Senior Golden Sneakers............October

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    This was the quote "The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT."

I found that quote at the bottom of someone's post when I first joined MFP and I adopted it as my own. Feel free to make it yours. It has inspired me to do the right thing. It helped me learn to say no to birthday cake and stay away from the snack table as well as put on my raincoat and take the dogs for a walk in the rain when there was a couch and a blanket calling my name.

:flowerforyou: Sandy, I think my goal was to lose 70 pounds so I guess I'm below my goal but above some other magic number. I don't know how anyone stays at the same weight every day. My weight bounces around a pound or two all the time but this time hasn't bounced down far enough. I don't want to be crazy and obsessive, just smart and disciplined :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    :smile: Barbie: I know what you mean about bouncing around. I am still trying to get down to my
    ticker weight again. :cry: I thought now that the boat is out of the water I can be more
    disciplined on the weekends. Now Canadian Thanksgiving is coming up this
    weekend. There is always something tempting just around the corner.:drinker:

:smile: Marie: The receipe you posted sounded delicious but I have to agree with Barbie, the ketchup
    which is full of sugar and the boullion cubes are full of sodium.
    Two things you might consider replacing with something healthier.
    When you have high bloodpressure and type 2 diabetes
    like myself you become a detective on food and what not to eat. :bigsmile:

:smile: LaVerne: Welcome to the group:flowerforyou:

:smile: Sandy: You are too funny even when you try not to be. :laugh:
    I remember seeing a post on the forum about someone looking for gluten free
    receipes for their grandchild if I'm not mistaken.

I probably missed someone but what the heck we are old what can we say :laugh:

>>>>It is not the mountains we conque but ourselves....Sir Edmund Hillary
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    MAMA BUZZ: That skeleton was to represent the comment I made to Sandy about reaching her goal. (I don't think that she saw it or else she's calling me Becky:laugh: )

I would also like to look like that before I'm dead. :smokin: KIDDING!!!

Welcome newbies....crazy old ladies here....and I mean crazy!!

91564f3141fcd6abfb2ce69d8eb37c6c.gif

Maddie :heart: :heart:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Jeri, you are still in my prayers. God bless you Dear.I ha

I haven't been here much the past couple of days so I feel that I have missed out on everyone's lives.:sad: Today was another, no I take that back, it was the worse day at work that I have had in quite a while. We are down an employee and we got dumped on. I had trouble finding the time to breath. I hate days like this. I do plan on going to the YMCA later tonight.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,122 Member
    Options
    MAMA BUZZ: That skeleton was to represent the comment I made to Sandy about reaching her goal. (I don't think that she saw it or else she's calling me Becky:laugh: )

I would also like to look like that before I'm dead. :smokin: KIDDING!!!

Welcome newbies....crazy old ladies here....and I mean crazy!!

91564f3141fcd6abfb2ce69d8eb37c6c.gif

Maddie :heart: :heart:

2249450e2vdlzdsnk.gif

Maddie, I am so so sorry, I did respond to Becky instead of you. :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am still here and care about you all. Have a great Wednesday!

Take care and keep smiling. Gayla :heart:
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    SANDY:

1698764kn70awy3hr.gif

Maddie:heart:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :mad: :angry: :explode: :grumble: :love: :ohwell: :flowerforyou: :indifferent: :frown: :smokin: :angry: :explode: :heart: Good morning Sneakers.
    So nice to hear from everyone.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Becky I so miss seeing you here early in the morning. Hang in there.:heart:

xyla Happy birthday to You:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :cry::drinker:

Gayla hey good seeing you hear this morning. I havent seen anything of you going to WW. here lately.:heart:

Buzz what a grand old dame you are. Love reading your post.:heart:

Maddie sound like you are getting back in the groove.:heart:

Lavern Good to see you. Hope to get to know you better.:heart:

Pat where did you go? come back!:heart::heart:

Barbie always love to hear from you. Such good advice you have for us:heart:

:smile: :wink: :laugh: :happy: :tongue:

Sandy I still can't figure the second window out
    Guess I will have to wait for Alice to come out and show me. Which she should be here Fiday, She is taking a day off and we are going to a craft show.:heart::heart:

Phoebe I guess you are out on the road again. I love that song King of the road. You and Jim getting to know your new diet by now? :heart: :heart:

Judy, Springtime in NZ. must be nice. Our fall is pretty nice, Nothing to admire in mother nature but the cooler weather and that is great. Our trees and bushes and rose bushes took a mighty bad beating this summer. And the grass too.:heart::heart:

Jake you have a birthday coming up in a couple days. Don't you?:heart:

Jackie When in the world are you coming back? All of us are waiting some more of your life in UK>:heart::heart:

Jeanne tell us what you learn in the quilting world:heart::heart:

Jeri my prayers are with you. Take care:heart:

Irene Love hearing some more of your stories that you used to tell us. Especially about Alaska and that great grandughter of yours..:flowerforyou:

:smile: :wink:
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Just saying Hi today, cleaning day and I am going to visit my
    girlfriend who just had knee replacement surgery after I am finished.
    She is going crazy already being at home.
    She has to leave her knee brace on for six weeks.
    Yesterday her daughter, who is a nurse, just took out her
    staples. On the road to healing.:bigsmile:

Read all posts tomorrow.

