Anyone running a race this month?

Options

Replies

• Faeriegirl74
    Faeriegirl74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I love this time of year cause it's great racing weather (finally) in Texas!
    I did a 15k yesterday (and hit a PR)....no other races in October - just training runs...

Upcoming Races:
    11/6/2011 - DRC Half Marathon (Running on the Run/Walk Pace Team)
    12/4/2011 - White Rock Marathon (Running on the SMU Cox Corporate Relay Team)
    3/25/2012 - Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I ran a cancer remembrance run with my son. I will also do a zombie run on Oct 29 with some friends. Should be fun....you have people sign up as survivors and others sign up as the infected. The infected starts a few mins after the survivors and you try to catch them. Of course the infected also dress up as zombies

OMG! That sounds like suh a blast!! If you remember, and you have pics, post post one here! I'd love to see one!
  • megz85g
    megz85g Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i'm doing a 10km run next sunday for the Melbourne Marathon.
    its my 1st 10km, i have only ever done 5km.
  • BroDave
    BroDave Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I get so excited to be able to run these races now when just a few months ago I would never have even tried something like this. So far I can check off 5K, 10K, 15K, and Half Marathon. I now have several men in my church that have started running with me.

Good luck to all who have races planned and for those who are thinking about entering one, I say "Go For It" you will be glad you did.
  • JustQue
    JustQue Posts: 157
    Options
    I'm running my first 5k on the 16th!!! Q
  • Kilter
    Kilter Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a Warrior Dash Oct 15th with some MFP buddies. Then a Halloween 5k Oct 30th with my baby brother, Tyler (it's his first!)

Good luck to all doing races!!!

I did the Warrior Dash up here in Vancouver during the summer, it was an absolute hoot! Have a blast.
  • Kilter
    Kilter Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm running a 9.5km race (James Cunningham Seawall Race) here in Vancouver at the end of the month. I'll also be doing a half marathon (Fall Classic) up at UBC in November.

Good luck to all who are racing this month, be it your first race, or your five hundredth, remember when you are out there that you are racing and many others aren't. Take pleasure in the day and treat it like the gift it is, one that you give your body and your mind through fitness and hard training :)

S
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Ran a 10K race on Sunday :)
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    I haven't raced since last December, but I'm finally signing up for another 5K: http://www.stategamesofms.org/site1/boorun.

It's basically our towns version of the Run for your Lives 5K- http://runforyourlives.com/

The kids can't wait to do the 1 mile version, obstacles and zombies make for a fun day! :bigsmile:
  • MamaBear05
    MamaBear05 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I ran my first race yesterday....8K. I just recently completed the C25K and my goal was to actually run the whole 8K, preferably in under an hour. Completed it in 48:16. Looking for my next race.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I ran my first race yesterday....8K. I just recently completed the C25K and my goal was to actually run the whole 8K, preferably in under an hour. Completed it in 48:16. Looking for my next race.

Awesome job!
  • BroDave
    Options

That's a great time!!! Congrats!!!!
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I ran a half marathon yesterday (13.1 ATL) and am on the fence about a half marathon at the end of the month. I keep going back and forth with what I want to do! Yesterday I was saying I do not want to run the half at the end of the month but right now I totally want to do it.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Renegade Challenge next Saturday!
  • kitkat415
    Options
    5k October 16, 10k October 22 ... so excited!!
  • BroDave
    Options
    Saturday October 29 I am doing a 10K trail run then I found this and will leave the 10k and go straight to participate in the "Step Up for Down Syndrome Walk" In Kansas City.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a 5K on October 23 for a 9-year old kid who died of cancer at my kids' school. :(( The whole family is running it, including my daughter who will be walking it.
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Already did a 11 mile trail race on Saturday (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/AZTrailRunner/view/race-report-man-against-horse-12-mile-trail-race-154002).

Planning in doing the following in Oct:
    A 7 mile trail race on the 8th.
    A 10K on the 15th.
    A Half on the 22nd
    A 30K (or 10K) Trail race on the 29th.

That oughta bout do it. :bigsmile:
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    free-lap-dance-runners-only.jpg

A little race comedy from the 2006 LA marathon - no I didn't stop
  • Scoobiesnax
    Scoobiesnax Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I ran a 5k Breast Cancer Fundraiser yesterday, a tune up race for my first marathon on October 16th.