Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - October Challenge!! (One year

Options

Replies

• greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Morning

Meag The new shoes are working out so far, ran in them twice and they feel more comfy plus I never untie my shoes laces which apparently is a big no no since it breaks the heel support and was showed a new way to tie my laces never knew... Hope you get shoes your asap and they work out for you, having things come in the mail is always nice it's like a gift you've been waiting for I was introduced to ebay and man it was a big mistake lol and as far as you boyfriend I know what you mean, I'm definitely not the level headed calm one in the relationship (not saying you are lol) and sometimes I question things more so because I have no idea what direction or what I want to do with my life especially the career path and the current job status which drives me insane and sometimes I sleep thinking about and wake up thinking about which SUCKS! It's great that he is supportive and positive, the work stress might be so much tension that you feel you need to be alone rather than with the BF, hang in there but definitely take your solo times and enjoy, sometimes we all need some more often than others, besides your doing great with your running taking a break or two a week which IMO is still not enough but it's a nice start, hang in there the 20's can be tough/confusing, speaking of which I'm going to be 28 closer to 30 lol, :wink:

Abby Thats awesome you continue to support that cause I have my 5k this saturday excited for some of your friends and family getting together, hope you find a 10 k if not enjoy your 5k! Keep kicking some *kitten* with all that p90x and amazing trail runs you are doing!! Great work!! :happy:

AFM I had a good weekend TOM today so this weekend was good/not so good at some points. Did celebrate my friends bday which turned out to be a short night but was fun for the short while. I ran 6miles straight on Saturday so Im stoked about that. Made descent food choices and a healthy turkey taco night last night and home made pumpkin pie tarts from scratch. Have a run planned with a friend after work shooting for 5 miles but will be okay with 4 since it's TOM. To be honest I don't feel like going but since I have a compromise I will get out there and maybe I'll feel better! Weighed in today for a challenge that ends next week and ya up a lb. so I will not put any focus since I tend so hold a lb. or two during this time. Having left overs today and just going to really try and make this a productive smooth day... Hope all you ladies have a great Monday! :bigsmile: Cynthia
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Cynthia - Congrats on the 6mile run!!! I hope to be able to do 6without walking someday too!!! You should be soooo proud!! And dont sweat the TOM weight......I dont even weigh myself during that time!!

Amy - WOW...what an amazing loss!!! I think I would faint if I ever saw a 4lb loss in 1 week!!! I bet you are flying high from that one!!! Keep up that great work!! And congrats on the new jean NSV....I know thats a great feeling!!

Meag - Thanks! I am proud of that NSV, this is the first time he has ever done more then a 3 mile run with me!! And sorry about your BF troubles, he sounds a lot like mine!! I feel like I pick fights with him just to see if he will fight back and he never does!! I dont know how he is so even tempered when I am soo emotional!! This is a hard relationship age, I also find myself constantly questioning my relationship....how long have you two been together?? We are almost at 6 years and while I have no doubts that I absolutely love him, sometimes I dont know if I can see us married??
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Lovelies!! I have yet to get caught up on everyone's posts but I'm working on it!! So this will be a selfish post...

Finally started logging again today. A friend and I have decided that we need to do this, we need to do this now, and we need to do this for us!! So along with logging, I suggested that we have mini challenges each week. This week is water consumption and now I know one reason why I never should have stopped drinking my water in the first place...the frequent potty breaks in the beginning are annoying!! Managed to get a Turbo Jam workout in last Tuesday, went roller skating with the kids on Thursday, and did another Turbo Jam session yesterday. Not too sure how the workout schedule is going to pan out this week but we shall see!!

7 1/2 weeks until my 30th birthday and I want to leave some of these pounds in my 20's!!!

Quote of the day - "The surest way not to fail is to determine to succeed." Richard Brinsley Sheridan
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! My Monday was FABULOUS. Hope you all had amazing Mondays as well...

It's nearly midnight already so I'll keep it short and sweet. I had a surprisingly good day at work and I am doing my best not to assume that it means horrible things for tomorrow :bigsmile: My bosses and coworker were all in day-long meetings so I totally slacked off and felt amazing about it. Got out on time for once and hit the gym where I got in a KILLER spin class with a new instructor. He was B-A-N-A-N-A-S, and so intense, but freaking awesome and crazy in the best way imaginable! I am definitely going to be heading back to his class very soon! Its a shame it's on Mondays which are usually recovery days for me, but I'll make it work. So worth while!

I made Chocolate Socca bread tonight for the first time and it was hugely disappointing. It smelled awesome and looked great (like a brownie) and all the ingredients were right up my alley, but it just didn't delivery on taste.
    IMAG0083.jpg
    IMAG0085.jpg
    Ah well - Live and learn! Still LOVE vegan food, for the record.

The boy and I are still working things out. Not sure where I stand. Tempted to call off our birthday get-away that we're planning (its separate from my own personal trip and only a one-night thing) just because I'm not sure I want to commit to going away with him right now... It's tough because I know that calling it off will raise HUGE red flags and I don't know if it's worth that kind of disharmony right now. Decisions!

