October Whole 30 for Paleo/Primal Support Peeps

Options

Replies

• Ayla20103005
    Ayla20103005 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    For the record........my chili smells in-frigging-credible. wow........ i can't wait to try it!

3 lbs ground beef
    1 lbs bacon
    2 chorizo sausages
    1 & 1/2 onions
    3 cloves garlic
    1 red hot pepper
    1 jalepeno
    2 diced tomatoes

way too many spices

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

OMG thank you for this, its delicious!!!
    I just made a huge batch that I will separate for easy breakfasts this week, and for any time we need a quick meal.
    I added cumin and paprika too.
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I found you :) I want to find you again so I am marking you LOL I just started this week eating paleo and it just makes so much sense. I have no results yet to report but next month expect some. I do have a slight headache in the afternoons, for two days in a row. Not sure what is causing it but I am eating plenty.
    Mary
  • justamyagain
    justamyagain Posts: 154 Member
    Options
  • Ayla20103005
    Options
    Good post that one :)
    I just made this http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-to-make-the-ultimate-salsa/
    And OMG it is amazing! So fresh and tasty, I want to put it on everything LOL
  • froglegjack
    Options
    does anyone cook with coconut oil and how is it? I almost bought some today but got scared....at both the high calories and the price? Do you just love it?
    Mary
  • Ayla20103005
    Options
    Love coconut oil :D
    Cook everything in it, and have it in my coffee. Its a good fat, that you need.
  • iluv2travel
    Options
    Good evening everyone, just wanted to share a conversation I had with a friend of mine yesterday. I was talking to her about the Paleo/Primal eating lifestyle and how I eat high fat, low carb meals in a day and that I eat fat to lose fat. She just laughed at me and asked (jokingly) if I was a member of the american health association because it was the most absurd thing she's heard. LOL
  • PrimalMorningMoon
    PrimalMorningMoon Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Graysgirl - Date: Oct. 7, 2011. Height: 5'3"
    Weight: Starting 182 lbs AS OF 10/31 179lbs
    Waist: 39 1/2"
    Hips: 46"
    Arm (L): 13 1/2"
    Eddie Bauer jeans: Size 16
    Training: Hike, body weight exercises, kettlebell
    Whole 30 Oct Goals: Get a good start on clean, 80/20 Primal eating & fitness. get OFF the melatonin supplement.

I'm doing pretty well on the clean and Primal WOE and WOL. Keeping at it...feel great.

I am OFF the melatonin supplement and sleeping very well! Going to sleep easier than I have in a long time. I was doing 6mg, cut that to 3mg for one week, then cut to nothing the 3rd week--I was going to do some if I needed it the nights before I had big plans for the morning. Turned out I didn't need it and now it has been a week since having any and will continue to create my own with low lights and less tv computer in the evenings. And it certainly helps to stay very active during the day!

I've just completed the first week of the 21 day Primal Challenge...it's touching on all the aspects of primal eating, weight loss, fitness, and lifestyle. I think it's helpful, and I am one who does like to do things with some structure.

Will there be a November Challenge?
  • tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Just want to mark my spot, I am really considering this :)
  • froglegjack
    Options
    Ok thanks :) going to try it
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone, just wanted to share a conversation I had with a friend of mine yesterday. I was talking to her about the Paleo/Primal eating lifestyle and how I eat high fat, low carb meals in a day and that I eat fat to lose fat. She just laughed at me and asked (jokingly) if I was a member of the american health association because it was the most absurd thing she's heard. LOL

A little sad isn't it? I tell my friends and family I eat a very high fat diet and I get, "yes dear, but you're special (read: sick), not everyone can do that." Why not????? My MIL does low fat WW and measures every bite, every ounce, every spoonful. She's miserable and hasn't dropped any weight or inches and ends up on week-long binges. She did Somercize a few years ago (food combining program that was low-carb leaning) and did well, enjoyed the food and successfully lost weight. I ask why she continues to do the WW and she says it's easier. Easier to be miserable, feel restricted, hungry and not lose any weight???
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options

I'd like to see one, I feel like this thread drew a lot of interest. Grokette and ResilientWoman both have had a lot on their plates recently, don't know if they will want to moderate November or if someone else wants to take the reins?
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options

I'd like to see one, I feel like this thread drew a lot of interest. Grokette and ResilientWoman both have had a lot on their plates recently, don't know if they will want to moderate November or if someone else wants to take the reins?

I'll be supporting a November Challenge but between my Shiang-Shiang preparing to pass and flying home to New Orleans for the first time in 3 years, I'm full up. BWB: Are you able to take this on for November?
  • justamyagain
    justamyagain Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be involved in a November Challenge! I feel like I'm just starting to understand how my body reacts to food choices, and would love to begin really losing weight.
  • Ayla20103005
    Options
    Im in for November :D
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Grokette is our moderator.

I'm going to be on meetup.com/Paleo30 more than the thread here, but will read it. I hate all the hate mail, hate pM, and lurkers on this site.
  • Ayla20103005
    Options
    Im still waiting for approval on meetup :(
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I would be up for a November challenge as well. This support group has been fantastic at keeping me on track.
    I unfortunately don't love the meet-up site for this sort of thing. I have enough places to check in on the daily and I only have so much time- I stop here and on facebook in the AM and in the evening. I'll check in there when I remember but I'll mostly be around here. Supportin' my MFPee-ers. :bigsmile:

I'm sorry some of you experience judgement for your food choices. I suppose I am surrounded by friends and family that have and understand dietary issues so I'm not judged at all in fact the Halloween party was a blast full of fantastic Paleo friendly food.

Someone made Sugar-free, soy free, wheat free brownies, there was gluten free zucchini bread, Meat and Cheese trays, roasted squash "fries", gluten free gravy, Roasted Turkey, veggie trays and lots of wine!

Such a fantastic time,
    My bf's sister n law is making Thanksgiving dinner and just emailed me about what dietary needs are and plans on making a few special items.

I suppose I'm blessed with the support I get...

I'll post my results from the October challenge tonight when I get home- things are looking and feeling good!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Im still waiting for approval on meetup :(

You are approved now!! :flowerforyou:
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Grokette is our moderator.

I'm going to be on meetup.com/Paleo30 more than the thread here, but will read it. I hate all the hate mail, hate pM, and lurkers on this site.

Unfortunately I am feeling the same way as BusyWaterBending...............

I am working on getting my website up to speed and when I do, I am going to split my time between my website and meetup.com

I am tired of getting the mail where people are cutting me down saying things such as "Who do you think you are.........you don't know what your talking about.....................you should really leave this site, you bring people down, etc...........

I am only human and I can only take so much negativity. I don't have negative people in my real world scenario and I will be damned if I continue to subject myself to online negativity.

I know it is not you guys, but others and I just don't know how much more I can take of getting negativity slammed down my throat when I am only trying to coach, educate and encourage others that want information on our way of living.

This site is getting to a point of being very counter-productive to the Paleo lifestyle in general.