 90 pushups in and 1 mile so far.

10/1: 0
    10/2: 0
    10/3: 90 pushups, 1 mile
    10/4: ?
    10/5: ?
    10/6: ?
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    10/3: 64oz water, 60 pushups, 2 miles jogged