Megan - Happy to have you back,, darling. Now give us some updates! :tongue: Very happy to hear you were so well received at homecoming and that everyone was so supportive, since that experience is not something we are all so lucky to have. You absolutely deserve all the accolades, so I am very glad to hear that everyone was so positive and kind. Wohoot :drinker:

Amy - So much great news I don't even know where to start. Love the dress and love that you feel so good about the wedding. Weddings can be a huge drag for most women but I am very glad to hear that you are having such a positive experience with it. Being a bridesmaid can certainly be trying but it sounds like you are an amazing friend and your genuine support and happiness is so refreshing and nice. Size 12 jenas - SCORE! And well deserved. No need to qualify them at all either - You fit em, they're yours, and they are a size 12 dammit! Heck yes weight training works. Lifting, protein and sticking to your calories. It's not rocket science - it's effective and when you're determined, it pays off. Great job!

Cynthia - Shoes are in the mail! They sent me an update today :bigsmile: Should be getting them by Wednesday and Im having them shipped to work so I will definitely be running in them Thursday, rain or shine! Thanks for your support on the bf issues... TBH I'm just not a very good "relationship" gal. I'm very independent and accustomed to running solo through life. This relationship is my first serious one in 5+ years and so it's tough getting used to having someone there. And sometimes it's just plain annoying and overbearing, but maybe that's just me!

Abby - Thanks girl - Really appreciate your support :happy: we've been together for 16 months now but I feel basically married. Thankfully I've managed to maintain my independence by avoiding the whole "moving in" situation thus far. I am not sure I can ever see us living together, which I am sure seems odd, but I really just have no interest sharing that much of my life with anyone else. I know most people just say it's because I haven't found the right person, but I feel pretty confident that I may just not be cut-out for the partnered life...It's hard to think about, because no one wants to feel like they are better off alone, but I do sometimes wonder if I'm not just meant to be the crazy cat lady on the block. But hey - if that's what makes me happy, I guess!

Guam - Hey chica! welcome back to the dark side :wink: Missed you! Post all the selfishness you want, girl. I am eager to read all your catch-up. Happy to hear you are back on track and have a friend along to support you. Tell her to jump on the bandwagon here and join our group! And let us in on your challenges every week so that we can support you in whatever way you need. As for water - drink a glass every time you use the washroom. It's a great reminder to replenish your stores :tongue: TMI? lol You know me!

K ladies. As always this turned into a mini-thesis. Have a great night and kick some *kitten* this week! :drinker: 7 more days in October! Make 'em count!
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Amy- Size 12!!!! AMAZING! You should be so pumped! And like Meag said, it doesn’t matter how the size 12 fit all that matters is that you own something that has a 12 on the tag :) You should be so very proud of yourself! And it sounds like you are making all the right decisions when it comes to enjoying the wedding festivities as well as making healthy choices. Keep up the great work!

Cynthia- Doesn’t it feel amazing to be able to run 6 miles without stopping :) I know the first time I accomplished that I felt super pumped and like I was actually a runner! Love turkey tacos btw and it sounds like you have been all over it! You have been working so hard and you are such an inspiration! Makes me want to work harder for the rest of October!

Bethany- So glad to have you back! I think making the decision to do this for yourself is exactly the right one and will help you stay focused and active throughout the entire process. Keep it up and glad to have you back!

Meag- I am so glad to hear you had a great day at work! Now if only every day can be like that right? I love when I hit a new class and the instructor totally delivers! Spin is by far one of my favorite exercise activities! Sounds like you and the boy have been struggling lately more from your end. I think that you need to do what will make you happy. If that means cancelling the get-a-way weekend then you should do that. Isn’t that the biggest lesson throughout this entire journey? I think most of us have spent our lives concerned about making others happy and that is what got us into the bad place we were to begin with so making our own happiness a priority is key. Just my two cents, but I know it’s a tough choice no matter what.

AFM- I left work early because I got whatever bug my coworker had. I slept for a few hours and then slept for like 8 hours last night. I am feeling better but now I have more of a cough. Skipped spin this morning so I could get some sleep. I haven’t gone for a run in a few weeks now and that is a serious problem since I need to be running 7 miles soon. I am going to attempt to go for a run tomorrow morning and I am hoping that I can pleasantly surprise myself. I have just been super tired lately and haven’t had the motivation to get out of bed in the mornings. I need to start going to bed earlier and making my workouts a priority again because I know how much better they make me feel. I hope you ladies have a wonderful Tuesday!

