HOT MOMS (Closed Group) - 7/18 to 12/31

Options

Replies

• Freedom1220
    Freedom1220 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You have an amazing story! Keep up the great work!
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I'm Marie from Group 1 :bigsmile: I love having a central thread for us all to keep in touch and motivate one another to finish the year out strong!
    I'm 32 and have been overweight/obese all of my life and I finally said "enough is enough". My best friend and husband started traveling this journey toward being fit together about 6 months ago and we haven't looked back since. I have a 9 year old son and a 2 year old daughter who I want to set a positive example for and be able to keep up with when we do active family activities. We also run a group home so we have 5 teenage boys that we take care of and teach social skill to every day. I want and need the energy to keep up with our crazy busy lifestyle :happy:
    Let's finish the year out strong ladies!
    :heart: Marie :heart:
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Wow girls-love to read everyone's story! I think we should rename our group to Super Hot Moms:) We all have a lot on our plate, and we are keeping ourselves healthy. Way to go girls! Keep up the good work. I know seeing myself move from yellow to white (I think it was yellow, not green), was kinda a bummer. But I know I am working out. I just need to eat less. My parents are visiting, and I just have no self control right now with the yummy dinners, bread and desserts my mom is working so hard to have ready when we all get home. How do you not eat what is provided? You can't just say "Oh, thanks, I'm good, I am just going to fix this low fat, low calorie dinner while you all eat the delicious meal you worked all day to make." So right now I am trying to keep with the water and the exercise. Maybe I can control the amount of gain this week.
    Anyway-you all are awesome. Keep it up-we can do this!!!
  • joimichele
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am 42 yrs. old and mom to twin boys, 2 1/2 years old.

This is a great idea forming a larger group. Maybe it will help get me motivated again. I was off all summer and it was much, much easier to stay on track with exercise and eating healthy when not working. Now, juggling home, teaching, grading, and a million committees,I just eat what's easiest. I'm only getting to the gym about once a week.

Today I weighed in at 110, which is where I've been for a few weeks. I don't mind this weight, but I do want to be toner and lower my fat %. My somewhat arbitrary goal is 107lb.
    Fellow teacher here! What do u teach?
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone with a loss so far!! You all are awesome!! I weighed in this morning and am actually up 0.2 for this week...149.4. I was kinda expecting it, since I had such a big loss last week (3.4) and celebrated a bit last weekend. But I am back on track and dropping again. I really need to kick in the workouts...been slacking a bit lately. I have a half marathon coming up next month and am feeling unprepared, so I need to get my training going. If any of you are children of the 80's like I am, we are going to the Journey, Foreigner and Night Ranger concert tonight...I am so excited!! I loved those bands back in the day!! Hope everyone has something fun planned for the weekend...enjoy it!! Tammy
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    Way to go everyone with a loss so far!! You all are awesome!! I weighed in this morning and am actually up 0.2 for this week...149.4. I was kinda expecting it, since I had such a big loss last week (3.4) and celebrated a bit last weekend. But I am back on track and dropping again. I really need to kick in the workouts...been slacking a bit lately. I have a half marathon coming up next month and am feeling unprepared, so I need to get my training going. If any of you are children of the 80's like I am, we are going to the Journey, Foreigner and Night Ranger concert tonight...I am so excited!! I loved those bands back in the day!! Hope everyone has something fun planned for the weekend...enjoy it!! Tammy
    Oh wow! Take me with you!! I would love to go to that concert :bigsmile: I know you'll have tons of fun!
    :heart: Marie
  • Babbe
    Babbe Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Hope you all are doing well with our busy lives.

I had my weigh in today. Down another 1.1 lbs. So 142.4

I am so happy I have only 1.5 lbs to go til normal BMI range hopefully I can get there in the next 2 weeks.
  • momwithacamera
    momwithacamera Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I went UP this week!! UGH!! I can't see anything glaringly wrong in my diary, so I guess I will just keep going this week and hope it reverses!
    164.4 Friday weigh in
    Jen
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! Keep up the great work!:smile:
  • momwithacamera
    momwithacamera Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    If it is not too late to change my weigh in for the chart, I went back down to 163.2, so I guess the extra pound was just water or something... will keep on going this week and hope for a good loss!
    Jen
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! Take me with you!! I would love to go to that concert :bigsmile: I know you'll have tons of fun!
    :heart: Marie

OH WOW I would love to go also. Foreigner was one of my fav's back in the day. I know you will have a great time ENJOY
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS to all the losers this week. Looks like we are doing great. Let's keep up the good work
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    Yay! Weigh-ins are already coming in! It's great to see the progress everyone is making.

