Black Team Challenge Week 3

Options

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

This weeks challenge is good for me as well. Much discipline to measure - but it seems to be helping.

I ended up swimming last night 45 minutes vigorously and then another 15 minutes trying to keep my daughter swimming. She was really pooped, but had another 100 yards of backstroke before she was done. So I offered to do it with her. Not my best stroke, so was a bit slow..

then went home for a banana peanut butter smoothie - well worth the swim..

sara - chasing kids around is just as good for you as lifting weights, wish there was a category for that in the exercise post.

everyone else - you all sound like you are doing great - keep up the good work..

GO BLACK!!! :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

janiebeth

I'm SO jealous you were swimming! I haven't been swimming in years & nearly signed up for a Y membership last week b/c I so badly want to start swimming again. That PB/banana smoothie sounds delicious, too! Man! I need to get off of here today. I'm getting hungry.:grumble:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Good morning Black Team! Well the Cheetos got the best of me last night, I had to have some, now this morning I am trying to figure out why I thought I needed them. Dumb TOM! Today is a new day, a better day! I am AMAZED at the number of calories I used to consume in a day, it is no woNder I am fat.

Sara, hope you have a great day! I agree chasing kids should be an exercise in itself. I am taking my oldest two and a couple of friends bowling today so hopefully that should count as some exercise.

Marla, sleep is a WONDERFUL thing! Ever since I quit the soda pop, hence caffiene, I am sleeping very good. After four years of not sleeping and lots of Tynoel PM, I am starting to feel good again. I am glad you got some last night!

Spyguy, you are amazing, I can hardly do 10 to 15 minutes on that machine. You ROCK!

Amelia, I am so glad your husband got this far in the interview process. Hoping and praying that the right positiion opens for him.

JanieBeth, I went into the pool yesterday, although I am quite jealous of your actual swimming. I was able to swim very little, it was for my 4 year old hydrotherapy and the therapist and I work together with her. I used to take a water aerobic class and I am seriously considering signing-up again. I have to decide if I want to get up at 5 to get there.

HI Sam!

Anyway, GO BLACK TEAM, WE CAN DO IT! JILLIAN IS ON OUR BUTTS! :smile:
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    I did manage to get in about 15min. last night! The Office was calling me! I need to get a dvr...

The fact that I didn't want to miss the office is why I didn't peal myself off the elliptical last night. Lol. Couldn't miss andy finding out about dwight and angela. Lol

NOOO NOOOO!!!!!! I forgot to watch The Office last night!!!!!! :mad:

Dang it.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I did manage to get in about 15min. last night! The Office was calling me! I need to get a dvr...

The fact that I didn't want to miss the office is why I didn't peal myself off the elliptical last night. Lol. Couldn't miss andy finding out about dwight and angela. Lol

Dang it.

I think you can watch it on nbc.com today!
  • Vanessa414
    Options

Dang it.

I think you can watch it on nbc.com today!

Really!??!

*Whew*

I can't even remember the last time I forgot to watch The Office. :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Good morning, Amanda! See! Logging your food is such an eye-opener, isn't it! The cheetos won't be the end of the world. You're doing good! I sayt sign-up for that water aerobics class! It sounds like good fun!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Wow!! We are a quiet bunch tonight huh? Not much from me either. I worked all day and ate all day. I am way over on calories and everything else. I can't help myself when I am bored at work I just eat and eat. I can be home all day long and not eat anything but the minute I get to work everything changes. Tomorrow should be better. We have kids signed up for the program in the morning and then I am going to see if I can go home early because it's supposed to get to about 45 as a high and no one will want to do activities so we don't need 3 people there.

Hope everyone did better then I did and have a great night!
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Today has been a day of ups and downs. Up because it's the last day of work for me. I have two days off now! Down because I felt very sick after the gym (dizzy spells, weak spells, hot and cold spells, very strange), my mind kept wandering to bills that I haven't paid yet and that I can't pay until the end of the month, my clothes aren't any smaller and honestly that bums me out a little when I'm walking around in these super unstylish, dumpy things (all I could afford that would fit boo). So anyway, I'm not sure if I should be happy for two days off or just overwhelmed by the challenges of life in general. :smile:

Oh well. If I can find a place to ice skate tomorrow I will be happy.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    iceskate.gif

Here you go, Nicky-- :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hope you have a better day-- bad days suck-- :smile:

Nite friends!!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Team, I am afraid I am going to be a let down this week. Work is stressing me out. Home is stressing me out. I am doing lousy at this week's challenge, I think I haven't logged for 2 days . I used to overeat when I was stressed and now I think I have gone the extreme opposite and I am not getting enough to eat!

Okay, I'm done being a whinebag, this week is nearly over!!

On the bright side, I am joining the YMCA this weekend and soon will be getting to Zumba.

Lynnie
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    My TEAM! *HUGS*

Lynnie - You will never be a let down! Did you realize I gained over THREE pounds the first week?! I'm still here! *hugs* We all have our ups & downs & that's okay. We're all here learning how to deal with them better without using food as an escape. Horray for the Y! I hope you really enjoy it!

