HOT MOMS (Closed Group) - 7/18 to 12/31

Options

Replies

• tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone with a loss so far!! You all are awesome!! I weighed in this morning and am actually up 0.2 for this week...149.4. I was kinda expecting it, since I had such a big loss last week (3.4) and celebrated a bit last weekend. But I am back on track and dropping again. I really need to kick in the workouts...been slacking a bit lately. I have a half marathon coming up next month and am feeling unprepared, so I need to get my training going. If any of you are children of the 80's like I am, we are going to the Journey, Foreigner and Night Ranger concert tonight...I am so excited!! I loved those bands back in the day!! Hope everyone has something fun planned for the weekend...enjoy it!! Tammy
    Oh wow! Take me with you!! I would love to go to that concert :bigsmile: I know you'll have tons of fun!
    :heart: Marie

Thanks ladies!! The concert was awesome!! I think Foreigner was my favorite out of the three, but they were all great!! If you ever get a chance to see any of them, I would highly recommend it. It was a great time!! Unfortunately, with rock concerts also comes a few beers, so I am up a bit today. Now, back on track this week and time to get that number dropping again. Two weekends in a row, with not so good behavior, leads to the scale going up, which is not good. So, need to get back on track and get myself moving again too. Hope everyone's week is off to a great start!!

OH WOW I would love to go also. Foreigner was one of my fav's back in the day. I know you will have a great time ENJOY
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    I've lost 1 pound this week so that puts me at 257 :bigsmile: The scale is at least headed in the right direction! :)

No other hot moms from group 1 have reported yet this week :brokenheart:
    Hope you all are doing great! Let's finish out the year strong!
    :smooched: Marie
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    Day 1 was a success!! At least I'm declaring it one. Here were my new challenges this week, and here's how I did.

**EXERCISE -- 10,000 steps/day (5 miles) and 20 min strength training DVD/day.
    My pedometer broke, so I had to estimate how many steps I walked today. I'm guessing it's around 8000. Not quite 10,000, but a great start! I'll get a new pedometer tomorrow night.
    Did the 10 lb Slimdown Upper Body video. Totally forgot how much that lady kicks my butt! It felt SO good to squeeze in that extra 25 min workout.

**FOOD -- Track all calories, stay within daily limits, and keep treat calories under 100 cals/day.
    Tracked all my calories. Only went over my daily calories by 340.
    Kept my "sweets" calories to 90.

AND, I even cooked food for my family -- the first time in 12 days! I'm learning how to make it all work with my new job.

It feels so good to end the day "almost perfect." Isn't 80/20 what we're aiming for, anyways? (Perfect 80% of the time, bending the rules for the remaining 20%.)

Hope everyone had a great Monday too! If not, there's always Tuesday. :tongue:

@Marie, "med79" -- GREAT JOB! You're SO close to reaching "50 lb lost" on your tracker! I bet you'll get there next week...
  • rkoontz
    rkoontz Posts: 75
    Options
    I forgot to post my weight yesterday - here it is 216.0 - the same as last week. The weekend was rough with the birthday celebrations. I even made all my foods fat free. And thought that I watched how much I ate. There is always this week to do better.

I did 2 miles on my treadmill yesterday.

Helen - your 10,000 steps/day sounds like a good goal for me to work toward. I can do 3 miles so surely I can do 5 miles. LOL

WTG everyone on your weight loss this week.
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies! Today was a C25K day - I did week 5, day 3 -- I decided to run a little longer to complete 2 miles, which ended up taking me 29 minutes. (and 5 seconds. LOL) I'm feeling really good about my progress! I'm at about a 15 minute mile now -- my goal is to get down to a 10 minute mile, and be able to run 3 miles in the time it takes me to do 2 now.

I'm planning to do a BodyRock workout later on today... not sure which one yet! I've decided to increase my BR workouts to 4-5 times a week (instead of 3) and hopefully that will help with this mini-plateau. (It's not quite a real plateau yet -- but it's still annoying! LOL)

I'm now working on being proactive with our weekly menu - I think with some planning and good budgeting, we should be able to improve the way we've been eating lately. I think that I was doing a lot better with the weight loss when I was getting more produce, which probably has a lot to do with the fiber, among other things. Also, I'm historically pretty relaxed about going over calories a bit, and perhaps I've been a little *too* relaxed these days - so I'm going to commit to being stricter about staying within my cals. I'm considering not always eating back all my exercise cals -- I've been a stickler for always eating back 100%, which worked well for me before, but it isn't working at all now. I may play around with only eating back half of them, and see how I feel and if that helps get the weight loss back on track.
  • tamcrit
    Options
    Wow Helen, Robin, and Colleen!! You guys are doing great with focusing on your fitness and food intake and sticking with your goals. Great inspiration for the rest of us!! Helen, you are so right about the 80/20 rule...if we focus on the 80%, we can allow ourselves the 20%...good philosophy. Colleen, way to go on the C25K!! You are getting there and will only continue to improve...stick with it!! Good job analyzing what you are currently doing and figuring out new goals...changing things up is what keeps the plateaus from lasting too long. Hope everyone else is doing great!! Happy Tuesday gang!! Tammy
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Also working my way back up to 10k steps a day, this weeks target is 5000. Put a new battery in my pedometer last week, then put it somewhere safe (!!!) so now I can't find it. Could end up burning 1000 calories tomorrow turning the house upside down looking for it :laugh:

Had a 20% day today, so will need to refocus tomorrow. Last day on the meds was yesterday but the effects could take a week or so to sort themselves out. After today's cravings caught me out, tomorrow I will have to plan some distractions, and not watch TV otherwise I could end up eating my weight in crisps and biscuits, leftovers and anything else that's handy.
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

I hope it's not too late to weigh in!

I wanted to wait until I had finished my TOM and plus with our Thanksgiving just on the weekend...I knew I would have a bit of water retention from smiling while I was cooking.

I weighed in at 130.0 lbs,so I lost .4! I know it's not much,but hopefully next week will be better!

You girls are doing great!:smile:
  • joimichele
    Options
    Group 9

Leigh_b: 133
    dc_amarllyis: 119
    joimichele: 122
    swimmom: 121
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS to all the losers this week.Have a great week and get those workouts in. Let's all try something new this week, it can be a new exercise,new food, new hair product,etc and share with us what you tried and how you liked it.....

nQBzD.jpg
  • Babbe
    Babbe Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hey girls,

Not sure how this week way in is going to go. It is TOM and I have been over in my cals alot this week. I just hope that if it is a gain that it is not to much. I have been consistently loosing for the past 5 weeks or so. In the past it has been loose for a few weeks then a gain then loose for a few weeks so I don't know. I did increase my calories a couple of weeks ago. Sorry if I am rambling I just need to say it.
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hey girls. Going to throw my own little pity party. I am in a rut that I keep trying to get out of, but am having those same struggles we all do. Busy, too tired to work out. Busy, too busy to stay disciplined with working out and eating. Whose fault is this? MINE! I need someone to virtually kick my *kitten*. Any takers? Please, please:)
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    STOP MAKING EXCUSES!! Isn't that all it is? You can find time to do at least five minutes of exercise everyday, are you on the computer or watching TV--exercise first! Park far away from the places you go--march in place while brushing your teeth. Everything adds up!!
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hey girls. Going to throw my own little pity party. I am in a rut that I keep trying to get out of, but am having those same struggles we all do. Busy, too tired to work out. Busy, too busy to stay disciplined with working out and eating. Whose fault is this? MINE! I need someone to virtually kick my *kitten*. Any takers? Please, please:)

Come on! You can do it! Once you get started,you'll be glad you did workout! No more excuses! Move your butt girl!:wink:
  • Babbe
    Babbe Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I had no change in weight this week. I am glad with the no gain, I was expecting a gain from the bad week and TOM.

Now to just get back to the workouts everyday. I seriously need a kick in the butt. I have no motivation. I am about half way to my final goal weight and I don't want to give up.

Hope every one is having a great week.

Sarah
  • tamcrit
    Options
    I have also been lacking motivation this week, and like a few others have mentioned, I need a swift kick in the butt to get my butt moving again. I have been stuck for the past two weeks. I weighed in at 149.2 this morning, which is the same weight I was at two weeks ago. Prior to that, I had had a few weeks in a row with 2-3 pound losses, so I guess that couldn't last forever and and is now just kinda evening out. I will get myself moving again this week and I WILL see a drop next week. Let's go girls!! We CAN do this!!
    Hope you are all doing well, Tammy
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    Thank you so much for doing this chart every week :flowerforyou: It's really a great motivation for me to keep going and finish out the year strong!
    :smooched: Marie
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Thanks for yelling at me! I mean it, seriously. Tomorrow is a new day, I am starting fresh. I worked too hard to let my muscles turn to flab again. Love the way my clothes feel. Going to watch Biggest Loser week 2 tomorrow morning for a reminder ( I am behind:( on episodes). Thank you thank you! We are in control of our own destinies. Lv ya girls-no matter where you are at in your journey, remember-this is for life. We will slip, it is how we get up that matters! Thanks again ladies!
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    After a gain last week.....I had a 1.2 lbs loss this week so Im at 153.2 now with a 13.2 total loss since joining Hot Moms. Im ashamed to say that my exercise has really taken a hit. During the Summer I was exercising 6x/wk...now that I have gone back to work it's hard to find the time between work and activities that the boys are in. But Im still trying to find that happy medium!