Senior Golden Sneakers............October

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Chris here is a link to canned bread. Looks fantastic. Will try to get the tut. on it and send to you. I check it out and this is the one. now neither one of us needs this. I am sure but what an ideal. I might learn to can!!!!!!!!
    would make a nice Cristmas gift.

http://networkedblogs.com/okxrj
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Jumping in on page 7!!!:noway: ! Obviously behind on posts:ohwell: . Hope everyone had a nice weekend!:flowerforyou:
    The weather on Rhode Island was glorious:bigsmile: ! A gift!:flowerforyou: It was like summer and the beaches were full!
    We were very busy….yard work and Mass on Sat, Sunday… Boy Scout pancake breakfast, a baseball game followed by a football game and dinner with DD and family….and Sunday we went looking for foliage in Northern Rhode Island…found some then headed to Southern Rhode Island where we walked the beach and had dinner on the ocean! A real keeper of a weekend!:love:
    Still trying to maintain but gained a pound this week. :embarassed: Too much of a glorious weekend:laugh: . Will get it in control. Never want to go back to my weight before August of 2009.
    God bless all!
    Hugs….
    BirdieM:heart:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Birdie, you may be doing what I do. Every weekend I gain a couple of pounds but I have found that it is due to salt and not really fat. Drink extra water and that pound should leave. I am very jealous of your weekend.:laugh:

Chris, congrats on continuing to lose the weight.

:flowerforyou: Shirley, I always get worried during the holidays. Then I don't gain. Go figure !!!! I gain the rest of the year though.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Barbie, what well behaved dogs.:heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: I finally got out in the yard again after many days of not doing any yard puttering. With the fireplace, the new heat pump, being out of town for four days and dogs that always want to go for a walk, it has been easy to ignore the yard and my October goal to work in the yard but today I ignored the sweet dog faces and went out and cleaned up another section of the front yard. Jake took the dogs for a walk while I was working so now the dogs are asleep on the couch and the yard looks better.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: Jake and I have declared war on lazy eating habits and have banished licorice, peanut butter, cereal, and cheese from the house and bought apples for snacks. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • 6cookys
    6cookys Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good evening all,

I had an appt with the dr today and they called and cancelled again, this was the second time. The last time I went to him the office had moved and they didn't tell me and when I got there she said your appt has been cancelled and I calle you but you didn't answer, I said I live 30 min away and I like to be early so I was on the road to the office and you moved and didn't tell me when you called to confirm my appt. Her response was " we moved 3 yrs ago " I said but you should have told me, she just looked at me and said "Do you have a cell phone"? So today she was rude again. My problem is for the last 25 yrs I worked in a dr office and hospital and I never would talk to some one the way she expressed herself to me. Oh well, I will see in 2 wks if it happens again that's my appt now.

Today we got up early 6am, my husband heated my hot water and lemon and brought it to me, then he boiled the eggs while I was getting dressed and make up on. Then read the paper.

I went to town and met my friend at the senior citizens center and had lunch there. I was too big and I ate too much there. We are going to meet next week again and I will bring tupperware and divide it in half. I didn't go over my points though.

I did walk about 1 hr. so at least I tried to make up for the big calorie lunch.

Ladies, have a good evening and see you in the morning.
    Chris
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    :smile: Chris: You seem to be doing the right things to lose weight.
    My daughter has hot water and lemon every morning too.
    All the health gurus say that is way to start out the day.
    It cleans the system. :flowerforyou:

Also the cancelling of appointments, I go through that with my doctor too.
    I usually book ahead but it seems to be on a Friday which is my day off.
    I guess he doesn't want to work on Fridays:grumble: He has cancelled
    on me three times this year already.

Well I started scanning files at work, now that I know how to work the
    scanner. Not hard to do, but don't touch certain keys and all your work
    disappears. It happened twice yesterday. Learning experience I guess :grumble:

<<<I love being grateful for the sounds, sights, smells,
    tastes and happenings around me. I always want to feel this alive!>>>>
  • 6cookys
    Options
    H E L L O,
    Shirley, I am trying on getting to my weight goal. I have a way to go but now at least I have a handle on what I am eating. I can eat a lot if you look at todays meal. I just have to pick and choose my food that is good for me and not all the sweets etc. Thanks for the encouraging words.

Barbie, today is line dancing and I am going to put on my pedometer after I finish here and see how many steps I get today.

Marie, How are you doing?

Phoebe, are you still on the road? How is your diet going?

Becky, whats new? Do you work 5 days a week? Before I retired I was working 4 days a week, 40 to 55 hrs per week. After my surgeries I dropped down to 2 days a week, 20 to 24 hrs. The hours were getting to long. I didn't think I would like retiring but BOY was I wrong. I love it. Have a great day.

