Black Team Challenge Week 3

Options

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! :heart: He's taken a REALLY long nap so I'm sure he'll be great once he gets up. One of those silly boy things. :frown:

Lori - it is the first time, believe it or not. LOL I'm honsetly surprised it took this long.:ohwell:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I got a sun burn today. We had a little fair thingy at work today. Oh yeah where only 3 out of 7 workers showed up. but anyways, we didn't need them. I had to lift a 400 pound bouncy house with ALMOST no help. again we had no kiddlings show up in three hours we saw a total of 6 kids. BORING!!!!!

Hope everyones day was good. Since I upped my calories I have stayed way way below the minimum. I'm heading to the garage to workout. I shall be back soon.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I got a sun burn today.

That's it - my spirit is completely broken... :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

The sun - is that the yellow round thing that used to be in the sky, you know, when you could leave the house without hats and mittens??

I so need to spend some more time with the sun - should perhaps start looking for flights south - like now.. :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously Sam, I really am glad you had some good weather today. I know it has been cold down there lately and that is really not right. :noway: :noway: :noway:

Sara, glad to hear Z is sleeping and relaxing - what a day for you guys..

I managed to get in 30 minutes of aerobics (Wii outdoor challenge) and 30 minutes of strength training. Almost made up for the team cancelling swim practise. Will get my swim in tomorrow..

Hope everyone is having a great night. janie
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Didnt get to the gym today thanks to the friggin snow storm we got going up here in Maine. I did at least let Billy Blanks kick my butt for 40 mins so It was still a good day. Sorry about the Sunburn sam. that hurts! OUCH :noway: Janibeth- never heard of the wii outdoor challenge thing. I am gonna be googling that stuff asap. lol. Maine winters can be such a downer. I'll just go snuggle with the DW. that always makes it better. lol Be back later!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Didnt get to the gym today thanks to the friggin snow storm we got going up here in Maine. I did at least let Billy Blanks kick my butt for 40 mins so It was still a good day. Sorry about the Sunburn sam. that hurts! OUCH :noway: Janibeth- never heard of the wii outdoor challenge thing. I am gonna be googling that stuff asap. lol. Maine winters can be such a downer. I'll just go snuggle with the DW. that always makes it better. lol Be back later!

I guess I can't complain about a couple crappy cold weather days when everyone else is in below zero weather. I did another crazy work out on the treadmill 30 minutes = 2.25 miles and 373 calories and 10 minutes of hula hoops plus free step 2650 steps in 30 minutes and free run 1.25 miles in 10 minutes.

I will talk to everyone in the AM I hope this week WILL be better then last!!

BLACK TEAM ROCKS!!!!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Today I played basket bingo to benefit my boss's daughter's basketball team...I WALKED there...and back...AND! I WON! A Longaberger basket AND a door prize (some Mary Kay products)...so awesome! And to top it off...the basket is a recipe box, so it came with kitchen shears, recipe cards, and measuring cups and spoons...now I have my very own so I can do this challenge with my brand spankin' new measuring devices...so exciting lol!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    YAY, Laura! Good for you! That is some exciting stuff!

Sam - sunburnt, huh? Hhmmm...somehow I'm lacking sympathy for that one. :tongue: hehe Sorry your day was SO boring, though. That makes the hours drag by at work. Good job on the kick butt workout!

Spyguy - good for you still getting in your workout even if you couldn't make it to the gym! Billy kicks some butt!

JanieBeth - if you see the sun...let me know. I forgot what it looks like, too. Stupid winter. :grumble:

NEW WEEK NEW WEEK! It HAS to be better, right?! Perhaps after this horrible week our scales will all reward us with fantastic numbers on Wednesday! Oh! I'd like to do a mini challenge on top of our regular weekly challenge for us all next weekend. Two days can't be that bad, right?! :bigsmile:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Morning!

Sarah-I hope your little guy is feeling better. Yes,our scales will reward us with some awesome numbers by wednesday. I went over on my cals yesterday (MIL had the kids,DH and I went out for dinner:bigsmile: ) AND its TTOTM for me so I may not be contributing to the losses this week:ohwell:

Laura-Congrats on all the prizes and high fives on walking to the party!

Janiebeth-I will send the sun your way today....We can't really enjoy being out in it but i can see it through the clouds. If we can just make it to spring...ugh!

