HOT MOMS (Closed Group) - 7/18 to 12/31

Options

Replies

• Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm Laurie from Group 8.
    I'm married and have two daughters,22 and 16.

I've always struggled with my weight loss. I've always worked out,since the age of 16,but never really got serious about my diet.
    Right now my Goal Weight is 125 lbs,but I may re-evaluate this once I get there. I just want to me at a weight that makes me feel good and I want to look healthy. I lift weights twice and week and do cardio for 6 days. Plus,I do Killer buns and thighs x1 a week.

I just wanted to say thank you Helen for starting this thread!

I just weighed in this morning @ 130.4 lbs! Woo Hooo!
    I didn't have a loss last week,so it felt darn good to step on the scale and see it move in the right direction!:smile:

Please feel free to add me as a friend!:flowerforyou:
  • alina726
    alina726 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am a newly single mother of a 5 year old. She's perfectly wonderful. I recently lost weight, but have now put nearly all of it back on. I have really been struggling over the last few weeks and cannot pinpoint why. ready to start fresh!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    187.5. Hooray. Progress! I guess exercise and getting sick work in my favor. I came down with a horrible cold that settled in my chest.

Keep on swimming!
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - So are the individual groups going away, and we are all posting on this new thread, or are you all still posting in the smaller groups too?? Just trying to clarify where I am supposed to be posting.

I took my monthly measurements this morning, which I have been doing at the beginning of each month since we started. I am continuing to shrink!! Seeing the numbers is sooo rewarding. I know my clothes have been getting loose, and I have been fitting into smaller sizes, but seeing the numbers, I can really see why. I lost another 5.5 inches overall, for a total of 12.25" since the beginning of August, which is when I really started getting serious. I am up a few pounds this morning, from the weekend. Since I reached my intermediate goal of 150 last week, I decided to give myself a little reward and a little time off. The key is getting back on track today, and I know that the numbers will begin dropping again. I think I am slowly learning that I can allow myself a few indulgences, but then it is back on track with the lifestyle, and not allow the binge to continue. It is all about moderation and keeping on track most of the time.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and your week is off to a great start!!
    Tammy
  • badbrat2005
    Options
    Hey everyone. I am Jessie from group 3. I am a mother of one 7 year old boy. I weighed in today at 194.6 pounds. New motivation...my mother had to put herself on a diet because she is having problems with diabetes and she has already lost 5 pounds and is 2.6 pounds less than me, therefore I need to lose better so I can be skinnier than my mom. Good motivation right?
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm in Group 9. I am 41 with two young children, both girls, 4 and 2. I work full time and my husband travels for his job (he's gone 3-5 nights a week) so I often have the same challenges as a single mother in terms of child care and finding time to workout.

I gained 60 lbs when I was pregnant with my first and only lost 45... then gained another 60 with the second (I was huge!). I have lost all 60 from the second pregnancy, but am still working on the 15 I never lost from the first.

I started running this year and have run both 5Ks and 10Ks throughout the summer. I am signed up to run a 1/2 marathon in October... this will be my first 1/2 marathon, but definitely not my last...

Unfortunately, I have not done a great job in terms of controlling my food intake. We've travelled to A LOT of great places this summer, all with great places to eat. Then, as a result of being gone so often and not getting to the grocery store on the weekends I have had to eat out while at work more than I would have liked and/or normally done... leading me to not be as careful as I should have been.

Luckily, running is extremely efficient in terms of calorie burn so I have not gained any weight and while the scale has not moved in terms of pounds, my clothes are fitting much better and I am comfortably wearing a size 6 when just a few months ago there were some things that were still a bit too tight and I was still in a size 8... Happily, I am in the process of weeding all of the size 8 and 10 stuff out of my closet getting ready to donate it. On October 10th I will be giving away everything that I own that is size 8 and above... I never plan to wear it again... ever...

I have also had a few injuries along the way that has slowed my progress. I have an old neck injury from a car accident 15 years ago and when I am not careful and/or over-do it, I pay the price. When I don't give my neck its due respect I can aggrevate the old injury and find myself in extreme/constant pain with limited mobility. It can and has taken weeks to recover from this and it is extremely frustrating when it happens. Sometimes I feel like I am making excuses for not working out when my neck is bothering me... but I also know what can happen if I push it too far so I have to remind myself that it is not worth pushing so hard that I end up putting myself further behind...

That being said, I feel like October will be my month. I will finish this month lighter than I started it....
  • KimmieSue2011
    KimmieSue2011 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Helen thank you so much for doing this. I was in group 6, we sort of disbanded on the message board (but I did get a couple friends from there!). Would love other Mom friends to motivate me.

I started on MFP at 158. Had started taking an anti thryroid medicine for my Graves Disease and gained 10 lbs from my usual 150 ish to 160+. Lost a few lbs before I found MFP. My goal weight is 150. This morning I weighed 154, so I am halfway there! Its been up and down over the last two months though. When I am home, and not traveling, I eat better and exercise more. I also have gone down on the dosage of my medicine considerably, and am losing weight at a higher caloric intake than when I was eating fewer calories and gaining (and getting really discouraged!)

I am married and my kids are 9 and 7.

Kim
  • MaxandHenrysMom
    MaxandHenrysMom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am 42 yrs. old and mom to twin boys, 2 1/2 years old.

This is a great idea forming a larger group. Maybe it will help get me motivated again. I was off all summer and it was much, much easier to stay on track with exercise and eating healthy when not working. Now, juggling home, teaching, grading, and a million committees,I just eat what's easiest. I'm only getting to the gym about once a week.

