Options
Sandydur
Sandydur Posts: 9,116 Member
1653930trtvhl5r0z.gif

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Loved the welcome Oct. , Sandy so cute:heart::heart: :heart: thank you.

Speaking of Oct, My goal is to stay on my plan for all of Oct.Sept was a good month for me and hope Oct s even better.
    I made a big chopped salad yesterday with lots of veggies cabbage brocoli , and a bag of brocoli, slaw chopped up, 1 apple chopped,It made so much iI I put half in a container without the dressing hoping it will keep longer. so delish. i have decided for this week I will eat 1 cup of beans, 1 c of chopped salad no cook veggies this week, since I have plenty or raw veggies in the chopped salad I will see ow this is playing out.

Happy October everyone So glad to have the honor of spending a another month with you all. Lets make this the best ever for all of us :heart: Marie.
  • Jake45
    Jake45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: good moning....ther's lots of work to do in October and still time to play golf :bigsmile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Happy October :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: my goal for September was to really do upper body strength training but I fell far short......except for being pulled on leashes by frisky poodles, my arms didn't get much of workout.

for October my goal will be to some puttering in the yard every day no matter what the weather......there are things I want to do to clean up the years of neglect and the time to start is now.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Good morning....my October goal is to just keep moving forward...any way that I can ! :glasses:

Ain't nothin' gonna to break my stride
    Nobody's gonna slow me down, oh-no
    I got to keep on movin'
    Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride
    I'm running and I won't touch ground
    Oh-no, I got to keep on movin'

dancing-girl-1.gif

Maddie :glasses:
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    [img][/img]631424rbg3g5r2aw.gif

Late start this morning, as we celebrate 34 whole years together! Unbelievable. Mike made reservations for a very pleasant homey restaurant as I told him he always has sacrificed so I could have my favorite, lobster! I'm getting tired of all the cracking, though!
    PHOEBE, I can't imagine Pizza moussaka, but I enjoy both so maybe it's delish!
    Have myriad of stuff to do today, so everyone have a great weekend...be well, and I'll check in when I can!
    Buzz
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Sandy: I tried to delete this same post from the September Golden Sneakers but no luck. :noway:

This morning I did my 25 mins. of Strength training, with Annie Lee High Deft Sculpt.
    Trying to get my water in for the day.

Went shopping at our Mall about 35-40 mins. away from us and I couldn't believe how
    the prices have gone up. I just wanted a pair of brown shoes with a low heel for work.
    Except for Payless I couldn't find a pair of shoes under $100.00.:frown: Don't forget this is
    Canada and then you add 14% tax on that. Well I did buy a pair of grey boots which go
    about mid calf at Payless for $50.00. Then I got the fragrance I was looking for at the
    Bath & Body Works, Pumpkin Cinnamon, I just love it. I bought the last four bottles in the store.
    It was so hard to find. Then I treated myself to a Pumpkin Spice Latte which cost me $4.75.
    It was delicious. :tongue:

So then I continued to go to one of our Niagara Falls outlet malls and bought my brown shoes.
    They cost me $70.00 and that was a good price.:frown: That is why I like to shop across the border
    your prices are so much better.
    Now home again and have ironing to do while I get Dave to do some odd jobs for me around
    the house. It has been a rainy weekend so far and cold temps in the 50's.
    The kind of day you want to stay in your jammies and watch movies or read a book.

Good Times. :laugh:
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon to you all. It is cloudy and looks like we may get some rain. We could use a good soak as we haven't had much in September. The farmers are very happy about that. After a bad harvest last year I am happy for them. I need to get out and get the rest of my tomatoes off the vines. I am tired of tucking them in at night! Neil is out on his bike so hope he doesn't get caught in the rain. He told me he coiled pedal fast. :laugh:

Marie -- I am so happy for you. You seem to have found a diet that meets your needs so well and what a great loss!! Keep it up, girlfriend! You had asked how long Neil has been in his home and it is just a couple weeks short of a year!! Hard to believe.

Shirley -- have you pulled the boat out yet? Always kind of a sad day. Sounds like you had a successful day of shopping. I missed out on the shopping gene, not one of my favorite things but I do like the results!

Buzz -- sounds like a wonderful dinner. I often just order the lobster tail to avoid all the cracking and digging but so so good either way.

Maddie -- great goal, move those feet and shake your hips!

Barbie -- have fun in the yard. I did some yard work a couple of days ago and was whipped following so I know it is good exercise!

Jake -- have fun on the golf course. It is also good exercise. I think the quote is "a good walk spoiled."

Sandy -- thanks for the new start. You are doing so well at maintaining your weight. Proud of you!

Jeri -- I hope you feel a little more relaxed after your appointment. It sounds like the plan is in place. We will be here cheering you on.

Phoebe -- nice to see you get to be at home for a bit with the kittens. Sounds like they missed you.

Irene -- hope things are going well. Think of you often.

Becky, Gigi, Phyllis and anyone I missed. Can't think, brain numb, inspiration won't come! I should have done this on the PC so I could check back. I know there is something I wanted to say. Hope your Mother continues to do well, Gigi.