Amanda-I know what you mean...I love the feeling that i get after a workout. Its a feeling of accomplishment....LOVE IT! (course,eating those calories isn't too shabby either..LOL)

Hey to everybody!

bbl
  • janiebeth
    Options
    thanks for the sun punka - it is actually really pretty shining off the snow. We ended up with around 6 inches last night in CT - they were predicting 1-3. Looks like a great day to go sledding..

spyguy - the wii outdoor challenge is made by "Active Life". I just tried it for the first time yesterday. It has you go through a series of activities that have you running and jumping over logs, jumping from post to post, and sliding through a tube. It uses a plastic mat on the floor to measure where your feet are and when you jump. Great fun!!

Laura - nice work on basket bingo. Sounds like it was a lot of fun and for a good cause - kudos all around.

Things are a little calm around here today. DH at work, me and kids are off. May do some sledding and some shopping. The pool is open this evening, so will go for a good workout.

Have a great day all.. jb
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Just popping in for a moment to say hello to all my fellow BLACK TEAM members. Go team black!
    I truly hope all of you have a terrific week and the scale is kind to all of us. I am so excited, I start water aerobics tomorrow! :smile:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    What the heck is going on around here? Just reading posts to catch up and I'm like :noway: WHAT?
    Erg.

Anyway... morning all. I feel like death. Haa.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Don't know how the scale is going to be this week. Think I might be at my first plataue. Either way ill keep pluggin away. Have a great day everyone!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    How is everyone doing with the challenge? I just measured my yogurt. 4 oz. isn't that much...:grumble: BUT, I measured it! I'm eating it out of the measuring cup as we speak! LOL
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Don't know how the scale is going to be this week. Think I might be at my first plataue. Either way ill keep pluggin away. Have a great day everyone!

SSSSSssshhhh...p-word. I hope you aren't! Try to wait until Wed. before you worry! You still did awesome last week so let's hope that it is just the Monday Slush working out. Yes...that is a technical term.

Good morning, Nicky! I hope you feel better soon! :flowerforyou:

JanieBeth - I think sledding with kids should count for about 10000000 calories. :bigsmile:

Amanda - YAY for water aerobics! I think you'll love it! Nice morning kick in the pants. :happy:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I just did 45 minutes on the ellitical. Today was the first time I worked out since Thursday. :blushing: I've just not felt like it. (I know Jillian would not accept that excuse.) But I made sure to not go over my calories any of those days.

I usually measure all of my food so I thought this challenge would be easy. But there are a few meals we make that I realize I estimate so I'm really trying to measure. For a snack, instead of estimating a large apple or a medium orange, I now cut them up and measure them on my scale.

Before the Biggest Loser challenge, I used to weigh myself every day or 2. Now I try to only weigh myself once a week. I gave in and weighed the other day and was surprised by a loss. :happy: I just hope I can keep it for the weigh-in this week and I don't gain it back.

Dave doesn't get on here much so I will report for him. :laugh: He has been working out 5-6 days a week. (I think he said he did every day for the last 9.) And he's not going over his calories at all. He usually has some left. (Men get so many more calories to eat. So unfair!) And he's really staying motivated which is helping when I'm being all Blah! about working out.
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning fellow black team members!
    I just wanted to check in with everyone, been reading all the posts about how everyone is doing:happy: I think we're gonna ROCK those scales this week!:drinker: Sounds like everyone has been doing really good! Ive gotten all my exercise in for the past 2 weeks and only had 1 "off" dinner. But I pretty much allowed for it that day so I didnt go to much over my calories for the day and made sure I worked out extra to help offset the dinner:blushing: I just wanted to say that I think everyone is doing fantastic and should be very proud!:flowerforyou: Talk to you all soon!:smile:
    ~Roni
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    It really was a bad week. Here's my addition....

Hubby went out in the car earlier, had to scrape the windows, darn snow, ANYWAY, We were going out for a little bit together and when I got into the car I felt like I had been stabbed in the back side. Yeah, he left the scraper on the seat, points up. The bruise I have back there OUCH.. Broke the skin, so darn sore. I know its not a biggie but tell that to my back side. Is it Spring yet?
  • janiebeth
    Options

JanieBeth - I think sledding with kids should count for about 10000000 calories. :bigsmile:

perhaps, but only if I have to pull the 9 year old back up the hill :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry you are still not feeling well nikki

Hope everyones day is going well. jb
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies checkin in i'm up to 199lbs...Sorry:cry: But its bout that time of the month for me n I've been struggling with flippin food..Sorry guys..Whats this weeks chanalleges??
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies checkin in i'm up to 199lbs...Sorry:cry: But its bout that time of the month for me n I've been struggling with flippin food..Sorry guys..Whats this weeks chanalleges??

We are still on Tresa's challenge, then on Wednesday Punka is posting a new one, and then next week Spyguy has one for us...the weeks after that are open as far as I know...but the challenges have been running from Tuesday night/Wednesday morning to Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.