Nicky - I understand the stress about the bills. :frown: I think we've ALL been there at some point in our lives. The clothes fitting...well...that'll get better. I didn't notice any change until I lost my first 15# or so. You're doing awesome with the weight training, too so once your clothes do start fitting better you are going to look smokin' hot! You are doing great, my dear!! *hugs* I hope you find somewhere to go ice skating!

Sam - I'm sorry you have the eating problem at work. I used to as well. I think it was a coping mechanism for me b/c I HATED my job & at that point in time, life was just crazy. Try not to worry about yesterday. It was just one day! We all have bumps in the road. Have you tried chewing gum at work? Chewing a cinnamon gum or a peppermint gum always helped me b/c nothing really tasted that good after I got done chewing it. It just tasted like...gum.:ohwell: I hope you can get off of work early today!

I got my strength training in yesterday but never got my cardio done thanks to my family...the kids, my husband & my mom & dad. Seriously! I was doing crap for everybody yesterday! Just means a double dose for me today. All things considered, I was right in the ballpark for my calories...maybe just a little over. I'm breastfeeding so that's an estimation game right there.

Have a lovely Saturday, black team!
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Team, I am afraid I am going to be a let down this week. Work is stressing me out. Home is stressing me out. I am doing lousy at this week's challenge, I think I haven't logged for 2 days . I used to overeat when I was stressed and now I think I have gone the extreme opposite and I am not getting enough to eat!

Okay, I'm done being a whinebag, this week is nearly over!!

On the bright side, I am joining the YMCA this weekend and soon will be getting to Zumba.

Lynnie

Im so sorry your having such a hard time....try not to stress so much, Im sending you some hugs as well! I hope everything settles for you soon!:flowerforyou:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Today has been a day of ups and downs. Up because it's the last day of work for me. I have two days off now! Down because I felt very sick after the gym (dizzy spells, weak spells, hot and cold spells, very strange), my mind kept wandering to bills that I haven't paid yet and that I can't pay until the end of the month, my clothes aren't any smaller and honestly that bums me out a little when I'm walking around in these super unstylish, dumpy things (all I could afford that would fit boo). So anyway, I'm not sure if I should be happy for two days off or just overwhelmed by the challenges of life in general. :smile:

Oh well. If I can find a place to ice skate tomorrow I will be happy.

i hope you feel better soon....maybe a day off from everything will make you feel better:flowerforyou: Hugs to you!

Good Morning to everybody that I missed:drinker:

Afte work today i plan on doing some type of workout...have no idea yet:ohwell: I just put in my breakfast,snack,lunch and i only have 600 cals left(usually have 1000) so ive got to burn some today if i don't want to starve tonight....bbl

have a great saturday!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Girls thanks for the encouragement. You don't know how much your positive words mean to me.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Good morning Black Team!!

Hang in there Sam, Nicky, and Lynnie (and whoever else is struggling and hasn't told us yet). Stress makes everything harder, but the best defense is to take care of yourself the best you can.

Eat well, exercise when you can get it in - even if it is just a 5 minute walk away from your work space (can do wonders), and most of all don't add to the stress by worrying about what you are doing to cope with it. We all will have bad days and then bounce back - it is part of life.

I know you will be back at it in no time.. :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Have a beautiful, peaceful, active day all. I am off to a swim meet with the DDs - I will mostly be sitting around and cheering them on, but will hit the Wii tonight.

janiebeth
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Good morning my fellow black teamers.

I just wanted to pop on and wish you all a wonderful day.

For any of us that are hitting bumps in the road this week I wanted to share how I feel about it.

Time keeps moving forward, regardless of what I do I cannot stop the years from passing. Our children get older and nothing ever stays the same. But I do have a choice and I do have control over my life. Whether I lose one pound a year or one hundred I am still taking steps toward a better me. If I give up and choose to do nothing then the years will pass the same as they always have and I will be no better for its passing. But no number of setbacks can stop the impact of persistance. It will be a combination of big steps and littles steps with plenty of setbacks in between, But this will get me to where I want to go. We all have a choice. One year from today we can either be better than we are or worse. How much better isnt what matters. Just that we are better. The year is going to pass before our eyes either way. and when we look back on it lets see the victories, not the defeats. Lets see the good days that overcame the bad ones. And lets not dwell on where we fell short. It is not the first time and it definately wont be the last time. We're not perfect. I think we all admitted that when we came to MFP. But we have all decieded that we are worth more than our lives now reflect. We cannot stop the flow of time. But we can make the most of the time we have. You are ALL doing amazing things that months ago you would have believed out of your reach and I am proud to call all of you my friends. I am proud of our successes but more than that I am proud of our failures because each and every time I have seen one of you fail I have also seen you stand up and admit it. Dust yourselves off and keep moving forward and I think that it the biggest victory any of us can have.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I feel as though we need a group hug...

grouphug.jpg
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    I feel as though we need a group hug...

grouphug.jpg

Holy Hillarious picture Batman! lol

Thanks Beans you crack me up. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Seriously, though...that was a really nice & good way to put it, spyguy. Kudos to you! :flowerforyou: