Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - October Challenge!! (One year

Options
123457»

Replies

• lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    hope everyone had a great weekend! Man how the time has flown by!

Emily- Yes I am actually a theater major! I love theater, what kind do you do? And I chickend out and ended up not going to the haunted trail lol I just cant handle real life scary. hahaha and I love that you celebrated your run with a Rocky dance! Way to go!

Amy- glad to hear I am not the only one! I am still planning my days out the night before like its my job, but I still don't like it lol and I wish it could be easier, but oh well I am and will make it work! Mind of matter. Awesome job on beating your halloween goal! You have been working so hard, and you always seem to be so positive even through the tough days! You deserve every bit of your achievements!

cynthia- that is awesome and gives me hope and something to look forward to in the future. The face twitch has gotten better, but I am still supposed to see a neurologist for it, although personally i don't see the point but I will go. Did you get to see Paranormal Activity 3? I saw the 1st one and couldn't bare to see the 2nd haha

abby- yes exactly! It's just balancing everything, some days even send an email seems like its going to take too long for the time I have, forget trying to focus on eating and exercising! I have about another year left, so hopefully it will start to slow down a bit. And congrats on the 1lb loss!!! That is super exciting and what a great motivator.

meag- thanks for reposting the goals! I had already forgotten what mine were. And I know for me, its so hard to get water in too! I have been adding a splash of cranberry juice and a lemon to a 32oz nalgene and I drink that up like there is no tomorrow! There is just enough flavor to where it isn't boring, plus you get the health benefits from the cranberry and lemon without drinking too much juice for it to get high calorie or sugary.

ASF: Looking back at my goals not too bad. I am starting back with C25K, I have been eating breakfast, and most days packing a lunch.

Today however is a fat day and I am not sure why, but I just rolled with it, and ate as healthy as I have been rather than giving into my ruff mood and diving for the sweets. I have a 7 page paper due this week over Italian Renaissance theatrical architecture (this is probably the culprit of the fat day, 7 page paper = stressed out Meghan), sssooooo, I might not be posting till that is turned in lol. I will for sure see each of you on the Novemeber bored though! Can't wait :)
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    OK ladies its well past my bedtime but i wanted to update you on my SICK race today...

I'll start with the bad news -
    It was meant to be an 8K-ish trail run (distances and difficulty differ based on your best race times from previous races) but the marshalls screwed up the routing and it ended up being only about 6K. Yes - that was the ONLY bad part!

It was honestly the most hardcore, heinous, heart-pounding, kick-*kitten* race I've ever done. The course and terrain were INTENSE. We start out down a street toward the park, but as soon as we hit the trails we were repelling (yes - with a rope and all) single file down a 25-30 foot dirt/mud hill, to a ledge that ran along the Don Valley Creek and then running under a very dicey bridge, along another ledge, through creeks and streams (some thigh-high water in parts - very "refreshing" at about 4 degrees Celcius), up and down crazy hills, over rocks and through mud, traversing log strewn trails and virtually the entire course was untouched, ground covered, and entirely single-file. It was a race through the woods, without a doubt. In several spots the organizers had to use ropes to help up climb up and down the hills because they were so steep and in a few instances they strung rope across the creeks to aid us in crossing the obstacles. The course was NUTS! It was so much crazier than I expected, but goddamn if it wasn't fun.

Tyler, Derek (an old friend) and I had an absolute blast and it's got me totally REVVED up for more racing! :bigsmile: I've got another race in 2 weeks - an 8K road race - but I am definitely eager to do some more trail running of this nature. It's just way too fun to get yourself all muddied up and dirty without a care in the world. Heck yes it's cold, but I can warm up when I get home! There's something way too freeing about racing through creeks in nearly freezing temperatures without caring in the slightest bit about how you look, how you feel, or how crazy you seem. It's NUTS and I love it! :drinker:

Anyway - Food was pretty sh*tty this weekend but thats alright. I plan to run my buns off this week in my new shoes :bigsmile: Recovery run tomorrow after work with plenty of stretching. Ty's watching the dog and I'm going to get a good run in if it's the last thing I do. Trying to avoid all the kids on Hallowe'en like it's my job - so running should do the trick! haha

Hope ya'll have a great last day in Oct - I'll be posting the new challenge thread for November tomorrow night. Have a great day!
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies- sorry I haven't been a good thread participator this month. I typically like to post everyday, but this month has been a crazy one! Between being super busy at work, getting sick, and just feeling super tired it has made all motivation this month a tough one. I was still glad to see what you ladies were up to and I promise that I am going to try harder!

