Thinner for Thanksgiving! 7 week challenge

Options

Replies

• Mandalicious
    Options
    Worked in my garden this morning - harvested green beans, peppers, cilantro, squash, kale, chard, tomatoes. Good eats for the week! Weeded, moved bricks around so my husband could put up his greenhouse -- my hammies are already feeling it!

Dinner tonight was maple syrup/mustard glazed salmon, brown rice, steamed green beans, and roasted delicata and acorn squashes. So yummy! Best part about eating at home - easier to stay low on calories!

Got my 20 push-ups in today - triceps are sore from yesterday! Getting it done, though! Love seeing everyone's efforts!
  • mobskee
    mobskee Posts: 200
    Options
    Way to go everyone!! This is great! I woke up today with a TERRIBLE migraine and almost thought of cancelling my plans to go walking and stay in bed instead. Well I got my butt up, took soom aspirine and got moving! Did my 20 pushups and power walked for 62 minutes! Have a great weekend!

Wow! You're pretty tough! I turn into the biggest baby ever when I get a migraine....I don't care about anything buy making the pain go away.
  • Keisha604
    Keisha604 Posts: 126
    Options
    The one thing I love about push ups is that you notice improvement every time you do them. =) I did 10 bent knee push ups and 10 regular push ups! Hoping to bust out 20 regular push ups by the end of the week.
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    The one thing I love about push ups is that you notice improvement every time you do them. =) I did 10 bent knee push ups and 10 regular push ups! Hoping to bust out 20 regular push ups by the end of the week.

Keisha - I thought it was harder the 2nd day! For our mini challenge I've been doing regular pushups, but when I do 30DS I do the bent knee and normally get about 20 in each time you do them. Glad I'm pushing myself to do the regular ones. Thanks Mandy!
  • kmvp08
    kmvp08 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    YES!! 20 regular push ups!! Woot! :happy:
  • kmvp08
    Options
    Worked in my garden this morning - harvested green beans, peppers, cilantro, squash, kale, chard, tomatoes. Good eats for the week! Weeded, moved bricks around so my husband could put up his greenhouse -- my hammies are already feeling it!

Dinner tonight was maple syrup/mustard glazed salmon, brown rice, steamed green beans, and roasted delicata and acorn squashes. So yummy! Best part about eating at home - easier to stay low on calories!

Got my 20 push-ups in today - triceps are sore from yesterday! Getting it done, though! Love seeing everyone's efforts!

Yum, that sounds good. I've wanted to start a garden for the last year. I could probably grow something all year round with our temperate climate, but I'd have to grow in containers of some sort as we dont' have that much real yard/grass.

When you have time to share let me know how you started and what you do for pest/weed control. Thanks!
  • henney16
    Options
    YES!! 20 regular push ups!! Woot! :happy:

Nice job Kelly! I've yet to do mine tonight, hopefully I can manage. Did a little weight lifting at the gym tonight to get acclomated with the machines there so I can start a strength training routine. I'll get my 20 in tonight, not sure if they will be at the same time start to finish though!

Dave
  • MarineWifey09
    Options

That sounds amazing!!!! I will be doing my 20 soon. I took today off although we swam around a bit at the beach and walked the mall. I am way under my cals so it's okay to take today off :)
  • kmvp08
    Options
    Thanks Henney!

I need work on my Ticker I guess...oopsie
  • momof2_0710
    momof2_0710 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone...so friday and saturday were not so great, but i'm already back to what I should and need to be doing to get where I want to be. As for the mini challenge I have been doing the pushups. I'm trying to push out 20 regular pushups without getting on the knees, and man its hard. The last few I have to because my arms are wobbly by then. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Jennifer
  • henney16
    Options
    Hey everyone...so friday and saturday were not so great, but i'm already back to what I should and need to be doing to get where I want to be. As for the mini challenge I have been doing the pushups. I'm trying to push out 20 regular pushups without getting on the knees, and man its hard. The last few I have to because my arms are wobbly by then. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Jennifer

We are here for you Jennifer. Lets do this! Hope your weekend was good also. I normally do better on the weekends because I work long days on Saturdays and 8 or 9 hours on Sundays, so I make sure to plan and bring food, or pick takeout food that will go along with my needs. My trouble days are Mondays and Wednesdays when I'm home and around all of my wife's Pregnancy food! LOL.

Dave
  • Mandalicious
    Options
    Jennifer - Sorry you had a hard weekend. Hopefully that interview rocks today! :) Hang in there, just do your best! And good for you for keeping up with the push-ups. Every morning is a new start - make it a great day!
  • bkhottiema
    Options
    I'M HERE AND READY, BUT YOU HAVE A LIMIT AM I TOO LATE. I'M NEW HERE AND I NEED FRIENDS SO ADD ME IF YOU WISH.
  • bkhottiema
    Options
    SO DO I NEED TO DO A TICKER? I'M AT WORK NOW SO i'LL BE IN AND OUT, BUT DID i JOIN THIS GROUP, I'M A LITTLE CONFUSED? HELPPPPPP!!!:blushing: :huh:
  • henney16
    Options
    SO DO I NEED TO DO A TICKER? I'M AT WORK NOW SO i'LL BE IN AND OUT, BUT DID i JOIN THIS GROUP, I'M A LITTLE CONFUSED? HELPPPPPP!!!:blushing: :huh:

bkhottiema - send a message to 'mandalicous' (she has several posts in this thread) to see if she can add you.
  • kmvp08
    Options

Jennifer

No worries, it's a new week and we'll all help each other. Mandalicous mentioned an interview for you - good luck, impress them! :)
  • henney16
    Options
    So, on days where I can't get out for a ride (now with the weather and it getting darker early I haven't been on my actual bike in weeks) I either go to the gym and ride there or do the 30 Day Shred at my house. I've probably done level 1 about a dozen times (maybe more) and was getting comfortable with it (not supper comfortable, but I knew what comes next and how long i have left with a certain move based on what she's talking about) so today I decided to jump up to level 2. Holy cow did it kick my *kitten*! - but in a good way. I burned 358 calories in that time from (level 1 i do about 300 to 330 on days I 'm really pushing it). I thought today's burn was great considering the extra pushups I've been doing plus doing a little lifting yesterday at the gym. Anyway, i'm pooped, my arms are mush (in a good way) and I've got my 20 push ups for our mini challenge out of the way and then some. Hopefully you are all pluggin along.