So today: Got up 6:30 am today, my honey brought me my hot water and lemon while I was getting ready for the day. I made scrambled eggs, ( 1 egg + egg beater whites 1/4 cup each), and fat free turkey meat, with sliced tomatoe, green tea. Now I am having my coffee with ff vanilla cr. This should hold me until noon.
    I have my menu's planned out 2 weeks in advance so I just look at my spiral notebook and WA LA, then I don't have to stress about what my meals are and it seems to be working. My hubby even asks " what are we having for meals today?".

Well, I better quit typing and get to my walk. I will be back later this afternoon. Take care.
    Chris
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Chris, yes, I work five days a week...40 hours. I am way too young to retire. I just turned 60 in January.:laugh: I actually didn't get the chance to work outside the home until my divorce in 1999. So, I am enjoying this. Your husband is sooooo sweet !!!

:flowerforyou: Shirley, good for you. I haven't learned to scan yet.

I had better go. I couldn't get here any earlier. Supervisor changed the computer password on me.:explode:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hello Sneakers Just reporting in to let you all know all is well and doing fine. . Hope to finish up my letters on my quilt today. but a big game for Baseball today too and if I can just stay off of these Quilt blogs on this puter. First got to make a chopped salad . I am all out. It will be grilled fish and chopped salad for lunch today.Have a wonerful day today ya'all
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Birdie, you may be doing what I do. Every weekend I gain a couple of pounds but I have found that it is due to salt and not really fat. Drink extra water and that pound should leave. I am very jealous of your weekend.:laugh:

You are most likely right. There is an interesting link about weight gain that someone shared on another thread.

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/articles/scale_lies.htm

I found it very interesting and kind of ties into what you are saying!

BirdieM:happy:
  • 6cookys
    Options
    Marie, I just saw your post on the canned bread. My friend does this same thing for the holiday gifts. I am going to check it out.

So after breakfast things changed, I was going to go for my walk and sweet pie says lets go to town, we have to order a new back sliding door and some other things at home depot. Then we had to go and get a latter for the egress window he just finished putting in. So I went with him. It took forever so lunch was very late, 2pm, I have my dance class at 5;45 PM so I may have a sm salad or just a smoothie when I get back. I love that man of mine.:love::heart:

Ok, so I just finished my walk for 46 minutes, and I am having a pear and green tea. Then I will watch Dr Oz or something.

See you all later, Chris
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Good evening. Rough day. Bad mood. Just want to go home. So there is my pity pot rant. Now that Ive complained, Ill feel better, right?
    we watched part of dr. Oz the other day. Chris powells hi low carb plan was on, but we missed most of the show. Im going to google it from home to find out more about it. It may just be a gimmick.

Chris, now im craving applesauce! Glad you enjoy canning. Dont know how you could work full time and can all of that food too. Id give up work and can instead too!
    i may try Barbies applesauce recipe. We have a large variety of apples in Georgia, if only we go to get them. Many orchards around us.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: Chris, did you have your pedometer when you shopped at Home Depot? It's a really big store and you probably walked a lot of steps getting what you needed. One time when we were traveling, we wanted to take a walk when we stopped at a motel but it was raining so we went to the Home Depot across the street from the motel and walked up and down the aisles for almost an hour.

:bigsmile: there was a celebration at line dance today and someone brought an amazing looking homemade carrot cake. I declined but the cake got left out on the table in the back in case anyone wanted seconds and since I dance in the back row, I kept looking at it........this was the hardest time I've had resisting cake in the two years I've been on MFP. Then I thought about all the people who were saying that they'd have cake and just dance extra hard or take an extra walk to burn the calories. I've counted calories long enough to know how much dancing or walking it would take to burn the calories.:laugh:
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I know I've been MIA... but couldn't find you guys! Yeah for catching a post!!!!

Hope all is well!

I'm running another 5K on Saturday! But I have a cough and cold and trying to get rid of it!!! I'm sure I'll be fine, but I don't want to walk any of it... I know I"m being silly....

I'll write more later!!!

Take care!
    L.
  • 6cookys
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Pheobe, I don't work anymore, I just retired so I can do more quilting, canning, exercising, line dancing, swimming, etc. I am enjoying all of it.
    Barbie, I did put my pedometer on at home depot too. I don't know if it's working now because I walked at home depot for 10 mins., walked 30 mins. at home, and lined danced and it said I only did 6000 steps, do you think that is right. Any way I will put it on today again, ofcourse today I am going swimming for 20 to 30 mins., I am going to try and walk 30 mins. too. I will see how the weather is.