Have a lovely day ladies.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Marie, I actually was here this morning. Typed a long post and then hit the wrong key.:mad: When I do that, I usually just give up and log off. So frustrating. I was here about 7:00.

I did a really bad thing today. I had fried chicken for lunch. I have been craving it for a long time. One of my most favorite foods. I had one thigh and one leg. And, guess what ??? I still feel hungry !!! That's what happens when you put bad stuff in your body.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!! :bigsmile: Another beautiful day, I am grateful. They are predicting another terrible winter for the Chicago area with extreme cold temps and blizzards. Asked my son and his girl if I can go live with them for the winter. :laugh: :laugh: Daisy and hubby would miss me too much so I am stuck here in the cold. :grumble: Cleaning girl was here so got to ride the stationary bike earlier than usual which is good since I have a couple of errands to run. Things are going well with Sadie (the dog) and Daisy will probably be lonely when she goes home Saturday. I told my hubby maybe we should get another puppy to keep her company. :laugh:

Becky, sometimes it is better to give into your craving as long as you don't do it daily. Put in your calories and see how many you have left for the day, if not enough to keep you happy then do a little more exercise, maybe just walking in place while watching TV or something.:bigsmile:

Marie, for not opening another window you did great in addressing everyone, is your memory that good? I am sure I am not explaining the second window correctly so wait for Alice and she will be able to show you. :tongue:

Maddie, that is your name right? You are a funny lady and love your sense of humor. :bigsmile:

Hi Gayla, we are still here too!! Enjoy your Wednesday!!! :love:

Buzz, when you do have time you sure can write. :tongue:

Barbie, 70 pounds is an incredible loss and maintaining it is even better. I am like you, I don't want to lose too much and look sickly but I would like to not go over 125 which was my second goal. I seem to be maintaining it most of the time, but would like to get to 123 so if I do flucuate I will only see 125 as my highest. :ohwell:

Laverne and Pat, I hope we hear from you soon. :wink:

Have a great day!!
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Hi everyone. It is Not going well. We got a trip which needs to be nonstop except for fuel. That just ruins three meals per day! I didnt bring any food with us coz I didnt want to eat that stuff. I wanted to eat the big salad and good veggies. Not room in the little fridge except for one day maybe two of salads. Sigh, will rethink it all. Will still leave off starches when I can. Read the posts, have a good one
  • judz46
    judz46 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    h.gifi.gifempty.gife.gifv.gife.gifr.gify.gifo.gifn.gife.gif

Just popping in to say a quick hello - off to zumba shortly - I do 3 mornings of exercise now at the YMCA and am finding it a lot better than just going on the treadmill - yesterday at aerobics we celebrated a 90th birthday and all had a piece of birthday cake - all that exercise for nothing but it's great to see all the oldies there ...truly an inspiration.

Have a lovely day everyone...thinking of you all.
  • 6cookys
    6cookys Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hello Seniors,
    Well this morning we went to meet my son in town for coffee and a nice visit. Then I went to the dentist, I lost 2 fillings because they were so old and that took 1 1/2 hrs. Then we went to our senior luncheon in Frenchtown (this is the town I live in, in Mt). Then came home and walked for 26 mins.

I am reading the book "The Help", I am enjoying it. I am trying to finish it by this weekend so when I go to Wa. to my DD she can read it. I have been reading it since Sunday.

No canning today.

I have been doing very well on my diet and so has my DH, so we will continue it.

Ok got to go, see you tomorrow.
    Chris:flowerforyou:
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Just to let you know...

[img][/img]2080406vj2mpf72ne.gif

and read all the posts, and we're off to din-din! Usually Wednesday night is so busy 'cause the lobster is $10.95 on Wednesday! I love our Ale House!:bigsmile:

Buzz
  • Sandydur
    Options
    For Our British Friends:
    You have to love British humour!

These are classified ads, which were actually placed in a U.K. newspaper:

FREE YORKSHIRE TERRIER.

8 years old.

Hateful little *kitten*.

Bites!

FREE PUPPIES.

1/2 Cocker Spaniel, 1/2 sneaky neighbour's dog.

FREE PUPPIES.

Mother is a Kennel Club registered German Shepherd.

Father is a Super Dog, able to leap tall fences in a single bound.

COWS, CALVES: NEVER BRED.

Also 1 gay bull for sale.

JOINING NUDIST COLONY !

Must sell washer and dryer £100.

WEDDING DRESS FOR SALE ...

Worn once by mistake.

Call Stephanie.

And the WINNER is:

FOR SALE BY OWNER.

Complete set of Encyclopaedia Britannica, 45 volumes.

Excellent condition, £200 or best offer. No longer needed, got married, wife knows everything.

Thank God for church ladies with typewriters. These sentences(with all the BLOOPERS) actually appeared in church bulletins or were announced in church services:

The Fasting & Prayer Conference includes meals.

The sermon this morning: 'Jesus Walks on the Water.' The sermon tonight: 'Searching for Jesus.'

Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale. It's a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Bring your husbands.

Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our community. Smile at someone who is hard to love.. Say 'Hell' to someone who doesn't care much about you.

Don't let worry kill you off - let the Church help.

Miss Charlene Mason sang 'I will not pass this way again,' giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.

For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.

Next Thursday there will be tryouts for the choir. They need all the help they can get.

Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24 in the church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.

A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall. Music will follow..

At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be 'What Is Hell?' Come early and listen to our choir practice.

Eight new choir robes are currently needed due to the addition of several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones.

Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles and other items to be recycled. Proceeds will be used to cripple children.

Please place your donation in the envelope along with the deceased person you want remembered..

The church will host an evening of fine dining, super entertainment and gracious hostility.

Potluck supper Sunday at 5:00 PM - prayer and medication to follow.

The ladies of the Church have cast off clothing of every kind. They may be seen in the basement on Friday afternoon.

This evening at 7 PM there will be a hymn singing in the park across from the Church. Bring a blanket and come prepared to sin.

Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning at 10 AM . All ladies are invited to lunch in the Fellowship Hall after the B. S. Is done.

The pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the Congregation would lend him their electric girdles for the pancake breakfast next Sunday.

Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM. Please use the back door.

The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare's Hamlet in the Church basement Friday at 7 PM . The congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.

Weight Watchers will meet at 7 PM at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use large double door at the side entrance.

The Associate Minister unveiled the church's new campaign slogan last Sunday: 'I Upped My Pledge - Up Yours.
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    OH SANDY. TOOO Funny.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Phoebe, that will take some planning on your part. That driving streight thru.No you definete don't need a lot of starches. Now what would I do If I ha a trip none stop and have to eat on the run. I really don't know.. this chopped salad keeps good in the fridge What kind of places do you stop for gas. Just pick out the best choice you can make. By all means don't get off your diet Phoebe and beans would be good. You can eat them cold. take some yogurt Some raisins, I know you don't like fruit What do the other truck drivers do when they are on a fast trip.Will you have to rush home?

Come on girls what would you do,?

Hi Judy. so good to see you posting here . Where is your joke.I am still on my new way of eating. Had about 1 1/2 c cole slaw and fish for lunch.. Nice exercise you got going. How is Jake and your husband doing? What is your husband name?

Jeri I think I left you off this morning post. I am sorry. So that saying you are alway on my mind is not true. But you are there lot. I just have a forgetful mind Is it nice and cool there now and the leaves are changing colors. Would love to be there to see that. We just have an old ugly brown leaves

Well ladies I think it is time for beddie bye see you guys tomorrow.
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

Marie, don't worry. I have been just awful about posting. I'm afraid my mind is definitely elsewhere. My DH and I do crossword puzzles together. We do the same one and I usually beat him. We did 2 in a row and he beat me both times. Oh My!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

Sandy, I'm afraid my tatooes are very little. 3 little spots. One in the middle just below my breasts and the others, one on each side. They look like speckles or freckles. Not too inspiring.

I'm not doing too well in the food category. I haven't recorded for a couple of days and I know I am eating more than I usually do. Comfort food -- shepherd's pie, chocolate cookies -- 2 of them, a small handful of nuts and tortilla chips and hummus last night. Oh well. Hopefully, I'll be rid of this pre-radiation anxiety soon and get back on with my life. We are going to our DD's for Canadian Thanksgiving on Monday. That should be lots of fun.

Good night all.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Jake went to Costco to buy string cheese for our trip this weekend and they didn't have any so he bought a huge jar of fancy whole cashews
    something I can't resist. Between the two of us the jar is half empty. He knows he did a bad thing but they are so delicious and, at least, they are more healthy than M&Ms.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:bigsmile: the two guys were here today from 7:45 AM to 6:30 PM to install the new heat pump, furnace, and programmable thermostat.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: now we have to get busy packing for our trip :bigsmile: we leave at noon tomorrow after my line dance class.