Megan
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Meag-

I know I've been MIA. I definitely know what you mean about it almost beeing annoying when the boy has no doubts..i think it makes you doubt things more/panick a bit. Hope you figure things out!!
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    Abby- Thanks girl!! I definitely had to check the scale like 5x to make sure it was right. I've never lost 4lbs in a week, even when I first started. I think because I plateaued for so long, my body is now readjusting to weight loss. Regardless the reason, I'm definitely flying high from it! :)

Guam- Welcome back! My friend and I decided to do mini-challenges too. She hasn't stuck to it as much as I have but I think my weight loss has been inspiring her lately to get back with it. You can do it, just stick with it! :)

Meag- Thank you! I think I feel extra good about the wedding because the bride is one of my best friends who has been through A LOT in the past with bad relationships and she finally found a guy who treats her like gold. I'm just so happy for her that she didn't settle for less than she deserved & I know when I get married she'll feel the same. I definitely know many bridesmaids find it to be a drag, but I'm thrilled to be a part of it. It's also my first wedding that I'm standing up in so that probably makes a difference too. But it's been very easy so far. She is definitely not the bridezilla type so that helps lol. And you're right about the size 12 jeans- they fit, so I'm gonna celebrate! :) And you're right, lifting, protein and logging. That's what it takes & that's what I'm going to stick with!

Megan- Thanks! I am totally pumped! I started out at a SIZE 20 in Old Navy jeans and now I'm a 12. It's really surreal to me. I still lift up my size 12s and say to myself "there's no way I fit in these!" but I do! I think being overweight for so long has done a number to my mind lol. But I'm ecstatic! My goal is to ultimately fit comfortably in an 8 but considering thats only a few sizes away, I may shoot for a 6. We'll see. :) I hope you feel better! I've been finding it hard to wake up in the morning too, but I find it easier on days that I worked out the night before. I have so much more energy throughout the day. Get those workouts in, girl! They definitely make a difference! :)
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

One down four to go well for those of us that work the Monday-Friday gig.

Abby Thanks :smile: it feels great when that run is over and I feel so accomplished I myself am working on distance, do you follow a training plan or get any tips from websites on what is recommend to run??

Meg Thanks a lot that made me smile! :bigsmile: It definitely feels amazing, a few months back before I began jogging I would have never thought I could run that distance, but now little by little distance does not seem to scare me as much, I always wondered wow how the hell does anyone run a 1/2 marathon let alone a full marathon but I can see with time and increasing your distance it's tangible. Hope you feel 100% tomorrow and know that you will be just fine and kick some *kitten* and surprise yourself. I agree sleeping a bit earlier is good, it will not make waking up early as difficult plus once that run is over with it's a great relief get out there tomorrow and DO IT! let us know how you feel and how it goes. Take it easy!! :flowerforyou:

Meag That is awesome one more day, besides if it does rain it's super nice running in the rain IMO, just be careful, do you live in Canada?? I always wonder where everyone lives and what they do lol, I share more with some of you ladies than with my friends which is awesome because we are on the same page when it comes to fitness and health too bad everyone isn't...But I have had some friends join MFP who have seen improvements and enjoy the website. I actually don't think I'm the best relationship person either, if I dated someone to similar to me it'd be over in heart beat but I still think I'm great lol and so are you "cat lady" JK hey whatever makes you happy nobody knows what is best other than you and besides theres no rush moving in together especially if you don't care to, live by your own standards which very clearly you do and I admire, You seem very confident too bad we all can't meet someday that'd be awesome!! Hang in there missy you'll be alright!! :wink:

AFM I ran my 6 miles yesterday despite the TOM, 1-2 miles more than I expected and that was by accident lol enjoying the conversation made time fly by which worked to our benefit! This am I went to the gym not a crazy workout just wanted to do some cardio and steps, better than laying in bed I guess! yesterday The main Therapist bought donuts I wasn't going to have one but I thought I can do half to kill the craving and yup had some self control which was great because sweets are my weak spot well food in general lol... Need to head to Target or a sports store to get the BF and Harley "my doggie" a pink shirt for the walk Breast Cancer walk this Sat in support of the mom! Well that's it for me hope everyone makes today a great day and not stress about things out of our control or something that won't matter in the long run Happy Tuesday!! Cynthia:bigsmile:
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Quick post before I head off to work.

We started the biggest loser challenge yesterday and my manager kept her mouth shut. I just went into the weigh in as it was only a number and not a big deal to me, and moved on, so she had nothing to feed off of. She did however bring cookies to "share" with the branch...may or may not have laughed in her face and refused to take one? Rude? Probably, but oh well, she had to have seen it coming. (brownie points, only one in the challenge to refuse a cookie!!!! I was like come on guys, its day 1 and you are already letting her feed you cookies!? They werent even homemade!)

Good-ish news from the CT scan, my brain looks beautiful, but that gives no answer to the face twitching and drooping. So on to a new doctor!

I will go back and read everyone's post this evening when I get home from work and school! Happy Wednesday everyone!!!!!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Hey-o! Same here. Quickness before work...

Cookies on Day 1 of TBL challenge eh? What a class act, Meg! *eye roll* your boss sounds like a piece of work! Just ignore her tactics whenever possible and work your *kitten* off. You show her you mean business and she won't be able to feed off you. Sounds like you're on the right track!

Emily - Fab run! Trails are a killer but so much fun. I am loving them lately too! Just be careful, watch your footing and make sure you've got enough light... We hit the trails last night but had to cut out to the road after 2 miles because of the dark...Still a great run. Glad you are enjoying them too!

Cynthia - Love the new 80s pic! You look great :bigsmile: And yes - I live in Canada, about 45 mins outside of Toronto in a city of about 600,000 people. I think I'm the only Canuck in this group but I could be wrong... We travel down to the States often enough though as we're only about an hour from the border.

Question of the Day - QOTD: Where are you all from? :huh: I need a refresher course! Also if we don't know already, can you remind us of your first names? That would be AWESOME!

Amy - Your positive attitude about weight loss AND this wedding is so impressive and so wonderful to see. I know you fell off track a wee bit in the past few months but it sounds like you are WAY back on task and with the best mindset possible. I absolutely freaking love it! :drinker:

Thanks for all the boy advice everyone :ohwell: I really appreciate your input but I know I need to just figure it out. No major harsh decisions yet, though. Just working it through. Trying really hard to assert my independence and make sure I am getting enough to suit my needs. I need to work at being happy every day and if that's what it takes, then all be damned if anything else takes priority. This journey is about making the most of the life I have and not just going through the motions waiting for it to pass me by.

Seize the day. Enjoy every sandwich, as they say.
    Much love.:heart:

OH - AFM... Did some running yesterday in the mud and rain. Expecting new shoes in the mail today. And hilarious NSV - I actually FORGOT to weigh myself on Friday for the first time in months/years? I forgot! hahahaha Can you tell I've been busy? :noway:
  • abby459
    Options
    Cynthia - I do not follow any specific training program (though I probably should). I only started running about 3 months ago, so initially I kept just adding time to the amount that I was running until I could run a solid 3 miles. Once I hit that, I started doing what most training plans do and added strength training in, I do p90x 3 days a week and run 3 days a week. I try to do one speed day, one distance day and one day doing a middle distance at a comfortable pace?? May not be the right way, but its been working OK for me so far!

Emily - Congrats on the running NSV!! I know how exciting that is!! And you will progress way faster then you think. 3 Months ago I couldnt even run for 5 straight minutes, let alone an entire mile, now I can run 4.5miles without walking and can do up to 7miles with about 5mins of walking! Its great to look back and see the progress that youve made in such short time!! Cherish those NSVs!!! And be proud of every single one...you earned them!!

Meg - I cant believe that your boss brought cookies on the first day of the challenge!! But happy she didnt say anything!! Sounds like she wont be doing well on it....so you will shine and show her!!! And great job resisting the coookies!! Work food is always a struggle to resist for me too!!

Meag - Hope your new shoes get here.....new shoes are always fun!! And glad that you are taking some time before making any drastic decisions....I'm sure a little distance will give you the perspective that you need to figure things out!! And make sure that you are getting enough time to yourself, you need alone time so you dont feel smoothered!!

AFM - Struggling with food the past week or so. Staying under calories but not making the best choices everyday!! Not sure why, I dont know if its just frustration or what. But I am taking it day by day and trying to stay on track. Workouts have been going well. Taking 2 rest days this week.....which I do not usually do....but I got scheduled two 14 hour shifts this week and those days are so rough to try to fit in a workout!! Cant seem to find the time (or maybe motivation) to fit in an hour p90x workout and I would do a shorter run, but its dark still when I leave for work and dark when I get home and I dont live in an area where I feel totally safe running alone outside in the dark!! So this week will have 2 rest days!!

Oh and about me...Name is Abby (obviously!!) and I live in the little state of Delaware----about 30mins below Philadelphia if that helps give an idea to those not from around this area!!
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    As promised:

Meag- New Orleans will be a blast, a group of friends went last weekend and they had so much fun! Hopefully your shoes will get here soon, which ones did you end up ordering? And we all go through hard times with relationships, and I certainly know that sometimes you need someone to be "normal" than so positive! Hang in there, what needs to happen will with time.

Megan- Always the best feeling ! Congrats on all of the compliments. Hope you start feeling better :)

Amy- WOOHOO!!!!! What a great weekend you had! Keep up the hard work. I know I can always see a bigger loss when I make sure to get in protein and a solid 1200 cals a day as well. Its hard sometimes, I know personally I don't have the healthiest mindset with food, but you are doing awesome!

Cynthia- Congrats on the 6 mile run! I am looking forward to when I can make it through one of those!

Bethany- sometimes that is all you need is just a "I am going for this and I am going for this right now" I had that moment last week, and thanks for reminding me! I think I will go run before I get to comfy in my apartment :)

Emily- how was the ghost tour!? Thats sounds scary but fun all at the same time! I

Abby- That is a hard shift and I think sometimes we just need a mental break from counting and figuring out what to eat. Take your two days and I am sure you will hop right back on track :)

AFM: Finally got home about an hour ago, its been a long 12 hour day of not being inside my house and constantly on the go. I think this is my biggest downfall and I am not really sure how to overcome it...okay so I don't see the inside of my apartment for 12+ hours almost ever weekday, and I have multiple places to be in a day (work, school, tech shop, meetings, practice etc), which means multiple sets of cloths to bring. I litereally have to pack my entire life with me each morning because I don't even have 10 min to spare...so if I forget something I am SOL and I generally say whateves...its food that gets me the most. I either didn't pack enough not realizing I would be out as late...or simply was rushing out the door and forgot my lunch etc. Then by time I finally get home, I need to get a shower and in bed so I can do it all over again the next day. I realize the simple solution would be not to be involved in as much, but that isn't an option right now. So idk...

I am determined to win the biggest loser at work! I could care less about the money I just want my manager to get off her high horse...so I can sit on it :) hehe kidding...mostly. Anywho, making myself go run right now after I click "post" It wont be long because I am exhausted but its better than not going at all!

See y'all later and have a great night!

QOTD- My name is Meghan (Meg) I am live in Texas about an hour or so outside of Houston going to school at Texas A&M :)
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey Ladies,,

Read everyones post and honestly falling asleep so I will post tomorrow for sure Good night Ladies!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Morning ladies - Quick post pre-work. Today's a busy one, as Thursdays always are, so I likely won't get any posting in tonight. Tomorrow I should have some time in the evening though so hopefully we can catch up then!

Can you believe Rocktober is almost over!?! :noway: Where has that month gone? How's everyone doing on their goals - do you even remember yours? haha I faintly remember something about lunch... Sigh!

Last night I decided that sleeping in my running threads was my best work-around for not bailing on my run this morning. It worked. I would have been way too lazy and embarrassed to change out of them in the AM so I got my *kitten* up and ran 3.85mi instead. It felt awful and miserable, it was cold and dark and my heart was really not in it. Ah well. They can't all be great. Racing on Sunday and I am determined to make it so much better.

Heading into work shortly, then hitting a Jacob Outlet right after work to try and score some work clothes that fit, then chowing down on a slow-cooker jumbalaya which I HOPE will turn out well (new recipe), and then going to a concert with Tyler, who won free tickets last week. A damn long day. I'm going to be spent and hopefully will be able to get a really good night's sleep tonight. Fingers crossed!

Hoping the shoes arrive today - I ordered Asics Nimbus-12 Gels, I think? Something along those lines. Originally priced at $189.99 but I got them 70$ off plus an additional 15% off with some online code... Sawwweeeeet!

Still working on my approach to this relationship thing and what I want to do about it. This weekend looks like more of the same - total relationship overload. My family is leaving on a 10-day trip to Vancouver so I know Tyler will be around a LOT. I assume he'll be spending loads of time here, trying to be helpful but also taking advantage of the big empty house. I am really going to have to assert myself. Hope to be able to find some balance.

Have a great Thursday everyone - Hope you all find time to make it fabulous! I, for one, am determined to take a lunch break today! :bigsmile: No excuses on that one either!
  • miss_amy
    Options
    happy thursday ladies! one more day til friday! woo hoo!

meag- i definitely fell off track for a while this year. fortunately, i'm back to my lowest weight in years again. i think that's what i needed to re-motivate me to keep going. and the wedding definitely helped kick my butt into gear too! i want to look back at the pictures from my friends' wedding and be proud, not ashamed! it's great to see that when i work hard and eat right, i see results, especially after a long plateau. thanks for always being there for me! you've definitely helped me succeed! :)

meg- i definitely agree that it's hard sometimes to make the best food choices. i'm a total foodie & love going to restaurants and trying new things so i struggle with making that kind of lifestyle fit with a healthy one sometimes. everything in moderation is my motto. i totally hear ya about having to plan out your day, too. if i don't plan out everything i'm going to eat at work (breakfast, snacks, lunch), i end up blowing it and eating something bad or something i didn't really need to eat. just make it a focus to plan out your day- i usually get everything ready the night before so i'm prepared. otherwise, i'm totally screwed cuz i'm usually running late in the morning! you can do it girl!

emily- a ghost tour sounds like so much fun! i love learning about the paranormal stuff! i really believe ghosts exist. also, don't fret if you go slightly over your cals today. enjoy your pizza (in moderation) and try to make the best choices you can. just make sure to get a good workout in tomorrow! :)

asm: my name is amy (obviously lol) and i'm from chicago. i love living here, except for winter. winter is always pretty brutal here. it definitely makes you appreciate the nice days more! anywho, i'm right on track with my goals for the month. i've been working my butt off all month and it's definitely showing. after my 4lb loss last week, i'm not expecting to lose or lose much this week but i'm okay with that. we'll see what happens! i'm looking forward to another great month in november! and i get to go to san diego at the end of next month. i can't wait! good things are coming for sure! :)
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Almost Friday WOOHOO!!