Take care, keep smiling. Your friend, Gayla :heart:

Take care and keep smiling. Gayla :heart:
  • 6cookys
    6cookys Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon people,

I am following the 17 day diet this month and so far its been ok. It seems simalar to SB but the first 17 days you get to eat fruit 2 times per day. This is my menu (for anyone wondering what this diet is about)
    When you get up you drink hot water with lemon.
    breakfast- 6 oz yogurt & green tea.
    lunch- big salad ( all veggies galore) balsamic dressing and green tea.
    snack- plums (my kitchen counter has a lot of them)
    dinner- baked salmon veggies and green tea.
    snack- plums and yogurt. tea
    We had string cheese too because we were working hard today cleaning house, laundry, canning (yes more canning).

Today I canned plums pitted and cut in half and red plums jam.

Mariie: You are doing so well on your diet and keeping busy too, congratulations on the weight loss.

Barbie: you amaze me with all your exercise and steps.

Phoebe: You are such a caring person to those kitties.

To all the rest I hope your day goes well and enjoy the company of friends and family.

Ok, I must go now and get dinner started soon.

Chris
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    b.gifu.gifz.gifz.gifempty.gifempty.gif

Happy 34 years Buzz. Have a wonderful time today.

Chis Keep us inform on the 17 day diet. I am not to familiar with it. If you work it well you will lose.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    604899hcqwxzjwkn.gif

b.gifu.gifz.gifz.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifa.gifn.gifd.gifempty.gifh.gifu.gifb.gifb.gify.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gif
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Sandy how did you get 2 seperate lines to buzz on your post? I tried it but couldn't get it.
  • viliberty1957
    Options
    :happy: Just marking my place. God Bless!
  • Sandydur
    Options
    I hope this poem has the same effect on you as it did on me - then my forwarding it will be worth the effort.
    Walk With Me By The Water - worth the read...

A BEAUTIFUL POEM ABOUT GROWING OLDER:

Walkwith1.jpg

Shoot
    I forgot the words....
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    It sounds like everyone is taking advantage of the cooler weather to get moving, and that is just great.. to tell the truth the only one who didn't was probably me!! I have no idea what I did today, but it was not much anyway!

Day one of this plan, it was ok, although I didnt eat as much as I was supposed to. Will see what I can do tomorrow. dh is already cheating a little, but that's ok, he is trying. He says, what can I munch on during this football game? I say, look on the list the dr. gave you, he says, it doesn't list any snacks.. and I say, want a glass of water? lol.. he says the doc told him he could eat nuts, so who am I to disagree.. actually, what I thought was, well, don't watch football if you must snack, get up and do something.. but that is not really fair, coz he loves to watch his favorite teams.

Barbie, that is a great goal for October. maybe you could add some wrist/ankle weights onto your arms, put them on with your ped. each day.

Sandy, you are quiet, so unusual for you, lol! thanks for starting the thread for Oct.

Marie, your mix of foods sound so good, I love broccoli slaw.

All but one kitty is indoors right now.. the most frightened one is in, she is ok if I sit down nearby and talk to her, and pet her.. but she doesn't like it when I leave the room. It is chilly tonight, wish she would stay indoors, but not if she won't use the litter box, and I don't know that she would. The one that is outside wanders to and fro, so I don't know where he is.. maybe at his 'real' owners home!!

I have to stay busy tomorrow, I can already tell I have too much planned for one day, but that's the way I do things..save it all until the last minute.

yew Chris, keep us posted on your 17 day plan, it sounds good. I've seen several canning links this weekend. Mother Earth News has an app for your phone, as well as loads of info on the website.. I like their magazine.. so many cool stuff, especially in the back in the ad section. Yurts and solar everything!!

Sandy, one question for you, does Kate have to pay anything when she gets a package? Like a tariff? I hope not!!

take care
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Marie, I opened the graphics page in another window and pasted the first part but did not hit post reply ...then I went back and got the second code and put it underneath the first one. Understand???
    Options
    Sandy said- "Shoot
    I forgot the words.... "

I don't know for sure if that was a joke, but it made me laugh!!
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Sandy, one question for you, does Kate have to pay anything when she gets a package? Like a tariff? I hope not!!

No Phoebe she doesn't pay anything we are the ones who pay so much for postage. My son was in awe that someone who doesn't even know Katie would do such an expensive thing for her. You have such a generous heart I just can't tell you enough.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Sandy said- "Shoot
    I forgot the words.... "

Yes, it was a joke and I had to clean up the shoot word which they wouldn't print as *hit LOL
    Options
    Sandy said- "Shoot
    I forgot the words.... "

Yes, it was a joke and I had to clean up the shoot word which they wouldn't print as *hit LOL

Lol about *hit not printing!! and I'm a firm believer in Not taking it with you!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    Happy-Anniversary-Greetings.gif

t.gifo.gifempty.gifb.gifu.gifz.gifz.gifempty.gifa.gifn.gifd.gifempty.gifh.gifu.gifb.gifb.gify.gif