Today I weighed in at 110, which is where I've been for a few weeks. I don't mind this weight, but I do want to be toner and lower my fat %. My somewhat arbitrary goal is 107lb.
  • MamaGraves2
    MamaGraves2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Thank you for getting this together!
  • bogle34
    bogle34 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Is this where we keep track of our weight? Oh man I didn't like the #'s on the scale for me it was167....not good, but so ready to see the #'s on the scale go down & inches off me for good! Good luck, feel free to add me as a friend, I need all the support good luck ladies !
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Would it be easier if we just all friended Helen and emailed her our weight? Or do we keep posting in our threads for our captains? Just wondering. I think it is a lot for Helen to sift through this thread, and I know she is busy. Helen?
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    Would it be easier if we just all friended Helen and emailed her our weight? Or do we keep posting in our threads for our captains? Just wondering. I think it is a lot for Helen to sift through this thread, and I know she is busy. Helen?

Here are my thoughts...

Everyone who ever signed up for "Who Wants to Be a Hot Mom?" is automatically part of this group, whether or not they post anything. Everyone can still participate in their individual groups. (I know many of you have made friends and like the smaller groups.) I was starting to see a big drop off on postings and captains not completing weekly charts, so I thought it would be a good time to "wrangle" us all together!

The main thing is....KEEP POSTING YOUR WEEKLY WEIGH-INS!! It doesn't matter if it's here, your small group, messages to me, whatever. I don't want to make it hard for you with specific posting rules, and I don't want to nag you to post each week. I DO want you to be accountable and recognize where you're at, each and every week, by sharing your weight with us, gain or loss. You cannot make progress unless you know where you're at and where you've been! Everyone who posts a weekly weigh-in will be included in the weekly progress chart.

I mainly created the "Hot Moms" group thread for those who want more friends, more messages, and more motivation to keep at it. I've thought about doing weekly exercise/food challenges, but I'm not sure that's what we need. Maybe a point system for each time you workout or stay under calories??? Thoughts? Ideas? What's gonna help YOU reach your end of the year GW?
  • helena98
    Options
    And...I checked in at 194.2 this morning. A gain from last week (+0.8, BOOOOO!), but not so bad, considering I threw my diet and exercise plans out the window when I started my new job last Wednesday. Now that I'm getting into the routine (even starting to exercise again this week), I have BIG hopes for the rest of the weigh-ins. Hopefully this will be my last weekly gain in this challenge!!!

(Yikes! I just checked the last 11 weeks of my weigh-ins, and 5 of them had a gain! That's what schoolwork, summer breaks, and job hunting can do to you. Time to turn this thing around!)
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    My name is Alicia, and I'm not doing so well. I've been fighting with the "food demons" and obviously haven't been winning. I am not quitting, but I am not going to weigh in until Oct 17th. I hope by then to have everything under control. Everybody in this group is very motivating and inspiring and I don't want to let any of you down! Feel free to add me as a friend if not already, for I can use all the support I can get.
  • joimichele
    Options
    Hey! Here is group 9. I was unsure about where to post the weight or if I was still supposed to be making a weight chart.

L3NgZ.png
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    Helen,
    I would love to have a weekly exercise/food challenge to motivate us. But I will go with whatever the rest of the group decides. Thanks for putting this together, I think it is what we need to bring all of us back together and get motivated......
  • joimichele
    Options
    Helen,
    I would love to have a weekly exercise/food challenge to motivate us. But I will go with whatever the rest of the group decides. Thanks for putting this together, I think it is what we need to bring all of us back together and get motivated......

I like this!
  • helena98
    Options
    Hello, Hot Moms!

It’s Wednesday! Time to review our progress chart!

Please note the following:

• I only included members who have checked in with their weights in the past 2 weeks (9/26 and 10/3).

• I’ve added Group 5, with members bogle34 and KimmieSue2011. They originally signed up in July and are making a comeback! Even though you’re welcome to create your own group thread, you are not required to do so. Just keep posting your weights & messages in this main group.

zncC3.png

This weekend marks our half-way point. I’m SO impressed with all the moms who are already 50% or more to your goals! You are well on your way to reaching your goal weights!

GROUP 1:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/294382--who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mom-group-1-closed-group

GROUP 2:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/294130-who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mom-group-2-closed-thread

GROUP 3:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/318548-rambling-random-hot-moms-closed

GROUP 4:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/294495-who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mama-group-4-closed-group

GROUP 5: No individual group topic thread.
    GROUP 6: Discontinued.

GROUP 7:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/293681--who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mom-group-7

GROUP 8:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/293856-who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mom-group-8-closed-thread

GROUP 9:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/340810-moms-on-the-move-group-9-closed-group

GROUP 10:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/299782-hot-mom-closed-group-mommies-in-control
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Wowgroup four. Congratulating you on being all in the yellow or green! Awesome!! I can't wait til I move up in rank that will be the best feeling. I am sitting up coughing in the middle of the night. Stupid cold isn't letting me sleep. Not only that but o have not been able to exercise. I get winded easily. I can't wait until I am feeling better bit is rather frustrating to finally feel motivated and yet be unable to move like I want to. I have been putting some random fitness moves into my day. Squatting and lunging while doing dishes and cleaning. Hopefully that will make up the difference for me.
  • rkoontz
    rkoontz Posts: 75
    Options
    WTG Hot Mamas on that weight loss. Keep up the good work.