Anyone running a race this month?

Options

Replies

• emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    October 8th we are re-running the Fox Cities Half course (since I was so sick and had such a bad race, I wanna do it better)

October 15th Whistlstop Half

October 23rd St Louis Rock N Roll Half

Its a busy racin month!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    My son and I are doing the University of Washington Dawg Dash 5k on the 23rd. His first. He'll probably beat me despite my "veteran" status lol.
  • BroDave
    BroDave Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My son and I are doing the University of Washington Dawg Dash 5k on the 23rd. His first. He'll probably beat me despite my "veteran" status lol.

Good luck to you and your son, how old is he.
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    good luck everyone on their runs! you marathon runners are my inspiration. i'm not sure if i'll ever be there, but i'll keep pushing myself! 45 minutes is the longest i've run so far.

having said that, i'm running my first ever 5k on the 30th... "The Pumpkin Run." Hopefully it won't be more like a pumpkin roll... i've only been running since august, but i'm having a blast running for the first time in my life! i even ran 2.5 miles last weekend in my goal of under 10 minute miles... i know that isn't much for some of you, but for me it's huge! i went from 12-13 minute miles to 10 in 2-3 weeks. *huge smiles*

happy running everyone!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I have my very first race, a 10K, on October 23rd. Finished my longest training run today, 6 miles, so I'm psyched for the 23rd to get here.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    10K race today, 10K race next Monday, a 5K on the 22nd and a half on the 23rd. Maybe a 5K on the 29th. All leads up to my first full on November 5th. I live to race!
  • BroDave
    Options
    good luck everyone on their runs! you marathon runners are my inspiration. i'm not sure if i'll ever be there, but i'll keep pushing myself! 45 minutes is the longest i've run so far.

having said that, i'm running my first ever 5k on the 30th... "The Pumpkin Run." Hopefully it won't be more like a pumpkin roll... i've only been running since august, but i'm having a blast running for the first time in my life! i even ran 2.5 miles last weekend in my goal of under 10 minute miles... i know that isn't much for some of you, but for me it's huge! i went from 12-13 minute miles to 10 in 2-3 weeks. *huge smiles*

happy running everyone!

Good stuff!!! You will do great.
  • wbgolden
    Options

He is 14. 2 years ago he was your typical kid these days (overweight, video games, poor performance in school). No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't motivate him. Then I started running.

Since then, he has started sports in school and dropped a BUNCH of weight. Now we go to the Y 4-5 times a week. He sold his Xbox recently so he could concentrate on his first year of high school (straight A's so far!)

I wish I'd set a better example long before I did! :( and :)
  • tisamg
    tisamg Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I know this doesnt count, but I'm running in the non-competitive end of the Komen 5k Race for a cure. =)

That totally counts!!!
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Army Ten Miler in DC on October 9th. It's a family affair: my dad, brother, and sister in law are also running it.
  • TorridCutie
    Options
    I have a half-marathon tomorrow morning (Oct. 2nd) and a full marathon on Oct. 30th.

Good luck to all the racers.
  • malloriewebb
    Options
    Got a 7K tomorrow (because cancer sucks) and a 5K 10/22 for Special Olympics! Woo hoo! Better get to bed. :)
  • ksharon22
    ksharon22 Posts: 111
    Options
    Had a 10k this morning and doing Monster Dash 10 mile on October 29. Maybe sneaking another 5k in next Saturday.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Just got home from the Warrior Dash, Very well set up race! I had a blast and especially loved the obstacles.
  • wbgolden
    Options
    Just got home from the Warrior Dash, Very well set up race! I had a blast and especially loved the obstacles.
    Congrats on your finish! No small feat.

I'm already registered for June 2012 in Seattle! LOVED it! Can't wait to do it again!
  • BroDave
    Options

He is 14. 2 years ago he was your typical kid these days (overweight, video games, poor performance in school). No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't motivate him. Then I started running.

Since then, he has started sports in school and dropped a BUNCH of weight. Now we go to the Y 4-5 times a week. He sold his Xbox recently so he could concentrate on his first year of high school (straight A's so far!)

I wish I'd set a better example long before I did! :( and :)

Great story thanks for posting it. Tell him I am pulling for him to beat you.
  • mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    LA Rock n Roll Half Marathon October 30th. Hoping to break my PR of 1:57...I keep getting around that...1:59 under 2 but barely :(
  • tigerbluefly
    tigerbluefly Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm running my first Full marathon this month on October 16th. It's been a long summer of training but I'm ready for it!!
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm running a 50K next Saturday, another one in November, and one in December!! :bigsmile:

Looking for a 50 miler to run in the spring with a long cut-off time. :noway:
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    My 11 year old and I have a 5k (my second) October 29.

He has been busting out some 7 min miles lately and I can't wait to see him beat his personal record for 5K. His pr is 26:20 (8:30).

My pr is a 38:41, so I am really looking forward to cracking that one open. :-)