Emily Congrats on all your NSV, I to feel that's all I talk about ever since changing some bad habits, I have a lot to celebrate! The Ghost tour sounds awesome I love all the creepy paranormal stuff too, halloween is my time of year and favorite season for sure! Have fun tonight and enjoy your favorite pizza everything in moderation and ya I wouldn't care to be at the gym after a few beers sounds kind of like a buzz kill lol That massage sounds like a good idea, especially since it was free, enjoy it this weekend! Keep up with your runs seems like your doing great!! :smile:

Meghan Thanks that is definitely the longest I've run, keep it up with time you will get there, i used to only be able to run 90 seconds no joke and over the last six months focused on running and honestly would not have thought I'd be able to run 6 miles, so our bodies can definitely adapt and we can mentally push our selves more than we think we can! I also have that issue with packing breakfast, snacks and lunch, packing enough is key. I usually prepare my food the night before and take leftovers from dinner that night as lunch for the following day or just make something simple unless I buy lunch which I do once a week! Good luck and kick some *kitten* with the Biggest Loser contest and ya who cares about the money although it's a nice motivator prove to yourself you can do it and screw you manager she sounds like an unhappy lady! Focus on you, do it for you and no one else!! :happy: BTW glad your brain is looking beautiful!! Hope you get some answers as to why you face is still twitching though!

Abby What you are doing sounds great and well-balanced! If it works for you then keep doing it!! I printed out a training plan and followed it for two days but I stuck with what I normally do since it works and increase distance every week little by little as in .25 miles per week and usually have 2 long runs, a short run and a run with gradual pick ups in speed! focused on distance vs. speed for now but do incorporate speed once a week and strength training 2xs per week! Unless I was running something much longer would I consider getting trained but for a 10k I'm okay! And about your food we all have those days but every day is a new day and I would definitely take the rest days working that long is difficult and your body needs to recover and rest to function properly but you know that I'm preaching to the choir! :wink: You might just be over whelmed try a yoga class man those classes are great and really help you relax especially if you're helping people all day you need some good relaxation! Hope you feel better and focus on making good choices!

Meag Thanks I finally put a body pic which is something I normally would not have done! Forgetting to weigh yourself wow that's awesome I dream about the scale lol Jk I really don't but I hope your weekend is great and let Ty know if you need some space with your family being gone you need to make yourself happy before anyone else! have fun tonight busy lady!! Let us know about that jambalaya, hey I was thinking since you are creative with your cooking that could be you new calling Chef Meag, sounds good right?! Enjoy the new shoes thats the thing about ordering online they could take a day or two extra to arrive but I'm sure you will get them and love them, even more so for that incredible price! Hope you get some rest and maybe take a lunch break!! :tongue:

AFM I ran 4 miles yesterday and did some weight training and today NOTHING no exercise just a complete rest day rescheduled with the pops was supposed to do the stairs/hill at 6am but I said nah I need sleep so I slept for 2 extra hours!!! Feels amazing to not do a thing besides work/school!! Tomorrow is another story need to either run in the early AM or in the evening haven't decided but IT will get done. As fas as my goals I need a refresher all I know is I have been doing better this month than any other month in the past, I have been running consistently, following my zig zagging for the most part, hydrated better than before, not obsessed over the scale as much and working on the sleeping patterns still, thats a tough one! Have a fun weekend ahead, tomorrow after work I will be going to Michaels and decorating some breast cancer shirts for a friend, my BF and mine and my pups shirt for the walk Sat morning! Sat have a 5k, dog training, and playing around with some make up for a costume party that I decided to go to last minute (that my cousin will be having) by my self since the Bf does not like to really go out. I will be dressed as Dia De Los Muertos Mexican celebration of people who have passed/ Day of the Dead should be fun I'll post pics later, and finally Sunday if I'm not to tired I plan on watching Paranormal Activiity 3 hoping it's better/scarier than the first two! we'll see! Oh I almost forgot My name is Cynthia but I also go by Cindy I'm from San Jose, CA 45 mins south of San Francisco, work at an Early Intervention Autism Clinic and attend night school!! Until tomorrow Ladies have great Friday! :bigsmile:
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Wheres everyone @? I'll keep it short since my post before this was pretty long!

Had a great day today! Got up at 6am and ran 5.5 miles in a nice trail I had never run before. Work went well could not have been better, went shopping @ Michaels/Target just finished decorating some breast cancer shirts for my family and friends for tomorrows walk @ 8am, bought some accessories for my costume but still need to buy some make up for the Dia de Los Muertos Face painting! Enjoying some mint tea and a recipe my younger brother gave me; pumpkin chicken soup, it's delicious! He's a sous chef in Denver so I make several calls regarding food! Wish I had the cooking skills he did!

Tomorrow is a busy day the walk, dog training, shopping to complete my look for tomorrow nights party and finally I get to relax Sunday so not to sure about the movie night yet!! Hope you ladies had a great day and have a safe weekend! Good night! :bigsmile:
  • abby459
    Options
    Cynthia - I am soo impressed you get yourself up for those early morning runs!! I always set my alarm but I cant seem to wake myself up!! I need more motivation!! Hope you have a great race today and have a wonderful time at your party tonight....your costume sounds amazing..post pics for us!!! And congrats on the weight loss....you worked hard for it!!

Meg- You sound like my schedule last year, with work and school and trying to work out....its soo hard to keep up with everything and not lose you sanity!! That was my big issue with trying to lose weight. Hopefully it balances out for you...I dont know how much longer you have in school, but I know it makes your schedule crazy and stressful!! Try to find sometime for yourself in the mix!! And rock out that BL work challenge!! Show them all!

Meag - I totally love that you slept in your running gear and it worked for you!! I really may need to try that sometime. I am not a morning person at all, so early workouts never happen for me even if I try to set my alarm for it. Glad the new shoes came in and I hope you like them!! Let me know, I need a new pair soon too!!

Emily - I am the same way with all of the NSV/SVs....driving my BF crazy with it too!! But its exciting for us and those small victories keep us going!! And a BIG CONGRATS on the 5K record!!! Thats sooo amazing, congrats! Hope you have a great time on your ghost tour, sounds like so much fun, let me know how it was!!

Amy - Even if you dont have a big loss this week, dont sweat it!! you've had such an amazing month so far!!! I am soo impressed by you and your attitude!!

AFM - I had a 1.2lb loss this week, which is amazing for me. I never even lose an entire lb in one week...usually just 0.4 or 0.6. This was very exciting and I think it helped to re-motivate me. I was trying to run 100 miles in Rocktober...but only made it to 73 so far. OK with that though, its still more then I have probably ever run in my life all combined!! Will still try to go for 100 next month!! Getting back on track with my food choice too!! I had a family outing last night and ate the best I could, stayed under cals. And today I am trying really hard to make this week good with my food choices again!!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Eeep! Ok so I've been slacking here, eh? Lots of catch up, but first of all... It's Oct 29th today which means we have 3 freaking days left to rock it in October! I am going to re-post the list to remind us all of our goals. If you're falling short, bust your *kitten* these last few days and make it count :wink: It's never too late to make good on a commitment to your health.

abby459- see 140lbs on the scale, finish 5K race without walking and under 30mins, aim to run 5miles without walking
    meagalayne- drink more water than I did in September, continue to increase core strength, trail run and spin each at least once a week, and take a proper lunch break at work twice a week (ie: don't kill yourself working 9 hours straight)
    Lalonmeg (meghan)- start back with the c25k program! Keep eating breakfast or at least pack something to go, cut back on the coffee intake. Try and wake up at similar time even days I don't open for work to keep a normal sleep schedule
    Imarunner8908- Workout 2-3 days a week, continue tracking, WATER WATER WATER!
    Leela30 - get back to the measurements I had in April - losing an inch almost everywhere
    Mkingraham- keep up the 15k training program, stretch for ten minutes every evening, reprioritize strength training
    stephabee- get into the lower 130s, start run the running group 2 a week, track food and exercise
    miss_amy- lose 7-8lbs (or at least 5-6), log food every day & work out 5 days a week for at least 45 mins to an hour
    HelloKayla- make it to 130, drink at least 64 ounces of water each day, and work out at least 5 days a week!
    theperfectratio-155 on the scale, drop 1-2 inches around the waist, run 3 miles w/o stopping. Eat CLEAN.
    jyopchick - follow my bootcamp program all the way through the 8 weeks, continue to work out at least 6 days a week, with as many DOUBLE "LCWs" (last chance workouts) as i can squeeze, and a 4lb weight loss by the end of the month.
    GreenHumanClay-Workout 5-6xs/per week with 4-5 of those workouts including running, increase my running distance to 7 miles non-stop, 2 5k's, consume more h20, and lose 3-5lbs and continue zig-zagging.
    Traverlerkate drink LOTS more water, incorporate more fruits and veggies, and hit the gym at least 3 times a week
    MissGolightly727(Emily) - Run 3 times per week with weight training after. Get the scale under 170. Run 2 miles without stopping/walking. Continue with no carbonated drinks plan!

Ok... So I guess I'll start with this. I'm about 1/2 way through my goals. Water is a definite fail. I know I need to get more but it is SUCH a challenge with the cold setting in... I will continue to strive to get more water every day, but definitely not putting that one in the WIN column. Core strength - PSHT. FAIL! That one's being carried over too. I definitely bailed on my planks and core workouts. But I am recommitting to strength work in Nov - hoping to do better. Definite *win* on trail runs and spin class. I have done a trail run every week and I spin at least once, sometimes twice when I can fit it in. Loving the diversification! Win!:drinker: Most weeks I have taken ONE lunch break, which I will call a win since in the past I have not been taking any. I think there may have been one week where I got away from my desk twice at lunch but that was the exception to the rule. Either way, it's progress. And moving forward I'll be taking breaks more often. I know that I work too hard most days and deserve it. It's becoming very clear that my coworkers and superiors recognize my work ethic and I have been reaping the rewards lately. Very much looking forward to my year-end bonus :bigsmile:

Abby- I truly am a morning person, 100%, and even I really struggle with morning runs before work. Especially now that the temps are dropping, it's dark out, usually dreary and damp/raining. It's tough. Sleeping in my gear helps but I never feel motivated on my runs. Have to really make the gym and my weekend runs count lately. Just have to see what works - it's trial and error for me, really. Last winter I was working nights and was able to run during the day. Running in the afternoon sun was GREAT on those cold, snowy days. Running at 530am will not be. I guess we'll just have to be flexible and adaptable. I'm sure you'll figure out what works for you! Congrats on your running NSVs and your weight loss this week - You are really embracing the lifestyle change and it's paying dividends. Hate to say it, but the only way to really succeed is to do things right! You, Amy, Megan, Cynthia and every other lady on this board can attest. Hard work pays off!