I want to hear how you are all doing. Communication and motiviating each other will help us along the way!

Dave
  • momof2_0710
    momof2_0710 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I think some of you have me confused with the other Jennifer on here. lol I was like what interview are yall talking about. Then I realized there is another Jennifer on here. So not to confuse everyone I'll sign my name from now on as Jay. That is what my family calls me anyways. So today I went for a 30 min walk with the kids. I could only get 30 mins in due to it getting darker earlier. Came home and did Insanity and after did 30 DS Lvl 1. I've already completed the 30 DS but I decided I'll do another round of it. I also did my pushups even though I had to do them in the 30 day shred.

Dave - way to go doing level 2! I know exactly what you mean about it kicking your *kitten*. It was a big difference for me as well. Just wait til you get to level 3. Do you have an HRM that counts your calories? If so may I ask what kind you have? I've been looking into them but there are so many choices to chose from. I'll be getting one as soon as it can fit in my budget (hopefully soon).

Well hope everyone had a wonderful day!

Jay
  • henney16
    Options
    I think some of you have me confused with the other Jennifer on here. lol I was like what interview are yall talking about. Then I realized there is another Jennifer on here. So not to confuse everyone I'll sign my name from now on as Jay. That is what my family calls me anyways. So today I went for a 30 min walk with the kids. I could only get 30 mins in due to it getting darker earlier. Came home and did Insanity and after did 30 DS Lvl 1. I've already completed the 30 DS but I decided I'll do another round of it. I also did my pushups even though I had to do them in the 30 day shred.

Dave - way to go doing level 2! I know exactly what you mean about it kicking your *kitten*. It was a big difference for me as well. Just wait til you get to level 3. Do you have an HRM that counts your calories? If so may I ask what kind you have? I've been looking into them but there are so many choices to chose from. I'll be getting one as soon as it can fit in my budget (hopefully soon).

Well hope everyone had a wonderful day!

Jay

Jay - I just looked at my HRM and it doesn't have a brand on it, lol! I looked at the chest strap that goes with it and it says "Pulse Sonic" on it. I spent about $40 and got it from Amazon. I was on a budget too, and honestly wasn't sure how long I'd stick with the lifestyle change. At the same time, I don't eat my exercise calories back. I set my daily intake to 2000 calories. On days I don't exercise I usually come in at 1800, on days that I do exercise, I usually eat 2200 to 2500 calories and just listen to my body. It has worked for me so far, I eat all the time it feels like, but not to the point where I'm stuffed and unable to move (which I still plan on doing Thanksgiving - sorry everyone! haha!).

I hear a lot about POLAR HRM's being really good, but they are a little pricy. I will probably upgrade here pretty soon, but like I said, I'm not super particular about that as I don't eat my calories back, as we all know that calculating burned calories is an estimate anyways. If my current method stops working for me, I'll change things up and try new things, but until then, I'm doing great, look great (ok better than I did) and have a better outlook on life! Ok, I'm doing talking!

Dave
  • Balanced_Life
    Balanced_Life Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Glad to see that everyone's been making progress!

Day 4 went according to plan. I did 4 regular push-ups and 16 bent knee push-ups...tomorrow I'll continue to replace one additional bent knee push-up with a regular push-up. Its great that this mini-challenge gave me the incentive to push myself a bit and start doing regular push-ups!

Last weekend was very busy. Aside spending a few hours finishing work stuff and doing my usual ~7 hrs of cooking (I cook all of my food for the week on the weekend, since I don't have time on the weekdays), I had to sand the front door so that I can re-stain it next weekend. I had no clue how to do it, so researching the method, getting supplies, and doing the sanding took a lot of time. But I was happy that I stuck to my exercise and eating plans all weekend! Doing this challenge made me feel super motivated! :happy:

@ Dave (henney16) - wow, you work a lot of hours on the weekend. Great job on planning all of your food -- and on doing 20 regular push-ups! And sounds like you're getting some really good workouts in!

@ Maria (mobskee) -- great job on doing the push-ups! They're pretty hard when you're doing it for the first time.

@ Kelly (kmvp08) -- thanks! I increased by 1 according to plan today. :smile: Your workout goal sounds great! And its fantastic that you were able to do 20 regular push-ups!

@ Wimberly (MarineWifey09) - wow, you're really tough... I don't think I could have done that. Its great that you persevered despite the migraine. :flowerforyou:

@ Mandy (Mandalicious) - its fantastic that you're growing your own veggies! Your dinner sounds delicious and very healthy. And I agree, its definitely much easier to eat healthy when you cook your own food. I usually cook all of the food that I eat during the week and only eat out very occasionally.

@ Keisha (Keisha604) - getting to 20 regular push-ups by the end of the week is a great goal!

@ Jennifer (jenniferkaye3306) - how did your interview go?

@ Jay (momof2_0710) - glad you're back on track -- just take it one day at a time. WTG on the push-ups! And great job on the workout. By the way, I've been thinking about getting an HRM too. But like Dave said, the calorie measurement is just an estimate so I'm on the fence about whether to get one. Which HRM do you like best so far?