1181920212224»

Replies

• Ayla20103005
    Ayla20103005 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Im still waiting for approval on meetup :(

You are approved now!! :flowerforyou:

thank you!

Sorry to those of you who are getting negativity :( its not on, and not fair.
  • Ayla20103005
    Options
    weird, it still says membership is pending. Ill try again later.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Will there be a November Challenge?

I'd like to see one, I feel like this thread drew a lot of interest. Grokette and ResilientWoman both have had a lot on their plates recently, don't know if they will want to moderate November or if someone else wants to take the reins?

I'll be supporting a November Challenge but between my Shiang-Shiang preparing to pass and flying home to New Orleans for the first time in 3 years, I'm full up. BWB: Are you able to take this on for November?

I will start the November Challenge. We will be continuing with the same motto going forward.

I will get the thread started late tonight and will post my stats in the morning. I have an 8:00 am Doctor appointment so it may be later in the morning before I get my stats posted.

You are welcome to post your changes from the past 30 days if you so wish also.

I love this group, but the site is somewhat getting to me from members outside our group.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    weird, it still says membership is pending. Ill try again later.

Your listed right below me in the members list............
  • Ayla20103005
    Options
    YAY im there :)
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Grokette and everyone.
    I am sorry you are getting such negativity here. I want to say thanks for this and for the November challenge. I am very new to Paleo and am learning alot from all of you so I really do appreciate this being here.
    Mary
  • justamyagain
    justamyagain Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Grokette and everyone.
    I am sorry you are getting such negativity here. I want to say thanks for this and for the November challenge. I am very new to Paleo and am learning alot from all of you so I really do appreciate this being here.
    Mary

Me too!
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm shocked at the negativity! I have been reading the thread because I'm very interested in it. I haven't started full on paleo because I do eat some dairy, but I do follow a clean eating plan otherwise no sugar and very little grains. I like this thread because there is a lot of good info and hope to eventually start cross fit.
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I didn't follow the lifestyle as closely as I'd like, but my family and I are still improving...

TheGlen - Height: 5'10"

Beginning of October Stats:
    Weight: 229.5 lbs
    Neck: 17.25"
    Waist: 44"

End of October Stats:
    Weight: 222 lbs
    Neck: 17"
    Waist: 42.5"
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I didn't follow the lifestyle as closely as I'd like, but my family and I are still improving...

TheGlen - Height: 5'10"

Beginning of October Stats:
    Weight: 229.5 lbs
    Neck: 17.25"
    Waist: 44"

End of October Stats:
    Weight: 222 lbs
    Neck: 17"
    Waist: 42.5"

Nice Work Glen! Even if you didn't follow it exactly as planned it still gave you some good results! Keep doing your best everyday to not slip into old habits and look forward to this as your way of life and you'll do it!! :bigsmile:
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'9.75" (figure that's not going to change) ;)
    Weight: 170.2 lbs (won't be talking about this again unless I hit 165lbs which is possible but not an actual goal)
    Measurements:
    Bust: 39 in
    Waist: 30.5 in (woop woop down an inch since this time last month!)
    Hips: 40.5 in (I swear these mf-ers just won't die.)
    Right thigh: 21.5 in
    Right calf: 15.5
    Right bicep: 12.25
    PRs:
    Barbell bench press: 135lbs (3 sets of 8)
    Dead lift: 185lbs (3 sets of 6)
    Squat: 225lbs (3 sets of 8) today!!! :)
    Speed:
    1 mile: 7:45
    5K: 27:56
    12K: 67:34

Height: 5'9.75" (HEY! I'M STILL TALL!) ;)
    Weight: 164.2! Surprise!!
    Measurements:
    Bust: 39 in
    Waist: 29.5 in
    Hips: 39.5 in HA! TAKE THAT STUPID FATTY DEPOSITS THAT WON'T BUDGE!! I WILL KEEEEEEL YOU DEAD!!
    Right thigh: 22 in
    Right calf: 15.5
    Right bicep: 12.75
    PRs:
    Barbell bench press: 140lbs (3 sets of 8)
    Dead lift: 185lbs (3 sets of 6) I am stuck and this angers me greatly. :explode:
    Squat: 245lbs (3 sets of 8)
    Speed:
    1 mile: 7:45
    5K: 27:45
    12K: 66:34 (Pushed out 8 miles in 71 minutes I checked my 12K during this run and it was this number if I had been going to just the 12K I would have sprinted it out to get it under 66 but now I know I can! :bigsmile: )

Over all despite an injury and a genuine freakout about it I finished this month well and I'm ready to take on November.

Bring it Thanksgiving- I got your Holiday temptations right here!! Oh and Christmas... I got my eye on you.
  • determinedcrystal
    determinedcrystal Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    im totally on for november
  • iluv2travel
    Options
    Yay for a November support group! October has been more of a trial month for me, trying to listen and understand how I feel as I adapt to the Primal lifestyle. I am hoping November would be a much better month for me and that I would be able to make better choices while enjoying the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday! I look forward to seeing you all in the Nov thread :smile:
  • justamyagain
    justamyagain Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Yay for a November support group! October has been more of a trial month for me, trying to listen and understand how I feel as I adapt to the Primal lifestyle. I am hoping November would be a much better month for me and that I would be able to make better choices while enjoying the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday! I look forward to seeing you all in the Nov thread :smile:

Agreed. I feel as though I have a better idea of *what* to eat, now I need to work on the amount :P. Overall, I feel better, but I was not really focussed on losing weight. Not only did I not lose weight, but I may have gained a few lbs. oh well...I'm trying to look at this as a lifetime journey.
  • kirkland123
    Options
    Great site hee lots of information posted up here, thank for that

Pagg Supplement
  • kirkland123
    Options
    The information provided by you people is awesome man, It has been a great help from your side, thanks buddy

Pagg Supplement
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'll post my closing stats for this challenge in a few days. Weird training schedule with coach this week. Thanks for all of the TLC!
  • AmbitionStrong
    AmbitionStrong Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I broke through my stall half way through Oct and dropped 10lbs!! On to November!!
  • graceea
    graceea Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    love all the posts!