I would say that I totally failed my goals this month. I didn't 100% keep up with my 15k training plan, in fact I haven't run in a few weeks due to injury and fatigue but I am going to attempt to run 5 miles today. Might as well end October on a high note right! I haven't stretched really at all, which is something I really need to work on because my flexibility is pathetic. I mean I can't even touch my toes, its sad. And I barely made it in the gym so weights certainly weren't a priority. My 15k race is just about a month away so this weekend I am attempting to run 7 miles, depending on how the 5 miles goes today. I am hoping they go really good and I still feel confident as a runner. At least I haven't gained any weight, and in fact I think I dropped a couple of pounds this month, but I haven't done an official weigh-in in a long time. Which I don't think is a bad thing! I am ready to refocus in November because I don't want the holidays to be a reason for me to pack on some lbs.

I should probably get back to work, but I wanted to at least drop in and say hello. I promise I'll try harder to be an active participant in November :heart:
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Quick check in I'll be back tonight to finish posting running short on time.

This weekend was awesome but had noo down time, so this coming weekend will be low key for sure!
    Sat my family, best friend and the BF did the Breast cancer walk oh as well as my dog too he did great! the walk was a success and we went to Dennys right after, although I did order one of there healthier choices I had a pancake puppie it's about two inches big and delicious basically a mini pancake, don't care for Denys too much but breakfast was not bad! My Dia De Los Muertos make up was great the pic I have posted is a pic after the party so the make up wasn't as fresh but thanks to my BF for doing a great job! He rocks!

Sunday was a hectic day also with running errands, cleaning and costume shopping for work today which took about 2 hours. Had to buy something appropriate and kid friendly so I purchased Sally from the nightmare before X-Mas but I have to tone down her make up before I freak these toddlers out lol. Baked till about 10:30 last night home made pumpkin pie, thankfully it came out great with my luck it would've been a disaster trying to make something from scratch for work but it worked out perfect!

Planning on a run in the pm with a friend shooting for 6-7 miles because I realized I was supposed to be able to run 7 miles by the end of the month so we'll see how I feel about running that much, wish me luck! Until tonight, I will be posting my goals that I either met/or didn't as well as the new ones, and glad that this challenge is continuing have a great Monday Ladies HAPPY HALLOWWEN!!!! :devil:
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Meag - Glad you enjoyed your trail run!! Sounds like it was a blast!! even if it got cut short a little.

Emily - I feel ya on the lack of running over the weekend...I have been the same way! And sorry that you are going through a break up but it sounds like you made a good choice, one that will better you in the long run!! Congrats, I'm sure it was a hard decision to make!

Cynthia - Love the pic...amazing makeup!! Hope you get to hit your 7 mile run mark!!

AFM - I have been a total slacker this past week. I did not work out the whole weekend or today!! Worked 12-14hour shifts all three days though. Way more then I usually work in one week, but it was just filling in for someone on vacation! So this week should be back to normal for me! I kinda miss my runs, but I am getting a long trail run in tomorrow...gotta start Nov off on the right track!!! I have been eating better again though...tonight is hubby's birthday, so may have some ice-cream, but other then that I am determined to stay on track this month!!

As for my goals from October: I did not make it to 140...booo!!! I weighed in on Sat at 142.7lb.....so I guess breaking 140 will have to wait until November!! I was able to run 5 miles without walking and I am doing about 7.5 miles now with a few mins of walking here and there. Huge progress for me, 3 months ago I couldnt even run 1 mile!! I also made my goal of runnning my first 5k in under 30mins and without walking at all!!

I am going to start thinking of some new goals for next month!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Hey beauties! Posted the November challenge a TAD early - I want to get to bed before midnight strikes so it just had to be... The new thread can be found here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/381801-kicking-a-in-our-twenties-november-challenge

Abby - Thanks! It was truly amazing :bigsmile: I am feeling like being a total slacker lately... Not working my hardest and something's gotta give this month. Definitely trying a new approach to healthy living in November. Hope it works! Your running victories are so much more significant than any number on the scale so I say October was a huge success for you. Keep up with the training and the weight loss will follow - it just takes time, as with anything.

Cynthia - Super creepy awesome picture - Great make-up! How did your run get on? Did you meet your October goal of 7 miles?

Emily - Thank you so much for sharing that all with us :bigsmile: No apologies needed. It's great that you feel like you can open up and we've all been there at some point, so totally understandable. Sounds like you were in the same place that I've been in for a little while here... Just not feeling 100% happy. It's not "bad" per se, between Tyler and I, but it's definitely not great. And nothing like it was when we started together. I think more often than not lately I feel like I'd be happier alone but it's so hard to make that leap for fear of giving up all the great things about it... I've never been afraid to be alone, and I really don't think that's holding me back at all. Not sure what it is. But it takes a lot of courage to make the move that you did and I'm proud of you - Hope that it makes you happy in the end dearest. Just means more time and energy to focus on being the best you that you can be! :bigsmile: I love that attitude! And I am certainly feeling that pull lately too... We shall see...

Anyway - Post your updates and anything new in our new challenge thread. October's been and gone - It's time to kick it into November, 20s style! :drinker: