Anyone running a race this month?

Options

Replies

• nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I have a 10k in about 3 hours!! It's only my second race and the nerves have already kicked in! Need to turn them into positive thoughts!!
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I just did a 5K yesterday! Next one is in November
  • ludgerclay
    ludgerclay Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Running Vulture Bait 50km on the 15th.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I'm not a runner yet. I'm a wogger in training. Doing a 5K next Saturday. I did the course yesterday to get a feel for it since I never been to the place. All I will say is hills are evil ( >.< )
  • V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I have the Men's Health Survival of the Fittest 10km on October 8th...
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Running my first half marathon October 15 in Baltimore. Dave you have come a long way in such a short time. Keep up the good work. Congrats!!

• twentysixpointtwo
    Options
    Chicago Marathon 10/9-getting nervous... my second marathon, the first was 2 years ago.
  • BroDave
    BroDave Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    To everyone who has a race today or this week, I pray you have a safe and enjoyable run. Be careful and do your best.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Army Ten Miler in DC on October 9th. It's a family affair: my dad, brother, and sister in law are also running it.

OOOOoooo That's one that I want to do next year!!
  • atsteele
    Options
    Running Vulture Bait 50km on the 15th.

LOL Love the name of the race!! We always joke on our long runs when we see vultures that they are circling us, deciding who looks closest to death. hehe
  • atsteele
    Options
    Doing the Steamtown Marathon on Oct 9th. Can't wait!!
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Doing a 5K 10/8 and a 10 mile on 10/29 (Monster Dash in MN)
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I ran a cancer remembrance run with my son. I will also do a zombie run on Oct 29 with some friends. Should be fun....you have people sign up as survivors and others sign up as the infected. The infected starts a few mins after the survivors and you try to catch them. Of course the infected also dress up as zombies
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Got my 10k under my belt!

I was hoping for around 55, but would have been happy with under 60 minutes. I finished in 53:12 and got 2nd place in my age group!

Granted, there was only two IN my age group, but I still rocked it! :drinker:
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Wow, good luck to everyone doing races and congrats to everyone who has done them already! 50k? Wow! :noway:

I keep reminding myself that to pull off the 5k on the 15th will be a huge feat seeing as I just started running again less than a month ago :smile: I have a feeling I'll be the person at the finish line crying because I actually did it :laugh:
  • treesap84
    Options
    Good luck to everyone on their races! :smile: I'm running the Hartford 1/2 on October 15th and I can't wait.
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I know this doesnt count, but I'm running in the non-competitive end of the Komen 5k Race for a cure. =)
    IT ALL COUNTS! WAY TO GO!
    Yesterday I ran a cancer remembrance run with my son. I will also do a zombie run on Oct 29 with some friends. Should be fun....you have people sign up as survivors and others sign up as the infected. The infected starts a few mins after the survivors and you try to catch them. Of course the infected also dress up as zombies
    HAHAHAHA! That is hilarious!

I've been back "in training" since January after a 20-year hiatus from running. At the end of the month, I am doing my longest event yet (even including high school, 20 years ago) -- a 12K Trail run. That's almost 8 miles, at 6000+ ft elevation! I'm so excited. :happy:

RUNNERS -- PLEASE FRIEND ME. I'd like more chatter about electrolyte drinks and glycogen supplements in my wall feed! hahaha Please include a note, if you would. Thanks! :)
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a half marathon near the end of the month. It's local, which I've never done before, but supposed to be a very hard course - I drove it and it's 3/4 up hill. That's OK - I'm prepared to walk if I need to. I"m most excited is it crosses a dam and a bridge and I get to run in two states in one race. The dam has been closed to the public since 9/11, so I'm only do it to run across the dam.
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a Warrior Dash Oct 15th with some MFP buddies. Then a Halloween 5k Oct 30th with my baby brother, Tyler (it's his first!)

Good luck to all doing races!!!
  • falsecho
    falsecho Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Rocktoberfest 5k on the 22nd and the Charlotte Runway Run and NoDa Freaky 5k on the 29th