I'm still trying to adjust to my new schedule. I started a full-time job almost 2 weeks ago, and I'm missing all my free time! I'm struggling with feeding the family at night (LOTS of take out last week) and having the motivation to workout at nights. I'm trying to listen to my body to see what it needs. On Wednesday, I was just exhausted, so I skipped my workout on purpose, giving my body a break. But then I gave myself a workout break on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I'm sure that never happens to the rest of you, right???

So......it's Sunday night, and I'm taking some time to plan out my week. For starters, I'm trying to get 10,000 steps/day at work. I have my MFP account set to "active," but I have a desk job, so I need to make sure I'm getting up and moving throughout the day. I found this article last week about how many steps sedentary to highly active people take. (Here's a link, if you're interested: http://walking.about.com/cs/measure/a/locke122004.htm.) Based on their classifications, I need to take 10,000 steps a day to keep my "active" status. I wore a pedometer last week, and it's actually about 900 steps to get from the staff parking lot to my office. (Thank you, university campus!) So, if I get up and move all day (take the far bathroom, walk the hallways during breaks, spend at least 20 minutes walking at lunch), I can easily get in my 10,000 steps before coming home. Then I'll wrap it all up with a DVD at night.

I want to do a short DVD workout every night, just to get back into the daily exercise habit again and to add some strength training to my 10,000 steps. I have 2 programs from ExerciseTV.tv -- 10 pound Slimdown (30 days) and Bikini Revolution (21 days). I have both sets of DVDs but never incorporated either of them into an actual monthly program. I think I'll start with 10 pound Slimdown, probably only doing 1 video a night on weekdays, and then having longer workouts on Saturdays.

Exercise goals are SET. Now, what about eating? I've been slacking on my tracking, and this will always make me plateau. So this week, I'll track ALL my calories. I need to work hard at keeping my overall calories within my limits and also keeping my treat calories down (aiming for 100 cals/day).

It's a new week! Feel free to join me on my personal challenges.
    **EXERCISE -- 10,000 steps/day (5 miles) and 20 min strength training DVD/day.
    **FOOD -- Track all calories, stay within daily limits, and keep treat calories under 100 cals/day.
  • helena98
    Options
    If it is not too late to change my weigh in for the chart, I went back down to 163.2, so I guess the extra pound was just water or something... will keep on going this week and hope for a good loss!
    Jen

No problem!
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Weigh in time and today its 143.25 lbs. One more day on the meds then I have to hope the cravings go away so I stand a chance of getting my diet under control.
  • alina726
    alina726 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    sw 165.2
    today is 162.8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Down 2.4 so excited!
  • helena98
    Options
    192.6 today! SO great to see a new low number!

@ Sara, "MrsWibbly" -- You made it to the end of your meds! I'm sending good vibes your way, hoping you'll see the lbs DROP this week and the weeks to come! :smile:
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Thanks Helen,

Really hoping that I can continue to lose over the next couple of weeks - saw a photo of myself from last weekend and I can see the extra 20lbs in my face - really looking forward to getting rid of that look!!
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    sw 165.2
    today is 162.8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Down 2.4 so excited!

Way to go! That's a fantastic loss.

I'm looking forward to a fresh start this week. I haven't worked out in 2 weeks because I had the flu and recovery took awhile. I'm finally starting to feel energetic enough to resume my daily workouts.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Hot Moms rock!!!
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I posted in the Group 8 thread, but I'll post here too - my weigh in today is 138.8, up a pound from last week. Which isn't as bad as I expected, considering it's TOM here. If I am still stuck at this weight a week from now, I'm going to have to figure out some serious revisions to what I'm doing!