Anyone running a race this month?

Options

Replies

• SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I'm running a 5k on the 8th, a fund-raiser for my cousin's military unit; I'm doing another 5k memorial run on the 22nd, and then on the 29th, I'm doing yet another 5k- the Monster Dash. It's the one where I can dress in a costume, and it's one I'm most excited about! =)
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Did my 2nd 5k on Saturday, planning for more the 16th, 29th, 11/5 (4 mile), turkey trot on T-giving, and maybe a couple in December if I like running in the winter....

Maybe I need a 12-step program... I blame this on DH - he just ran his 4th marathon yesterday and got me into this craziness... :laugh:
  • Mightytaco84
    Mightytaco84 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I might be doing a 10K on the 29th, if not I'll continue to train for the Richmond Marathon on the 12th of November.
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    running my first 5K on Oct 16th :)
  • BroDave
    BroDave Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    running my first 5K on Oct 16th :)

Good luck and have fun
  • V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Well... Completed my event today. The Men's Health Survial of the Fittest, hay bails, monkey bars, climbing frames, tunnels, cargo nets, 9ft walls, urban assault course, carrying sand bags and a couple of river crossings.

12.3km in 1hr 35mins 43 secs, very pleased with that time considering it's my 1st ever event (couldn't pick an easier 5km!!!).
  • BroDave
    Options
    Did the Clarksville Half Marathon today and was very happy with my time last June my half was 3hr 6 min today 2hr and 15 min.
    Good Luck to everyone else who runns this week.
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    :drinker: WOW! Fantastic time to you both!!
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if all of you run the ENTIRE way? Or do you do a walk/run combo?
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    5K on the 16th of October - a bit worried since I have an injured heel - still planning on doing it - even if there is some pain still there.... right now my focus is to get in the cardio with cross training and then start road running again. Hope to go to a podiatrist next week or the week after.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my first of any of this on October 22nd! It's a 1k walk/5k run for PanCan Austin. It's the Purple Stride event supporting pancreatic cancer research. I can't wait!!!! My daughter and I are participating.
  • gleechick609
    Options
    5k on October 29th - "Spooky Tails and Trails"
  • Laurarunnergirl
    Laurarunnergirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Half Marathon in Des Moines, IA on October 16th
    Half Marathon in New Orleans, LA on October 29th -- my birthday- I always wanted a race shirt with my birthday on it :) Now I just have to find a "happy birthday" tiara -- shouldn't be too hard!
  • BroDave
    Options
    I was wondering if all of you run the ENTIRE way? Or do you do a walk/run combo?

I ran all but maybe a half mile walking only at the water stations and then about a half mile around mile 12. The last Half I did in June was just the opposite and most people walk some
  • linnea213
    linnea213 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to all in your upcoming races and CONGRATS to all who already kicked some butt running your races! I have a 5k on 10/23 followed by a 15k on 11/6 a 4 mile hills race on Thanksgiving and a Jingle Bell Run 5k on 12/17. I'm training to do a half in the Spring 2012...I think!
  • BroDave
    Options
    Good luck to all who are running this weekend hope your training has gone well and your have a PR this weekend
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all who are running this weekend hope your training has gone well and your have a PR this weekend

Thanks! I'm pretty nervous and keep reading and re-reading and re-reading the tips in AZTrailRunner's sig :P
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I have my very first race, a 10K, on October 23rd. Finished my longest training run today, 6 miles, so I'm psyched for the 23rd to get here.
    Just added a costumed 5K for Cystic Fibrosis on October 28th. I'll be running it with a bunch of friends from high school who still live in town. It's going to be a blast!
  • hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    I am running a half marathon on November 6th!
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'm running a 5.6K (3.5 mile) "fun run" in about 30 minutes from now to benefit the local VA hospital.