Cynthia- Your running is really picking up, girl! Way to log those miles! I am so impressed - Your progress so far is awesome and I know you have so much more to gain/grow. Most of all I truly envy your ability to make time for these workouts. You rock!

Amy- Love all the happiness you are radiating :bigsmile: its to wonderful to have such a positive force on this board. I am so glad to have you back and very proud of your accomplishments and dedication this month. You are such an inspiration!

Emily - PRs b*tches! I love it! :drinker: PRing a run ALWAYS feels amazing, no matter the distance or speed. Showing yourself that you CAN do it, you can push and improve and best yourself. Nothing feels better. That's what I love the most about the sport of running. The goal is always to best yourself. You are both your own toughest competition and your own biggest motivator and coach. You have to always push yourself to do better, run harder, longer, faster and just keep improving. It's not about being improving as much as the rest, but about constantly improving and setting the bar anew every single time your feet hit the asphalt. The work is never done. There is no end game. For some people it's torture but for many, like us, it's invigorating! We will always have new targets to hit, new goals to reach, and new challenges that face us every run and every day. Love love love it. You absolutely SMASHED your previous time. Revel in your NSV and celebrate. Hope you did something fabulous for yourself. You deserve it!

AFM...

Thursday, I managed a super early, cold, miserable run, and endured a very long but happy day at work. Dinner was decently healthy and then Tyler and I ended up at a very intimate, and truly fabulous studio concert at Hamilton Place. The music was great but by 9:15 I was nodding off and I fell asleep several times. We finally called it a night at 10:30. It was a shame, because it was such a good show, but just not in the cards.

Friday was exhausting but such a happy day at work. So many things turned up Meag - Lots of good work news, customers happy, suppliers actually meeting deadlines, and my co-worker finally back after 2 months or so being off due to illness (meaning I no longer have to cover all her work on top of mine!). It was great to see her and such a relief not being so swamped. The mood around the office was an odd sense of calm and camaraderie for once. Such a nice change. I gained 1.3lbs in the last two weeks according to the scale, which isn't a huge surprise since I've been eating a lot of junk, but I'm not freaking out. My weight is fine. I'm more concerned with my body composition than anything right now... Definitely need to hit the gym and lift some weights!

My shoes arrived on Thurs and I finally took them out this afternoon for what was supposed to be an easy pre-race run, but turned into a speedy "just want to run and kill it because my feet feel amazing" run... 3.24 miles in 30 minutes. That's a 9:12 pace - slightly faster than my best 5K time. Woot woot. Not racing conditions but feels good to know I'm getting faster. I've got our trail race tomorrow and I'm very curious to see how we'll do... Not expecting any major PRs b/c of the course, but I think it should be a lot of fun. I'll keep y'all posted.

This morning, we splurged and made some Grain & Nut pancakes, based loosely on a recipe I've seen for Ihop brand pancakes in the past. Of course, I switched it up a bit. Made 9 good-sized pancakes at 104 cals each (3g fat, 4g protein, 3g fiber). Here's the skinny:

3/4 cup oatmeal, pulsed in my ninja for a few seconds to turn it to a very coarse flour
    3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp baking soda
    1/2-1 tsp cinnamon (didn't measure)
    1 cup almond milk
    60g (1/4cup) plain greek yogurt (you could use applesauce)
    1 whole egg
    2 Tbsp brown sugar - or any sweetener, or none, but of course the boy wanted his sweet...
    1 oz almonds, roughly chopped

Mix the dry. Mix the wet. Combine and then mix in the almonds. Let sit for 10-15 mins and then cook as normal with pancakes. Turned out pretty damn god and they were very thick, dense and yummy!

Tonight's a pork and veg stirfry - Who knows what we'll throw in. Should be good though! And perhaps some beer later on... We'll see! Hope you beauties have a fabulous day :bigsmile: Much love and rock the rest of October!
  • miss_amy
    Options
    hey ladies!

just going to make this a brief post.

thank you abby & meag for your kind words. honestly, i wouldn't be having the success i am without a great support system here! you ladies are amazing! :)

so i definitely had an amazing month. i lost another 1.2lbs this week! i was not expecting to lose at all since i lost 4 last week so that was a huge surprise this morning. i checked the scale 3x lol. i beat my halloween goal by 1lb! so happy. :) i'm only 2.8lbs away from losing 50 which is so exciting and surreal for me. the most i'd ever lose on past "diets" was 10-15lbs and then i'd give up and gain it all back plus some. i've definitely come a long way from those days. i lost about 8lbs this month which is one of the best months i've had since i started losing and taking this seriously last year. i am SO freaking happy that i'm over that awful plateau i was on for a few months this year! i hope i don't see another one for a long time. as for my NSV goals, i definitely kicked *kitten* on working out at least 5 days a week for the whole month, but i didn't log every single day so that's something i need to work on next month. overall, i'm grateful for a successful october and i'm looking forward to an awesome november! lets do this ladies!