So far I am still losing weight, I would like to lose at this pace until I reach my goal. We will see.

My day today, we are waiting for the contractor to finally finish the egress window. We bought the latter for it and now have to find a cover for it. My husband will paint the wall where all the work was today too. I will make curtains for the window too. We have to go to Lowe's today to buy a new fan for the bathroom now. Boy all this adds up fast. I could have gone on a cruise for all the money spent this week on remodeling. Oh well, it will be done. The house will be ready to go on the market in march again.

So when the contractor leaves we are going swimming and hot tubing. I will work on my quilt again. That's it.

Have a wonderful day!
    Chris
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Busy day will check back later.

Have a good one !!
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,122 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!! :bigsmile: Our Indian Summer has passed and now comes the cool weather and today lots of wind. :grumble: It is a girl's night out tonight with dinner and a play. :love: I have been very busy lately and I am not sure why. I went to one of many doctor appointments yesterday and she asked me if I lost weight and told me not to lose anymore since I am within all the numbers. :bigsmile: Of course I am still going to watch what I eat, because those pounds can sneak back on so quickly. :grumble:
    I haven't been doing so great on exercise but have been wearing my pedometer and like Chris I went to Home Depot yesterday and a few other errands but only racked up 3400 steps. I usually can do 5000 a day if I walk Daisy but my walks are under an hour, not like Barbie who walks for two hours. Next weekend my daughter and her daughter are coming in for the weekend as is my step daughter's husband. It will be a busy weekend trying to entertain everyone but should be fun. Of course my step daughter isn't thrilled that my daughter and granddaughter are coming the same weekend as her husband is, but that is too bad. :tongue: It was the only time my DD could get away since she home schools one of her sons. It will all work out, I am not worried. :blushing:

I have put up my Halloween Decorations and love how the house looks, I will try and post some pictures. My DIL's brother has a farm and he and his wife decorated the outside to make a few extra dollars. They both have been out of work for a few years so things are tough for them. They did a great job and with a few finishing touches my house looks great.

Have some errands to do today beside getting a manicure but wanted to pop in and say hi. I read the posts everyday and as soon as things slow down I will be back posting everyday. Keep up the good work, you can do this and you are worth it!!
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    TGIF. I am so pooped. I have been so busy at work this week that I haven't spent much time online. We are getting another employee on Monday. None too soon. I am tired of doing the work of two people.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: Chris, most pedometers don't record a lot of the steps in line dance.....they are designed to keep track of "walking" so the lateral steps and shuffles and many other steps in line dance don't add steps. Even so, when you take your pedometer to line dance, some steps get added. In many situations 100 steps per minute is normal. So I think that your pedometer is probably pretty accurate. Even if it isn't you can still use it as a comparative tool from day to day to see how you are doing.

:bigsmile: A few years ago i had a cell phone that had a pedometer built in and it was more sensitive than the one I have now so when I rode the exercise bike, it added steps. It was a huge shock for me when I got the pedometer I have now because I was suddenly recording a lot fewer steps. The important thing is that you compare your own daily steps using the same pedometer and don't compare yourself to anyone else.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: This morning as I was walking the dogs I was thinking about the progress I have made in dog walking. At first I walked Brandy and her older sister, Shilo, a Golden Retriever. Shilo liked to lie down a lot while Brandy raced about. I didn't start taking long walks with two dogs until Sasha was over two years old. Even then, the walks were about 10-20 minutes. I have gradually made the walks longer. our wonderful new neighborhood is a perfect place for long walks with all the trails, open spaces, and smooth roads that have 15 mph speed limit and barely any traffic

:flowerforyou: we have a friend coming over this afternoon to learn about walking the dogs so he can walk them tomorrow when we're at an all day meeting. We were spoiled by our two neighbors in the old house who could be counted on to walk the dogs whenever we were gone all day. Our neighbors here are much older and while they are kind and willing to help, have said that the frisky poodles look too strong and challenging.

:bigsmile: Becky, get some rest this weekend:bigsmile: you've earned it

:bigsmile: Sandy, I'd love to see pictures of your Halloween decorations :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: L, welcome back, I admire your ability to run:bigsmile: I hope you'll be feeling better so you can run your 5K race
  • 6cookys
    Options
    Sandy you and I do about the same amount of steps, I try to do 5000 to 9000, some days its hard. I have about 25-30 lbs to lose.

Barbie thanks for the info on the pedometer. No one can beat you on the steps. I walked 1000 steps in the pool today, we try to go 2 times a week and when we are done walking and swimming we go straight to the hot tub. I feel so good today. After lunch I walkd another 30 mins. You inspire me.

Becky, I hope you feel better soon.