HOT MOMS (Closed Group) - 7/18 to 12/31

Options

Replies

• momwithacamera
    momwithacamera Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am at 162 this week, and happy with that because I was starting to stall out!
    Jen
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I weighed in at 136.6 this morning! Down 1.2 lbs -- I think I'm back on track! :drinker:
  • Babbe
    Babbe Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My goals this week are

1. cook 3 homemade meals

I have started to cook more homemade meals the past couple of weeks. I have to say I love skinnytaste.com. My kids who are very picky are eating most of it as well.

2. work out at the gym at least 3 times

Some of the other moms at Ava's preschool belong to the same gym as me and are planning to workout this week while the kids are in school. It is going to be raining this week and I WILL NOT use that as an excuse.

I thought that if I put it in writing then I will be more apt to do and be held accountable as well. Hopefully my motivation will be kick into gear this week.

Join me in writing your goals down this week

Sarah
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    My goals this week are

1. cook 3 homemade meals

I have started to cook more homemade meals the past couple of weeks. I have to say I love skinnytaste.com. My kids who are very picky are eating most of it as well.

2. work out at the gym at least 3 times

Some of the other moms at Ava's preschool belong to the same gym as me and are planning to workout this week while the kids are in school. It is going to be raining this week and I WILL NOT use that as an excuse.

I thought that if I put it in writing then I will be more apt to do and be held accountable as well. Hopefully my motivation will be kick into gear this week.

Join me in writing your goals down this week

Sarah

Thanks for the invite Sarah. I will join you:)
    I will do my cardio/strength training 3x this week. Tomorrow is a good day to start so I don't have to try and get one in during the work week.
    I will either walk or do a light elliptical workout 2x this week.
    I will drink at least 10 cups of water a day.
    I will pack my lunches all week, even if I just eat a can of soup and veggies. I will not allow myself to even eat a salad I make at school-it is in the back of the kitchen and the other food is too tempting.
    I will track my food and exercise every day this week.
    I WILL not eat food that is bad for my body. I WILL NOT EAT FAST FOOD. Yuck.
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Way to go Marcia and Sarah!! Count me in too!! I kicked my own butt this morning and got out for a short run...4 miles, but at least I moved today!! I will run at least two times this next week...got to get my training going for my half marathon next month. Hope everyone is having a great week. Tammy
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    I'll join you, Sarah and Marcia! I tried this last week, posting my goals on Sunday and all, only to have an epic fail this week. However, I learned so much just trying to make these goals happen, so it wasn't a total loss. Here's what I learned:

1. I'm a stress eater. My work stress has tripled, and that had me headed to the peanut M&M's.
    2. I'm strengthening my "give-in-to-cravings-muscle" every single time I decide to buy junk food and eat it, all for the sake of stress. This week, I'll work on strengthening my "don't-give-in-to-cravings-muscle." It'll be hard, but I'd rather end the day within my calories.
    3. Stick with the plan! I bring in healthy snacks and foods to work each day. Just stick with them and don't buy anything extra at the officer/cafeteria/bookstore/vending machines.
    4. Move it to lose it! I had one busy night this week, but there really were no other excuses for skipping my workouts Tuesday through Saturday. All I'm aiming for is a 20-min DVD at night, and I have 330 min between coming home from work and bedtime. No excuses!

So.....I'll repeat my goals from last week, aiming for more a better success rate than I had last week. Here are my goals again.

**EXERCISE -- 10,000 steps/day at work (5 miles) and 20 min strength training DVD each night.
    **FOOD -- Track all calories, stay within daily limits, and keep treat calories under 100 cals/day.

And I think it will help me to report in each night, so get used to a daily post from me this week. I think posting daily will really help me to stick to my goals.

Thanks for kicking us off, Sarah! Anyone else out there who wants to post their weekly goals?
  • mussmom
    Options
    @Helen, Sarah, Tammy: I am also going to try and post even just whether or not I completed my goal for the day. Things get crazy, but I think I can manage 5 minutes:) Plus, it helps to have the support and accountability.
    @Helen-man I have been working that give in muscle a ton lately. You know what really helped? When I moved out of the yellow on your chart. It really bothered me. I am letting my team down. So, I too will stay away from junk. Gum and water or a square of 60% or 72% dark cocoa. Kills the sweet craving almost instantly. I hope your job is good. I'm sure you are feeling a bit stressed trying to adjust to being a working mom. It will get better as you get your routine down.
    @Sarah-keep it up! I am glad you and Helen got us rolling on writing our goals. Good luck on your homemade meals. I also plan to make dinners then take them for lunches the next day.
    @Tammy-haha, short run. Scary that to runners that is a short run. You will get your runs in this week.

To all of you-in stalking the threads last night I was led to an awesome website. At least I think it looks awesome. It is written by a girl who is vegan, but there are tons of dessert recipes that are low cal, some gluten free and mostly low fat and sugar. She uses non-dairy milks and yes, tofu. I plan on trying some-I printed off her recipe for lemon poppy-seed muffins today. I will let you know how it works. Also, there is a recipe for no bake peanut butter chocolate cookies. I will try that also, minus the raisins, yuck.
    It is called chocolatecoveredkatie.com
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week:

1. Get back to eating more produce
    2. Plan meals instead of winging it so much
    3. Look into increasing calories while eating more clean
    4. Complete C25K Week 7; BodyRock 5 days; Yoga 3 days; P90X 3 days; active rest 2 days.
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    My goals for the week are:

1. Start C25K on Monday, repeat on Wed and Fri - whatever the weather!!
    2. Continue 30DS EVERY DAY (L1D5 done today)
    3. Plan my meals better to ensure I am getting enough protein (Colleen - your goal 2 re: 'winging it' made me laugh - I do that all the time! Although this often meals that the well meaning weekly purchases of fresh produce go to waste in the back of the fridge while I grab for frozen veg and ready made sauces)
    4. Drink more water (usually only manage 4-6 cups) (also going to do 28 days alcohol free)

For once I am really looking forward to tomorrows weigh in. Since I joined Hot Moms I have been fighting not to gain weight due to medication and now I am off it the weight is finally coming off. That and 30DS is blasting through my body fat and inches so full set of results when I weigh in tomorrow :happy:
  • mussmom
    Options
    Done! Day two on my new kick my butt in gear. Exercised, ate well, and drank lots of water. Made an amazing chicken taco chili with tomatoes and veggies from the garden. Now I have lunch for tomorrow. Woo hoo! Let's go girls-do this!
  • mussmom
    Options
    My goals for the week are:

1. Start C25K on Monday, repeat on Wed and Fri - whatever the weather!!
    2. Continue 30DS EVERY DAY (L1D5 done today)
    3. Plan my meals better to ensure I am getting enough protein (Colleen - your goal 2 re: 'winging it' made me laugh - I do that all the time! Although this often meals that the well meaning weekly purchases of fresh produce go to waste in the back of the fridge while I grab for frozen veg and ready made sauces)
    4. Drink more water (usually only manage 4-6 cups) (also going to do 28 days alcohol free)

For once I am really looking forward to tomorrows weigh in. Since I joined Hot Moms I have been fighting not to gain weight due to medication and now I am off it the weight is finally coming off. That and 30DS is blasting through my body fat and inches so full set of results when I weigh in tomorrow :happy:
    Good luck with your weigh in-I am excited for you!
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Weighed in this morning at 141.25 lbs.

Completed my first C25K 'run' and now off to do my 30DS...
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I weighed in at 136.6 this morning! Down 1.2 lbs -- I think I'm back on track! :drinker:

Yes!:wink:
  • Shyloh1
    Options
    Weighed in this morning at 141.25 lbs.

Completed my first C25K 'run' and now off to do my 30DS...

You're doing great!:smile:
  • Shyloh1
    Options
    Well,no weight loss for me this week. I'm still weighing in at 130 lbs.

I'm going to up my calories,I think and see what happens.

Congrats to everyone,you're doing great!:flowerforyou:
  • rkoontz
    rkoontz Posts: 75
    Options
    My weigh in for today is 215.5

As some of you know I am doing The 17 Day Diet. My total weight loss from C1 and C2 was 18.5 pounds and 14.5 inches gone. My inches after C3 was another 1.5 inches gone. My weight went up and down during C3 and I know the reason NOT STAYING ON TRACK- with my weight being 220.0 on Sunday Morning. When I weighed in this morning after getting back on track with R2C1D1 is 215.5. Which actually is .5 pounds lighter than last Monday when I posted my weight here. I am positive that I will be down more by Friday - which I had a goal set for my weight to be 200.0 on Oct. 21. We are leaving for a cruise that day. We set sail on Saturday. It will be since 2006 since I weighed this amount and a little lower. I am working toward 200.0, but am not sure if I can get there in 5 days. I purchased all the foods that will help get me there. I am not going to stress on the cruise and just get back on track when I get back home. I do plan to get some walking in while gone - so hoping that will help me not to gain so much. I do usually gain while on a cruise so not going to be angry about it when I go up.

I like the setting goals on here. I will jump in when I get back Oct. 31. Good luck to all of you. I look forward to seeing our weight loss chart from this week.
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    WooHoo! 2 more pounds bite the dust :) I'm at 255 this morning so I've lost 2 pounds this week :bigsmile:
    :smooched: Marie
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    Weighing in at 191.8 today. Down 0.8 lbs. I'll gladly take this slow-but-steady weekly losses in October than my up-and-downs in the summer!

So glad to see all the check-ins and everyone's progress!!!!
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Done! Day two on my new kick my butt in gear. Exercised, ate well, and drank lots of water. Made an amazing chicken taco chili with tomatoes and veggies from the garden. Now I have lunch for tomorrow. Woo hoo! Let's go girls-do this!

Way to go girl!! Keep it up!!

My husband is out of town today until Wednesday, so that means I get to cook for myself (he usually cooks) and kids will fend for themselves after soccer and water polo practices. (Don't worry, I feed them...we keep the frig stocked with leftovers and things they can easily heat up on practice days) I will run during my daughter's soccer practice, so I will get in my run today. There, I put it in writing, so I have to do it!!

Have a great Monday everyone!!
    Tammy
  • LPC020409
    LPC020409 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Bump.